Chapter 11

If We Can Love Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

     JB knocked on the guest room door.

    “Come in!” Hannah said from inside. JB slowly opened the door, revealing Hannah on her computer typing some type of essay. JB sat awkwardly on her bed.

    Hannah finally finisher her thought and turned around to face JB.

    “Hey… what’s up?” Hannah smiled cautiously.

    “Well… I can feel that you’re a little distraught. Are you okay?” JB looked concerned. Hannah was taken a little aback. She knew mates can sometimes sense each other’s emotions faintly, but she’s never experienced it before. Granted, she’s only found JB a couple weeks ago. I guess there’s no hiding anything from JB now… she thought.

    “Yeah. uh… well it’s just… I haven’t received a response from my parents. I’m a little restless because I want to know if they’re okay.” She admitted. JB suddenly saw the bags under  her eyes and how sunken she looked.

    “Babe… are you okay?” JB got up and kneeled beside her. He cupped her left cheek and tried to it. Before he had the chance to though, Hannah pulled her cheek away from his palm. Once again the air around them became awkward. It was quiet for a good few seconds before JB spoke up again. “Hannah… what am I to you?” He questioned.

    “My mate.” Hannah didn’t hesitate to answer, but she also didn’t dare look at him. “Look JB. I’m sorry. I really am. I’m not acting like a good mate but… I hope you understand…”

    “Can I at least comfort you when you need it? Because every time I try, it feels like you’re shutting me out. Like you don’t want me to be there!” JB was trying not to shout because he knew the rest of the pack members are outside Hannah’s door. He didn’t want to sound angry either, but it ended up being that way.

    “I’m so sorry… I didn’t know you--” Hannah tried to finish her sentence but instead her voice fell. She low-key did know that her attitude towards him was making him go crazy. She just didn’t know what to do.

    JB however, got up and gave her a hug from behind. “I’m sorry babe. I know you’re going through a lot right now. Just… let me hug you and try to make you feel better from now on okay?”

“Okay,” Hannah breathed.  

~♡~

Mark and Jackson were downstairs in the living room killing time by watching Kyungmi’s favorite korean drama, “Blood”. The maknaes were upstairs in the game room table doing homework together and Kyungmi and Jinyoung was helping them.

“Why does Kyungmi even like this drama? It’s about vampires! Vampires aren't even real. Worse part is, humans think vampires are sooooo romantic. But I, a werewolf, can be even more romantic than that Park Jisang guy!” Jackson commented. He looked at Mark who was staring mindlessly at the TV screen. “Hey Mark? Tuan Yien! Are you listening?” Jackson waved his hands in front of Mark.

“Huh? Did you say something Jackson?” Mark looked at Jackson with the most blankest face. Seeing his friend’s face like this, Jackson decided to drop his playfulness and put his serious hat on.

“Nevermind. It’s not important.” Jackson said. “By the way, why are you so out of it today? You’re never like this. So tell me, what’s going on?”     

“Sunhwa.” Mark stated.

“I figured that much. What about her?” Jackson questioned.

“I want to hold her so much,” Mark laughed himself. “Look at me now Jackson! I don’t know this girl, but I’m crazy about her already!” Jackson looked at him.

“Well… you know how I am when I’m gone from Kyungmi’s side for too long.” Jackson nervously chuckled. “I know how you feel. I’m sorry you have to be apart from Sunhwa.”

“At least Kyungmi knows you’re her mate, and at least she’s a werewolf…” Mark whined in Chinese. Even though they were upstairs, he didn’t want the others to be eavesdropping and hearing their prince act childish. But this is Jackson. He finds comfort in the fact that Jackson is the best warrior wolf, therefore one of the main commanders in the clan, even though he’s so young. That means Jackson carries a huge responsibility on his shoulders, just like Mark does being the crown prince. He can talk to him comfortably and and not be judge because in a way, they’re equals. Yes, he can talk to JB, Kyungmi or even Jinyoung, but no one else can speak Chinese except Jackson. Their conversations in Chinese are like their little secrets even Kyungmi can't understand.

Jackson was quiet, wondering how to comfort his best friend. Mark seemed to read his mind. “It’s okay, I’m okay. You don’t have to try to give me advice. Thanks for listening to me, though.” He said with a sigh.

“What are you going to do though? I mean, your parents told you to make your presence known to her at least. Plus, it’s going to be hard for you from now on not having your mate near you.” Jackson said, a little bit worried for Mark. Mark shook his head.

“I don’t know… I mean I don’t how to even date a human. It’s different in our world you know? Like right when you and Kyungmi met, you knew you were for each other. For humans, apperantly it sometimes takes time for feelings to develop. Well at least that’s what I remember back in our college days and observing people aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter