Give up?

Sorry, I Regret

So that was it. Hanbin and Jonghyun, both of them were competing to each other, to steal Hayi’s heart.

Hanbin was not fully competing with Jonghyun. It’s just, when Jonghyun started to make his move, he’ll prevent Hayi to notice it.

Hanbin didn’t do the aggressive way like Jonghyun did. He teased Hayi like always. Took a walk with her to their favourite places, while being nostalgic about their previous relationship. Just that.

It’s been a month since Hanbin started to work in YG Corporation.

Today is Valentine’s Day. Everyone were busy spreading their love to their friends, or lovers, or seniors, or else.

But for Hanbin, Valentine is just Valentine. Every day is a Valentine’s Day for Hanbin, because he promised to himself that every day he’ll spread his love to everyone that he meet.

“Happy Valentine, bro!” said someone while patting his shoulder. Hanbin turned around and found Soohyun was standing behind him, smiling.

“Weww, Happy Valentine’s too, Soohyun-ssi.” Said Hanbin smiled, while his head was looking to both right and left.

“Looking for Hayi?” teased Soohyun. Hanbin gulped his saliva.

“Ahh.. I.. i…”

“I’m looking for her too. Where the hell was she….” Hummed Soohyun.

Hanbin and Soohyun then started to look around the corporation, to look for Hayi, when they suddenly spotted Jonghyun was talking to someone, while carrying a big bouquet of flowers.

He was talking with Hayi!

Both Hanbin and Soohyun widened their eyes, shocked of what they see.

They decided to overhear what were they talking about.

Hayi looked so tensed, and also surprised. She was speechless. She didn’t expect Jonghyun to ask her out today.

“Will you be my girl, Hayi?” asked Jonghyun while holding his flowers bouquet.

Hayi still remained quiet.

“I’ve been attracted to you since the first day we met. And then since that, we became closer and closer.”

“I.. I… I didn’t know what was your feelings to me, but for sure, from that day until now, I love you, Lee Hayi. I always do.”

Hayi stared at him blankly. She didn’t know that her best friend, Jonghyun, will had that kind of crush to her. It really blew her minds.

No.

Even if it was bitter for him to hear, Hayi won’t compel herself.

Felt a little bit sorry for him, Hayi then started talking.

“I… I didn’t know what should I say… it’s really surprising me.” Said Hayi.

“Just yes or no.” said Jonghyun. Hayi then once again looked into his eyes.

She then exhaled her breath.

“But first, let me thank you for all of your efforts.”

“But well… sorry.. i..”

“I just looked at you as a best friend. Not more. Not less.”

“I’m sorry, but this is just me. I’m a girl, who was hard to fall in love. I…..”

“Is it because of him?” asked Jonghyun. Hayi then raised her brows.

“What?”

“Is it because of him? Kim Hanbin? Your ex?” asked Jonghyun.

Hayi then widened her eyes. Felt really really shocked at Jonghyun’s statement.

How did Jonghyun know that Hanbin was her ex??

“He’s my ex.” said Hayi.

“You’re still in love with him.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.” Said Jonghyun, frustrated. Hayi exhaled her breath.

“The hell were you just saying, Jonghyun-ya. Hanbin is my ex. we’re over. No more romance of us.” Said Hayi, made both Hanbin and Soohyun shocked.

Especially Hanbin. He felt really startled at Hayi’s statement.

“And please, stop connecting my life into love. It’s disgusting.”

“I already made up my mind that I’ll never believe in love again. Ever.” Said Hayi while walking away from Jonghyun, tears started streaming down her face.

Soohyun then started making her way into her room first, left Hanbin alone and then he passed with Hayi, who was still crying.

Hayi stucked there, while Hanbin was looking at her.

His heart was hurt, as well, seeing his love was this fragile.

He knew it. All of her statement about love, her tears, it’s because of him.

Hayi continued her walk but then Hanbin held her hands, stopped her.

“Let me go.” Said Hayi. Hanbin still being persistent, holding her hands.

“Please, leave me alone.” Pleaded Hayi.

Then finally, Hanbin released her, while staring into her back, smiled bitterly.

He should have known that his efforts to fix the things up were also have gone into waste.

Hayi will never forget about it.

She won’t be able to bury the hatchet because it really hurts her.

Yeah, maybe.

Maybe he should just give up.

***