Chapter 4

If We Can Love Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hannah and Kyungmi could hear the sound of feet pounding on the hardwood floor as they approached the living room where they were currently at. “Stop Jackson, stop pushing me!” One of them exclaimed annoyed.

“Well then freaking walk faster, I want to see my wife.” The other said also sounding annoyed just as he entered the living room. “KYUNGMI I MISSED YOU!" yelled the guy with a bright smile lifting Kyungmi off of the couch onto his arms. Oh, so this is Kyungmi’s husband Jackson, right? Hannah thought 

“Did you miss me?” Jackson asked Kyungmi with a pouty face and puppy dog eyes.

“Mmm.... let me think about it?” Kyungmi said hiding a smile, but Jackson was actually starting to get sad.

“What!? You didn’t miss me?” Jackson said letting go of the embrace they had been holding. His eyes filled sadness.

“Well… since you guys left everything has been more peaceful and cleaner than ever. I have been also stress free... until now.” Kyungmi explained not answering Jackson’s question directly. His face fell, his eyes not reaching Kyungmi’s.

“Have I just been a burden to you?” Jackson said this time more seriously, still not meeting Kyungmi’s eyes. You could see his self esteem lowering as he asked and everyone noticed including Hannah who was still unnoticed by them. Kyungmi couldn’t believe this was the man who she had married. Why was Jackson being like this?

“Babe, look at me.” Kyungmi said cupping Jackson’s face in her small hands. “Why would you think that!? You know I was just playing right?” Jackson nodded, which made Kyungmi relax a bit. She really thought that she had hurt him. “Listen to me. I don’t know why you’re feeling like this, but I assure you are not a burden to me. You ARE my husband, you ARE my life, and you ARE my soulmate, so please don’t ever think bad about yourself. Understood?” Kyungmi embraced her husband and this time she was sure of not letting him go. She had spilled her heart out, but still she couldn’t understand why all of the sudden Jackson was filled with insecurity as he was well known for his confidence. I guess we all have insecurities, but some seem to hide it very well. Kyungmi thought.

“So you did miss me!” Jackson said as he hugged her not wanting to let go either. He is finally back to normal! Kyungmi thought. Well not at all normal, but as normal as Jackson can be.

“Guys, there are three minors over here, can you get a room or something?” A tall guy said with somewhat a disgusted expression, while the other guys entered the room.

“BamBam, thanks for reminding me that we already have one, let’s go!” Jackson said as he got a hold on Kyungmi’s wrist. He started dragging her along, but stopped as he saw a girl he’s never seen before silently staring at them. Jackson followed her eyes, wondering why she was staring at them.

Turns out, she wasn’t staring at him and Kyungmi, but rather at JB, who was standing right next to him. Wait, why JB hyung? Jackson thought.

Mmmm...It smells so nice in here like… like Cinnamon. Hannah thought. It’s all over…Him? She looked at JB. Is he...my...mate? He is HOT. Ugh what? That’s why the cinnamon smell is so good because he was my mate all along? She kept staring, hoping he would look back at her.

But why isn’t he looking at me? Is he rejecting me? In Hannah’s eyes, JB had no reaction, his poker face giving her no hint of emotion. He kept looking straight and didn’t bother to turn to her and reciprocate the look. Yes. I've been rejected and we haven’t even talked to each other yet.

Am I not even pretty enough for a guy to notice me as he enters the room? Staring was rude, and Hannah knew this, but she didn’t care. She continued staring and her thoughts didn’t stop either.

Wait that means that he doesn’t go around looking at random girls. Good. He better not. Oh my God he is looking so good standing there doing nothing I just want to-

Hannah’s mind was filled with all kinds of thoughts as she heard Kyungmi calling her name. “Hannah… Hannah? Hannah! Snap out of your la la land already!”

“Yeah? Oh-uhh... hi.” Blood rushed to Hannah’s cheeks as she knew everyone saw her staring at JB. My mouth wasn’t open while I was staring right? Way to go Hannah, first impression on your mate and his friends was you drooling all over him, not literally but still, his is a bad first impression. Hannah thought as she looked around to focus on something else other than JB.

