Separation

Last Stop

Chapter: Separation, to star anew Part I

A Year with him

“Hyung, let’s eat lunch” Hoya almost flinched out of his skin seeing Myungsoo standing like a towering threat outside his classroom door while holding two lunch boxes. Even though it’s been weeks since they started having lunch together, Hoya still unable to get that face to somehow look approachable to others.

“You... what the heck is with that face?!! You look like you’re going to kill someone!” Jeez. This guy never changed, he look like a thug waiting for someone to fight. Hoya thought and scratched his head.

“My bad” Myungsoo apologized, “But I brought lunch”

Euh? His ears are getting red? Is he? Hoya was surprised to see his friend like this, somehow he finds it amusing and interesting at the same time.

“Didn’t know you could cook something like this” Hoya said as they opened their lunch boxes. They sat outside under the shade of a tree at the back of their school. Most students choose to eat there since its cool and they could catch some sleep afterwards.

“I didn’t, Aunt and Sungjong did” Myungsoo said starting to eat his share. “Sungjong and I thought we should also make you one”

“Oh” Hoya replied as he took a bite out of the omelette.

“Of course, I helped too. I did the omelette” Myungsoo pointed out.

“What the heck did you do with the egg? It’s too sweet! I feel like my teeth are falling!” Hoya roared.

“Yeah, I put 3 scoops of sugar and then I mistook sugar again with salt and put another two.” Myungsoo said.

“So is that the reason why I’m the only one having omelette in our lunch boxes?” Hoya asked. “Wait who puts 3 scoops of sugar in their omelette?!! Are you trying to kill me?”

“Yeah I think that was a mistake too. I don’t like sweet things but Hyung does so I put it there” Myungsoo’s still managing the “I’m innocent” look on his face.

“Huh? Likes what? How… how did you know?” Hoya paused feeling embarrassed. The truth is, he did like sweet things but somehow others might think that it doesn’t fit his image so he tries to hide it. He even tried to hide it between Sungjong and this buffoon in front of him, so how did Myungsoo managed find out?

“Know what?” Myungsoo asked between bites of his kimchi. “That you like sweets?”

“Idiot! Lower your voice, someone might hear you!” Hoya whispered angrily.

“What’s wrong with liking them?” Myungsoo replied without hesitation. “You’re free to like whatever you want.”

Hoya didn’t know how to react, this has been the first time he did not feel the care to try and act cool. “Ye…Yeah, but it still too sweet”

Myungsoo suddenly snatched a piece of egg from Hoya’s lunch box and stuff it into his mouth, “It is sweet, too sweet. We should probably just throw them away Hyung.”

“Its fine, I’ll eat them. Just make sure to make ‘em great next time” Hoya said eating the rest of the egg.

“Copy that” Myungsoo replied.

Oh. Did he smile just now? He did right? This idiot can actually act like his age. Hoya thought as they finished their lunch.

“What’s this?” Hoya was surprised when Myungsoo handed him a bunch of candies after lunch.

“You like them, purple candies right? I always see you buying them. Sungjong happened to have some so I thought of giving some to you. This is for making you eat that omelette. “I’ll leave first hyung”

Hoya sat there under the shade of the tree, watching the small purple candies on his palm, “Idiot, you still gave me sweets.” Saying as he popped a candy in his mouth, “But I can like whatever I want right?”

End

The alarm had been ringing incessantly but Hoya did nothing to turn it off. “Seriously, to dream something like that at times like this.”

Hoya finally silenced the clock and crawled back to his bed intending to spend the few minutes of freedom. But moments later he was already brushing his teeth, getting ready for school.

“Man, I don’t even know what will happen. Should I say sorry again?” he mumbled while staring at himself on the mirror. “Idiot, Hoya. You’re probably gonna lose your friends now”

“Good morning hyung” Sungjong was smiling at him while waiting by the school gate.

“Yo..Yoh good morning.” The older boy almost felt idiotic thinking about negative things on the way to school. But Sungjong seemed to be able to act normally.

“Let’s go to the hospital together after school okay?” Sungjong said.

“But… you’re truly not mad about it?” Hoya was still hesitant.

“What’s there to be angry about? I thought we had that sorted out last night? Honestly, we’re just a bunch of idiots aren’t we?” Sungjong managed a small laugh.

“Well, birds of the same feathers flock together right?” Hoya felt glad he actually felt like crying that he was able to talk normally with Sungjong, more than anything he did not want to lose this friendship that’s as precious to him as anything else.

The younger boy sensing the sudden silence from his hyung suddenly gave Hoya a quick hug. “Hyung, is everything alright?”

“Yeah, everything’s fine now. Tomorrow’s the festival; let’s go, the three of us. Together.” Hoya smiled, “He got to treat us don’t you think?”

“Sure but on one condition” Sungjong looked at his hyung with a sincere smile on his face. For a split second Hoya wished he hadn’t been so careless with his words.

“Jeez, fine. I’ll do it” Hoya finally gave in.

“Then that’s settled. See you later”

However after school, Hoya found himself going to the hospital alone. “That kid, did he actually plan on doing this?”

Some time ago Hoya received a text message from Sungjong.

Hyung, sorry

There had been an accident and we have to fix our costumes.

The festival’s tomorrow and he have to finish this.

Please go ahead without me, I promise I’ll come as soon as we’re finish.

**

I’ll just wait for you then.

**

It’s okay hyung. Just go ahead.

**

Fine, don’t take too long.

**

Okay.

**

Hyung…?

**

What?!

**

You promised. ^_^

**

Fine. I’ll do it. -_-II

Whatever, I should probably take this as a chance anyway.

It was Myungsoo’s father who opened the door when Hoya arrived.

“Good afternoon sir, can I have a word with Myungsoo?”

“It’s alright, let him in.” Yunho said walking behind Jaejoong. “He’s asleep for now but he’ll probably wake up soon. Kiddo, I’ll leave that kid to you for now. I have another kid to take care of. Can you watch him for me?”

“Yunho, I’m fine. There’s still school for them tomorrow” Jaejoong said.

“It’s alright sir. I’ll keep an eye on him; you just got back from your flight I’m sure Myungsoo have been telling you to rest too.”

That probably hit the nail as Jaejoong finally gave in.

“I’ll be back early. Call me if there’s anything else” Yunho waved and ushered Myungsoo’s father out the door before the latter changes his mind.

Now that I think about it, Sungjong look a lot more like Myungsoo’s dad than he’s actual father. When I was a kid I thought Myungsoo was Sungjong’s dad*. Hoya’s thought slid by as he sat next to the sleeping Myungsoo.

“Idiot, wake up already” or I might just kiss you Hoya joking said. Unexpectedly, the patient must’ve heard him and slowly opened his eyes.

“Hyung?” Myungsoo looked at the person sitting beside him.

“Before your idiot mind think of anything else, Sungjong was caught up work at school so he’s late and made me come here first.” Hoya explained.

The younger boy said nothing trying to sit up on his bed.

“Could you not move so much?! Jeez, you’re in a freaking hospital try acting like a patient for once” Hoya said helping Myungsoo up.

“Ah, but I could act like this because I know hyung will help” Myungsoo calmly pursed his lips into a smile.

“Yeah, you’ve been a pain in the ” Hoya grinned. This idiot, I realized he’s actually been like this ever since, his words are always idiotically misleading.

“Hey hyung, do you like Sungjong?” Myungsoo suddenly asked.

“Of course I do, I like you too” Hoya smiled.

“It’s not like that” Myungsoo replied.

“I know what you mean, I’m just messin’ with yah” the smile had turned into a goofy grin as Hoya spoke.

“So you have someone you like?” the younger boy look at his hyung.

“I have someone I like” Hoya shook his head while sighing. “Though that person’s taken already”

“You also couldn’t confess huh?” the chuckle that came out from Myungsoo’s lips were faint but enough for Hoya to finally bring himself to stare directly at his best friend.

That laugh just now, and the look on the formers face felt so sad, “Classmate?” Myungsoo asked.

“Not telling” Hoya folded his arms on his chest teasing.

“Come on spill” Myungsoo’s mood seemed to have lightened yet it’s hard to tell from his expression.

“On one condition, you’re going to agree and say yes to my request”

            Myungsoo hesitated for a moment but nodded his head in agreement.

“No take backs.” Hoya said.

The other just shrugged his shoulders waiting for him to answer.

“Hmmm, let’s see. The one I like? The one I like, who should I choose. Ah!” Hoya’s face lit up, “Then I guess that leaves you.” *laughs

“Be serious hyung, the truth, you always joke around.” Myungsoo shook his head in disbelief but nonetheless was not surprised on how playful his hyung is .

“Hey! Hey! I’m a serious guy you know. I said I’ll answer, you did not asked whether to answer truthfully or not!” Hoya recounted.

A strong resounding laugh filled the hospital room. “Jeez, I should’ve known you were always like that hyung.”

Ah, shoot. I finally did it. I finally made him laugh. Just for me, that’s all I ever wanted. Hoya thought as he sat beside his best friend. I’m good now; time to hand you over to your real happiness.

“So about that promised agreement” Hoya began, “Tomorrow’s the festival, I want the three of us to be there. ‘Cause I clearly remember thinking that we’re going to forced you to treat us. So, you better buck up and bring lots of money”

“You’re not one to give on that easily huh? I thought you wanted to invite Sungjong” Myungsoo said.

“You know I’m really getting sorry for using the word “idiot” on you. And it’s not you I pity.” Hoya frustratingly held his head. “Just come tomorrow okay?”

“Yeah, but hyung… I”

“What is it?” hoya flipped his phone; it was a message from Sungjong.

“I plan to confess to the one I like, why don’t you try too” Myungsoo calmly said.

“Look at you giving advices and such, when did you grow up?” Hoya was surprised at Myungsoo’s decisive words, “By the way Sungjong sent a message saying he’s near. I’ll check if he’s at the lobby outside”

Myungsoo stared direct at Hoya, “Hyung, I have a request. Will you hear me out?”

“Just as long as it’s not murder or extortion” Hoya paused on his way to the door.

...

Sungjong softly knock on the door, moment later Hoya opened the door and let him in.

“How did things go?” the younger boy greeted Hoya with a smile.

“What do you expect from me?” Hoya happily grinned at Sungjong. “I’ll grab some coffee out, do you need something?

“Anything’s fine hyung.” Sungjong wanted to ask his hyung but he doesn’t want to rush anything.

Hoya lightly tap on Sungjong’s shoulder and whispered, “Thank you, I’m okay now.”

“Thanks too hyung”

“Hey! I’m only thanking Jong-yah okay?” Hoya joked looking at Myungsoo as he was leaving. “Be back later guys.”

Myungsoo watched as Sungjong waited for the door to close in on them. It has been so long since he can calmly control the beating of his heart while staring at his best friend.

“Hey” it was Myungsoo who spoke first.

“How are you feeling?” the younger boy asked taking the seat his hyung had previously sat in.

“Much better now, I’ve been feeling good since I woke this morning the doctor said I could go home this afternoon” This time there’s a small hint of playfulness in Myungsoo’s lips.

“Really? Then your guardian angel probably paid you a visit” Sungjong teased.

“Yeah, he sure did.”

“Euh?”Sungjong was surprised, in the past Myungsoo would always say he doesn’t need a guardian angel to take care of him but now the latter was gazing intently at him with a wide happy face. Myungsoo had this habit of making a small smile to answer to everything, for him to widely smile like this. It’s a rarity.

“Are you sure you’re fine? You’re not having a fever right?” Sungjong reaches out to touch Myungsoo’s forehead but their temperature seems to be normal… except that by each passing moment Sungjong could feel his own temperature going up from the way Myungsoo look at him. “Yah Kim Myungsoo, stop with the staring!”

“Hey, did you know the reason why you know a person is looking at you?” Myungsoo’s dimples were showing on both his cheeks. “It’s because you were looking too”

The younger boy by now was aware that his heart’s all racing like crazy and his face getting beet red. “Aish… what do you think you’re doing?”

“Kyeo” Myungsoo let out soft chuckles trying to contain his laughter as he see Sungjong getting redder by the minute.

“Aish! You! Of course I was looking! You’re the only I’ve been looking at since we were kids!”

This time it was Myungsoo who turned red. “Why… why did you say something like that?”

Sungjong was getting pissed now, “Huh? You dumb introvert, you’re the one who started it!”

“But I didn’t expect you to say things like that!”

“So what you won’t look at me now?” Sungjong retorted.

“I’m not saying that! How can I look at someone else? We’re the only ones inside the room!” Myungsoo said.

“You punk! Are you saying you will look at someone else when we’re not together huh?” Sungjong cracked his knuckles; he’s ready to beat the hell out of this person in front of him he doesn’t even care that Myungsoo’s a patient.

Sensing the danger Myungsoo tries to reason out. “Wait… that’s not what I mean” Myungsoo trying to back off remembering that Sungjong’s the scariest to person he knew when angry. How did we even, get to this situation again?

“Yah Kim Myungsoo, if you dare look at someone else I’m going to throw you off this window. Do I make myself clear?” Sungjong had his grip on Myungsoo’s collar; the younger’s face was so close to Myungsoo’s he could almost feel the former’s breath.

“Crystal” Myungsoo was getting uncomfortable by their position but before he loses his lead with their distance Sungjong lets him go.

“Good, I’ll see you tomorrow at school okay? I’ll meet you two at school tomorrow. Sungjong said as though nothing happened, “I still haven’t seen our costumes so I have to be early. This is hyung’s last school festival; we promised back then to make it memorable for him, didn’t we?”

“If I refuse I’ll get thrown out of the window right?” Myungsoo said.

“You bet on it” Sungjong replied.

When Yunho arrive at the hospital early that night he found that the patient was the one who was looking after his two friends who were sound asleep next to him.

"Looks like they're really tired huh?" Yunho commented.

"Yeah they had to come even though they're busy" Myungsoo said,

"Kid, did you tell them already?"

"I did not tell him yet" Myungsoo looked at the boy sleeeping beside him. " tomorrow, I will"

 

 

.......................<.^^_^^>.........................IDeviant................................

hi guys! first things first, I deeply apologize for the delay of of this chapter

.Last week, we suddenly had to travel to attend a funeral and when we got home I fell ill.

*sigh weak body and summer just don't get along very well, nosebleeds here and there T.T
Summer heat feels like an oven! Be careful guys!

Story fic-trivias:

1. Hoya's first love is actually his stepbrother Dongwoo, but sadly Dongwoo's getting married. there's more to this if you want to know you can ask me^^ (the story did not make it to the final cut)

2. Are there any Cassiopeias here? I'm sure you know the bitter sweet story of U-know and Jaejoong right? (in the story they're actually friends and roomates in college. They have feelings for each other but due to common circumstances they parted ways and met as neighbours years later and now are dads.)

3. * Can you guess why Sungjong seems to look like more Myungsoo's father than his own? i know you get it hehe right?