Flashback

Sorry, I Regret

For about 1 month, Hanbin and Hayi was avoiding each other.

Soohyun was really worried about her friends. She knew that Hanbin was hurt as well, hearing her statement.

But actually, Soohyun didn’t know why were they breaking up when they were actually loving each other very much.

Hayi looked into her meal blankly. She felt really empty these days, she didn’t know why.

“Hayi-aa.” Called Soohyun. Hayi looked in to Soohyun, asking her a what.

“Mm… May I know, why did you two break up?” asked Soohyun.

Hayi stayed silent for a while. Looking at her reaction, Soohyun then just decided to shrug it off.

“Nah it’s okay, I’m just asking. You don’t have to answer it.” Said Soohyun.

Hayi still remained quiet, then suddenly she broke into tears.

This is her first time crying, after her break up. She became colder and colder towards men.

But there she was, crying her heart out. Opened up her old wound.

*Flashback*

Everybody looked at Hanbin and Hayi with disbelief in their face.

Kim Hanbin? Is dating Lee Hayi??

Everyone knew that Hanbin is a pranky little ignorant boy. Meanwhile Hayi, is a cold, fierce, and serious girl.

How could it be??

“Jiwon how could it bee…!!” asked one of the classmate, Jennie, with disbelief in her face.

Jiwon just rolled his eyes while chuckled.

“Oh come on guys, at least they have 1 similarity.” Said Jiwon.

“Yeah, they were both dumb and crazy.” Said Chanwoo and all of the classmates were laughing at him.

So that was it. Hanbin and Hayi. One of so many couples in school.

Sometimes they act like a lover, but then they will act like North and South Korean when Hanbin started to do his prank to Hayi. Hayi then shrieked and will throw some rubbish to him.

They were a lovely couple. Some people admired them, but some were just jealous of their unique-romantic relationship.

They were judging Hayi as an attention seeker when she cried out of shock during Hanbin’s prank.

And they were also saying that it’s not fair because Hanbin is perfect and Hayi is a lucky fat log who got a chance to date Hanbin.

“I’m getting sick of this people who kept talking about me and Hanbin. Is it my fault to cry out?? Is it my fault to be yeah, a little fat?? Is it really my damn fault??” asked Hayi, frustrated. While her best friend, Lisa, was laughing so hard at her nagging.

“What a pathetic life that had got in to them.” Whined Hayi to Lisa

Lisa just chuckled at her while patting her shoulder.

“When your hands can’t stop their nasty mouth, at least use your hands to cover both of your ears.” Said Lisa softly.

Hayi then nodded and hugged Lisa happily.

She’s so lucky to have a perfect boyfriend and also an understanding best friend.

***

It’s been 2 years since they were starting to date.

Now it’s time for them to prepare for the university test.

And it also got into Hanbin and Hayi.

“Hayi-aa.” Called Hanbin. Hayi then looked at him.

Hanbin exhaled his breath.

“If these days I rarely reply your messages, or call you, please understand it. I am preparing for my university test. And it’s really nuisance.” Said Hanbin.

“Yeah me too.” Said Hayi.

“So… we both are out of phone for a few months, that’s it?” asked Hanbin. Hayi nodded in agreement.

“Yes. We must fully prepared for our future. Fighting!” said Hayi while Hanbin was ruffling her hair and kissed the tip of her head lovingly.

***

Finally, it was the announcement of the university test.

Hayi was looking into the announcement with a flutter heart.

And then suddenly, she jumped excitedly.

“WOHOOO!! HOLY JESUSS!!” cried her out. She was accepted in one of the biggest accountant school in Seoul.

Hayi then ran, looking for Hanbin to tell this excited news to him.

Then suddenly she stopped there.

In front of her, Hanbin was hugging Lisa, her best friend. They were hugging intimately.

The other students started whispering to each other when they saw Hayi was looking to her boyfie and her best friend’s skinship.

“Omo, she should have known that….” Said Jisoo, one of students

“Yeaa, she should have known that she’s ugly as compared to Lisa, yuck.” Said Jennie.

“Good to know that Hanbin had his choice perfectly in the end.” Said Rose.

Hayi knew it’s kinda childish to be jealous but…

She and Hanbin didn’t meet for about 5 months to prepare this

And Hanbin welcomed her with this.

Hanbin then released his hugged and saw Hayi was standing there, looking at him and Lisa with a completely blank face.

“Hayi-aa…” muttered Hanbin.

It’s broke. Her heart is broke, and it’s scattered into pieces.

No Hayi. No crying in school.

And then Hayi started to run away from Hanbin. Ran and ran, to the farthest place that she knew.

And without a doubt, Hanbin chased her. Chased her until he got her in a quiet beach.

Hayi was standing there. Her back was facing him.

Hanbin stayed silent for a while, looking to her back.

“Hayi-aa.” Called Hanbin. Hayi didn’t answer him. She remained quiet.

Hanbin then approached her.

“Hayi-aa, i…”

“Why must Lisa….” Muttered her. Hanbin looked at her, felt a slightly pain after hearingher cracking voice.

No, he didn’t mean it. Hayi needed to hear his explanation.

“Hayi-aa. It’s not like what you think.” Said Hanbin.

Hayi then kept quiet, let Hanbin explain what he wanted to.

Hanbin exhaled his breath.

“To be honest, during our test preparations, I received a lot of messages from Lisa. She supported me.”

“She did it like it was you.”

“And then she succeed to replace me?” asked Hayi sarcastically.

“It’s not like…”

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?? I’m your girl. I need to know about this!” cried Hayi.

“It’s because I promised I won’t disturb you. Whatever the reason it is. I did it.”

“I kept your promise Hayi-ya. i didn’t disturb you. Nor I cheated with another girl.”

“Even though she kept sending me messages, and I replied it back, my feelings for you were never change, Hayi-aa. I swear.”

“Then why did you two were hugging and I caught it. I caught it by myself!” Said Hayi, with a cracking voice.

“She’s happy, Hayi-aa. She’s happy that she was accepted by her favourite university.”

“And then when she saw me, she’s hugging me tightly, expressing her happiness.”

“And what kind of friend am I if I didn’t hug her back. I’m happy for her. I’m….”

PLAK!

Hayi slapped Hanbin’s cheeks. Her tears were flowing down.

She couldn’t take it anymore.

Hanbin touched his cheeks. Felt a little startled and furious.

He just explained the truth to hayi and then she didn’t believe in him??

“That should be me, Hanbin. That should be me that you were hugging!” cried Hayi.

Hayi then showed Hanbin her announcement and Hanbin felt a little shocked.

He had forgotten Hayi, who was also preparing this whole things up for the sake of her favourite university.

He should be there. Beside her, encouraging her while looking to the announcement.

And hugging her when the announcement said that she was accepted.

But his mind were too busy thinking about himself and Lisa, her girlfriend’s best friend, and the girl who always accompanied him these days.

“Got it now?” asked Hayi coldly.

“Hayi-aa….”

“And what about you? Did you accepted?” asked Hayi. Hanbin nodded slowly.

This happy news should be celebrated by him and Hayi.

But, here they are, arguing and complaining to each other.

For the first time, in 2 years of relationship. They were bickering, a big and tensed bickering.

Hayi smirked.

“Good then. It’s really a good timing for us to break up.” Said Hayi.

Hanbin widened his eyes. He didn’t believe Hayi said that they should break up.

“What the… what the are ya just saying…” yelled Hanbin with disbelief

But Hayi exhaled her breath, she’s hurt but she managed to deal with it.

“You were accepted by Harvard. It means in a few days, you’re gonna go to U.S.”

“I can’t stand a long distance relationship. Especially when I can’t put my believes in you, anymore.” Said Hayi.

Hanbin just remained speechless. he didn’t expect his destiny with Hayi will be like this.

“So, we should, no I mean, we MUST break up.” Said Hayi. Hanbin shooked his head, tried to touch Hayi’s face but Hayi pushed it.

“2 years anniversary. I knew, it’s really boring to be in a relationship with a girl like me.” Said hayi while chuckled. Hanbin shooked his head harder.

“That people who kept judging me was right. I don’t deserve you. You deserve better.”

“And they were also right, I’m just a toy to you. I’m not your….”

“Stop this non-sense talking!” yelled Hanbin.

He’s getting frustrated. Backthen, Hayi was being judged by the other students about her appearance, and for them, it didn’t match with Hanbin at all.

But Hanbin shook it off. He always encouraged Hayi to be confident. That’s why he kept teasing and disturbing her. So that she’ll know that she had this another fascinating side of her when she’s in panicked and mad.

And now, Hayi was believed in them. Believed that they were right, and it’s all because of him!

He’s really getting frustrated because of this.

“Listen, Lee Hayi, I really love you. Didn’t you believe that?? So if I didn’t love you why our love was still lasting until now?? Until this second??”

“It’s because I put my hopes too high on you.” Said Hayi. Hanbin widened his eyes, he’s startled with Hayi’s answer

“And also I put my believes too much on you, for that past 5 months.”

“Now I know the truth. Thanks to Lisa, she’s really my BEST friend.” Said Hayi sarcastically.

Hanbin just shooked his head in disbelief. He didn’t know any other way to convince Hayi anymore.

She’s really disappointed right now. Really really disappointed.

Hayi exhaled her breath

“So this is the end, Hanbin-ya.” said Hayi, smiled bitterly.

“Thanks for the past 2 years. I really enjoyed it.” Said Hayi.

“I hope you won’t try to chase me again. Because, I’m telling you, it’s a waste of time! I will never getting back to you. Ever.”

“Safe flight. Got a good grades there, and also a better chicks. Ahahahaa….” Said Hayi, chuckled awkwardly while Hanbin just stayed silent.

“And… I love you, Kim Hanbin.” Said Hayi, tears started streaming down her face.

“But you don’t.” Said Hayi, while turning back and walked home.

Hanbin wanted to chase her, held her, hug her, and kissed her.

But he can’t

She already said that he couldn’t chase her, anymore. He couldn’t fix this things up.

Then tears were flowing down his cheeks.

He lost her.

It’s already late to chase her back, because he lost her.

*Flashback ends*

Hayi finished her story while wiping her tears away.

Yes, she hated to admit it, but until now, Hanbin still was the part of her heart.

She still madly, deeply, in love with him and she hated it.

Soohyun just stared at her best friend, felt much pity to her.

Soohyun is not judging anyone, but she really hopes Hanbin could settle this things up and Hayi can give him a chance to prove it.

But it’s hard because, yeah, Hayi really loves Hanbin that the wound in her heart was still there after 5 years of separation.

And it’s also hard for Hanbin to prove his love again because Hayi didn’t give him a chance to do it.

***