K.O. 4

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Now this is the real update. Yay! Finally!!!

 

---------------------------------------

 

KO 4

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

“Why did you enroll there, when you already have so much going on on your plate?”

 

Shoot… How am I going to explain? Of course I cannot say that the reason I’m there is because of Krystal. Darn it, Am.

 

“Uhm… I-It’s because… u-uhm…”

 

 

I can already feel my palms getting sweaty, if I’m not overreacting, I can also feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead. The fact that I can feel all three of them, especially Krystal, are staring at me waiting for my answer doesn’t help.

 

Come on Amber… think. Oh God, please help me…

 

As if on cue, a voice suddenly answered for me.

 

“I think Amber joined for training purposes. Her reflexes and jumps improved, according to Coach Ha.”

 

“Omo, Joo Young! How long have you been there? We didn’t notice you.” It was Sulli, who asked my savior. It was Lee Joo Young, our basketball team’s shooting guard, and my batchmate. She is also a junior photographer in the school’s newspaper.

 

“Oh, I’ve been here since you guys entered, but you didn’t notice me as I was behind that big box,” she explained, pointing to the box.

 

“Why are you there?” It was Luna, who asked this time.

 

“Oh, because Editor-in-chief asked me to check if the prints delivered are complete. And since my job’s done here, I’ll go ahead,” she said as she put one strap of her backpack on her shoulder. And as she walked in front of me, the way she looked at me cannot be missed.

 

It’s a very meaningful stare saying, “You owe me, Am. I’ll be expecting a full-course meal for free soon.”

 

“Eherm… So is it true, Amber-sshi? About the reason you enrolled in the taekwondo class?” Luna asked once again.

 

“Uhh… Well, kind of.”

 

“Does that mean you’re looking down on taekwondo as a sport compared to basketball?”

 

“NO!” I answered hastily, causing the girl beside me to be startled a bit. “Eherm… I mean, no. It’s not like that. I mean… uhm… before taekwondo became recognized as a sport, it is at first a martial art, a discipline. And one way or another it teaches one, not only as a sport or how to defend oneself, but also self-discipline.”

 

“Well, that sounded like you’re also promoting taekwondo, which I think Soojung here likes.” Luna suggested.

 

Glancing at her, I saw how she smiled shyly before answering in a low tone, “Yeah… I’m not really into promotions and stuffs like that.”

 

“How about you, Soojung? What are your thoughts on basketball? Have you tried playing it once?”

 

“Well I have tried shooting a ball a couple of times.”

 

Is that a one point for me?

 

“From PE classes, I suppose?”

 

“That and a close sunbae of mine also taught me how.”

 

A “close” sunbae? Don’t tell me it’s that Minhyuk guy. Darn, I guess that point’s a miss, then.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter