008 - The Past 2

Silent Sorrows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

008

The Past 2

 

 

Author’s POV

            A couple was seen standing in front of a two-storey house in a peaceful residential area, noiselessly staring at the house. They remained like that for a few minutes until the girl finally decided to talk. She turned to her side, looking at the handsome guy next to her. He was still staring at the house in amazement, didn’t even realize that the girl was strangely eyeing him.

“Until when are we gonna stand here Myungsoo?” She asked, honestly curious.

“Woah Jiyeon, your house is big, and beautiful just like you.” The guy exclaimed while foolishly smiling at the girl.

“Are you seriously comparing me with a house? Besides, it’s a normal house. I wonder if you’re an alien…”

“Heeee should we go in now?” Myungsoo excitedly asked.

“Thank god finally. Let’s go.” Jiyeon just rolled her eyes before making her way through the gate while Myungsoo closely tailed behind.

They were having an extra class at school today and it finished just an hour before dinner. Myungsoo kept bugging Jiyeon about having dinner together but she insisted to eat at home because her mom promised to cook her favorite food for dinner. After explaining to Myungsoo that she really has to eat at home, he finally stopped insisting but he seemed quite upset so Jiyeon ended up offering him to follow her back. Of course, being a Myungsoo, he quickly and excitedly accepted the offer. It had been almost two months since they began dating, and it’s the first time Jiyeon brought him back home so it would be a lie if she wasn’t nervous about showing her boyfriend to her parents but it didn’t seem like a concern to Myungsoo, he was just excited.

“Mom, dad, I’m home!” Jiyeon called once she entered the house.

“We’re home!” Myungsoo suddenly copied, making Jiyeon turned around and anxiously frowned at him, “Why? I’ve always wanna try doing that.” He innocently shrugged.

“Do it at your home, not mine!” Jiyeon scolded.

“Yeah I hope I can do it at my home too.”

“Jiyeon-ah you’re finally home!” A cheerful voice greeted, “Omo, who’s this?”

“My baby is finally back from school?” A friendly looking middle-aged man then appeared with a fatherly smile, which quickly faded away once he noticed a smiley boy next to his baby girl, “Who’s this?” He asked the same question as his wife did.

“This is my fr—”

“I’m your lovely daughter’s boyfriend.” Myungsoo confidently introduced himself before Jiyeon could do so.

There was an awkward silence filling the air for a while as Jiyeon’s parents were stunned by Myungsoo’s sudden confession. But the silence was broken by the father’s voice, “Oh I see.” He smiled, patting Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Omo Jiyeonnie you got yourself a very good-looking boyfriend.” Jiyeon’s mother then cupped Myungsoo’s face, praising him. Jiyeon only curled a sheepish smile, rather surprised by her parents’ warm welcome because she never actually brought a guy home and introduced him as her boyfriend.

“Jagiya, we should have dinner now. The kids must be starving.”

“Alright. Let’s go kids.” Her mother then pulled Myungsoo to the kitchen while Jiyeon only tailed behind with a pout because her parents seemed to have forgotten about their real child.

At the dining table, they happily ate the delicious food prepared by Jiyeon’s mom. Myungsoo was getting along with her parents real fast that Jiyeon herself wasn’t really surprised considering he could even made the cold ice queen accepted him just two weeks into their meeting. During the dinner time, Jiyeon took a glance at Myungsoo next to her from time to time, couldn’t help but to check his expression. He seemed to really enjoy the food. He thanked her parents whenever they put side dishes or anything into his bowl, and he smiled at everything they said. But towards the end of their dinner, he silently finished his food.

“I’m done. Give me your dishes yeobo, I’ll wash it for you.” The wife said, collecting all the empty plates.

“It’s okay I’ll carry them to the sink for you. I’ll help you wash them.” Jiyeon’s dad then told.

Myungsoo didn’t blink as he watched them while his mouth was busy chewing the foods, but Jiyeon’s voice surprised him, “Don’t mind them. They had always acted all lovey-dovey like that.”

“That’s great. I think they’re cute. I can help you washing dishes too once we’re married.” Myungsoo brightly grinned at Jiyeon at the thought of them getting married.

“Yes, keep dreaming.” Jiyeon stuck out her tongue, teasing Myungsoo.

He only smiled bitterly before focusing back in finishing his food, and the same goes with Jiyeon. She secretly took a glance at Myungsoo again and he seemed less happy than he was just now. She thought she saw wrong, but she actually saw his teary eyes. She immediately poured cold water into a glass and handed it to Myungsoo. He confusedly looked at her as she suddenly shoved a glass of water.

“Drink it. You must have bit the hot chili pepper mom usually threw into the soup. It’s okay, I’ve experienced that a few times and it really hurts.” Jiyeon explained.

“Oh…” Myungsoo finally nodded understandingly, “You’re so dense, but cute at the same time. Thanks for the water by the way.” He then gently rubbed her head before taking the glass and drank the water.

“You guys are so cute you know.” Myungsoo almost spilled the water when Jiyeon’s parents suddenly appeared with a meaningful smile on their face. Jiyeon herself was surprised by their sudden appearance.

“Mom! Dad! Myungsoo almost choked on the water.”

“I’m okay. Don’t worry.” Myungsoo denied.

 

            Jiyeon ran down the stairs after putting her stuffs into the room, worried that her parents would say something weird to Myungsoo. But once she reached downstairs, her parents were nowhere to be seen. She only caught Myungsoo standing in the family area, looking at the framed photos on the wall. He seemed to be immersed in looking at the pictures to notice Jiyeon was already next to him. She looked at him and the usually smiley Myungsoo seemed sad as his eyes fixed on the family photo in the middle.

“The photo was taken when I was fifteen.” Jiyeon told, pointing at the family photo.

Myungsoo finally shifted his focus to Jiyeon next to him and curled a somehow sad smile, “You’re already beautiful since you’re a child. You seemed to be very smart too. I’m so proud of you.” He said while softly Jiyeon’s cheek.

Her face turned red and her heart began pounding uncontrollably, “Well… thank you.”

“I should be going now. Please thank your parents on my behalf. I’ll see you at school tomorrow okay. And don’t forget to sleep well tonight.”

“You too. Be careful on your way. Text me once you’re home.”

“Will do so. I’ll get going.”

Jiyeon escorted Myungsoo up till the gate and waved him goodbye there. She just stood there watching Myungsoo’s back until he disappeared from her sight, “He must be tired. I’ve never seen him looking as dispirit as he was just now.” Jiyeon mumbled to herself before she went back inside the house.

 

------------------------------------

 

 “Myungsoo, can you stop playing games and help me with this math problem?” Jiyeon told, annoyed because Myungsoo was just lying on her bed playing games on his phone.

“Which one?” Myungsoo asked without taking his eyes off the phone screen.

Jiyeon stood up and furiously took Myungsoo’s phone from his grip, “You followed me home saying that you wanna finish our homework together isn’t it? So let’s finish our homework now.” She bossed as she forced Myungsoo to wake up from her bed.

“But your bed is so comfy. Come lie down with me.” Myungsoo said before he grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist and pulled her. Slightly screaming, Jiyeon fell on the bed right into Myungsoo’s arm. Their faces were so close to each other. While Myungsoo was just naughtily smiling at her, Jiyeon was blushing like crazy.

“You look so cute with your cheeks reddening like that.” Myungsoo uttered, teasing Jiyeon.

“Let me go Myungsoo. We’ll be dead if my mom walked in and saw us like this.” Jiyeon said trying to get up.

But Myungsoo tightened the hug and pulled her even closer to him, “That’s better. Maybe she’ll let you marry me if she sees us like this.”

“Jiyeon, Myungsoo, I bring some snacks for you guys!” Her mom’s voice could be heard outside the door. Jiyeon quickly kicked and pushed Myungsoo away before she rolled down onto the floor like a pro. But still, she landed on the floor with a loud thudding sound that seemed quite painful. Once her mom opened the door carrying a tray with her, Jiyeon was already sitting on the floor pretending to read the book while Myungsoo was still on the bed lying on his side facing the door, “What’s that sound just now?” Jiyeon’s mom asked, curious.

“I dropped my book.” Jiyeon answered with a fake forced smile.

“Yah, your book is upside down.” Myungsoo told whilst gritting his teeth, making sure her mom wouldn’t hear him. As her mom was busy putting the snacks, Jiyeon quickly turned the book to the right sight and she could hear Myungsoo was giggling behind her.

“What is so funny, Myungsoo-yah?” Jiyeon’s mom asked, looking at Myungsoo with a motherly smile.

“I’m just so happy, to be able to be with Jiyeon and with you being so nice to me.” Myungsoo said with a bright smile on his face, “By the way, can I marry you daughter?”

Her mom burst into laughter upon hearing Myungsoo’s blunt question while Jiyeon looked at him with an unbelievably wide opened mouth, “Of course you can. No one match Jiyeon more than you.” To her surprise, her mother even agreed to Myungsoo’s question.

“Mom!” Jiyeon exclaimed.

“A mother always knows what, which, and who’s the best for her child. You should treat Myungsoo nicely. Losing him is like losing your other half.” Her mom’s words made Jiyeon turned speechless. With that, she left the two kids in the room.

Myungsoo then jumped off the bed before settling himself so close right next to Jiyeon, “You heard your mom right? Losing me is like losing your other half.” He repeated the words with a smugly smile on his face.

“She only said that to not hurt your pride since you asked so carelessly like that. Now keep silent while I solve this math problem.”

“Do you need my help?”

“I said keep silent.” Jiyeon gestured him to stay quiet.

Myungsoo only nodded as he pretended to zip his mouth shut. While Jiyeon was seriously solving the problem, he stared at her with such a loving smile as if he adored the girl in front of him so much. It looked as if honey was dripping down his eyes as he fixed his gaze on her pretty face, although cold and serious, still beautiful. Jiyeon eventually noticed how Myungsoo was staring at her. She put her pencil and turned her head facing Myungsoo, watching him back.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”Jiyeon curiously asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter