Chapter 10

If We Can Love Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Mark’s head hung low, with his eyes closed, he was struggling with his inner wolf to run inside and take Sunhwa in his arms. He was sure she was his mate because no one else could smell what he did. Roses, the smell was so intoxicating for him that it made his insides shuffle furiously. All he could think of was that there might be another guy inside the house dancing with his mate. No Mark, you’ve created enough of the scene for today. You’re a Prince, never forget that. She is your mate, but you have to think about your clan too. 
        “A problem! Guys...” Hannah came running outside of Sunhwa’s building, cutting the thick tensed silence between the 4 wolves standing on the side of the road. JB and Jackson were eyeing one another, asking each other to talk to Mark first. Kyungmi stood still, not sure to how react or what to say.
        “Did something happen inside?” JB got worried as he saw Hannah running out of the front door. Mark’s eyes shot up, he was worried that Sunhwa had to go through hard time by the other humans because of him. People might talk bad about her or make fun of her because of the incident. What did I do...
        “No, everything is fine inside I just got one of the popular girls to fall on her in front of everyone and that distracted them. Never liked her anyway. No one even remembers about what happened before, you know humans move on easily.” Hannah flipped her hair and acted to dust something off of her hands, she was walking now, she reached up to the others and joined the small circle in the middle of the yard.“There is problem at home with the Maknaes. Didn’t you see the group text?” All of them shook their head. Hannah pulled the phone out of her pocket and showed it to others.

HOME. NOW. MAKNAES.
From: Jinyoung.

       “Ahh Jinja...” JB let out a huge sigh and shook his head, Hannah couldn't help but smile at JB being frustrated. Ahh he is doing that with his chin again~
 

~♡~
       

       Four large wolves came out of the woods running side by side, one of them had a little figure riding on his back. Hannah had her head buried deep into the fur of the wolf, her arms around the neck, feet hanging on either sides. 
       Hannah kept her eyes closed the whole time. She couldn't brush off the tingling feeling in her body whenever she touched JB, now her whole body was pressed against JB’s wolf. All she could do was smile, she didn't want to think about anything, no coyotes, no clan, she truly wanted to deserve all this.
      Hannah felt the wolf slowing down and finally stop, she kept her eyes closedn not wanting to let go. The wolf stood still too for a moment, he could trace the pattern of her breaths as he felt them against his fur. Was she asleep? His wolf wanted to purr but again didn't want to disturb the beauty resting on his back.
      “Hannah?” Hannah opened her eyes slowly, Kyungmi and Jackson stood in front of her eyes, their hands intertwined. Both of them had similar mischievous look on their faces. 
      “Did you sleep on oppa’s back even though he was running at his normal pace? Which is pretty fast.” Kyungmi wiggled her eyebrows at Hannah. 
       Hannah’s cheeks were warm with rushing to them as she jumped off of the wolf’s back. “Hyung you should maybe give me a ride on your back sometimes too.” Jackson winked at the wolf. The wolf bared his teeth at him while glaring. Kyungmi and Jackson gave each other a high five while laughing and started walking towards the door together, where Mark was already standing with his hands in his pockets, waiting for them.
       JB shifted back and stood beside Hannah in human form, JB reluctantly offered his hand to Hannah. Should I take it? Of course I should I’m his mate... it’s just holding hands right? I’m not betraying my clan while doing it. Do I-
      “Come on, we’re waiting.” Hannah lifted her hand to put in JB’s but as soon as she heard Kyungmi’s voice she stopped and started jogging towards them. She herself didn't know why she was doing that but there was just one phrase going around in her mind. I don't deserve this.
       JB soon joined the others after Hannah, sorrow from the recent event was all over his face, he wanted to ask Hannah if she was uncomfortable with him around her, or did he do something to upset her. Was she mad that he didn’t recognize her the first time they met even though she had pills masking her scent up? Maybe she just needs some time to adjust to this new life. He kept on telling himself. 
           “Go on, do your work alpha.” Mark said as he indicated towards the door. JB rolled his eyes at him and sighed before opening the front door and entering the house followed by the others.
            “Siganeul meomchullae- uhh- i sungani jinamyeon~” 
             “Shut up Youngjae! Yugyeom and BamBam stay where you are!”
           They could hear the voices coming from the lounge.
            “No no… no I’ll have to clean all this...” Kyungmi whined as she saw the mess as they made their way towards the lounge. 
            “I’ll help you.” Jackson said with a wide smile. 
            “You always say that and at the end you have to go for some pack work again.” Kyungmi said as she rolled her eyes and sighed. 
            “This time Jinja I will do-” Jackson couldn't finish his sentence as they were already in the lounge.
            Kyungmi stood still at the sight, Oh no was there an earthquake? I’ll have to set the whole place on fire and build a new home now. The carpet had paw marks with mud, the couches were upside down, the only one stable at its place was on which Jinyoung was sitting with his head in his hands. Youngjae was lying on his back singing at the top of his lungs, with hiccups in between. BamBam and Yugyeom in their wolf forms running all around the house, knocking things down in their way.
             “BamBam! Yugyeom!” JB barked at the maknaes with his hands crossed across his chest. They immediately froze at their places. “Human. Now!” They followed their alpha’s command and shifted back to their human forms.
             Youngjae was quiet now and was on his feet in front of his hyungs and noonas, with his head sank down with hiccups in between. It was hard for him to keep his balance. BamBam and Yugyeom made their way beside Youngjae while lurking here and there as they couldn't keep their walk straight. The three of them were leaning against each other in order to stand.
        “Sit and explain.” Yugyeom and BamBam were smiling involuntarily while looking at JB and Youngjae still had hiccups. They all sat down on the rug.
        “I’ve been asking them that but they choose to ignore whatever I’m saying,” Jinyoung got up and joined the others, facing the three maknaes. “I smelled them at the party. And followed the scent. I saw them drunk close to the mansion.”
         “Hyuuuuuung we just wanted to taste the liquor~” BamBam cupped his own face in his hands and swayed left and right, still smiling brightly.
        “Liquor wouldn't have done this to you.” JB had the straight face on.
        “This idiot got us apple cider instead!” BamBam smacked the back of the head of Youngjae as he let out another hiccup.
       “Ohh nooonas anneoyng! Kyungmi noona 1, 2, 3 and 4! Woah there’s fouuur of youuuu~ Oh wait Hannah noonas? 6. I see 6 Hannah noonas! Look Bam!” It seemed as if Yugyeom wasn’t aware of his surroundings, which he truly wasn’t.
       “I’m not drunk hyung, see-uhh~” Youngjae pouted as he couldn't even complete his sentence. 
        “I told you guys to stay at home! Looks like you guys don't take me as your alpha!” JB started yelling at them.
         “Why did we need to stay at home while you guys would’ve had all the fun?” BamBam had his serious expressions on as he glared at JB.
          “Because I told you to! You’re too young for parties like that!” JB was losing his cool as the conversation was progressing. 
           “But why-” BamBam stopped in the middle of his sentence as he saw JB’s wolf eyes flashing for a second.
            “Kyungmi, make a concoction for them, make sure it’s strong enough to last two weeks. Let them learn their lesson for not obeying me.” JB let out a long sigh. Why did I have to be the alpha and deal with these three huge pups.
            “No hyung! Please... not the concoction we have a basketball match with a bunch of humans tomorrow! Please, it’s the matter of our pride, us wolves! You have to understand we won't be able to win if we don't have the wolf abilities!” BamBam ranted to JB.
    “They don’t even know you’re wolves! What does ‘wolf pride’ even matter here?” Jinyoung said.
            “That’s even better, you guys could learn your lesson even better!” JB just smirked satisfied by the alpha work he just did.
            Hannah and the guys started cleaning up while Kyungmi went to make the concoction. The maknaes passed out on the rug, the three of them sleeping soundlessly cuddling each other.
           “Thank God I don't have to deal with the stuff like that,” Mark tried to tease JB in order to lighten the atmosphere up a bit as he flipped and then dragged the couch to it’s right position.
            “Yeah, well you’re going to have to deal with a lot worse since you’re the Prince.” Jackson was collecting the broken pieces of the vases and other things which the maknaes had knocked out while running around.
            “I actually pity you Jackson, since you have to deal with Kyungmi.” JB was mopping the floor as Hannah passed by dragging the vacuum cleaner along with her. Caramel, this smell will never get old for me.
            “Yah! How can you say that about your sister?” Jackson narrowed his eyes at JB but JB was busy staring at Hannah struggling with the wire being intertwined with itself. JB was finding it amusing but cute at the same time. Jackson forgot his anger and became entertained. Glad to know I’m not the only love struck puppy here now. He thought.
              “Guys I made the concoction, it’s your job to make them drink it up now and please hurry Hannah and I have to clean the rug.” Kyungmi entered the lounge along with Jinyoung and handed the tray with three cups on it to JB. “There you go oppa, do your job. I’ll take the mopping.”
                After struggling with three drunk whining wolves for a long 10 minutes, the 4 older wolves finally made the maknaes drink the concoction and go to their respective rooms to sleep. 
               “Okay guys that’s it I’m tired.” Hannah sat on the couch and huffed. 
               “Well, we all are. Let’s just do the rest of the cleaning tomorrow?” All the others agreed with Jinyoung, they knew he was the one who had to go through more than anyone of them because of the maknaes.
               They managed to make the lounge somewhat clean enough to sit peacefully. They all settled down one by one, in their usual seats. 
               Hannah found out that her usual was just beside JB on the three sitter sofa, with his hand behind her going around the edge of the back of the sofa. She felt more like home as the days passed. She was getting used to this lifestyle, getting used to have people around her whom she can call her friends, and of course, JB. She was finding happiness in little things here, every day she wakes up looking forward for the day to progress. But then again, deep down she felt that she didn't deserve all this.
             “So you’ve found your mate, are you sure?” Jackson asked Mark with a mischievous smirk as he settled on the hand of the single sitter sofa on which Kyungmi was sitting. 
              Mark just nodded but didn't say anything. 
             “What? I missed such important thing because of those idiots? Who is she? Where is she?” Jinyoung was surprised they didn't tell him this while they were all quiet just cleaning up the mess from last 15 minutes. 
             “That’s the problem we’re not sure if she really is his mate.” JB said.
             “She is my mate and I am sure.” Mark was getting irritated as all of them were saying that his mate wasn't his’. He himself didn't know how he was able to control his wolf from taking over and just punch everyone in their faces.
             “She is human.” Kyungmi told Jinyoung as he had no clue what everyone was talking about.
             “A human?” Jinyoung was taken back as like everyone else he himself had never heard of human-werewolf mate bond. 
            “Damn it! I know she is my mate since I’ve been going crazy for months now. First it was just a slight hint of rose whenever Kyungmi used to come home from college. I didn't bother back then I thought it was her perfume or maybe an air freshener. But from last week it was stronger than ever, off of both of you, Hannah and Kyungmi. She is your classmate right?” Hannah and Kyungmi immediately nodded their heads.
            “Well that explains it all! The day we arrived from Japan, the smell was all over the house, specially that sofa and this rug.” Mark remembered struggling to focus on the conversation they were having in the lounge that day, when they met Hannah for the first time. 
             “Yeah. She was over here with us working on the project.” Kyungmi said she had open realizing how things were adding up to her friend being their future princess.
            “The project had the strongest scent of her’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter