Finally, I Met Her

Sorry, I Regret

Hanbin fixed his white shirt. He had tried to apply for a job in one of the biggest corporation in South Korea, Yg Corporation.

Finally, after a few days of waiting, he received an announcement that he passed the administration test.

And now, he’ll go to YG Corporation Building to take a writing test and interview test.

It’s still 30 minutes earlier when Hanbin arrived in YG Corporation Building. He managed to arrive earlier because he didn’t want any bad things happened if he was late.

Hanbin walked through the building with a flutter heart. He’s nervous as hell, but he knew that he must be confident.

From the other side, a girl was walking fast with so many documents in her hands. Looked like she didn’t see Hanbin walked and then they bumped in to each other.

Her documents were all scattered on the floor. And she immediately crouched to pick all of her documents.

Hanbin helped her. Even though he didn’t know who the hell this girl is, and why they bumped on each other, he decided to just help the girl. He knew that this girl was in a hurry, so that’s why she walked fast and accidentaly bumped to him.

“Here.” Said Hanbin. The girl picked the documents, and she was going to say thank you when she realized that she knew him.

Hanbin widened his eyes. He couldn’t believe that finally he was able to meet her.

After 5 long damn years.

He met her in YG Corporation Building.

She didn’t change that much.

Surely, she got prettier and more mature.

“You…” hummed her. After they were staring at each other, the girl, who was Lee Hayi, excused herself.

But Hanbin held her hands.

He didn’t want to let her go.

Not after their first meeting from a very long time separation

Hayi looked at her hands that were being held by Hanbin with a disgusted face.

“Could you please release my hands? I’m in a hurry.” asked her coldly. Hanbin stayed silent for a while, then released her hands.

While Hayi walked, really shocked about her encounter with his ex, Hanbin said some words that made her heart suddenly stopped beating for a while.

“I’m back, Hayi-ah. I’m coming back.”

***

Hanbin sipped his coffee slowly, while Jiwon, sat across from him with a mocking face.

Finally, after a long process of interview and writing test, Hanbin was accepted as one of the junior architect in the corporation.

He then invited Jiwon, his closest friend in his ganks, to join him drinking coffee in Starbucks. To celebrate his success and also to tell Jiwon about his unexpectedly meeting with someone.

“I met her this morning.” Said Hanbin. Jiwon smiled, kept his laughter at his friend’s lovelife struggles.

“How’s she?” asked Jiwon. Hanbin smiled, remembered his first impression this morning about Hayi.

“Nothing much. She lost weight, which made her looked more beautiful and also mature.” Said Hanbin. Jiwon nodded and stayed silent, he let Hanbin continued his stories.

“We bumped into each other, because she didn’t see me while walked fast. At first, I didn’t know that she was Lee Hayi"

"And then when I helped her collecting her documents and gave it to her, I realized it was her. And she also realized that it was me. We stared for a long time. I bet that she was shocked to encounter me in that kind of situation.” Explained Hanbin.

“Well, you also got some new elegant styles on you. How did you learn that??” asked Jiwon. Hanbin chuckled and took a sip of his coffee.

“U.S. taught me many things about way to dress, dude.” Said Hanbin. Jiwon just shrugged and told Hanbin to continue his stories.

“Then, being cold as always, she excused herself."

"But yeah, I didn’t let her. At least not in our first meeting after a long time of separation. So I held her hands.” Said Hanbin

“But she looked like in a really really hurry situation, so I let go of her, immediately.” Said Hanbin looked a little bit disappointed.

Jiwon smiled softly.

“I suddenly remembered what you said before going to U.S.” said Jiwon. Hanbin thought for a while, what exactly had he said before going to U.S.

*Flashback*

Jiwon helped his friend packing his clothes. He was happy, but sad at the same time.

He was happy that his friend, his damn, ing friend got a scholarship to study architecture in U.S.

But he was also sad. Sad for him. Sad because he didn’t have a chance to fix the things up between him and his ex.

“Finished.” Said Hanbin with a smile. Jiwon looked at him, worried about him, and his problems.

“At least say one or two words to Hayi, dude. You were with her for a ing 2 years. I know exactly how you feel right now.” Said Jiwon. Hanbin stayed silent, and then exhaled his breath.

“Right now, we are really really in a much too farrrr distance. Impossible for me to talk to her, talked for the last time, I guessed?? Well it’s very impossible.” said Hanbin with a gloomy smile. Jiwon patted his shoulder sympathically.

“I’ll be here if you need any help.” Said Jiwon reassurely. Hanbin smiled softly at his kindness.

“Don’t worry about me too much, Jiwon-ya.” Said Hanbin.

“If you worried about my lovelife, then don’t worry about it too much.”

“I believed, my true love will eventually meet me in the end. Whoever it is.”

“So does in this case. If Hayi is my true love, then I’ll surely reunite with her in the future.”

*End of Flashback*

“ So does that mean, that Hayi is your true love??” mocked Jiwon. Hanbin shyly smiled, then he took a sip of his coffee to hide his reddened cheeks.

“Whoopss whooppss, looks like someone is blushing for no reason?? Ahh no, of course it’s because Lee ing Hayi.” Mocked Jiwon.

“I’m not.” Said Hanbin.

“Eyy, it’s obvious you moron!” said Jiwon while throwing Hanbin with a straw. Hanbin chuckled and then smiled brightly.

“God only knows, dude. We don’t need to hurry, taking a damn conclusion. What’s for??” asked Hanbin. Jiwon nodded, he seemed agree with him.

“Do you need her contact??” asked Jiwon. Hanbin shooked his head and smiled.

“Don’t need it, for now. It would be much delight for me if I could get her contact from herself. Just from her.” Said Hanbin. Jiwon nodded then raised his motherfinger to Hanbin, gave him an encouragement.

***

The next day, Hanbin went to YG Corporation Building, to start his work. He joined the corporation’s project to build a minimalist house in Seoul.

Then for a pretty long hours, he started to make some designs.

After the exhausted work, finally it was a resting time. Hanbin then went to the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was so big. There are so many workers there, enjoying their meals with their friends.

Hanbin looked around, and spotted Hayi and her friend were chatting while eating in one of the table.

Hanbin smiled mischieviously, suddenly came to Hayi’s table and joined them.

“Hi guys.” Greeted him.

The girl who sat across Hayi smiled by Hanbin’s presence. While Hayi widened her eyes, not accepting the fact that Hanbin is sitting near her right now.

“I guess you’re a new worker. Who’s your name?” asked the girl kindly.

“Kim Hanbin. Nice to meet you.” Said Hanbin with a smile. Then he looked at Hayi who rolled her eyes on him.

“And nice to meet you too, agasshi.” Said Hanbin jokingly. Hayi flashed a murder look to Hanbin, then Hanbin chuckled at her reaction.

The girl looked at them with a wondered face.

“You two seemed like knew each other very well.” Said the girl.

“Of course, Hayi is my ex.” Said Hanbin confidently.

The girl was shocked at Hanbin’s statement while Hayi just touched her head while shooking it, felt a bit ashamed at Hanbin’s confidence.

“Your ex?? Wew man, you surely have a lot of guts to sit near your ing ex.” Said the girl, looked amused at Hanbin.

“Yeah, he’s insane.” Said Hayi. Then the girl introduced herself to Hanbin.

“I’m Lee soohyun. Hayi’s best friend at workplace.” Said soohyun.

Hanbin smiled, and they started chatting nonstop. Soohyun seemed very interested in Hanbin’s way of talking. He’s able to light up the atmosphere.

While Hayi looked bored at her bestfriend and her ex were talking to each other like an old friend.

“You know what, Soohyun-ssi, one day, when our class studied in a field, I burned a little stone with some matches until it felt really really hot.” Said Hanbin. Hayi widened her eyes, she knew this shameful story of her!

“Ya! Don’t you dare to tell her!” cried Hayi while Soohyun giggled

“Come on hanbin-ssi, spill it!” said Soohyun.

“Then I threw the stone in front of Hayi. She then looked at me with a questioning looked. And then I ordered her to give me back that stone.” Said Hanbin

“Ya! Kim Hanbin!”

“And you know what?? She shrieked because of the hotness of the stone, then accidentaly, she threw the stone to our….” Suddenly Hayi covered Hanbin’s mouth with her hands.

“Don’t you dare to say that story to….”

And Hanbin suddenly her hands, made Hayi shocked and released his mouth.

“YAA!! KIM HANBIINN!!”

“Then accidentaly, she threw the stone to our teacher. The teacher, shocked because of the hot stone, then fell into a small pool near the school garden.” Said hanbin continued the story while laughing so hard.

Soohyun then joined him laughing, and they were laughing maniacally at Hayi’s dumbness

Hayi stared at them with a murder look

“Ya! Kim Hanbin! How dare you!” cried Hayi. Hanbin chuckled at Hayi’s response.

“See? That’s why I love to .” Said Hanbin with a loving smile. Hayi flashed him an angry look, while Soohyun looked at them with an amused face.

“You two surely was an adorable couple, backthen.” Complimented her.

“Until now, for sure.” Teased Hanbin

“In your dream!” said Hayi while packed her things and left Soohyun and Hanbin there.

Soohyun then decided to join Hayi, but then bid a little farewell to Hanbin.

“Bye Hanbin. Gotta go to calm down the ice princess. It was really nice to meet you!” said Soohyun while followed Hayi.

Hanbin waved his hands at Soohyun then chuckled a little.

How he really missed his ice princess so damn much.