“Who is she?” JB asked as he looked at Hannah, he could smell a faint but tempting caramel smell. It was subtle, but he never liked any smell better than this one. His eyes searched for any clue who she might be, and why he was getting a faint caramel smell off of her. He wanted to just grab her and fill that scent in his nose. Despite the urge he tried to look as uninterested as possible. She’s a random girl, and to her, he’s a random guy. It’d be creepy if he just grabbed her.

But just him saying those three words, Hannah was ecstatic.

Oh my God, he noticed me! And his voice… his voice alone can make my breath hitch, Hannah thought as she let out a loud breath.

“Boys, pay your respects. This is Princess Hannah Wolfe from the Southern United States Clan.” Kyungmi said, introducing her. All of the boys immediately bowed except one, who just nodded his head. This must be the Prince. Hannah thought.

“Ohhhh my goodness, Your Highness, forgive us for we have wronged you and didn’t bow the moment we saw you. Kill us already,” BamBam and another strongly built boy were kneeling before Hannah the very next moment. What is wrong with them? Do the royals here make them treat them like gods? Hannah tilted her head in confusion. She didn't know how to react.

“Come on Yugyeom and BamBam, quit it already you’re embarrassing us.” A guy with strong but somewhat beautiful features pulled both of the boys up from their collars. So they were just joking, thank God. Hannah was amused. So that’s what Kyungmi was warning me about all along, sure I understand her now. Totally. Hannah smiled as she relaxed a bit.

“Thanks Jinyoung, I was just thinking how to stop them in a totally non-embarrassing way.” Kyungmi sighed as she got away from Jackson’s side and went up to Hannah. “Okay Hannah, this is Jackson, my husband as you might’ve already guessed,” Kyungmi introduced as she looked at him lovingly. There was no doubt the two were madly in love. She then turns to the boy who said the embarrassing dialogue just a second ago. “This is BamBam. He loves playing pranks and being evil to his elders. He’s the worst,” BamBam just showed a peace sign and winked. “Yugyeom, Bam Bam’s partner-in-crime. He’s only a little bit better,” Yugyeom gave his cheekiest smile. “Youngjae better than Yugyeo-” Kyungmi didn’t finish her sentence when Yugyeom interrupted.

“Noona why is Youngjae better than me?” Yugyeom said as he made a pouty face.

“Because he at least does good in school and attends classes, not like you guys.” Yugyeom opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. Kyungmi continued.

“So these three are the Maknaes and this is Jinyoung, the Beta. Without this guy, I wouldn't have survived living with these guys because of all the- you know what you just saw.” Jackson’s face fell a bit as he heard Kyungmi saying that. Kyungmi seemed to notice and smiled at him. “Yes, Jackson. You too, you too.” Kyungmi mouthed to Jackson, he just stood there and smiled brightly. “This is JB or you can call him Jaebum if you want. The Alpha of our pack and my awesome older brother.” Hannah and JB’s eyes met for a fraction of second. To Hannah’s disappointment, JB looked away rather quickly. Not to mention my mate, who didn’t even throw a quick glance towards me as of yet, even though we’re in the same room. Hannah silently added to Kyungmi’s introduction.

Why is he standing still with blank expressions and eyes focused on everything BUT me while here I am going crazy for him? Maybe he doesn’t want his pack members to know that I’m his mate yet? But is me being his mate embarrassing for him? Hannah’s mind was swirling with unanswered questions.

He should've been drawn to me naturally… right…? So, is he actually my mate? Is God playing jokes on me? Why did he look away? Hannah was already in her mind’s palace.

“Finally, this is our Prince, Mark.” Hannah blinked back into reality with the help of Kyungmi’s voice. Hannah smiled and nodded as Mark returned the favour.

“I heard that a princess was coming, but I didn't know you’ll end up in our pack house.” Mark said as everyone started settling down on the couches and cushions on the floor rug. “Dibs on the single sofa~” Jackson screamed, he pulled Kyungmi with him as he ran towards the sofa sat on it and Kyungmi sat on his lap.

“Don’t even get me started on how she got here.” Kyungmi said, as she tried to settle to find a comfy spot on Jackson’s lap.

“You should have called us.” JB said as he sat in the middle of the 3 sitters’ couch, Jiny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter