002

Silent Sorrows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

002

 

 

Author’s POV

“Hello baby.”

“Hm Chanyeol-ah. Don’t forget we’ll be having lunch together today. I’m gonna wait in the hospital’s rooftop garden. I cooked a lot you know.”

“Oh crap! I forgot about that. I have a lunch appointment scheduled with a client.”

“Really? It’s fine. Let’s have lunch together later. Take care.”

“Take care too babe. I’ll miss you.”

“Me too. Goodbye!”

Jiyeon sighed as the call ended. She looked at the big lunch box she packed exclusively for them to eat together. She purposely woke up early just to cook them all but now she either has to share it with her colleagues or eat alone. She looked around and sighed as there’s no one there, probably had left to the canteen. Jiyeon took the bag of lunch box and headed outside the hospital’s pharmacy, making her way to the elevator.

“Are you going to eat these all by yourself?” Someone suddenly asked.

Jiyeon stopped walking, completely aware that the question was for her. She looked at her left and saw Myungsoo there leaning his back against the wall, smiling. Jiyeon quickly looked away, as she was reminded of the incident in his apartment a few days ago. She could still remember Myungsoo’s warm embrace. While shaking all the thoughts of her mind, Jiyeon quickly walked away and ignored Myungsoo.

“I’ll eat with you then.” She heard Myungsoo’s voice right behind her.

She wanted to refuse and tell him to leave, but her voice seemed to be stuck in . She was speechless until they were finally at the rooftop garden. The place was empty as people usually went straight to the canteen for lunch. Jiyeon settled on a bench and Myungsoo did the same, leaving a space in between them for the lunch box. Jiyeon secretly took a glance at Myungsoo’s face to check on his expression as she was unpacking the lunch. She lightly smiled upon seeing his bright excited face, like a kid who was waiting for his mom to unwrap Christmas present.

“Daebak!” He exclaimed seeing various foods Jiyeon packed, “Kimbap, rice balls, cherry tomatoes, egg rolls, sausages, shrimp tempuras, miso soup, and even beef.” He mumbled as he listed all the foods nicely arranged in the lunch boxes.

Jiyeon lightly smiled as Myungsoo had his eyes fixed on the foods with a very bright expression, “Here.” Jiyeon handed the chopsticks to Myungsoo.

“Thank you.” Myungsoo thanked as he happily received the chopstick, “Can I eat now?” He looked at Jiyeon with shining eyes.

“Huh? Yeah sure.” Once Jiyeon nodded, Myungsoo quickly stuffed an egg roll and a kimbap into his mouth.

“Delicious!” He exclaimed with his mouth filled with foods. He then took a rice ball and ate it deliciously.

Sometimes he would enthusiastically nod, gesturing to Jiyeon that the food tasted good. Jiyeon only ate slowly without saying anything, still having a strange lingering feeling about Myungsoo’s sudden appearance in her life after disappearing for six years. About ten minutes before lunch time ended, the lunch boxes were all cleared. Jiyeon quickly packed and attempted to leave but she was stopped by Myungsoo’s grip on her wrist.

“I need to go back to work now.” Jiyeon told, hoping that Myungsoo would let her go.

“Thanks for the food. I can’t even remember when was the last time I ate proper meals like this.” He said as he stood up and faced Jiyeon.

“You’re welcome. Now please excuse me.” Jiyeon attempted to leave again but this time Myungsoo blocked her with his body.

“When is your day off?” He asked.

“Why?” Jiyeon curiously asked back.

“When is it?” Myungsoo repeated his question.

“Every Tuesday.” Jiyeon briefly answered.

“It’s the day after tomorrow. Do me a favor. Come over every Tuesday during lunch and cook for me, starting from this coming Tuesday.”

“Why would I do that? I don’t have any reason to be cooking for you every Tuesday. I’d rather spend my precious time with Chanyeol.” Jiyeon refused.

“I’ll be waiting.” He said ignoring Jiyeon’s refusal. With a soft smile, he walked away and left Jiyeon being flustered alone.

“What’s with him? Argh I think I’m going crazy!”

 

---

 

            Myungsoo was heading out of the hospital after coming down from the rooftop garden. His appearance completed with his handsome face never failed to attract people’s eyes. As he passed by, the nurses, patients, and even doctors couldn’t help but to steal a glance at him. His expression however, was rather cold. His eyes were emptily focused on the way he’s going without caring about the people on his left or right and he walked in a consistent speed. He only stopped when his phone in the pocket suddenly vibrated, indicating a call was coming in. He took a deep breath and his hand slightly trembled as he slides to answer the call. He hesitantly brought the phone closer to his ear.

“H-hello.” He greeted.

“Where are you?” The husky voice on the line asked in a deep emotionless tone.

“I’m meeting a friend.” Myungsoo answered his question.

“I didn’t bring you back for you to meet your friend.”

“I know. Forgive me for being careless.” He quickly apologized.

“It’s not even surprising. You had always been such an ungrateful kid. Come over to my office. I want you to be here in thirty minutes.”

“I got it.”

The person on the line ended the call and Myungsoo took a deep breath a few times, trying to calm himself down. He fetched a taxi outside the hospital and quickly headed to the place. He told the taxi driver to stop in front of a restaurant near the company, paid him, and told him to keep the change. Myungsoo quickly turned around without looking as he was in a hurry and he ended up crashing onto someone, causing her phone to fall down onto the ground. He urgently apologized while taking her phone and gave it back to him, and he slightly startled upon seeing someone he knew.

“Oh! Myungsoo?” The girl said.

“Ah it’s you Soomin.” Myungsoo replied upon seeing his former classmate, Jiyeon’s circle of friend.

“Are you in rushed? Sorry for keeping you.” Soomin quickly apologized.

“Yes I’m so—” He was just about to excuse himself he heard a voice calling for Soomin.

“Soomin-ah, sorry to keep you waiting. Let’s go now.” Someone said as he came out from the restaurant. Myungsoo looked at him, strangely curious about the deep voice, “Uh? Myungsoo-ssi?” He said once he stopped right next to Soomin and saw Myungsoo in front of her.

“Chanyeol-ssi, right?” Myungsoo pretended to guess when he actually remembered the guy very clearly, Jiyeon’s boyfriend. He purposely eyed them suspiciously, shifting his gaze from Chanyeol to Soomin, and from Soomin to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol let out an awkward laughed as he noticed Myungsoo’s suspicious gaze, “Soomin is my junior from college and I met her again during the reunion party. What a coincidence right? The world is so small.”

“Yeah, I see. But I’m not really curious. I need to go now. See you.” Myungsoo then obliviously turned around to leave, but his gaze changed to a cold one as he walked away.

 

---

 

Ding Dong!

Jiyeon was standing in front of Myungsoo’s apartment holding a bag of lunch boxes with her. She had already pressed the bell for almost five times but there’s still no response at all. She sighed, getting tired of carrying the heavy foods while having to wait outside the house for someone she didn’t even know was at home or not. She thought of calling him, but then she realized she didn’t have his number. Jiyeon put the lunch boxes before she took out her phone, thinking of asking someone’s help. She called her friend Jieun, just in case she has Myungsoo’s contact number.

“Oh Jiyeon-ah!” She cheerfully said right when she answered the call. Jiyeon could clearly hear the voices of people singing in the background, probably her students.

“Hi Jieun. Are you busy?” Jiyeon began.

“Not really but if you wanted to have lunch with me then I have to reject you because I have other plan.” Jieun confidently answered.

Jiyeon chuckled as her friend had always be an assertive one, “Well, I have no intention of going out for lunch with you. I need your help. Last time during our reunion, did you get our friends’ contact numbers?”

“Yeah I did, some of them. Why? Whose number you need? Myungsoo?” Jieun asked, knowing exactly what her friend needed.

“Hahaha you got it right. What are you? A shaman?” Jiyeon joked.

“I just knew my friend really well,” She proudly laughed on the line, “But I didn’t get his number though. He’s too handsome and I was too shy to approach him. But why though? Wait! Don’t tell me you guys are going back together?!” Jieun excitedly fangirled.

“Nope! Never!” Jiyeon promptly denied, “I just have an unavoidable business to settle with him.” She quickly created an excuse.

“Hmm really? What a waste. You guys would look great together, like old times. But it’s okay, because your current boyfriend is such a hottie too. I’m so jealous of you. Anyways, I think Soomin asked for his number. I saw them talking. Try asking her.” Jieun suggested.

“Alright then. Thanks for the information, and sorry for taking your time. See you later, Jieun.”

“Eung~ good luck with whatever you’re doing. See you later. Bye!”

Jiyeon smiled as her furious heart was slightly calmed down by hearing Jieun’s cheerful voice. She then began looking for Soomin’s number and proceeded to call her. It took her some times to answer but she did pick up right when Jiyeon decided to end the call.

“Hello, Jiyeon. Why did you suddenly call me?” Soomin asked as soon as she answered.

“Are you in the middle of working? I’m sorry! I’ll call you later.” Jiyeon quickly apologized, considering ending the call but Soomin stopped her.

“No it’s okay! Hahaha why are you so agitated? I’m just asking. What can I help you with?”

“I’m seriously sorry though. I just wanna ask if you have Myungsoo’s number.” Jiyeon directly said her intention.

“Well I do have it. But why? Could it be…”

“No!” Jiyeon immediately denied even before Soomin could guess it, “It’s not like anything you’re thinking. I’m just supposed to meet him because of an unavoidable business but he wasn’t home. I wanna call him but I don’t even have his number.” Jiyeon sheepishly chuckled.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be your savior today. I’ll text you his number, but you owe me a lunch.”

“Alright. I’ll treat you a lunch next time. Thanks Soomin.”

“You’re welcomed. See you!”

Just a few seconds after the call ended, Jiyeon received the number from Soomin. Without wasting any time, she quickly dialed the number. At first it was ringing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter