The One Who loves who

Last Stop

Sungjong froze, his eyes widen as he looked at Hoya. His lips opted to speak but there are no words coming out.

                “That day, I asked him jokingly if he liked you. The answer, somehow it didn’t surprise me. It hurt but then everything made sense.” Hoya walked unto the nearby and bench and flopped himself down. Sungjong followed and meekly settled himself beside his friend. “ Actually a girl confessed to him but he turned her down. When I asked him why he said, “ I like Sungjong the most. Just like a kid right?” hoya chuckled.

                “Then why did you confess to me?” Sungjong asked.

                “It was probably because I wanted something of his?” Hoya sighed trying to hide the sadness in his eyes, “but I think it’s more of that fear of being left alone. I don’t know maybe both, I know how much you value our friendship and I used that to keep you two away.”

                Sungjong said nothing.

                “The time he would only look at me was whenever I’m with you. I was never more than a friend” Hoya continued, “He only sees me as a rival. No one would ever think that someone like me would ever feel something for someone like him, even I was shocked. Why does it have to be him? Why can’t it be just somebody else?”

“Hyung…” Sungjong still wasn’t able to say anything to help.

                “I’m sorry” this time Sungjong saw tears in Hoya’s eyes.

                “I’m sorry hyung, all this time I didn’t realized you were the one hurting the most.” Sungjong said.

                “ I’m sorry I liked him” Hoya sadly smiled.

                “No hyung, you haven’t done anything wrong. No one has the right to judge who you love, please don’t think of it as a mistake. I’m the one who should be apologizing, I’ve probably hurt you many times but you still stayed by my side. I’m so sorry.” Sungjong’s tears had been falling incessantly.

                “You know, if your eyes could speak he would be begging for you to stop crying now” Hoya joked as he reached to his best friend for an embrace. “ Let’s stop with all the I’m sorry things or we’ll end up spending the whole night apologizing to each other.” Hoya said letting go.

“Actually, I’m probably half way on my second moving on” Hoya laughed but then he stared at Sungjong with a serious look on his face, “ Thank you, I thought you’re going to hate me if I told you the truth. I don’t want to lose my friends, but I don’t want to lie to them either.”

                It was almost midnight when Hoya walked Sungjong home. When the younger boy had gone in the house, he stood there by the gate and glanced at the two houses in front of him. There were no stars out tonight except for the one shining so brightly close to the full moon in the sky. Hoya took one last glance and walked away.

             

                   “but I would also be lying if I didn't say you're hard not to fall into"

           Hoya let out a deep sigh while smiling to himself, " I'm really am an idiot"