Childhood Memories

Last Stop

“When I grow up I wanted to be a chopstick!”

“Chopsticks?”

“Because Myungie said he likes chopsticks, so I’ll be the other one so it will be a pair!”

“If you were to choose between that girl and Sungjong who would it be?”

“I like Sungjong the most”

“Then why are you hurting him? He can’t do the things he liked because of you, I’m better suited to be with him, don’t you think?”

 “Why would Sungjong like a person as dull as you? You can’t even keep your promise!”

 

Myungsoo bolted upright from his bed, realizing he’s only dreaming he began to relax. The early morning light was streaming through the cracks by the curtains; he had woken up before his alarm could set off.

His phone rang, it wasn’t registered but he knew the number so well.

Sungjong was glad the door by the balcony was open for once, even though he wouldn’t mind using the window like he always do to go into Myungsoo’s room. He was happy to see his dad again and now he had the reason to face Myungsoo without being awkward.

He slipped in to the room but no one was there, he tried calling but no one answered. He figured out Myungsoo must have went downstairs and transferred on the couch to sleep again. Myungsoo’s bed was still unkept and Sungjong’s hand just somehow reach out and began fixing the bed. He felt a sudden jolt of sadness seeing a bottle of prescription by his best friend’s side table.

As he was fixing the bed Myungsoo came into the room from the shower. A towel wrapped around his waist while he was drying his hair with another. Sungjong froze at the sudden sight of Myungsoo, his face’s turning red as he looked away. “ I thought I’d wake you up after fixing the bed, anyways hurry up and get dressed we’re having breakfast”

“Morning. I’ll be right over” Sungjong didn’t get to see that smile for a long time he somehow felt relieved seeing it on Myungsoo. The atmosphere around the latter seemed to have changed.

“okay, hurry up so you can take your medicine” Sungjong said before leaving through the window.

I didn’t realized how much Myungsoo have grown up until today. I was a bit taller than him when we were kids. When did he suddenly grow up to be like that? Sungjong thought as he went downstairs in the kitchen.

From his room, Myungsoo could hear Yunho’s loud voice teasing his son and Sungjong’s shouts of protest. He then heard his name being called out by his uncle. He hastily put on his uniform, grabs his medicine and out of his window, into Sungjong’s room and descended into the kitchen.  Before that he reached again into his phone and sent in a message.

“Good morning uncle, morning auntie!” Myungsoo greeted, Yunho who was sitting by the table. “Sungjong, I sent a mail to hyung saying to meet us here instead of waiting at the usual place. If that’s okay”

“Sure why not” Sungjong said a bit surprised.

“Why don’t you tell him to hurry up so the five of us can eat breakfast together, Sungjong’s aunt said while dishing up bacon and eggs unto their plates.

“Sure”

Sungjong was helping her aunt finish cooking breakfast; Yunho was discussing the morning paper when Hoya arrived.

“It’s been awhile sir” Hoya greeted.

“Good too se you boy, how’s school?” Yunho asked.

“it’s fine, were busy preparing for the school festival next week.” Hoya asked

The five of them ate breakfast and chatted on trivial things. Yunho will be staying for four days before going back to his work again.

“We’ll be off then” Sungjong said by the door. Hoya left first after breakfast because of his duty at the school festival.

“Did you take your medicine already?” Sungjong asked while they were walking to school.

“Yes I did” Myungsoo replied, “How can I possibly forget when you left a death threat on my side table.”

Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo, “Look at you, you’re going to live by yourself when you can’t even fixed your tie?” sighing as he reached out and started to fix Myungsoo’s uniform. “How can I possibly let you go like this, I can’t let you go like this, don’t you agree?”

There were smiles playing on Sungjong’s lips as the other eagerly looks at him but before Myungsoo could say anything, some of Sungjong’s classmate saw and called out the younger boy.

“See you later okay?” Sungjong said before running ahead.

Myungsoo felt his heart suddenly beating fast. He frantically searched his bag and took out his medicine, pop a pill in his mouth and stood still for a minute.

“What he did is practically a crime right?” Myungsoo scoffed and closed his eyes, “ Jong-yah don’t say things like that, it really makes me want to stay.

 

 

..................................................................IDeviant..............................................