007 - The Past

Silent Sorrows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

007

The Past

 

Author’s POV

*Almost seven years ago*

            Jiyeon walked through the school gate on the first day of her senior year looking cold as ever. Most of the people that walked passed her were in group or in pair while she always preferred to be alone, and was even labeled as the ice queen of Jayu High School. She was checking the information board and to know which class she belonged to for the senior year, and of course it was class A just like she expected, or to be precise just like her parents expected.

“Oh wow! I did it!” When she was about to leave, someone suddenly yelled behind her. She turned around and saw a guy, taller than her, was looking at the list like he was about to cry.

“Excuse me. Are you done? I need to get through.” Jiyeon asked and with a surprised face, the guy nodded before he made way for Jiyeon.

“Can you believe it? I finally made it to the top class in my senior year.” She heard the same voice behind her, making her to halt her step and turned back around again.

This time, she took a good look at the guy’s face and let out an annoyed sigh, “Oh. The school’s craze, Kim Myungsoo.” Jiyeon thought once she recognized the bright guy.

“You’re in class A too right? Great! A very first friend I made.” Myungsoo suddenly declared which made Jiyeon frowned confusedly.

“We never even talk before. How can I suddenly be your friend?” Jiyeon finally talked, somehow irritated.

“But now you talk to me so technically we’re friends.” Myungsoo declared again.

“What? What kind of theory is that? Where’s the logic in that? Did you not—”

Before Jiyeon could say more, Myungsoo had already wrapped his arm around her shoulder and led her to the class. She tried to push him away but he gripped onto her so firmly. Once they entered the class, whispered filled the classroom as the school’s ice queen and the school’s dream guy were together, so close. Yes, Kim Myungsoo made Jiyeon sat in front of him before she could even decide where to sit and before she could run, all the tables were already occupied by other students so she was left without choice but to keep up with the weird guy she met at the hallway.

 

            Jiyeon was on her way to the cafeteria during the break but her face looked like she was about to eat someone alive, and it’s just the first day. She was obviously pissed, because she knew the senior year would not be the same as she imagine anymore. She imagined it to be as calm, simple, and brief as the sophomore and junior year so she could get through it quickly, but everything changed the moment she heard the voice behind her this morning.

“Can you stop bothering me? You’re too clingy and we’re not even close!” Jiyeon shouted at the guy who had been following her around. Once he stopped following her, she quickly walked away. Better. She thought.

“Arghh it hurts!” Myungsoo suddenly groaned painfully making Jiyeon turned around in a split second. He was seen squatting on the floor, holding his chest.

“What? Where is hurting? Are you okay?” Jiyeon ran back to him, worriedly checked on him.

“Pabo!” He brightly chuckled, “My heart is hurting, because you just broke it.”

“What the hell?! You can’t joke around about something like this you know.” She gave him a short lecture because she was actually genuinely worried.

Myungsoo replied her with another chuckle as he stood up and faced the angry Jiyeon, “You’re blushing. I wonder why.”

“I what? No I did not.” Jiyeon said as she cupped her face and rushed to the restroom. And she managed to catch another chuckle coming from Myungsoo as she left. She looked at herself in the mirror and she was indeed blushing, the first time in her life. She washed her face and wondered, what made her blushed? Guys approached her all the time, but none fluttered her and she never felt anything like she was right now, “Do I actually fall for him?” Jiyeon freaked out alone, couldn’t believe herself. After another few rounds of washing her face, she finally walked out from the restroom thinking about the cafeteria food.

“Do you actually fall for me?”

“Wargh!” Jiyeon flinched and shouted as she was surprised by the sudden voice right when she stepped out from the restroom.

“Relax! It’s just me.” Myungsoo told, trying to calm her down.

“Relax?! Why are you doing this to me? It’s the third time your voice was suddenly heard behind me. What are you? A creep?” She flipped out.

The ultimate ice queen of Yaju High school finally exploded because of the school idol Kim Myungsoo. The news spread all over the school in a very short time and it became a hot topic among the juniors and seniors. Jiyeon was lucky she had no time to care about such an unimportant thing like being gossiped by other students. But for Myungsoo, he wanted to milk the news as much as possible. The more people talked, the more he stuck around Jiyeon.

“What do you want from me actually Myungsoo?” It was the end of the first week and Jiyeon finally had it enough so he decided to ask Myungsoo while everyone left for lunch break.

“Nothing. What a weird question.” Myungsoo answered.

“I’m serious. Do you make a bet with your friends? Does it hurt your pride that I don’t take interest in all the craze about you like other girls did? Or are you just like those jerks who only want to get in my pants?”

“What the hell are you talking about? I have no ill intention of being close to you except that I really, genuinely like you.”

“Don’t try to be sweet boy. I know guys like you.” Jiyeon refused to believe.

“Guys like me? What am I like?” Myungsoo curiously asked.

“The one who use their pretty face to charm us girls, screw us when we are finally into you, and left us hanging once you got what you want. Guys like that. And you’re a school’s idol on top of that.” Jiyeon shrugged as she told Myungsoo what she actually thought about him.

“Does that explain what you’re a cold ice princess or whatever they call you, because you’re a prejudice freak? I can’t believe you actually think I am that kind of guy. I just like you, like seriously having an interest in you. And about that school’s idol thingy, I don’t even know why I was given that stupid title when I practically did nothing except for dozing off in class. I myself don’t understand all the craze about me. I’m not some kind of rich and spoiled brat who comes to school with the limo or stuff like that. I thought I finally found someone cool to hangout with, but you’re so not cool anymore.” He curled a bitter smile before he walked away leaving Jiyeon being speechless alone.

 

---

 

Jiyeon entered the class exactly one minute before the bell rings. She took a nervous glance towards her seat where Myungsoo was seemingly immersed in reading a textbook at his table. She carefully took a seat, turned around, and stuttered a bit as she talked, “Are you…. Are you—mad at me?”

Myungsoo slightly tilted up his head to look at her, actually quite lazily and then ignored her question before focusing back on the text book.

“Well, I’m—sorry.” She said, “About before.” She added as Myungsoo shot a judging gaze.

“I forgive you.” Myungsoo answered briefly. The conversation was supposed to go on but the teacher had come.

Jiyeon was seen scribbling something on a piece of people before she shoved it into Myungsoo’s hand, “My number.” She whispered.

“Park Jiyeon, no talking when the teacher is in the classroom.” The teacher suddenly addressed, making Jiyeon flinched.

“Yes. I’m sorry.” She quickly apologized and she could hear a scoff behind her, coming from Myungsoo who was holding his laughter. She wanted to scold him, but what’s the point of apologizing if she gotta ruin it again.

 

---------------------------------

 

*Phone ringing*

Jiyeon was on her way to sleep that night when her phone started ringing. She hesitated to answer as it was an unknown number, but she actually did expect someone to call her, “Hello,” She answered the call.

“Hi. It’s me, Myungsoo.” Exactly the person she expected.

“Oh hi. Why do you call?” Jiyeon asked, acting careless.

“Well, I guess it’s obviously because you gave me your number so what else could the reason be other than you want me to call you, right?” Jiyeon only smiled upon hearing Myungsoo’s witty answer.

“No. I just felt bad that’s why I gave you my number.” Jiyeon denied.

“Alright then. Whatever floats your boat. So… why aren’t you sleeping yet? Could it possibly be… you’re waiting for my call?” A small chuckle could be heard on the line.

“I was just about to sleep when you call. You’re so full of yourself.”

“Hey, I actually need to confess something.”

“Err… what is it?” Jiyeon nervously asked, wasn’t familiar with this kind of thing.

“When I said I like you, I really mean it. I’m quite lonely, and I do need a company.”

“Like a girlfriend? You’re a school’s idol. You could’ve easily found yourself a beautiful company.”

“But it’s you that I want. Don’t take it weirdly, what I really mean is that you’re the one that I’ve been wanting as a girlfriend because I like you, since the beginning of junior year.” He confessed.

“Wow that long already? Don’t be ridiculous. We only knew each other barely for a week, how could it have been a year?” Jiyeon laughed it off, couldn’t believe what she just heard.

“Well it’s true. I’ve been trying to make myself appear to you, but no matter how many times I approached you, I just seemed invisible in your eyes so I figured the only way to get your attention is to be classmate. I studied really hard and here we are. Isn’t that amazing?”

“Did you just compliment yourself?” Jiyeon chuckled, “I guess you don’t know that I don’t entertain boys and I ain’t have time to be in a relationship.”

“Of course, that’s why you’re an ice queen. But I won’t give up. I feel like only you can be the remedy to my lonelines

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter