Chapter 3

If We Can Love Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning Hannah was woken up by a knock on the bedroom door. She groaned as the smell of breakfast hit her, making her stomach grumble. “Hannah are you awake? Breakfast is almost ready.” Kyungmi said from the other side of the door.

“Yeah, I’ll be there in a minute.” Hannah said while yawning. In reality she didn’t want to get out of bed which provided her comfort. She inhaled deeply, the smell of cinnamon rich as ever. It affected her in a sense that she alone could’t comprehend. Okay Hannah, come on, get up already! Don’t be a lazy donkey and get up, college is awaiting! It was difficult for her to wake up at this hour of the morning, because it was the first time she was going to experience school. Hannah had previously finished all her studies back in the States by being homeschooled. Homeschooling was the only way for her to learn, because she was not allowed to leave the palace’s perimeter. In other words, she didn’t know anything about the outside world, the only thing she knew where things that she saw on the TV and on the internet, which aren't always credible.

Once she was up, she put on the clothes Kyungmi had let her borrow. It only took her about 5 minutes to get ready, and by now, she was sure Kyungmi was finished with cooking breakfast. Why is it so cold in Seoul? Maybe I should wear a sweater. She was debating if she could wear one of the hoodies she saw in the closet the last time. She went downstairs to the kitchen to find Kyungmi who had already served her breakfast which was now on the table.

“Morning, did you sleep well?” Kyungmi asked. She had been waiting for Hannah so that they could both eat together.

“Yeah, thanks by the way for letting me borrow your clothes.” Hannah said, as she sat on the in front of Kyungmi, and they ate peacefully until it was time to go to college, by which Hannah was eager to attend.

~♡~

Once they got to the campus they headed straight to Art. Kyungmi entered and lead Hannah to the back of the classroom. There sat a girl with long, dark hair, her face was hidden behind a book. “Hi, Sunhwa how are you?” said Kyungmi, as she sat beside her, Hannah taking the seat in front of Kyungmi. Hannah turned around to look at the girl.

“I’m fine,” Sunhwa replied, “how about you?” She didn’t leave time for Kyungmi to answer, when she noticed Hannah.“Oh, hi there my name is Sunhwa.”

“Sorry, my bad.” said Kyungmi. “Hannah this is my friend Sunhwa, Sunhwa this is my cousin, Hannah. She will be living with me for a while.” Kyungmi finally introduced.

“Nice, where do you come from?” Sunhwa asked.

“I come from the U.S, and before you ask, I came here to learn more about South Korea, as my mom's ancestors were from here.” Hannah explained. They kept on talking until the teacher walked in.

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen.” said the teacher, Mr. Lee. “Today I will assign a project; it will be a group project.” The whole class groaned. Mr. Lee rolled his eyes in annoyance and smirk at the class, but he continued speaking. “The groups will consist of two or three people.” This made the class a bit more brighter, as they knew they could work with their friends. “So please, go and find your teammates.” Sunhwa, Kyungmi, and Hannah decided to partner up as a group. Once all the students sat with their designated groups, the teacher continued explaining and giving directions on what they had to do. “For this project I would like you all to create something, for example an animal, a plant, or even a person. This 'something' you choose will be made up of pictures, so basically a picture made out of magazine cut outs.” They all started talking all at once, but the Mr. Lee wasn’t done. “It’s due on Friday.” All of them groaned again, and with that, they started to plan on what to do, until the end of class.

As they were leaving class, Sunhwa came up with an idea. “Hey are you guys going to be busy?” Sunhwa asked Kyungmi and Hannah.

“No, why?” Kyungmi answered, while they were walking through the main hall.

“Me neither.” said Sunhwa. “Maybe we can start with the project and get it over with as soon as possible.”

“It’s a good idea, the sooner we start this the more time we have time to relax, right?” Kyungmi said. Hannah and Sunhwa nodded in agreement.

“So, why don’t go over to your house?” Sunhwa suggested.

“Sure, if it’s fine with you.” Hannah had been quiet all the time, well because she didn’t know Sunhwa that well. Plus, she didn't know Kyungmi that well either. She just had to trust her instincts for now, it’s not like they knew why she really was here. Also, Sunhwa is just a human, meaning that she doesn’t know about werewolves... right? So, she just nodded in agreement, after all she is living with Kyungmi.

“Yeah, why not?!” Kyungmi said, “‘I’ll just go get my car and we’ll meet by the entrance.” Hannah and Kyungmi went back to where they had parked the car, and headed towards the entrance where Sunhwa was waiting.

~♡~

Kyungmi and Hannah were followed by Sunhwa to her house. “Wow Kyungmi, I never thought you lived in a mansion.” Sunhwa said while gawking at the house, once she got out of her car. Kyungmi just smiled at her almost laughing at her childish expression. 

As soon as Kyungmi opened the door, Sunhwa couldn’t help but look around. The whole place looked like the interior of a palace. The floor was beautiful coffee brown colored and was so shiny that Sunhwa can see her reflection on it. The couches were Sunpan Modern Bugatti Grain Leather Sofas in white. The carpet underneath the couches were a rich blood red color with intricately designed golden patterns. The TV was huge, measuring 150 inches diagonally. Not only that, but a big diamond chandelier hung on top of the living room.

“Okay, enough of you staring! Let's get to work.” Kyungmi said while dragging Sunhwa to the house. Hannah followed behind giggling at how ridiculous they looked.

“So, now that we chose an animal that we all like, we can start making a sketch on a piece of paper. Then we can draw it on the poster board.” Sunhwa said, taking the lead.

“Whatever you say your, highness.” Kyungmi said sarcastically. Hannah looked up confused as she hadn’t said anything, but then she noticed that it wasn’t directed to her. Oh, so this is how sarcasm sounds like?

~♡~

As time advanced they started to get tired, but they still hadn’t finished all the work, so they opted on quitting for now, they would continue working on the project later.

“Alright, now that we have finish the sketching part we need to start cutting magazine pictures so that we can glue them on the poster board.” Sunhwa said gathering all of her stuff. “See you guys tomorrow!” Sunhwa said excitedly. Kyungmi and Hannah went silent. They widened their eyes, realizing both at the same time that there was going to be a full moon tomorrow.

They were not just about to show Sunhwa what crazy and chaotic things werewolves do on a full moon. Sunhwa stopped moving as she noticed they weren't following her.

“Sorry, we can’t… uh be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter