005

Silent Sorrows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

005

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

            Everyone was preparing for self-study but I had to rush out from my classroom. I ran passed the classes to the stairs and climbed up to the rooftop. Once I reached there, my eyes quickly caught Myungsoo lying down on the floor. I ran towards him and kneeled down next to him before urgently cupping his face. Myungsoo’s eyes stirred open to feel my touch. He then sat down facing me while smiling like a fool upon seeing his girlfriend.

“You took longer than I expected that I even fell asleep while waiting for you.” Myungsoo told.

“Are you crazy?! I thought you did something stupid. What the hell are you thinking sending me a text about not wanting to live longer because life is hard? My heart almost exploded when you said you’re on the rooftop. I thought you’re committing suicide.” I began complaining while lightly punching Myungsoo’s chest once.

“Awwhh you’re that scared of losing me?” Myungsoo shot his usual foolish smile.

“No. I’m just afraid that you’ll haunt this school if you become a ghost.” I simply answered and Myungsoo replied with a chuckle.

“Aren’t you gonna ask me if everything is okay?” Myungsoo then asked as he fixed his gaze to the blue sky.

“You seem okay though. If you have problem you should’ve talked to the counselor. Why are you burdening me? I had to run all the way up here during self-study session. I have a lot to study you know.”

“Am I a burden to you?” Myungsoo’s smile disappeared as he looked at me. Was I too harsh?

“Don’t get the wrong idea. It’s just that I can’t help you if you’re having a problem.” I defended myself.

“But you can help by supporting me, since you’re my girlfriend. Can I hug you now?”

“No! Let’s go back to the classroom now.”

“I don’t want to. I need a personal time. You stay here too, please.”

“I’m sorry but I’m going back to the classroom. You said a personal time didn’t you? See you later.” I stood up and simply walked away without turning back.

            I silently tailed behind as Myungsoo led to way to somewhere I didn’t even know, since I was unfamiliar with the place. My head hung low as I remembered the past, that one time I thought Myungsoo was trying to end his life because he was on the rooftop, “Am I a burden to you?” He once asked me that but I didn’t take that seriously, not at all. His father said his mother died a few months before he transferred school, but I never knew that although I was his girlfriend. Why? Because he told me nothing. Why does it felt like I was completely clueless although we were together back then, and I could still remember the way he always looked at me with his dreamy eyes, and I could still remember how betrayed I felt when he left, how hard I had it for losing him. We loved each other, but now that I think back, why does it feel like we were so distant back then?

“You’re not a burden to me, you never was.” I instinctively uttered and we both stopped walking.

He turned around and our eyes met and we stayed like that for a few seconds until he let out small chuckle, “What’s with that sullen face? I was just joking. Don’t worry.”

Did he just pretend to not hear what I said just now? Myungsoo placed both of his hands on my shoulders and lowered down his face to my level, looking straight into my eyes with a bright smile. He looked so sad and pained just now, how come he smiled like nothing happened now? The smile was so genuine that I couldn’t tell if he was faking it or not. He suddenly wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me to the road side before fetching a taxi for us.

“I’ll take you to a place I visited almost every week. Sometimes twice a week.” Myungsoo told once we boarded the taxi.

“Is it fun there?” I asked while watching him booking tickets to a place on his phone.

“Rather than fun… it’s actually beautiful and calming. By going there every week, it helps me clearing out my mind from all the useless thoughts.”

“Oh really? Sounds promising. I can’t wait!” He laughed as I exclaimed happily. That laugh… was it even real?

 

---

 

            We arrived at a place in less than an hour. Myungsoo led the way like before while I was still clueless about the place we were going. After a passing by a few blocks of building, I finally saw something that would obviously caught everyone’s eyes, one the places I thought of as soon as I heard London. In front of us, the infamous London Eye stood beautifully. I wowed in amazement upon seeing it. I followed Myungsoo to the left side of the London Eye and we queued for a while before it was finally our turn. Myungsoo scanned the tickets he pre-booked beforehand and went to our capsule. Myungsoo offered his hand to help me in and after a few minutes settling in, it finally moved.

“Wargh!” I shrieked as our capsule slightly shook.

Myungsoo who was sitting right in front of me lightly chuckled at my reaction, “We will be here for about 30 minutes. Will you be okay?”

“Of course. I’m not scared.” I said with a smugly smile, “Let’s take picture.” I took out my camera and took selfies of us. I went back to my seat and checked all the photos taken. I zoomed in Myungsoo in one of the photo, and I gotta admit that he had fantasy-like features. He was always this handsome, since high school too. I unknowingly giggled as I was reminded of how chaotic the school was when the news about us being a couple spread to the whole school.

“Why are you giggling out of sudden? That’s too creepy.” Myungsoo told.

“Nothing much. I just remembered something funny during high school.” I replied.

“Which funny things? The one where I need to run back and forth to the school clinic to get your sanitary pad?” He laughed after saying that, and I could feel my cheeks were getting hot.

 

“Crap! It wasn’t supposed to be today. Now I can’t go anywhere.”

Jiyeon was in the toilet for almost fifteen minutes already, complaining alone in the cubicle as she was unable to come out. She thought of texting her friends for help but she didn’t even bring along her phone that she was completely in lost right now. Jiyeon was murmuring in panic inside there when she finally heard footsteps.

“Who’s there? Can you help me?” Jiyeon called without wasting her time.

“Jiyeon? Finally found you!” She almost screamed upon hearing Myungsoo’s voice outside.

“Myungsoo?! Is that you? What are you doing inside female’s restroom?!” She scolded from inside the cubicle.

“The teacher had come in but you’re still not in the classroom so I sneaked out to look for you. I was worried that you actually lost your way.”

“Why would I? I’m a grown up girl.”

“You said you need help just now. What’s happening?” Myungsoo asked, and his voice was so clear as he was standing right outside the cubicle Jiyeon was in.

“Well I guess I have no choice. Well… there’s blood.” She shyly told.

“OMG did you hurt yourself?! Wait I’ll go get the doctor right now!” Once he yelled that, sound of someone running away was heard and Jiyeon could only sigh at his innocence. But in less than three minutes, someone was heard coming in again.

“Jiyeon-ah, the nurse didn’t seem to take me seriously. Can you walk? Let me help you go to the infirmary.” He said knocking the door.

“It’s not that, Myungsoo. I… I got my period.” She finally blurted it out.

There was a brief silence before Myungsoo finally talked, “Oh I see… What do I need to do now?” He awkwardly asked.

“Please get me a sanitary pad from the nurse.”

“Okay! Wait for me here." And she could hear Myungsoo running again.

 

That was quiet embarrassing, but I didn’t have any choice at that time. I was actually grateful that Myungsoo actually came to find me or else I might end up staying in the restroom until the school ended. I didn’t even remember that until he mentioned it just now. Did he remember everything?

 “Why are you blushing?” Myungsoo laughed again as he talked.

I cupped my face and pouted at him, “Out of all the memories, why do you have to remember the embarrassing one?”

“I remember everything, every single one of them.” He smiled.

I was just about to reply him when my phone suddenly rang. Chanyeol’s name was shown on the screen. It’s kinda surprising because he usually only texted me during the days I’d spent in London. I signaled Myungsoo to wait and answered the call first.

“Hello Chanyeol.”

“Baby! I miss you!” He yelled on the line.

“Hahaha me too. What’s the matter?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter