Chapter 1

If We Can Love Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hannah’s eyes opened wide, and her ears twitched. She can hear the gnashing teeth and the loud barks and growls outside her window. Oh my god, it’s happening! She thought. She threw her blanket off and jumped off of her bed, she almost lost her balance as she landed right in front of her closet’s door. As she opened it her eyes twirled as she saw all of her clothes in a huge mess.

“Where is it… duffle bag where are you?!” Her hands trembled as she rummaged through her floor full of clothes. Now, regretting all those times she let herself procrastinate. “Shoot. I should’ve made my closet cleaner…”

“Hannah!” The door of her room slammed open revealing a beautiful, but distraught middle aged woman.

“Mom! I can’t find it!” Hannah acknowledged her, but didn’t stop her search. Her mom hurriedly got on her knees and started helping her.

“I told you to be organized! Now look. You could’ve left ages ago!” Her mom’s violet eyes flashed in the darkness. Hannah stopped.

“But I shouldn’t be even finding this stupid duffle bag to escape! I should be out there helping dad fight! They need me!” Her mom pulled out a jet black duffle bag from the pile of clothes on the floor. She looked at Hannah worriedly and sighed.

“Han, We talked about this. That’s exactly why you need to escape. Our clan needs you to survive. You’re THE future of this clan. You can’t get hurt.” Hannah bit her lip, trying to suppress the urge to cry. She knew her mom was right, but she hated the fact that her clan members were laying down their lives in order to keep their princess alive.

Hannah’s mom kissed her forehead. “I love you, my Hannah. Be strong.” Hannah embraced her mom again.

“I don’t want to leave you all by yourself.” Hannah’s voice started to shake, and at this point, her whole body was trembling with fear, anger and anxiety.

“But I won’t be by myself. I have your father and the clan. Hurry! Go now! I have to join them once I see you off!” Hannah’s mom helped carry her up to her feet. “Oh! And swallow these,” She grabbed two pills from inside her pocket, “they’ll mask both of your scents, royal and wolf. You’ll be incognito for three days. Only your white fur can give your bloodline away so don’t change into a wolf! No matter what! Those pills are extremely rare, so instead I got you more pills that will hide just your royal scent. It’s in the bag,” Hannah’s mom said while quickly dragging her out of her room, and across the hallway. They stop in front of a painting of a regal looking white wolf with a golden title that said, “King Hamilton, 1545-1650”.

“This is it. You know the way. I’m going to miss you, baby girl.” Hannah lowered her eyes and pushed a button on the palace wall, revealing a tunnel that leads to the back of the palace.

Hannah hugged her mother for a brief moment, sniffing in the comforting scent of hers, which calmed her nerves a bit. “Go now mom, they need you.” Hannah managed to whisper as breaking off the hug and stepping away from her mom. Her mom nodded.

Hannah saw the woman in front of her change into a magnificent white wolf. The wolf’s violet eyes shone with anguish, not wanting her baby girl to leave. Hannah kept her eyes on the wolf’s as she stepped into the secret passageway. The door closed quickly, and she could no longer see her mother’s comforting violet eyes.

After staring at the closed door for a while she turned around and saw the darkness before her. Her keen wolf eyesight allowed her to see even in pitch dark, but she was still scared of it. To Hannah darkness meant uncertainty, and she loathes the feeling of not being able to foresee her opponent's move. Be strong. Her mom said. That's right Hannah. You can do this. She thought. Hannah breathed in deeply, closed her eyes and exhaled slowly. She slowly took one step, and another one. That's right one step at a time.

~♡~

“Ladies and gentlemen, We'll be arriving in Seoul in five minutes.” Once again, Hannah's eyes opened wide. It took her a moment to analyze her surroundings and realize that she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter