001

Silent Sorrows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

001

 

 

 

Author’s POV

            The sound of the knife smashing onto the cutting board echoed in the kitchen as Jiyeon was chopping some vegetables before throwing them into a pot on the stove. She was slowly humming, enjoying the cooking. Sometimes she was smiling as if something funny just flashed inside her mind. After finishing off in the kitchen, Jiyeon excitedly ran to her room and get herself prepared. She put on a pretty spring dress and simply did her makeup. Her black hair which was on the same level as her shoulders was left as it is. Right at that moment, as if the timing was planned, the bell door rang. She checked herself in the mirror once more before she cutely ran to the door.

“Hi baby!” The guy at the door smiled brightly as he spread his arms, signaling Jiyeon to come to him. There was a beautiful bouquet of red roses in his right grip.

Jiyeon flew into his arms and hugged him tightly, “I miss you so much Chanyeol!”

“Me too! It’s so hard being far from you. I’m happy that I finished my work so I can be here with you.” He said as he broke the hug, staring into Jiyeon’s eyes.

“I’m so grateful. I love you so much.” Jiyeon cupped Chanyeol’s face and she said that. She then gave him a quick peck on his lips, making him smiled naughtily.

“This is for you, my one and only Jiyeon.” He handed the roses to her and Jiyeon laughed upon hearing his cheesy line, but she accepted the roses eventually, “Happy 5th anniversary, Jiyeon.”

“Happy 5th anniversary too, Chanyeol.” She beamed before she brought the bouquet closer to her, smelling the fresh scent, “Come. I cooked something delicious for you.”

Jiyeon grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and led him to the dining table where some delicious looking foods were served. He wowed in amazement and took his seat with his eyes fixed on the foods. Jiyeon only chuckled at Chanyeol’s cute reaction while she filled Chanyeol’s plate with all these foods. Yes, it was their fifth year being a couple. It was five perfect years, where they overcame hard and happy times together. Chanyeol was nothing but a loving and caring boyfriend, with a sense of humor and also understanding. Jiyeon was full of tolerance and she was truly passionate about her love for Chanyeol. They treated each other seriously, and they even thought of marriage.

Chanyeol was two years older, and he was a sales executive in a telecommunication company while Jiyeon was a pharmacist. They barely had time for each other when they started working, unlike during their early meeting. However, the short amount of time to their meetings was not an obstacle because they still had time to call each other to talk about any little things and to express their care for each other.

“What letter is this?” Chanyeol asked as he threw himself on Jiyeon’s bed and saw a letter near the table lamp.

“An invitation to my high school class reunion.” Jiyeon answered while lying down next to Chanyeol, “Should I go?”

“Why not? Don’t you wanna meet your old friends? You should go.” Chanyeol encouraged her to go.

“I’m not sure yet. I’ll think about it.”

“Just go. If you’re lucky, you might even bump into your high school boyfriend.” He laughed as he joked about it.

Jiyeon wanted to laugh along, but she was incapable to, “I’m sleepy. Let’s sleep.” She told as she moved closer to Chanyeol.

“Wow, so this is how we celebrate our 5th anniversary?”

“Let’s go out after we wake up. Right now I just wanna cuddle up with you.”

“Everything for you, baby.”

Chanyeol let Jiyeon slept on his arm as he embraced her close to him. Jiyeon shut her eyes close, pretending to be sleeping. But the truth was she got bothered by Chanyeol’s words about high school boyfriend just now. If he knew what she went through two years before meeting him, he wouldn’t be uttering that so easily. If he knew how hard she had it in the past because of the high school boyfriend, he wouldn’t dare talking about it so carelessly. But he didn’t know, so he wasn’t wrong. Jiyeon forced herself to sleep and she eventually did fall asleep.

 

 

“I like you, Jiyeon. You’ll be my girlfriend, right?”

“Yah what are you doing? People are watching. It’s embarrassing!”

“It’s not embarrassing for me, as long as you accept me. Take me please, please?”

“Pabo. I accept you. Let’s head back to our class now.”

“Okay. But I wanna hold your hand.”

“Are you crazy? There are a lot of students and—”

Jiyeon was shut up by a brief but sudden peck on her lips. Some students were faintly squealing and some were whispering as they witnessed a brave act by the new couple. Jiyeon was stunned while his classmate, friend, or accurately now his boyfriend simply stood up and held her hand. He led her out from the cafeteria with a big smile on his face, proud, as if he was telling the whole world that the girl was his, and will forever be his.

 

 

Jiyeon stirred awake and she slightly grunted, refusing to wake up so that the dream would continue but it was already too late for that. She opened her eyes and saw Chanyeol was sitting on the bed while staring at her.

“Did you dream of me?” He lively asked.

“Hm? Why?” Jiyeon sleepily asked back.

“You were smiling in your sleep so I assume you’re dreaming about me since I’m your official source of happiness.” Chanyeol confidently explained which Jiyeon replied with a bitter smile because she remembered very clearly that the guy she was dreaming of just now wasn’t Chanyeol, but someone she thought she would never be reminded of again.

“Of course you’re my source of happiness.” Jiyeon agreed, somehow feeling guilty because she was dreaming of someone else, someone whom barely gave happiness compared to Chanyeol.

“You should gain your conscious quickly and get ready. We’re going to the mall.”

“Oh? So suddenly?”

“We need to go shopping for new clothes since we’re going to go to the reunion.”

“You’re coming along?”

“Of course. Don’t you wanna show off your handsome and perfect boyfriend to your friends?”

“I would love to! Wait for me outside and I’ll quickly get ready.”

 

---------------------------

 

            It’s finally the reunion day and last night Jiyeon’s phone was bombarded with calls and texts from her high school classmates, asking whether she was attending. Somehow she felt the excitement of meeting old friends because she once considered high school to be the most memorable period of her life, but also held painful memories of first love. Now that she had Chanyeol by her side, she never wanted to go back to the time when she had to endure the pain alone because she fell so deep. After she was done with her makeup, Jiyeon put on the dress she chose with Chanyeol before. She put her hair to the side and took her sling bag before making her way out in a pair of designer heels Chanyeol gave as her birthday present.

“Wow baby you look gorgeous. I can already imagine your friends praising your beauty.” Chanyeol complimented as soon as he saw Jiyeon.

“But you’re so striking yourself that I’m afraid the girls will hit on you.” She expressed as she looked at Chanyeol who was sophisticatedly dressed.

“Don’t worry. I have my eyes only for you. Now let’s go.” After assuring his worried girlfriend, Chanyeol opened the car door and let Jiyeon in.

           

The event was held at in a prestigious sky-view restaurant which was placed in a hotel. The event was also fully sponsored by who knows who so they absolutely have no worries to come to such place since all of them didn’t have to pay a penny. Jiyeon and Chanyeol headed to the elevator together but then Chanyeol had to excuse himself because he left his phone in the car so Jiyeon went up first. She arrived at the restaurant and was welcomed by two beautiful waitresses. From outside, she could already seen groups of people she once spent her youthful time with. A smile curled on her face as she went further inside.

“Park Jiyeon!” A girl called, gaining Jiyeon’s attention.

“Oh! Jieun-ah.” She ran to the girl and hugged her, “Hi guys.” Jiyeon greeted the other girls near Jieun.

“Wow Jiyeon. You’re probably the prettiest I’ve seen tonight.” Other girl praised making Jiyeon shyly laughed, “What are you doing now?” The girl then asked.

“I’m a pharmacist. What about you guys?” Jiyeon asked back.

“Whoa Jiyeon you’re a pharmacist now. Daebak! I’m a vocal trainer, Minji is a teacher, Sujeong is a nurse, and Soomin is a reporter.” Jieun answered on behalf of the others.

“All of you did great. By the way, I heard this event is sponsored. By who?” Jiyeon curiously asked as she looked around, smiling at her other ex-classmates around them.

“No idea.” Her friends shrugged.

“Jiyeon-ah.” Chanyeol finally appeared while smiling. He placed his arm around Jiyeon’s shoulders, making her slightly blushed since her friends were watching. “Hi girls. My name is Park Chanyeol, Jiyeon’s precious boyfriend.” The way he introduced himself gained laughter from the girls. He then shook hand with all of them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter