006

Silent Sorrows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

006

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“Park Jiyeon, will you marry me?”

Jiyeon looked at Chanyeol in disbelieve as he stared straight into her eyes. She took a glance at the people around the restaurant and they were all giving her a sign to accept the proposal. Jiyeon smiled nervously before she grabbed Chanyeol’s arm, signaling him to stand up. Whispers could be heard around them as Chanyeol confusedly stood up followed by Jiyeon herself.

“Let’s discuss this at home.” Jiyeon curled a cold smile before she left him standing by the table alone.

Chanyeol looked around and bitterly smiled at everyone before he went to the cashier to settle the payment and finally left the restaurant too. He saw Jiyeon on her way to the car so he quickly chased after her and grabbed her wrist to stop her, “What’s the matter Jiyeon? Isn’t this what we’re aiming for this relationship? You’re not ready yet?” He asked, trying to be understanding.

“I’m sorry Chanyeol, but does this five years relationship really means something to you?” Jiyeon lifted up her face and looked at Chanyeol with teary eyes.

“Of course!” He assured but Jiyeon only shook her head as her tears kept falling down.

“You’re lying! If you really treasure this relationship, you wouldn’t have cheated behind me. You wouldn’t have cheated on me with my own friend!” She finally exploded, hitting Chanyeol’s chest while crying.

Chanyeol then grabbed Jiyeon’s wrists, stopping her, “What are you talking about?”

“Stop playing dumb Chanyeol!” Jiyeon pulled away from Chanyeol’s grip, “I saw you and Soomin twice. The first time I thought I saw wrong but for the second time, I knew there’s something going between you guys. Why did you do this to me Chanyeol? You knew what I went through before right? Why did you do this to me?” Jiyeon’s sob could be heard over the parking lot.

Chanyeol quickly pulled Jiyeon into his embrace, “I promise you, you’re the one that I really love, the one I care for. Yes I did wrong, but I can’t lose you. Please give me one more chance.” He begged.

“I tried giving you chance, but you didn’t look like you care about me when you ignore my calls when you’re with Soomin.” She broke the hug and wiped away the tears, “I can’t keep up with this anymore. I wanna go back home.”

“I’ll send you home.”

In the car along the way, there was a grave silence surrounding them. While Jiyeon was staring outside the window the whole time, holding her tears, Chanyeol was sighing non-stop still couldn’t believe what was happening to them. Once Chanyeol stopped the car at the parking lot, Jiyeon got off the car without wasting a second. Chanyeol too quickly ran after his girlfriend and grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

“Let me explain.” He told.

“What’s there to explain? Can you explain why you were hiding and running away when I bumped into Soomin at the market?” Jiyeon eyed Chanyeol suspiciously.

“Then can you explain why you were with Myungsoo at the market on that same day?” Chanyeol finally retorted.

“I wouldn’t have hid if I were to see you there Chanyeol, because I knew I weren’t cheating on you. You were running away because you knew perfectly well that you’ve done wrong!”

“Are you sure? So why didn’t you tell me that Myungsoo is your ex-boyfriend? You’re no better than I am. Why were you visiting him at his house? Why were you with Myungsoo in London when you’re supposed to be with your chief? I saw the photos on your table. You did worse that I have ever done Jiyeon!” Chanyeol enraged while Jiyeon’s tears had already fallen down.

“Looks like Soomin had told you everything, right? Yes, I was wrong for being too scared to tell you that he’s my ex-boyfriend. He has depression, Chanyeol. He tried killing himself twice, and that’s the reason I went to see your boss. I met him by incident in London, but I did go with my chief. I tried my best to not disappoint you. I came back from London earlier than I was supposed to and you’re the first person I looked for, but guess what made me feel so damn pathetic? It’s that I found my boyfriend with my own friend, ignoring my calls, and later came to me acting like nothing happened. Honestly, I was so happy when you proposed. But I lost trust on you the moment you ignored my calls when you’re with Soomin.” After saying that, Jiyeon turned around and ready to leave.

“Wait.” Chanyeol stopped her, “I love you Jiyeon. Soomin was just a close college junior that I used to have a crush on. It’s you that I really love.”

“A close college junior that you used to have a crush on… when you were in college, we were already together right? I wonder how long had you been lying to me Chanyeol. And that doesn’t change the fact that you’re cheating on me. Let’s break up. Goodbye.”

Before tears began running down her eyes again, Jiyeon finally left into the building and Chanyeol could only watched her until she disappeared from his sight. Once she entered her apartment, Jiyeon went straight to the bedroom and threw away her handbag before she buried her face into the pillow and cried her heart out. Her sobs filled the room. Her phone kept ringing and she could care less because she’s pretty sure it was Chanyeol calling. Her chest began feeling stuffy as she remembered all the good times they had together, how Chanyeol was the first person to be able to drive her sorrowful life after losing Myungsoo to a delightful one with his bright personality.

 

            It has been a year since Jiyeon graduated high school and in the period she managed to get herself into a Med School as she had always dreamed for. But her life felt so empty and never once in a year her day went without Myungsoo coming into her mind. Him leaving so suddenly just a few months before the high school ends, without notice at that had left Jiyeon in despair after all the promises and sweet things he told her. She tried to keep herself busy with her study but once she stopped, Myungsoo came into her mind right away.

“I need to inform the lecturer about my submission.”

Jiyeon told herself that night when she was on her way back home from college. She took out her phone and searched through the contacts. But she froze on the spot as she accidentally stopped at Myungsoo’s old contact number when she was scrolling down. Something urged her to call the number so she did although she knew it was useless. She had tried calling the number a few times before, but it was out of service. It was just that there’s still an ounce of hopes left so she kept trying, but she was always left disappointed in the end. She brought the phone closer to her ear, at the same time preparing herself to be disappointed again.

“Sorry. The number you’re calling is out of ser—”

Jiyeon ended the call rather furiously once she heard the automated voice. She stood there still as her tears were slowly falling down, ignoring the passerby who had only stared at her strangely. She tried holding her tears in, trying to remain calm. Without her knowing, a guy at coffee shop on her right was observing her every move since the beginning. Something about Jiyeon had attracted him. His eyes widened in surprise as he thought he saw teardrops just now.

“Why is she crying?” He muttered to herself.

Jiyeon slowly took off and the guy decided to follow her. But after a while, Jiyeon suddenly squatted down as she couldn’t hold her tears even longer, remembering Myungsoo’s smile. She was sobbing at the side and the people who passed by were only giving weird stares, except for the guy who’s been following her just now. He decided to approach Jiyeon and squatted down facing her. Jiyeon timidly lifted up her face upon noticing someone was in front of her. Her tears were still flowing down as her eyes were fixed on the smiling guy in front of her.

“What’s your name? I’m Chanyeol.” The guy introduced himself.

“Ji—Jiyeon.” Jiyeon answered in between sobs.

“Life’s hard, hm?” Chanyeol asked in the sweetest tone. Jiyeon only stared at him without answering. Chanyeol then reached out his hand and gently cupped Jiyeon’s small face, “You’re not alone. You’ll be fine.” He assured, and something about him actually made Jiyeon calmed down very quickly.

“Thank you…” Jiyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter