Should You Choose

Last Stop

“Sungjong what are you doing here?” Myungsoo asked.

                “What do you mean? I’m waiting for you so we could go to school together” Sungjong smiled.

                “Oh, okay” Myungsoo replied closing in the gate and they started walking.

                “I’m sorry the other day, I got angry and yelled at you” Sungjong tried to start a conversation. This was the first time that it was Sungjong who waited Myungsoo at the door step.

                “It’s nothing; I was the one at fault. Anyways everything will be fine after I leave” Myungsoo said without looking at his best friend.

                Sungjong could feel his irritation swelling up, “What do you mean everything will be fine after you leave?”

                “Well if I go away you’ll be able to…” Myungsoo stopped in his tracks as his face clouded.

                “Yoh! Morning you two!” Hoya greeted Myungsoo and Sungjong.

                “Good Morning” Sungjong said.

                “Morning” Myungsoo mumbled and nod his head in acknowledgement.

                “Oh by the way, I got tickets to that new movie you wanted to see” Hoya said.

                “Really? Where did you get the tickets?” Sungjong asked.

                “A friend at my part time work got dumped by his girl friend so he gave me the tickets” Hoya grinned.

                “Hyung you’re so mean” Sungjong laughed. Sungjong could feel the cold look on Myungsoo’s eyes.

                “Well I’d be a waste, what he said.”Hoya grinned while they were walking.

                “Really? That’d be cool, the three of us can go this Sunday. You’re free right Myungsoo?” Sungjong asked.

                “There’s only two tickets right? You two can go, besides I have a something on that day you two can just go” Myungsoo said as they turned to a corner of the street. The street to the right leads to their school but Myungsoo was walking towards the left.

                “Myungsoo, where are you going?” Sungjong called out.

                “I need to drop by somewhere.” Myungsoo waved them off and walked without looking back.

                “Wait! Myungsoo!”

                “Sungjong, we’ll be late if we don’t hurry. Let’s just talk to him during lunch time” Hoya grabs Sungjong’s arm when the latter tried to run after Myungsoo.

                “o-okay” Sungjong gently shakes off Hoya’s grip.

                Lunch time came, Hoya went to find Sungjong in his classroom but he was not there.

                “Hey, have you seen Sungjong?” he tapped the guy sitting near Sungjong’s desk.

                “I didn’t know where he went but as soon as the bell rang he walked out of here” the guy answered.

                “Ok. Thanks” Hoya glumly walked away.

                He sighed as his eyes scanned the hallways looking for the familiar face of either Myungsoo or Sungjong.

                “Myungsoo, can we talk?” Sungjong cornered him by the lobby.

                “What do you want this time?” Myungsoo kept on walking pass him. “I’m kinda busy”

                Sungjong could no longer hide his annoyance, he grab Myungsoo by the hand and led him at the empty music room. He took a deep breath and looked at his best friend.

                “Do you have something to tell me?”

                “What? I already told you everything” Myungsoo looked away. Whenever Myungsoo feels nervous he had this habit of biting his lips and rubbing the right side of his shoulder.

                “You know you can’t lie to me right?” Sungjong becomes bolder by the minute. “Myungsoo, look at me” his voice was more of a demand than pleading.

                His bestfriend stiffen and directly look at him. When their eyes met Myungsoo was quick to look away. “Nothing, I have nothing to say”

                “If you’re not hiding something then why are you avoiding us? You deliberately left us this morning and I know you don’t have anything on this weekend” Sungjong’s voice is firm.

                “You two are not the only friends I have” Myungsoo replied.

                “Right, then who are they?”

                “I don’t have to answer that. It was nothing to do with you!” Myungsoo snapped, “I’m so tired already. Hanging with you two I feel like a moron.  You always tell me to find friends on my own well I’m doing that now! Why are you stopping me? You’ve always wanted me to get my own life so you can get rid of me right?!”

                “Myungsoo what are you saying? Calm down!” Sungjong started to panic seeing Myungsoo was shaking.

                “Calm down? Hell I’m calm! I’ve been doing that all these years!” Myungsoo shouted as he held Sungjong’s wrist and pinning him on the wall.

                “Myungsoo, let go!” fear crept into Sungjong’s heart. He had never seen this side of Myungsoo. “Please, it hurts” his tears started to fall.

                Upon seeing Sungjong was crying Myungsoo seemed to have been doused by cold water. He let go of Sungjong’s wrists and when he saw his grip marks he backs away. “My god, what did I do? Sungjong I’m so sorry. God what did I do?!”

               Myungsoo seemed to have lost it. He saw Sungjong's wrist were red from where his grasp moment's ago.

               “Myung, it’s alright” Sungjong tried to touch his best friend but the latter push him away.

                “I’m so sorry, please. I’m so sorry” Myungsoo run out of the room leaving Sungjong alone.

 

 

 

......................................................................................IDEviant...................................................................................................

sometimes I wonder. 

do we really end up hurting the people we try to protect the most?