Chapter 8

If We Can Love Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Mark was still caught up in his la la land, Jackson rolled his eyes at him and turned back to continue watching whatever he was watching on the TV.  

“Guys you better start on your homework before dinner, if it's not done by then you won't have any food.” Kyungmi said warning them of the consequences.

“Yes mom!” BamBam said in a sarcastic tone.

Yugyeom on the other hand started to whine. “But noona that is not faiiiiiiirrrrr!!!!! I won't finish on timmmme.” He said and stomped on the floor like a little kid.

“Well, that is why I’m sending you to go do it right now.” Kyungmi said with her sassiness. She got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner, leaving no space for the maknaes to argue. The rest of the guys bursted out laughing and started to mimic Yugyeom’s tantrum, which made the youngest maknae stare evilly at them.

“Go on.” Jinyoung said and smirked as he dismissed the maknaes with a wave of his hand. The maknaes just rolled their eyes and went to their rooms. Jinyoung then made his way towards the kitchen to help Kyungmi prepare dinner. The rest of the guys were surprised that the maknaes actually listened for the first time, but they shrugged it off because they wouldn’t like to miss Kyungmi and Jinyoung’s food either.

~♡~

    After dinner they all decided to watch a movie in the living room, but someone had something else in mind. Before Hannah was able to tag along, she was stopped by someone grabbing her by the hand. Hannah wasn’t surprised to see who it was when she turned to look at the person. She felt the same tingly sensation going up her arm when JB took her hand, so it must be him.

    “Can we talk?” Jaebum asked as he looked at Hannah in the eyes, her hand still intertwined with his. Hannah nodded in agreement, but kept silent as she waited for what he wanted to say. “So I know it might be too early to ask you on a date, but if you want we don’t have to call it a date or a romantic date at that. It can be more like a friendly date…” Jaebum said as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

    “Sure, where should we go?” Hannah agreed surprising JB a little bit, since she usually doesn’t say that much. JB widened his eyes as he realized that he hadn’t planned any further.

“Ummm… Oh I know the right place to take you.” JB suddenly said getting really excited. Hannah was very aware that he hadn’t let go of her hand as he pulled her along towards that place he had in mind.

Once they got outside Hannah was getting curious. “Wait, where are you taking me?” Hannah asked as they neared the forest.

“There is a place that I usually go to when I’m tired of listening to those seven idiots and their nonsense.” JB said referring to the guys and Kyungmi. “Or when I can have some time for myself.”

“Like to meditate?” Hannah asked making JB look up at her. He nodded and smiled, which made Hannah blush a bit, but it went unnoticed to JB. Finally they arrived to a small clearing next to a stream of water. Hannah then noticed the huge tree that was near the edge of the stream. There was no words to describe the size of this tree. Wow that is a really old tree and a very wide one at that! She thought as she came closer to it. What the heck is that? JB had let go of her hand, because he wanted to witness any sort of reaction from Hannah. “Is that… is that a door?” She asked. For someone that doesn’t show much emotion, she surely was caught off guard, because her face said it all.

JB couldn’t help but smile widely, his eyes disappearing into tiny slits. “Go on, open it.” He said. Hannah did as he said and opened the small door that was embedded on the side of the tree. As she opened the door she was surprised to find that it lead to a small room. Inside was an old, small office desk and a couple of wooden chairs with cushions to sit on. On top of the desk were scattered sheets of papers, and various other things, but those seem be new. Hannah then took a look around the small place and found out that there was little window on the opposite side of the room which made it possible for light to enter. On the far corner was a bookshelf with weird ancient looking books. This is like a little hide out place and it’s deep in the forest where no one can disturb you. I wonder who made this? Hannah was suddenly snapped out of thought when she heard JB approach.

“I found this place not too long ago, like about two or three years. Isn’t it amazing?” JB asked and sat on one of the chairs.

“How did you find it?” Hannah asked as she sat on the other chair.  

“Well, back then it was only Mark, Jinyoung, and me. The maknaes were not in the pack yet, and Kyungmi was still living with my parents back in our hometown.” He said referring to Kyungmi and himself. “My family had come to visit me one day, but that same day Kyungmi went missing. I met Jackson the day after her abduction, he told me he had just come from Hong Kong, looking for a pack to join.” Jaebum started to explain the story. “So, by then Kyungmi had been missing for a whole day and I was stressed out, because we couldn’t find her anywhere or even track her down. I explained this to Jackson as he had noticed my mood.” JB said as he remembered everything that happened on that day. “Jackson then told me that he was a warrior trained to track down people. So, he made a deal with me. He told me he could help me find Kyungmi if only he could join my pack. Obviously I said yes, and if he really was who he said he was, then he would be best person to find my sister, also he could be a good addition to the pack.” Hannah listened attentively to the story as this was now her friends JB was talking about.

“So how did Jackson tracked Kyungmi down?” Hannah asked and JB smiled remembering how serious Jackson was back then, but everything changed that day.

“He told me that he needed something with her scent on it. So, I brought him to the pack house. No one was home, at the moment they were going all around the city searching for Kyungmi, although I had already done so many times.” Jaebum shook his head and answered Hannah’s question. “I gave him Kyungmi’s favorite blanket to help him look for her.” JB stared down at his hands as memories seemed to flood back to his mind.

 

“It’s her…” Jackson whispered as realization hit him. JB had heard what he had said and looked at him with a questioning look on his face.

“What do you mean ‘it’s her’?” JB asked him, but Jackson didn’t answer. Instead, he ignored Jaebum and started following Kyungmi’s scent as he had immediately caught onto it. JB looked at Jackson weirdly. What is wrong with him? Jaebum thought as he followed his weird new friend.

 

“I thought it was funny how Jackson found my little sister in less than an hour, but I didn’t think much about it until later.” Jaebum continued on with the story with a sour look on his face. “When we found her I knew instantly that something was off. I couldn’t perceive her scent, even when we approached her I couldn’t get her scent. So, Jackson and I figured that they might have given Kyungmi something that made her invisible to our senses. We found Kyungmi lying almost lifeless on the ground in the middle of the forest. She was severely wounded and couldn’t move at all.” JB paused for a second. “I am usually a strong person, but at that moment I couldn’t bear to see my little sister in that condition. It tore me apart. I thought that I was going to lose her at that moment, but if it wasn’t for Jackson I don’t think that she would had survive out there all alone.”

 

“Should we take her to the hospital?” Jackson asked with a worried expression. Jaebum shooked his head as they kneeled next to Kyungmi’s fragile body.

“No, we should take her to the house. My mom is a nurse she could take care of her there without raising any alarms. On the way there, I will call my parents and inform them that we found her, so that my mom is ready when we get there.” Jaebum explained to him as he wiped the tears that were forming in his eyes. Jackson couldn’t stop staring at Kyungmi, sadness evident in his face.

“Ok then, lead the way. I’ll follow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter