K.O. 12

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Amber’s POV


We won the game against the team from Suzy’s school. As a form of gratitude, our team wanted to invite her and her friends to a victory dinner, as that also meant that we’re only one win away from the quarter finals. However, they declined the offer as they felt that it’s already too much and that they felt that they’re betraying their school even more. So instead, I just promised her that I’ll make up for it, earning another set of teasing from my teammates.

 

After dinner, I went straight to my work. I just made it on time as I saw Key who just finished changing places with the cashier.

 

“Oh, Key. How are you? Are you feeling better now?” I asked him, concerned that he might still be feeling weak.

 

“It’s just a cold, Am. No need to worry. All I need is one whole day of rest and not seeing your face, and I’m okay.” He answered back.

 

“Yah! What’s with not seeing my face?” I asked once again with a hurt puppy face this time.

 

“It’s annoying sometimes to see a llama pretending to look like a puppy. Seriously, Am.”

 

“Hahaha! Come on, I know that you missed me.” I cooed.

 

“Fine, fine. Anyway, how’s the game?” He asked this time.

 

“Of course we won!” I then told him how Suzy helped our team by cheering us using mascots.

 

“How are you going to make it up to Suzy then?” He pried.

 

“I know she wanted to watch this movie. I just got my salary this month, so I decided maybe a movie isn’t bad, right?”

 

“Woah! I just got sick for one day and you’re already dating her?”

 

“Wha- No! It’s not that kind of date. We’re just going to watch a movie as a sign of my gratitude.” I explained.

 

He then smirked with the way I defended myself. “Aigoo… Look at you. You are soooooo cute!” He said as he pinched both of my cheeks. “You looked like a lost llama who got caught doing something naughty.”

 

“Shhhterrrp Key. Ihrrrt hrrrrtsh.” I struggled saying. He then let go of my cheeks and handed me an energy drink.

 

“Here ya go mah sis. I’m so proud of you.” He then twisted the can open and said, “ONE SHOT!”

 

This guy is going to kill me. While drinking all of the contents of the bottle, a customer went inside and walked towards the fridge section at the back of the store. As I was finished with the drink, Key randomly asked, “So you no longer like that blackbelter Jung?”

 

“What? *burp* What do you mean?” I retorted.

 

“Eww… You’re disgusting!” He said, pertaining to what I just did in front of him. “I mean… with all these recent interactions with Suzy, does this mean that you’re moving on from your secret crush to Soojung?”

 

“Oh, that. No… I still like her. I really, really like her. It’s not that easy to stop liking her especially now that I somehow got a little bit closer to her than before.” I replied with dreamy eyes as I thought of her. “I just look at her from afar before. Now that I’m having the opportunity to stand closer to her, even just for a while, that short moment never fails to make me happier.”

 

“Eeehhh! You. Are. So. Cheesy! So… when are you going to confess?”

 

“I… I don’t know yet Key. I don’t know. I don’t want to spoil things yet. But I’m glad that at least, for now, we’re friends.” I answered.

 

“You are such a hopeless romantic. Now get out of my sight and go to the lounge. Have a power nap. I already finished checking our inventory earlier.” Key said as he pushed me to the side of the cash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter