K.O. 16

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s okay.” Amber assured. “What are you doing here by the way?”

 

“Uhm… Well…” Slowly, Soojung walked towards the tomboy. The latter couldn’t stop her heart from doing sprints as the younger girl gets nearer. “I just want to give this,” the younger girl said as she handed Amber a paperbag. “Happy birthday!”

 

Slightly shocked with the fact that she just received a birthday gift from her crush, she stuttered, managing to say a simple “thank you,” with struggle. Surprisingly, that caused the younger girl to giggle.

 

And that giggle caused Amber to lose it… and fell on her bum.

 

Soojung used giggle… and it’s super effective!

 

Amber received critical damage.


 

That smile and giggle could really kill.


 

----------------------------

 

“Unnie! Are you okay?” Soojung asked as she approached the older girl who’s sitting on the pavement. Unfortunately, their proximity only caused Amber’s heartbeat to go fast, and then faster as she was already able to inhale the girl’s scent.

 

“Sweet peach…” Amber sighed inaudibly.

 

“What?” Soojung asked as she faintly heard Amber said something.

 

“W-what?” Amber retorted as she unknowingly stared back at the younger girl in front of her.

The two locked their gazes with each other, and just like in the movies, Amber unconsciously gulped as she caught sight of  Soojung’s lips. Her nose was clouded with the latter’s scent. She’s starting to get dizzy as well, as her heart kept on beating fast, as if she just did a sprint.

 

Amber was near to fainting when, out of the blue, the younger girl erupted into a laughter.

 

“Hahaha! Unnie, you eat like a baby,” she stated. Soojung then opened her sling bag and pulled out a few sheets of tissue. She then proceeded to wipe the tomboy’s chin and showed to her a small piece of green onion which is now on the tissue. The blushed cheeks of Amber now turned into a darker shade out of embarrassment.

 

“Aish… This is embarrassing.” Amber hissed.

 

“It’s okay, unnie.” Soojung said as she stood up and threw the tissue on the trash bin nearby. Amber took this chance to help herself to stand up.

 

Amber was already patting away the dirt on her bum when Soojung came back. Not knowing where she got the courage, a suggestion suddenly rolled out of her tongue. “Would you like to walk around for a while? With me?”

 

Clearly surprised at first of the invitation, the other girl quickly recovered and graced a small smile on her face before answering, “I’d love to.”

 

---------------------------------------

 

The walk wasn’t that really long but silence still filled the air. It was a comfortable silence, with small smiles were gracing their faces. Amber’s free hand was on her pocket, fidgeting, trying to fight the urge to hold someone’s hand. The other someone has her hands holding the strap of her sling bag. They soon found a playground on the next two blocks and decided to stop by and seat on the swings.

 

“Thanks for the gift by the way.” Amber said, breaking the silence.

 

“It’s actually a gift from me, unnie, and Yuri unnie.” Soojung explained. “Open it.”

 

“Oh, that’s why it’s big.” The tomboy joked as she pulled out the box from the paper bag.

 

“I hope you’d like it.”

 

As soon as Amber tore the gift wrapper, a very familiar logo greeted her.

 

“This is…” She started, before speeding up tearing the gift wrapper. In front of her is a box very familiar to her. She knew it very well, as she kept on dreaming about having that box and the thing inside of it ever since she saw it in one of Kris’ shoe cabinet. She dreamed of opening the box an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter