K.O. 13

Knocked Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s POV

“Dude! That’s a great opportunity. You will earn some cash with that. And if things get better, there will be more endorsements. More endorsements mean more money. More money means you won’t gave to take multiple part time jobs anymore.” Kris convinced me as soon as I mentioned to him what happened in the principal’s office. “And besides, they said that you’re going to have the photoshoot with Soojung right?” He asked, to which I nodded in response. “Then it’s another opportunity to be close to her. Come on, Am. Thinking twice isn’t even an option here.”

 

I talked to our coach regarding the matter and he said that as long as it won’t affect my studies and games, then it’s alright. I also asked Yuri unnie, since I know that she’s close to Sooyeon unnie, who is also Soojung’s manager. Of course I just can’t ask Sooyeon unnie directly. Every time she’s around, I always feel like someone is burning a hole at me just by staring. And everytime I look around, I always see her with those icy stares being thrown at me. Going back to Yuri unnie, she explained a lot of things to me, especially the bank accounts, taxes and contracts. She also said that if I want, she’ll be my manager and help me in making decisions for future endorsements. I told her humbly that I’m not expecting for a lot of “next times” but she said otherwise. “With that face of yours, and talent, I doubt that that will be the only time.”

 

At the convenience store, I also asked Key for advice, and he said the same thing – that it’s a great opportunity.

 

“But if you are really in doubt, why don’t you try it once? Why don’t you ask for a short-term contract? If you felt good about it, you can continue and extend the contract. If not, then you can just decline. At the end of the day, at least you tried if it suits you.” Key explained. “And if you liked it, OMG! You have to have a nice wardrobe and SNS page. Hire me if you need a stylist, ‘kay?”

 


----------------------------------

 

Soojung’s POV

 

I was looking at all the round pieces of dough I’ve cut so far and couldn’t help but smile with satisfaction. I still have to draw a basketball design on them and put them in the oven before I can finally say that I’m done. I then grabbed a toothpick and started drawing on the round dough. I was half way done when my sister decided to distract me.

 

“I’ve never seen you this focused in making biscuits. Why do you even have to make it look like a basketball?” She asked. As I was so focused in what I’m doing, I didn’t answer her. She soon found the answer by herself anyway. “Oh. It’s for that basketball player crush of yours.”

 

“Yah, unnie!” I shrieked, instantly halting designing the biscuit dough. For sure my face is now getting red, as I can feel the sudden rush of blood on my face and ears.

 

“What? Isn’t it true? You have a crush on her.” She teased.

 

“I-I don’t.”

 

“Yeah right. You don’t but you’re blushing and you’re making biscuits, obviously for her.”

 

“N-no! I mean… that’s not it. I-It’s just that…”

 

“Aigoo, Soojungie…” My sister cooed. “Ever since that time she helped you with your ankle, I noticed that you started stuttering and get extra shy every time Yuri mentions her name. It’s cute, you know. I haven’t seen you like this. I almost thought that your romantic side of personality is underdeveloped or worse, non-existing.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter