K.O. 14

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AMBER’S POV

 

“Your grandma… She accidentally slipped on the road on the way to the market. You know her. There weren’t any head injuries, but she has a fractured hip. She has to undergo surgery.”

 

“W-What?!”

 

“I knew she would react that way.” I heard faintly from the background. It’s my grandma. “Give that phone.” I heard again before I heard the device being handed to her.

 

“Amber, my dear, grandma is okay. Lius are strong. It’s just that I’m already old so my bones are already fragile. The doc said I have to do a hip replacement surgery, but we were assured that since I’m tough as a horse, and that I’m healthy, the operation will be easy-peasy.”

 

“But still, you’re…”

 

“Don’t you dare continue that statement, Amber Liu. This grandma ain’t that old. I’m a youthful grandma!” She yelled from the other line. I can actually imagine her flexing her arms though she doesn’t have “guns” while saying that.

 

“Okay, I understand. But what about the expenses?” I asked. I know she has insurance and stuffs like that, but we can never be sure if we need to shell out some money.

 

“I have my own savings in the bank too, kid. It’s just sad that the money might be used for this. I’m actually planning to give that to you once you start your college.” She confessed

 

“Grandma, you don’t have to.” I retorted. She has to use that money for her to enjoy or use to improve her health but here she is, thinking of giving it to me for my college.

 

At the background, I also heard my father saying the same thing as I said. He then grabbed the phone from grandma and told her to just rest. I also heard how a nurse seemed to have entered the room and gave grandma her medications.

 

“Amber look, I did not call for you to worry too much and ask you to go here. I know how your mind runs, kid. I just want you to know not to worry especially now that won’t be able to celebrate your birthday with you this year.” Dad explained. “About the hospital bills…” He trailed. “I’ll find a way to get some money somehow.”

 

“Dad… I…” I stuttered, trying to find the right words to start what I’m going to tell him. “I had an offer…” and then I started telling him about the endorsement offer. He told me that it’s a good opportunity but it’s still up to me if I’m going to sign a contract. He said that it would indeed be better if I’ll be with someone who knows how things like these go. I then mentioned Yuri unnie to him, and he said that if I trust her enough, then it’s great if I’m going to have her as manager.

 

After my conversation with my father, I sent a message to Yuri unnie right away about my decision. Later that night, she e-mailed me a document, which turned out to be the same contract that Soojung and her unnie has as the talent-manager agreement. She told me that though they are sisters, it’d be better to put everything in paper. She then asked me to meet the following Saturday to discuss about the contract. She told me that she’d also be the one to contact Swoosh, and tell them that I’ve decided to sign the contract.

 

---------------------------------------

 

Author’s POV

 

“She finally realized what a big opportunity Swoosh’s offer is!” A tanned brunette exclaimed as she put down her phone on the table in front of her. She was with three other girls. One of them was Jessica. They were in the Jung’s residence to make a project, which was due the following week.

 

“Is that Amber?” The blonde girl asked.

 

“Yeah. She just told me that she’ll have me as her manager, and then sign the contract with Swoosh.” Yuri explained, to which the blonde only nodded. “Oh, I asked her to meet me on Saturday. Can you come with me so we can explain to her how these things work out? I mean, you’re acting as Soojung’s manager too and I only learned from you.”

 

“Tss… didn’t expect that you being nosy made you learn.”

 

“I’m a keen observer.” Yuri answered back with a wink.

 

“Yah! Can you guys stop flirting? We’re working on our project here. Just do that after this freaking project.” One of their groupmates said, earning her a cold glare from the blonde girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter