011

Silent Sorrows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

011

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

“The last day we met, I left to London with my stepfather and I endured the pain alone since then. It was hard, and I think you knew already that I had attempted suicide once while living there. But I think it will be okay from now on, because you’re here.”

I couldn’t believe what I just heard from Myungsoo. He told me everything now, and I couldn’t believe I was so ignorant back then. Jieun was right about everything, about him needing my support the most during that period, but I failed as a girlfriend. She was right. We could’ve given Myungsoo the support he needed but no one pay attention until he finally left. I felt bad blaming him for six whole years, saying he couldn’t keep the promise. But the painful truth was, I was the one who pushed him away and I didn’t have the slightest right to complain about anything, about being hurt alone for a year after he left, when he had to endure the pain for more than six years while I moved on just right with Chanyeol. Before I could realize, tears uncontrollably flowed down my cheeks. I was mad at myself for being selfish, for not having a little consideration for him back then.

“Don’t cry, Jiyeon-ah.” He said in the sweetest way, giving me a soft but assuring smile. He cupped my face and wiped away the tears with his thumbs.

“I’m so sorry Myungsoo…” I apologized while sobbing. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

I could feel him softly caressing my back, “Stop apologizing. I’m grateful enough that you come back to me. Thank you, sweetheart.”

Out of sudden, my heart began beating faster. It wasn’t because I was anxious or anything, but it’s because of his heart-fluttering way of saying ‘sweetheart’. Yes, he used to call me that back then, in the most loving way. I wonder how happy we would’ve lived together if I didn’t let him walk away.

“Stop thinking about the past Jiyeon,” He suddenly said as if he knew what I was thinking about, “Let’s begin a new chapter.”

“Yes. Let’s finish our chapter together. I promise to always be by your side from now on.” I brightly told, and he suddenly stared at me as if he had just achieved something great, “Why?” I confusedly asked.

“Nothing.” He smiled, shaking his head.

He smiled, but he looked so tired. I’ll finish our chapter with a happy ending so he wouldn’t have to suffer more.

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon stood straight in front of a building, letting out a small sigh as she emptily stared at the entrance. After a while, she finally walked through the entrance. Knowing her destination well, Jiyeon went straight to the upper level towards a room she had been to before. She knocked three times and waited until the door opened from inside, revealing a young woman.

“I’m sorry but what are you doing here?” The woman asked, rather arrogantly.

“I’m here to see Mr. Kim.” Jiyeon gave a clear answer.

“We will not entertain you unless you have an appointment scheduled.” The woman answered.

“What’s happening?” Jiyeon was just about to answer the woman when she heard a familiar voice behind her. She turned her head around and saw Chanyeol was standing there, “Jiyeon?” He said after realizing it was Jiyeon.

“Chanyeol?” Jiyeon mumbled, almost unheard.

“I’m sorry Chanyeol-ssi, she said she wanna see Mr. Kim but there’s no appointment scheduled.” The woman slightly bowed towards Chanyeol and apologized. Jiyeon just stared at her in disgust as her attitude changed in a split second when Chanyeol appeared.

“What’s the ruckus?” Someone suddenly appeared behind the woman, turned out to be Mr. Kim, Myungsoo’s stepfather. Chanyeol just bowed at the boss while the woman moved aside to give him way, “Oh, I know you. You’re Myungsoo’s high school friend, right? What’s your name again?” He asked, recognizing Jiyeon from their previous meeting.

Jiyeon slightly bowed down before introducing herself again, “I’m Park Jiyeon.”

“Ah yes, Park Jiyeon. What can I help you with?”

“I wish to have a word with you, CEO Kim.” She answered.

“Alright. Come in. Shiyoung, you can leave. Chanyeol, you can comeback later.” He then told the woman and Chanyeol before he went back into the room with Jiyeon following behind, “Please take a seat.”

After both of them settled on the couch, Jiyeon began talking, “For of all Mr. Kim, I wanna apologize for coming without making any appointment.”

“It’s okay. You must have your own reason doing that.” He curled a gentle smile and for a second, Jiyeon couldn’t believe that the man sitting in front of her was the one torturing Myungsoo because he looked totally normal.

“Yes. I beg you sir, please let Myungsoo go. He has suffered more than enough. Attempting to commit suicide twice shows he can barely survive living anymore. You have nothing to lose if you let him go now, sir. I really beg you.” Jiyeon didn’t waste more time and just went straight to the point.

The calmness on Mr. Kim’s face disappeared as he curled a smugly smirk, “So you heard everything from him, huh?”

“N—not everything. I don’t know exactly what you make him do.” Jiyeon’s voice trembled as the man in front of him was radiating such a scary aura now.

“I suggest you worry about yourself first, Miss Jiyeon. Myungsoo is severely broken that it’s pointless for you to worry about him. It’s normal for people to die.”

Jiyeon gritted her teeth, furious at how carelessly the man in front of her talked about someone’s life, “Yes! I know very well that it’s normal for people to die. I work in the hospital. I watch people dying, but it’s my job to prevent it or at least extend the lives of these people because everyone deserves to live their lives. Everyone is granted the rights to life and you cannot just take that right away from anyone, not even your own stepson only because you have the power.”

“Whoa, that’s some serious blow you gave me. But I still stand by my point. You’ll regret this someday, Miss Jiyeon. You’ll see how power holds everything while the ones without power can never go against it. Let’s end this here for now. Leave.”

The man simply stood up and walked towards his work table, leaving Jiyeon there. Didn’t know what to say, she just stood up too and left the room without looking back. She could feel anger growing within her as she kept recalling the words Myungsoo’s stepfather told her before. She was making her way to the escalator when she could feel a grip on her arm. Someone tugged her arm and stopped her from going. She turned back and saw Chanyeol was standing there slightly panting. Without saying anything, Jiyeon kept a straight face and attempted to leave anyway but Chanyeol’s grip on her arm was too firm. Not having any choice, Jiyeon finally talked without even looking at her ex-boyfriend.

“What do you want?” She asked coldly.

“Please at least look at me Jiyeon. It’s painful when you’re doing this to me.” Chanyeol begged.

Had been loving the guy for more than five years, it would be a lie if Jiyeon’s heart wasn’t moved at all hearing the voice she once longed for. She stayed silent, contemplating whether to just ignore him or to say something. She could feel Chanyeol slowly let go if his grip before he then went to stand facing her. This time, he grabbed both of Jiyeon’s hand and looked straight at her, searching for her eyes as she kept avoiding his gaze.

“Comeback to me Jiyeon. I can’t leave without you.” He talked again.

Jiyeon eventually stopped avoiding his eyes and now staring straight into them, “It’s over, Chanyeol. Just move on. If you could easily cheat on me with my own friend, surely you can easily move on too.”

“I was just fooling around with Soomin. It’s you that I really care, that I really love. I’ve left her and I swear I won’t meet her again. Let’s get back together, hmm?” Chanyeol sent the most sincere gaze.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter