K.O. 8

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“As expected from Amber Liu, she knows her teammates very well. She knows if they'll be able to deliver very well, or not. It also seemed like she really studied their opponents very well,” one of the commentators said.

 

“You’re right there partner. I’m sure she and her teammates prepared very well for this season, surely aiming to finally get the championship,” the other commentator uttered.

 

“Yes. They almost hooked the champion spot, if only that jump shot, despite the awkward angle, came into the basket.”

 

“And looks like our captain Liu is giving her all to show in their first game that they still got the skills to get into the final round, this time, aiming for the number 1 spot in Seoul.”

 

“I agree with you, partner. It’s only the 3rd quarter of the game, but with the amounts of turnover the other team has committed, and the percentage of goals of SM High, it is already obvious that Daejeon High is a no match.”

 

“Oh, here goes Liu again with a steal. She passed the ball to Jongyeon. Jongyeon dribbling the ball… and threw it to the basket...”

 

“Wait. That’s Amber Liu charging towards the ball! Aaaaaand… it’s an easy 2 for Liu! Wow, she’s fast!”

 

“Wow! It’s only 3rd quarter but she’s already got a double-double, going for a triple-double.”

 

“Aaaand, 3rd quarter ended just like that, with SM High enjoying a 25-point lead over Daejeon High.”

 

“While both teams are having their talks, let me praise the team rapport of SM High's basketball team. You’ll see how loud the men’s team is cheering for their teammates.”

 

“I agree, partner. And oh, there’s also Krystal Jung with some students from SM High as well.”

 

“Wow! One of our representatives in the Olympics is showing her strong support to her schoolmates.”

 

------------------------------

 

Amber's POV

 

“Captain Liu didn’t even show a little bit of mercy to the opposing team and crushed them into pieces in the opening game.” Kris jokingly stated as he met up with Jooyoung, Jongyeon, and I. He was with Luna, Sulli, and Krystal.

 

I was so happy when I saw her sitting amongst the students in our school. It’s as if there’s this sudden surge of energy exploding from my body.

 

Kris then locked his arm around my neck and whispered, “Better thank Captain Liu's ‘energy drink' for her support,” before tapping my back twice while laughing.

 

“Yeah. It was a great game, and you literally crushed them.” Sulli commented. “We enjoyed watching you guys a lot, right Krys?” She mischievously asked the girl standing beside her.

 

I saw how she was surprised, as her friend asked her, suddenly turning her head towards her. “H-Huh? Y-yes. I mean, yeah, I enjoyed watching… the game.”

 

She’s cute when she stutters shyly like that.

 

I was about to thank her, but it before I could even open my mouth, one of our teammates yelled, “Cap, the bus is already leaving!”

 

“Oh, we’ll get going then,” Jooyoung said, saying bye to Luna, Sulli, Krystal, and Kris. “Let’s go Jeongyeon.”

 

I was contemplating on what to tell them, most specifically her. How do I tell them to come to the afterparty without sounding awkward?

 

“Why don’t you girls go with me, and let’s meet up with the team in Vic-noona's place? The team is going to have a dinner there. And you guys can eat, too… for free! No worries, Captain Liu will take care of you guys.” Kris invited them, sensing my dilemma. You really are the best, Kris.

 

“That sounds a great idea!” Luna exclaimed, agreeing to the idea, not letting her two friends to even say no. I’m not worried about Sulli, as it’s already evident from her eyes that she liked the idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter