AL 8

Abrupt Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**WARNING: Very long, make sure you're not busy, cause it might take you some time to read this. And you might want to grab some popcorn or drinks or anything while reading this. Thank you.**

 

Days seemed to have passed by so fast that it's already the fashion week. Gladly, Taeyeon and her team finished the designs on time and her models are finally complete. Since the start of the week, Taeyeon had been out in the scene, going from show after show after show of the other designers. Indeed, her week had been busy up to the moment. Her show landed on a Thursday which she was thankful for since she was left some time to prepare more. Her Wednesday and Thursday are full packed for the rehearsal and the show itself. Taeyeon was grateful to have Luna and the rest of her team with her to make all of the things possible and easier for her for this important week. Other than that, the wedding preparation had been going smoothly as well. Great thanks to Krystal, they're only waiting for the outfits to be produced and the wedding day itself for it to be finish. Thankfully, her mother agreed to have the wedding on a Saturday, leaving her with some time to actually prepare for it and to rest a bit from the fashion week. She had also finally talked to Jessica, and her friend gladly agreed to design and produce Taeyeon's wedding gown with the help of Tiffany and of course, Key. Although she gave a design, she also let her friends and her cousin the freedom to add or remove a detail or two.

          Taeyeon had been up so early for today. Glancing at the wall clock that showed 4:28am, she quickly pulled herself up from her bed even if her body seemed so heavy. Picking up her phone while yawning, she saw that she forget to reply back to Baekhyun. I might have fallen asleep. She thought.

FROM: Byun Handsome

               Tomorrow? Nothing really, ill be at home as usual why? Youll have the rehearsal for the show right? Hey it's almost 2 in the morning arent u going to sleep yet?

          Looking back at their conversation, she saw her message before that she had ask him if he's going to do something for today. Well I said tomorrow but that technically means today. The two had been texting each other since the last time they saw each other which was almost a week ago, when they went to check on the venue. It was Baekhyun who first messaged and who most of the time initiates a conversation and Taeyeon was the one who forgets to reply, not really always, but mostly. I'm busy, you all know that. One given example was this particular scenario. Well that, obviously I fell asleep, so that's forgiven.

       TO: Byun Handsome

               I fell asleep im sorry hehehe well nothing i was just curious and yep thats why im up this early TT good morning btw!

         Knowing he might still be sleeping since it's still quite too early, she placed her phone back on her night table and went out of her room. And yes, she haven't changed his name on her contacts though she was intending to, but can't seem to even think about it with all of her activities. But at the moment, she could really care less about it, so she's leaving it as it is. Proceeding to the kitchen, she went to make herself some sandwiches and a bowl of cereal. After so, she cleaned her dishes and went to her room to get changed. She has to leave by five-thirty and will be picked up by her team so she quickly readied herself. She comfortably put herself on a pair of black sweatpants with a pink large stripe on each sides, a tanktop, and the pants' matching black jacket which inner color is pink as well. She put on her sneakers and packed herself a pair of comfy slippers in case. As if on cue, once she was ready, a doorbell came in. Knowing it's Luna, she quickly gathered her stuffs and ran towards the door.

          As soon as she opened it, she saw Luna down on the porch waiting for her. "Good morning unnie!" She greeted cheerfully. 

          "Good morning to you too!" Taeyeon greeted back as she lock the door close. "I see you had a good start of the day." She said as she marched down on the porch to meet Luna. 

          Luna laughed before grabbing some Taeyeon's stuffs to help her. "I only had a few hours of sleep so that's quite impossible." She answered and the two laughed. As soon as they entered the van, Luna handed her a large cup of coffee. "Here, a large coffee for you to help you be awake for the rest of this tiring day." Luna said. 

          Taeyeon let out a soft laugh as she took the coffee from Luna. "Thank you. I needed this." She said before taking a sip on it. Since it was still quite early in the morning for people to start their day, they didn't have a hard time arriving at the venue since the roads were still clear from the crowd. "Wow, I didn't notice our tent looks amazing outside." Taeyeon uttered as she scan the design of their tent while walking towards the back entrance. 

          "The design team worked hard for it!" Luna replied.

          As soon as they entered, they were welcomed by the sight of the models and staffs backstage. As Luna excused herself, Taeyeon proceeded to her room only to be surprised by Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri, and Seohyun who were sleeping soundly on the couch placed inside. Taeyeon sighed as she closed the door behind her. "Good morning," she greeted which caused the four to peek at her. 

          "We're sleeping be quiet!" Sooyoung said before shutting her eyes again. 

          "You better get ready 'cause Luna's gonna call everyone for a company call in a few minutes." Taeyeon said as she took a seat on a chair. 

         Yoona was about to answer, but before she could, the door burst open, revealing someone familiar with a loud voice. "Hello my beautiful friends! Good morning!"

          Being disturbed by the sudden noise, Yuri opened her eyes. "Yah Hwang Miyoung can't you see that we're sleeping?!" She asked, obviously annoyed. 

          Closing the door shut, Tiffany answered. "Duh! Company call will be in a few minutes and you all are still sleeping?" She asked. 

          "We're sleeping can't you see? This pig really..." Sooyoung uttered. 

         Taeyeon on the other hand was laughing as her friends quarrel in front of her. What's new? It's always like a war when you're with these retards. "But seriously, you have to get ready for the company call." She said before sipping on her coffee.

          "Oh, I want to drink coffee as well." Seohyun said as she saw the sight of Taeyeon. 

          "Unnie, buy us coffee in return of waking us up with your loud voice!" Yoona asked—more like instructed—Tiffany. 

          Tiffany just frowned at her. "Why do I have to do that huh?" She asked with her hand on her hips.

        The four girls blabbered unending reasons of why she needs to that only caused Taeyeon to be irritated. "Yah just go buy them what they want." She said to Tiffany as she shooed her away, desperate to get rid of the noise inside the room. Goodness. 

       "Okay fine! I'm buying already! Why do you always make me spend money on your foods." She uttered before grabbing the door open and leaving them all behind. 

          "Because you're rich!" Sooyoung replied, shouting as Tiffany closed the door.

         Soon after, Luna called everyone for a company call just like what Taeyeon and Tiffany said. As soon as Tiffany arrived, she handed the drinks to her friends and hurriedly proceeded to work with Taeyeon. Tiffany have worked for Taeyeon's shows since the beginning. Taeyeon hired her to be the show's stylist wherein manages the outfits, and the styles of hair and make up for each sets or designs. Taeyeon didn't want to waste time to look for her own stylist when Tiffany was just around the corner and was more than willing to take the job offered. Plus, their ideas coordinates given the fact that the two had been friends for a long time which made it easy for Taeyeon's part since she doesn't have to explain herself in a detailed way as they understand each other. As the two immersed theirselves in working the clothes and outfits for the rehearsal later on the day, Taeyeon's phone suddenly buzzed up. Seeing the name on the screen, Taeyeon's sleepiness suddenly vanished in a split second. It's eight, almost nine in the morning why is he calling? Clicking on the green button, she glanced up to Tiffany first who was busy with her own world and work. "Hello," she spoke. 

          Scratching his eye with his free hand, he yawned before answering. "Good morning," he said with his voice sounding sleepy. 

          His voice sounds so... Taeyeon immediately cleared before her thoughts could linger to elsewhere. "Had a good sleep?" She asked instead and she received a little hum as an answer. "What made you call though? It's still early." She asked.

          "Well," he started as he settled himself on the kitchen stool. "I know you're busy in there so replying on my messaged would be impossible, so that's why I called." 

          Taeyeon's brows quirked. "That's all?" She asked. There could be something else why this man called.

          "Well no," he admitted and the two laughed through the other lines. "I was thinking of dropping by there, is it fine?" He asked. 

        Taeyeon's brows once again quirked up in surprise. "Here? Yeah." She answered. Realizing how stupid her answer was, she spoke again. "I mean yes, it's fine." She added. By this time, Tiffany looked up to Taeyeon from her work with a curious look which Taeyeon just ignored. I'll deal with this lady later. 

           "Really? Isn't too busy there?" Baekhyun asked. 

        "Not yet really, I mean things should start to get hectic by the afternoon maybe." She answered and Tiffany gave her a curious look while mouthing 'Who is that?' to her. Taeyeon just raised her one hand and signaled her to wait causing Tiffany to roll her eyes to her.

          "Should I come then?" He asked.

         Taeyeon let out a soft chuckle. Yes you should! She thought, but quickly dismissed it. "I don't know, I mean you can and you can't it's up to you." Taeyeon answered. 

          Baekhyun let out a soft chuckle as well before responding. "Okay then, can you give me the address?" 

        "I'll message it," Taeyeon replied, restraining herself from smiling before Tiffany could question her further about things she doesn't want to talk about. That's the catch of being friends with this lady.

         "Alright then, see you." Baekhyun uttered before ending the call. And as soon as he did, a wide grin appeared on his face and he started his day with a cheerful mood. 

          "Who's that?" Tiffany blurted out as soon as Taeyeon got the phone out of her ear, not really minding if the call was already ended or not. 

          Taeyeon just rolled her eyes to her friend as she message Baekhyun the address. "It's Baekhyun," she simply answered. It took quite some time before it had finally registered to Tiffany who Baekhyun is, and when it did, she mouthed a big "oh" before grinning widely. So wide that it could almost reach her eyes from the both sides. Taeyeon furrowed her brows at her friend. "Stop it, you look like an idiot." She uttered. But Tiffany just ignored her and continued on grinning as the two resumed back on their works with Taeyeon scolding her from time to time. 

        It was almost ten when Baekhyun finally left his apartment. He dropped by the town to pick up a few foods for Taeyeon and her friends. Taeyeon mentioned to him on the past days that they were texting and talking each other about her friends' involvment in her show so he thought of bringing them some foods, and also he knew that Taeyeon had been eating her stock of microwavable foods that are not really healthy for her and knowing her, he bet she'd skip lunch time today to focus on her work. Why is that little girl so hard working? To the point where she's overlooking her health already. He thought as he get back to his car. Since he was aware all this time about the fashion week, he didn't have a hard time locating the place. It was finding Taeyeon's tent that took him a little while. But good thing Taeyeon gave descriptions on the message so he could find it easily. Once he did, he picked up his phone and dialed Taeyeon's number. 

          As soon as she returned to the backstage, Taeyeon heard Tiffany screaming. "Kim Taeyeon! You're phone is ringing! It might be your fiancé!" Taeyeon immediately ran before Tiffany could even pick up her phone. She has that bad habbit of hers. She could have the guts to yell at her friend for addressing Baekhyun as her fiancé but she's more worried about Tiffany answering the call than that one. Grabbing her phone, her friend was indeed right as she saw Baekhyun's name on the screen. "Hey," she greeted. 

          "Hey, I'm already here. Well, I guess this is your tent." Baekhyun said as he scanned the tent's design, checking if he got the right one. 

          "Alright, I'll pick you up." She said before ending the call. 

          Before she could even turn away, Tiffany spoke. "What? He's here?" She asked. Taeyeon only nodded her head as a response before grabbing an I.D pass on the table for Baekhyun and walking outside of the tent. She scanned the surroundings and saw none of Baekhyun's sight. She decided to go to the front entrance. As she was just almost halfway, she already saw him standing near the entrance. She waved both of her hands in the air to him so he could see her. After a few attempts, he finally noticed her and when he did, he smiled to her and started walking towards her. 

          Once they met, they greeted each other. "Sorry for the way I look, I didn't want to bother dressing up." Taeyeon said after.

          Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head. "It's fine. You look cute." He answered, giving a small smile to her.

         Taeyeon was, of course, caught off guard. She wasn't expecting it and she felt like all her blood was rushing towards her face. So she cleared and changed the conversation instead. "What's that in your hand?" She asked, pointing at the bags on his right hand.

          "Oh, since it's almost lunch time, I thought of bringing some foods for you and your friends." Baekhyun said as he lifted the bags to show it to her.

        Taeyeon handed him the I.D which Baekhyun took it without any questions. "You shouldn't have bothered, the team prepared a lunch for everyone." She said as they started walking towards the backstage entrance. 

          "Knowing you, you'll probably going to skip lunch." Baekhyun uttered. Taeyeon didn't say anything but just glared at him which Baekhyun replied only with a laugh.

          Since the backstage was still almost empty, since everyone were still outside for a briefing for the show, with only a few staffs inside arranging the place, Taeyeon didn't have to worry about questions from everyone of who is Baekhyun. In all honesty she haven't really prepared herself for that kind of question. Once inside the two went straight to Taeyeon's place and were greeted by the sight of Tiffany, who was facing them backwards as she put on he finishing touches to the outfits she already prepared and styled. "Hey Tiff," Taeyeon called out, causing Tiffany to turn around and face them. "Tiffany, this is Baekhyun and Baekhyun, this is Tiffany one of my friends." Taeyeon introduced the two with each other. 

          Baekhyun offered a hand to Tiffany, and as she reached out to take it, she spoke. "Aren't you..." she trailed off as she remembered him from the day Taeyeon told her and Jess on her boutique about the marriage. He was checking on some gowns with a girl that time! 

          "Yep, that's him." Taeyeon immediately answered when she understood what Tiffany meant. 

          Tiffany looked at her as she let go of Baekhyun's hand with her brows raised. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked. 

          "I forgot to, and I'm busy you know." Taeyeon answered. 

          Tiffany then just shrugged her shoulders when she realized that her friend was right. "Well then, since I'm done here I'll leave you two alone for a while." Tiffany said with a smile on her face as she picked up her papers from the floor. 

          "Aren't you going to join us? I brought some foods with me." Baekhyun said as he lift the bags on his hand to show her. 

          Tiffany halted and faced them with her brows raised. "Food?" She asked. Well she was not going to deny that her ear rang when she heard the word 'food'. I'm hungry, you can't blame me.  

           Taeyeon and Baekhyun laughed at Tiffany's reaction. "Yeah, I brought enough for you girls." Baekhyun said. 

          "Oh I would really love to join you two, but I'm needed out there. I'll get back on you two a little later!" She said before waving goodbye to the two.

         As they settle on the table with the foods, Baekhyun spoke. "Oh, five of my friends are coming to watch tomorrow. Where can I get the tickets?" He asked. It was already given—and obvious that Baekhyun would be invited on her show. Mom would also kill me if I didn't. But Taeyeon also asked him to invite some of his friends if they wanted to come. 

          Taeyeon shook her head. "No need to. The tickets costs too much. I'll give you guys invitation so you'll be seated behind the front row and for the after party entrance, and I'll also get you guys a backstage pass so you could enter easily." She said, surprising the man in front of him. 

          "Are you sure? I mean the guys are willing to pay since they're kinda into these things as well." He asked with his brows quirked. Why is she giving so much when she hasn't really met any of them at all. 

          She once again shook her head. "No it's fine. It's nothing." She assured him. 

          "But look at how much that costs as well, wouldn't you benefit from that money?" Baekhyun asked, trying to get her change her mind at least. 

         Taeyeon chuckled as she help Baekhyun take out the foods. "No it's fine! That doesn't really matter. That's just money." She said. Baekhyun just stared at her in awe. He was in awe of how good kindhearted she is. Taeyeon glaced at him and caught him staring at her. She raised her brows to him. "What?" She asked, now taking a seat in front of him. Baekhyun just shook his head with a small smile on his face. "Let's eat now!" Taeyeon said as she started to munch on the salad that Baekhyun brought. 

          As they eat in a comfortable silent, Baekhyun remembered something. "Did your mom call you?" He asked.

          Taeyeon looked up at him and quickly shook her head. "Why? She called you?" She asked as picked up the bottled water on her side.

          Baekhyun nodded. "She said the four of them are coming tomorrow." He said, surprising Taeyeon. So much that she almost chocked herself with the water and almost blew it out of . What did he say?! She thought. "Are you okay?" Baekhyun worriedly asked as Taeyeon started to cough. Taeyeon immediately nod as she search for some tissues on the table. Baekhyun handed her one and she gladly took it. Baekhyun waited for a little while before asking her again."Are you okay?" He asked. 

         Taeyeon nodded. "Yeah I am," she answered. "Wait, did you say that our parents are coming tomorrow?" She asked, making sure she didn't heard the wrong thing. Or maybe it could be wrong, I hope it's wrong. I hope I heard him wrong. Baekhyun just nodded as an answer. "To watch the show?" She asked once again. I'm making sure of something that is obvious, this is crazy. Baekhyun once again just nodded, his eyes looking at her in confusion. "So I didn't heard you wrong?" She asked again. 

        Baekhyun shook his head. "No you didn't," he answered. Taeyeon mouthed an 'oh my god' before slumping down on her seat. Baekhyun quirked his brows. "Why? Is there a problem?" He asked carefully. 

         Taeyeon sighed heavily before sitting up properly. "Well," she started. "My parents never really watched any of my shows ever since." She added. And as soon as the words came out of , it dawned to Baekhyun and realization hit him. That's why. He thought. He remained silent and waited for Taeyeon to speak again. "So that's why, I was so shocked when I heard you say it." Taeyeon uttered, adding a small laugh at the end that she tried hard to come out as a normal one, but sounded bitter otherwise. Ever since the night that they got to know each more, they never really touched on these kind of topics. And neither of them really had the guts to bring it up or ask about it. It looks like they had a mental agreement not to talk about it knowing how sensitive they are and the topics themselves. Given the situation, Baekhyun didn't really know what to say. And Taeyeon thought she would be as well if the positions are switched. Silence started to envelope them. Baekhyun thought that it was better to give Taeyeon the time to think than to say anything. It might just make things worse. As minutes start to pass by, Taeyeon was the one who broke off the silence around them. She highed heavily and smiled at him. "Now I'm more nervous for tomorrow." She said, managing out a laugh after. 

          Baekhyun smiled back to her. "You'll be fine, don't worry. I'm sure my parents will love your designs, especially my mom." He told her, hoping it could make her a little better. He added a genuine smile after to make her sure that he's sincere about it. When Taeyeon didn't say anything back but just raised her brows and smiled at him, he decided to swtich up the conversation and get rid of the unwanted atmosphere around them. "By the way, I believe my dad have already bought a house for us." He said, as he handed her a slice of veggie pizza that he bought. 

          Taeyeon looked at him with her brows quirked. "House? There's that... kind of thing for this?" She asked. Well she thought of the possibilities that they would be living under the same roof but not in a house. She thought of maybe an apartment. Houses are expensive come one! I can't even afford myself one. Though she actually hoped that their parents would allow them to live separately. So oblivious of you Taeyeon. Really. She thought. 

          Baekhyun nodded as he took a bite of his own slice of pizza. "They've been discussing about this for a long time I believe, but didn't tell us right away. I first heard of this during the latest lunch with them. They were talking about it. My only mistake was not asking about it further." He answered. 

          Taeyeon nodded her head in understanding. "So... what should we do then?" She asked, unsure of what to do. It suddenly felt real to her. The upcoming wedding, the marriage itself. It's a lot to take in.

          "They haven't really said anything, but maybe we can move our stuffs there by next week." He answered. As soon as he said it, the realization dawned to Taeyeon. it. We still have to arrange and design the house. She could only sigh as she thought of it. "I know someone who can help us in moving our things and arranging everything for us." Baekhyun as if he heard her thoughts, suddenly added. 

          "Really?" She asked right away, delighted by the thought that she wouldn't need to actually do everything by herself again. Goodness gracious I'm already tired! 

          Baekhyun nodded. "I'll take care of it don't worry. I'll let you know about it." He said. 

        "Oh my god thank you! I don't know what would I do by myself!" She uttered before happily going back to her salad where it's just the modified way of her saying, "I don't know what would I do without you." Nice try Kim Taeyeon! She thought sarcastically. 

         The two continued on the meal while talking about more stuffs about the wedding. It was when Tiffany made her presence felt that the two were interrupted. "Tae they're coming! Prepare your foods!" Tiffany exclaimed as soon as she entered the room. 

        "Oh ," Taeyeon uttered as she shook her head slightly. Tiffany on the other hand, quickly joined the two in eating. I should get eat now before the four could even attack these all. 

          "Who's coming?" Baekhyun asked Taeyeon. But before Taeyeon could even open to answer, the door burst open, revealing her four friends who were busy quarreling with each other. I should've warned Baekhyun about these friends of mine. She thought as she let out a sigh.

         Taeyeon cleared in an attempt to get the attention of her friends. Well, she didn't fail in that. The four stopped with bickering but before Taeyeon could once again speak, Yoona have already noticed the foods on the table. "Oh my gosh foods!" Yoona exclained and hurriedly got herself a salad and a slice of pizza. Oh my god, these four wouldn't really let me speak! The three others followed Yoona and if it wasn't for Taeyeon clearing —again, the four wouldn't stop and look at anything but the food. "Oh, hehe hi unnie!" Seohyun greeted after. 

          "Um, guys this is Baekhyun, Baekhyun this is Yuri, Seohyun, Sooyoung, and Yoona." Taeyeon introduced everyone to each other. 

          Baekhyun politely greeted the girls back while smiling to them. The four girls though, seemed like they've seen a ghost as their eyes rounded in shock when they heard Baekhyun's name. "Wait... Baekhyun..." Seohyun started. "He's Baekhyun?! Your fiancé?!" Sooyoung asked when she remembered the name. 

          The two was both caught off guard when Sooyoung called Baekhyun as Taeyeon's fiancé. Okay, that feels strange. He thought. These girls are so going to be dead later. She thought. Baekhyun could just shyly smile as his response. Taeyeon on the other hand cleared before speaking to the girls. "Yeah he is," she simply answered. 

         "Omo! I'm glad we finally met you! Taeyeon said last time that she finds you cute and—" Taeyeon immediately stood up and covered Yuri's mouth before she could spill something to Baekhyun. These girls talks too much!! I'm seriously going to beat the out of them later!! 

          "Here's your food okay, he brought these for you. Here, here you go. Go eat now and get ready for the rehearsals after. Go go go and shut your mouths please." Taeyeon said instead and gave each of her friends their foods and pushed them out of the room immediately. Tiffany and Baekhyun on the other hand, were laughing at the five of them as the girls complained on why Taeyeon was pushing them out.

         "Yah, I'm gonna keep their company before they do something stupid outside." Tiffany said as she excused herself, bringing her food with her. 

        When they were left alone, Taeyeon heaved a loud sigh before going back to her seat. "I'm sorry abour my friends, they're just really that crazy." Taeyeon said plastering an apologetic smile to Baekhyun. 

          Baekhyun, instead of answering, pulled on a smirk on his face. "So," he started. "I'm cute huh?" He asked, looking at her. 

          Taeyeon stared at him, dumbfounded. Goodness. "Oh my god," she uttered while rolling her eyes. "Please, not you as well." 

          But Baekhyun being the kid that he is didn't stop right there. "So I'm cute?" He asked, now grinning. 

         Taeyeon could only heave a sigh as she started to feel her face heating up in embarrassment. "Please Baek," she pleaded, looking down on her food and much likely avoiding Baekhyun's gaze. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter