Chap 15

Half Moon (Before Cross road)

PoV Author 

Taecyeon was silent for a moment, cleared his throat and began to hum a melody.


"Do you know this song?"

He asked suddenly and Minjun nodded.

"Yes, that song sang Seulong when i was sleeping"

Taecyeon was speechless, that song was the one that Minjun sang to him the first time.

"But I don't  understand what that has to do with my question."

Minjun leaned on the table and looked at Taecyeon directly.

"I don't think so. No, that time on the bridge was the first time we met."

Taecyeon's chest ached, he wanted to tell him the truth about his feelings, but he didn't want to frighten and drive Minjun because he would feel he was dead.

"So when we were at sea, why did you say "the Minjun i knew"?"

Taecyeon swallowed the tears and cleared his voice again.

"Because, that day in the river, when you had an attack I realized that you must be very brave"

Minjun didn't  believe Taecyeon's words much, but let him pass.

"We can go out? I want to know the sea at night."

They walked in the sand in silence under the night full of stars, side by side.

"I have a strange feeling."

Minjun sat on the sand looking up at the sky and invited Taecyeon to sit beside him

"Shall we go back to the hotel?"

Taecyeon asked worried but Minjun refused

"I mean, when I'm with you ... there's a strange feeling in my heart."

Their gazes met and Minjun smiled subtly.

"It's a nice night, it's not the same to see the stars from the room"

Minjun sank his hands into the sand and made a hole.

"Oh, a colored stone."

Minjun lifted the stone and set it against the moonlight.

"It looks like a star"

Taecyeon didn't respond to any of Minjun's words just thinking.

"Do you love Seulong?"

He asked suddenly and Minjun looked at Taecyeon clutching the stone in his hand.

"If I didn't, why be with him? Of course I love him, he is a good person and he was always by my side"

Minjun took Taecyeon's hand and placed the stone in his hand.

"Take it as a thank-you for helping me walk again."

Taecyeon took the stone and nodded.

"You know, Seulong is a person I owe too much and he loves me very much."

His hands were still together when Taecyeon pulled his hand and kissed him, hugged his neck with his free hand and Minjun's lower lip that was still in shock.

PoV Minjun

My hands didn't move, all I heard was the beat of my heart beating my chest. This kiss was warm and strong and although I felt good, this was wrong.

No, this shouldn't happen, Seulong ... he does not deserve this.

I pulled Taecyeon away little by little and looked into his eyes, something hit my heart when I saw his eyes; They were full of tears.

"I'm sorry, Minjun, I couldn't help it"

We watched for a long time as if trying to decipher our feelings until he released my hand and rose.

"We have to go back to the hotel"

I was not sure if it was okay to leave it like this, without speaking. It was so fast, when I met Seulong after waking I made sure to carry out the plan that destiny had for me, I thought that nothing bad would happen since he already loved me and would only love him too. However, this man made me awake the very moment he was near, since that time in the river I knew that there was something deeper here.

I thought about this, lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling with the feel of his sweet kiss.

"Minjun"

This reminded me of that time in my room, when I heard someone call me. The same day I woke up, there was no doubt that it was the same voice but at that time I still didn't know it. How could I have heard it?

"There is a message"

I looked at my phone and opened the notification, there was a message from Seulong.
 

"I'm sorry darling, I have not been able to call all day. I hope you are sleeping well while I am not to sing to your ear but do not worry because I will work hard to get to you soon.
With love

I smiled at the message. It was always that way, saying what he did and always expressing his love.

He was with me while he slept. Wooyoung says he never knew what Seulong was doing in my room just heard him talk.

Obviously I don't remember anything about it but when I first got up, I sometimes felt sad and other times some songs came to my mind, Seulong said he was happy because he could remember what he sang for me while im slept. However, that feeling, when he sang, was different in some way. In my mind something told me that

it was not the same, that there was something wrong but sometimes the subconscious is wrong, right?

Slowly the dream was coming to me and I decided to leave all these thoughts frustrating for another day.

PoV Taecyeon

I didn't feel well, Seulong was my best friend in college and Minjun was the person he loved but I couldn't help it. Those words that Minjun said, about feeling indebted to Seulong prompted me to do so, didn't think that maybe Minjun would feel bad about it.

The next day I met Nichkhun at the hotel reception, he seemed very happy when he saw me and made a gesture with his hand to approach me.

"So you're going back to Seoul today?"

He asked me with a smile and I nodded

"I have work to do, I must hand over your brother's manuscript as soon as possible"

"But will you leave without saying farewell to Minjun? He could be sad if you do."

Nichkhun's expression turned serious.

"Nichkhun ssi, Can we talk?"

He accepted and we walked to the hotel bar to have a closer conversation.

"I'm sorry to ask you this, but what happened to Minjun?"

Nichkhun sighed, leaning his elbows on the glass table.

"Minjun has a problem. It is not physical or mental...it is his soul"

I felt in a labyrinth, lost, in the night. What the hell was this guy talking about?

"He needs the soul of another to live. It's like a curse that weighs on him"

For a moment it gave me the feeling that Nichkhun wanted to make fun of me, he was teasing me, but he was very serious so I took it seriously too.

"Hard to understand? I know, I felt the same as you when I found out but in time you start to understand"

"Why are you telling me all this?"

I asked still confused and he sat next to me staring straight into my eyes

"Is there something you should tell me?"

I swallowed, it was not a normal question, it was a demand. I cleared my throat and looked at the glass in my hands.

"Well, this sounds strange. Although no stranger than you said but almost four months and a half Minjun lived in my house, was not a human, I mean... I could only see it when I slept but I could hear it when I was awake. I think it was some kind of ghost or something ... you may not believe me but it's okay I would not believe it if I were you."

I said so quickly that I thought he had not understood a single word of what I said, however he smiled and nodded sipping his beer.

"If I believed Wooyoung, I can believe you. I'm sorry, I'm jealous Haha I'm his younger brother and I can't see him when it's in that form, that a stranger does it, always bothered me. Anyway, I realized that there was something more between my brother and you but it is obvious that he doesn't remember anything, he never does. However I can see it in hyung's eyes, it has a different look when it comes to you."

I smiled, it made me feel good, someone who understood me.

"I, Wooyoung, don't seem to please him."

I said a little more comfortable and Nihckhun laughed

"Well, it's actually like that. He always worries about Minjun, that's why he's worried that you could interfere with Seulong and their relationship" 

My heart received an instant hit, I hated to have to hear the word "Relationship" right now.

"But I think you're more than just an interference. Joining the loose ends, it is strange that you, who for some reason cohabited and can see my brother in his spiritual form be friends with Seulong. I thought of all the possible reasons but the only one I found rational was that you were the bridge between Seulong and Minjun but it still seems that something is missing."

"But what does Seulong have to do with all this?"

I asked without being able to contain my curiosity, this was beginning to take shape.

"Did you see the hyung ring? It is assumed that that ring is the salvation of Minjun and his soul in one small part, the person carrying the other ring will be the other half of Hyung. Seulong has that ring"

There was a crash inside me, I had just lost all hope. Minjun was not for me, it was clear and I knew it but, why did I want to cling? I got up and left the bar without saying anything, at any moment everything was going to explode inside me, I didn't look where I was walking when I stumbled against someone.

"I'm sorry"

I said softly as I looked up and saw Minjun in front of me with a worried gesture

"Why are you...crying?"

I ran my hand down my cheek, tearing away the tears that came and walked away from Minjun.

Pov Minjun

I woke up early in the morning with the sun coming into my room. Someone knocked on the door before entering and revealing a smiling Seulong.

"Hi babe, How did you sleep?"

He kissed me lightly and then shook my hair.

"Where's your chair?"

He then asked and I remembered that Seulong still didn't know the good news

"I don't need it"

I said smiling and he frowned. I stood up, still a little unsure, and walked towards him with his surprised look.

"Baby, you ..."

He didn't say anything else because he hugged me and kissed me with tears in his eyes.

"Welcome"

I whispered once we parted and he nodded.

"We must celebrate this. A GREAT celebration, we have to go down and have a drink."

He said clinging to my waist and I nodded.

We went downstairs while telling him how I could walk again thanks to the help of Taecyeon and how he ended up being my editor in chief.

"It's a small world, huh?"

I said when someone stumbled against me and I saw that it was Taecyeon.

"I'm sorry"

He said quietly looking up, I could see his eyes fill with tears that soon slid down his cheeks.

"Why are you...crying?"

There was a slight pain in my heart when I saw this so the words were cut between. He wiped his cheeks and continued his way at a rapid pace, almost running.

"What happened?"

Seulong asked, looking in the direction of the bar. I was surprised, my heart felt a hole in its center and without thinking twice I turned to follow in his footsteps when Seulong stopped me by the arm.

I didn't know what to say and only freed myself from his grip with the free hand running behind Taecyeon, I didn't know if Seulong followed me because I didn't look back.

As I ran for Taecyeon I thought of our kiss, it was so different the feeling that had their lips on mine. I looked around, searching among the people for his great figure but there was no result; I kept searching when I got to the beach and I saw him saying something under his breath and then raised his hand as if to throw something into the sea. A flash helped me realize that what was about to throw was the stone I gave him the night before.

"Wait!"

I shouted running to him, I realized he stopped staring at me. I couldn't measure the speed at which I was going and I ended up crashing against him, I hugged his chest  to avoid falling and gasped trying to catch my breath.

POV Taecyeon

"Goodbye  Minjun"

I whispered to the stone in my hand and prepared to throw it to the sea along with my absurd feelings.

"Wait!"

That voice averted my gaze, Minjun ran towards me until it hit my chest and clung to him.

"Don't do it"

He whispered against me and my heart beat so hard it hurt, I couldn't accept this because it was not me who could save Minjun.

"Don't walk away again"

He said panting, I took his shoulders and looked straight into his crystallized eyes

"What have you said?"

I asked almost astonished and he looked at me with the same expression of strangeness.

"I don't know why I said that but... right now... my heart..."

He said blinking fast but still clinging to the sleeves of my shirt

"It's okay, Minjun, you don't have to explain anything"

Even though I wanted to hear what he had to say, it was not worth it. I couldn't allow myself to love him when I could do nothing for him, to harbor hope would only be problematic for him and painful for me.

"No Taecyeon... I want to tell you this again. There's a strange feeling when I see you and I'm close to you, I want to hold you and never get away from you anymore... that's what my heart feels when it comes to you. I don't know if it's love or whatever, but I feel it in me."

I felt his fingers close in the sleeves of my shirt and his eyes filled with tears; My heart was also tight, my eyes also expelled tears but I still couldn't accept it.

"I'm sorry Minjun"

My voice was shaking, I couldn't accept his feelings despite everything I wanted to do. I couldn't bear to see him suffer without being able to help, no, I couldn't .

"I don't deserve to be with you, Minjun. I'm not for you and you know that ... because Seulong ... he's the only one who can be with you."

Despite how much these words hurt in my heart, I clung to say them. His fingers loosened the grip on me and his arms fell to his sides but his gaze was still against me

"Nichkhun told me everything, Minjun. I can't afford to hurt you because I can't save your soul nor break the curse to help you... I'm sorry Minjun"

I opened the palm of my hand to give him back the stone he gave me, but he closed it again with both hands and shook his head.

"You're right ... I shouldn't do this, right? So save this, it's a gift. It is my thanks, don't throw it. Please."