Chapter 7

If We Can Love Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunhwa was sitting in class waiting for the day to be over. I’m 100% sure that Kyungmi and Hannah are not going to come after what happened last night. Why would they even get drunk on a school night? Most importantly WHO the heck were those guys?! She thought as she stretched her arms and let out a big yawn.

"Thank God we got done with the project early yesterday." Sunhwa heard a familiar voice which caused her to look at the entrance door.

So they did come today.? Sunhwa smiled as she thought of an evil plan to take revenge for what she had to go through last night to find her phone. "WHAT'S UP GUYS?" Sunhwa practically screamed as Kyungmi and Hannah approached her with smiles on their faces.
    "Yah! You almost made my ears bleed." Kyungmi said as she covered her ears in defense.

"Why are you so excited though?" Hannah said as she made her way to the chair to put her bag down beside Sunhwa's.
    Why are they so normal? Sunhwa was taken back and was processing the situation. "You tell me, how are you so calm and put together after getting so drunk last night that you even passed out in front of me?" Sunhwa said as she sat on her chair.
    "What? No one got drunk last night." Kyungmi put her bag on the chair on the other side of Sunhwa and sat on the table to face both Hannah and Sunhwa sitting side by side.
    "And you, remind me to never go out for drinks with you okay? You were so rude and cranky like you were on your period or something. I pity your husband." Sunhwa shook her head as she thought of her encounter with Kyungmi last night. She couldn't accept that Kyungmi could be this rude.
     "But we didn't drink last night, in fact-" Hannah couldn't finish her sentence as Sunhwa interrupted. 

"Ohh, don't you guys lie to me. I saw you two and a bunch of crazy boys at your house when I went back to grab my phone, since I forgot it there in the afternoon. All of you were hammered from the booze."
    Kyungmi and Hannah looked at each other as they both tried to come up with an excuse. "Yeahh... sure! Uhh you can say we did drink." Kyungmi was flustered as they had to admit that they did drink last night in front of Sunhwa. But that totally wasn't the case last night.
    "But why don't you guys look like you have a hangover at all? I was going to talk loud to make you guys suffer." Sunhwa said in a disappointed tone.
    "Well... there is this... uhh remedy we know so-" Kyungmi begin to make up an excuse.

"What is it tell me! I hate hangovers! That reminds me why were you guys drinking in the middle of the week?" Sunhwa said raising an eyebrow.
    There she goes with her interrogation. Kyungmi knew that Sunhwa gets curious about stuff easily.

"Well... we were celebrating... umm my arrival in Korea. Yes that's it!"  Hannah was happy with coming up with a good reason as she was getting nervous after every question Sunhwa was asking.
"Ohh I see, who were those guys though? Did you pick them randomly from the club or something?" Sunhwa started laughing.

Kyungmi and Hannah's eyes met again. Both of them were worried about how to cover up this question with another lie, revealing their identity to Sunhwa might just make her run away from them. They were afraid that she might start fearing them, for they were part wild animals, technically. Kyungmi didn't want to lose her only human friend, she liked Sunhwa's outgoing personality. But there were times Kyungmi wanted to reveal her identity to Sunhwa because she didn't like lying to her. Also, even though Hannah just got to know Sunhwa, she had already accepted her as a friend.

Sunhwa noticed Kyungmi and Hannah's worried faces and mistaken them as uncomfortable ones. "Am I being too nosy guys? I'm sorry... I-" Sunhwa cursed herself internally as she knew of her habit of asking too many questions about people's personal stuff, she couldn't complete her apology as the professor entered the class. Kyungmi hopped off of the table and sat beside Sunhwa.

"Don't worry about it," Kyungmi whispered to Sunhwa which eased Sunhwa a bit. She decided not to ask any questions about last night. But she was still curious about many things.

~♡~

"Yaah! Jinyoung-ah we've been waiting for you from last 20 minutes! What took you so long?" Kyungmi had her arms crossed on her chest. Hannah was standing with her back leaning against the wall, she straightened herself as she saw Jinyoung approaching them.
    "Miyaaaan, the professor asked me to get him some books from the library for him." Jinyoung said while he ran his fingers through his hair and looked down at the ground.
    "See, I'm fine with waiting but our Princess Hannah, over here is hungry and she said she NEEDS barbecued beef right now!" Kyungmi said as she pointed towards Hannah who was standing still. It took her a moment to realize why Kyungmi was pointing at her.
    "HEY! You were the one who said that! Not me!" Hannah started running after Kyungmi as Kyungmi ran for her life.
    "Wait till I catch you... you'll regret it... for sure!" Kyungmi was laughing and running at the same time. Having the time of her life.
    "Hey hey! Girls. We still need to get those three idiots from their school, we're already late." Jinyoung said as he tried to stop himself from laughing.
    "This is not over yet." Hannah said as she stopped running and made her way to Jinyoung. Kyungmi followed her, still giggling.
    "You're going to carry the art project now." Hannah said to Kyungmi.
    "Yes, Your Highness." Kyungmi bowed to her, but she still couldn't stop her giggles. Hannah flipped her hair and stuck her tongue out at Kyungmi as she stepped out of college along with Jinyoung. Kyungmi soon followed them after picking up their art project which was standing against the wall.

Kyungmi walked with a fast pace till she caught up with the other two at the side of the road. They were walking towards the three maknaes’ school.

The weather was pleasant, not too hot and not too cold either. The wind was moderate, the scent of the woods was covered up by the smell of burned fuel coming from the cars on the road.
    Hannah felt restless, as she wanted to shift into her wolf and just run till she passes out. It's had been too long since she went for a run, felt the wet mud under her paws, felt the fresh air against her white Royal fur and howled till there was no air to breath out of her lungs. She missed the excitement running in the woods gave her, how it made her feel alive. If only I could. She thought bitterly. It'd be nice if I could go for a run with JB in this-
    "Is that a wolf?" Jinyoung's voice brought Hannah back to the reality, Hannah realized that Kyungmi and Jinyoung both had stopped walking a moment ago and she was at least 3 steps ahead of them. She walked back to join them.
    "Yeah, it's Jackson's form. I wanted to keep the project and give it to Jackson, so I asked Sunhwa that we should do a black wolf." Kyungmi turned their art project to take a look at the jet black wolf again. How she loved staring into those grey eyes.
    I wonder how JB's wolf looks like. Hannah couldn't help but think about JB all day. She couldn't accept the fact that she had a perfect mate and she was happy about it. She was feeling all kinds of emotions, from being guilty that she was living a good life in Korea right now and even found a mate and trustworthy friends, while her clan was fighting for their and her survival to being excited and happy about finding the perfect mate she has always dreamed of.

All she could think of right now was that she didn't deserve all this happiness, a perfect life while her clan members were probably dying. No Hannah, you can't let yourself too deep into your happiness that you forget the pain your people are going through. You can be happy once everything's settled down. You have to endure it too with them. If they are suffering you should too with them, as you are their Princess. Hannah was at the edge of bursting out with tears as she came to senses once again with Jinyoung's voice ringing in her ears.
    "What grade did you get? I'm guessing an A, it's really good. Who's idea was it?" Jinyoung asked as he took the project in his hands to take a better look at it.
    "It was Sunhwa's idea, the picture made from different small pictures. She thought it was also a great idea to make our project a wolf. Maybe she likes wolves." Hannah smiled at the thought that a human liked wolves and doesn't think of them as vicious animals as most of them do. Maybe she was their friend for a reason.
    "And I admit that I made things more difficult after being stubborn to do a black wolf because I wanted to gift it to Jackson." Kyungmi took the picture back from Jinyoung's hand. She didn't trust anyone with it because she didn't want it to get ruined in any case.
    "Yeah! You don't know how hard it was to find the black and white pictures from the whole lot bundles of magazines." Hannah remembered getting a headache while searching for them, flipping every page in hope that she might find one black and white picture on the next one but only got disappointment.
    "She can be like that sometimes, sorry Hannah. And Kyungmi, Jackson is going to love it since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter