Chapter 6

If We Can Love Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hannah was speechless, she couldn’t think straight, and her emotions were all over the place. Is… he... is he admitting that he is my mate? Hannah thought, she was really confused. Why didn’t he say anything before?  

    Hannah stared back at JB’s blue-green wolf eyes. She felt like she was staring at the ocean. He’s not controlling his emotions, She thought. Oh god! I hope my wolf eyes aren’t showing! She looked away, knowing that her eyes might expose her feelings. JB looked away too and rubbed his neck.

    Remember Hannah, your promise. She cleared and looked everywhere and anywhere except his face. Awkwardly, she spoke up, “Uh… I uh… like the smell of caramel too…” She blushes uncontrollably. Hannah can feel her cheeks getting hot and quickly looked away again. Hannah! Get it together! She thought.   

~♡~

    JB couldn’t help but shyly smile as he saw Hannah’s blush. Her reaction made him feel like he was at the top of the world. He couldn’t think straight. His heart was pounding and the smell of caramel intoxicated him. The fact that she was in his room on his bed made him go crazy. Even so, he didn’t know what to say.

Seconds passed in awkward silence. Hannah was still looking away, but JB wanted to see her face again. JB! I think you’re making her uncomfortable. Talk to her! Ask if she’s your mate! Confirm it! He tried to muster up all his courage.

“Are you…” He started. Hannah’s ears perked up and instinctively her head turned to look at JB. Her left eye shone a striking hue of blue and her right eye with a deep soulful violet. JB melted and got lost into the abyss of her eyes. She’s beautiful. He thought.

Suddenly, Jinyoung came bursting into the room. JB blinked, coming out of his trance and looked at Jinyoung, obviously annoyed. Jinyoung didn’t seem to notice.

“Guys. Something happened to Mark.” Jinyoung said panicking. He was about to say something else, but then realized that JB was just staring at Hannah, who was seated on JB’s bed. Jinyoung became a little flustered. “Are you guys… did I interrupt something?” He asked. Hannah looked down at JB’s bedsheet and JB nervously let out a laugh.

“NO… I mean no… umm… we were just talking that is all.” Jaebum said rubbing his neck once again out of nervousness.

“Ah, okay...” Jinyoung said, as he made his way outside. He looks back, seeing that the two of them aren’t moving. “Sooo… are you guys going to go?” he asks.

“Yeah, I’ll be there in a second.” JB answered. With that Jinyoung shrugged his shoulders and headed outside again. Once he was gone, JB turned around to face Hannah. “Hey… Hannah… uh. So. should we talk? No, we should definitely talk. Maybe later? Because you know, we kind of have to go...” He said awkwardly. Hannah looked at him.

“Uhm… Sure…” She said with a straight face. They didn’t move from their positions. JB once again forced himself to talk.

“L-Ladies first,” he said, motioning towards the door. Hannah got up from JB’s bed awkwardly and quickly moved outside with her head down. JB caught a whiff of her caramel smell when she moved passed him. He sighed, his stupid in-love smile flashing.

~♡~

When they entered the living room they saw all of the guys gathered around Mark, who at was sitting on the sofa with his hands covering his head. “Hey Mark, are you okay?” Kyungmi asked, worry evident in her voice.

Mark didn’t say anything and just shook his head. He tried to open his eyes, but the world seem to be spinning too fast for him to do so. He groaned, obviously uncomfortable. He felt harsh thumping in his head, making him squeeze his eyes more tightly. A werewolf might feel more alive when they’re outside during a full moon, but the after effects of being outside on a full moon was almost unbearable for any wolf. The prince was no exception.

“Wait, I’ll bring you a glass of water.” Hannah said and made her way towards the kitchen. JB watched her leave the room. His heart sank, feeling empty. Stupid. She’s going to go back. Why are you so emotional? Alphas are not supposed to be like this. He thought.

Jackson broke the silence. He could see the worry in everyone’s face as they saw their oldest hyung in pain. “So Mark do you think you can tell us what happen last night?” Jackson asked trying to be gentle as to not make Mark’s headache worse. Hannah came back, gently placing her hand on Mark’s back, helping him sit up. Mark received the glass of water and muttered a thanks. However, JB was on the edge when he saw Hannah touch Mark like that. What the heck. Mark is your friend JB! He felt so stupid.

Mark groaned after taking in a big gulp of water. He leaned back on the sofa’s backrest. “I don’t know man. One moment I was here, and the next thing I knew, I woke up on a bus stop bench near here.” He answered closing his eyes once again. Something was up, because they all knew that Mark would never act this way. Actually, no wolf in their right mind would think about going outside on a full moon. Everyone glanced at each other, except for Mark who was really tired, and Hannah who was avoiding eye contact with a certain someone.

“Okay, get some rest hyung. You need it.” Youngjae said getting up from the floor.

“BamBam, Yugyeom, Youngjae, go help Mark upstairs. Make sure he doesn’t pass out,” Jinyoung said. “Also, go get ready for school. It’s a Thursday.” The three pouted but nodded anyway.

“Hyung, let’s go,” Yugyeom said. Mark nodded and they went up.

Jinyoung looked at who was left and said, “I’m going to the kitchen and store all the food I made last night,” He walks away. Everyone nodded in agreement and left except for Kyungmi, Jackson, Hannah and Jaebum. But honestly JB could care less if Jinyoung left. He was too preoccupied with stealing glances at Hannah. He didn’t like seeing Hannah look so worried, especially if it didn’t have to do with him. JB had to admit that he didn’t like this selfish side of himself, but he also couldn’t deny his feelings too. Now I understand Jackson a little bit more… which is actually weird... He thought. He glanced at Jackson who was holding Kyungmi in his arms casually. JB got a little jealous. I can’t even hold Hannah like that… He thought. Speaking of her, he glanced at Hannah who was looking up towards the stairs. I still need to talk to her… Jaebum thought. Come on JB, you can do it! Just do it!Talk to her! You already did remember? Come one it’s easy… He filled himself with confidence and approached Hannah. “Ummm… can… can we talk?” Just like that his confidence vanished leaving him stuttering in front of whom he thought was the most beautiful person in the world. Also, not to mention Jackson and Kyungmi, who was now looking at him with curious eyes. Wow, here you go JB, once again with your stuttering! He mentally slapped himself. Kyungmi turned to Jackson and whispers something in his ear. Jackson looks at JB and then back to Kyungmi and shrugs. JB knew they were talking about him but he dismissed his anger. Right now he has something more important to discuss about. He nervously smiled at her and Hannah nodded awkwardly. Again silence followed, and it didn’t help that Kyungmi and Jackson were staring at them.

Kyungmi cleared and said, “So, uh. I’m going to go get ready for school. Jackson, go help Jinyoung out in the kitchen. Packing all that food is time consuming and he has school too.” Kyungmi nudged Jackson to get up.

“Yeah! Okay… uh I will help Jinyoung,” He said. The two got up, leaving Hannah and JB by themselves. JB internally thanked Kyungmi. Thank you. You’re the best sister in the world.

Jaebum looked at Hannah again. “Let’s go outside,” He said. When Hannah didn’t move, JB reached out his hand. Hannah looked at it and up to him. She rose from the sofa, leaving him hanging. JB was a little taken aback, but nonetheless, he made his way towards the backyard.

~♡~

It was early in the morning, and the sun began to rise into the horizon.The morning sun made the scenery look bright and colorful. A blanket of light green grass spread all the way until it reach the border line of the trees, just where the forest started. And along that border flowers of each kind sprang decorating the forest floor. She hadn’t been here before and was awed at the beautiful sight. “Isn’t it beautiful?” Jaebum asked startling Hannah. She didn’t forget that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter