AL 4

Abrupt Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was yet a new day for Taeyeon, and like her previous ones, it was of course, a busy day. She was back in the confines of her office after a meeting she held with her staffs, finishing the remaining sketches for the current set that she was working on. It seemed like her days were a form of a cyclical pattern where she would wake up in the morning, proceed to the boutique and her office, finish her designs, go home by the evening, and end the day like what everyone else does. Well she wouldn't really want to have any pattern if she would be asked, though it was beyond exhausting at most times, at least it was what her heart desired to do for the longest run. 

          As she was too immersed on her current work, a soft multiple knocks then came in. Jerking her head up, she spoke. "Come on in,"

          The door swung open, revealing Luna, her personal assistant and secretary. "Hi unnie!" Luna greeted before closing the door behind her.

          The sight of Luna automatically gave a smile on Taeyeon's face. "Hi Luna! It's nice to see you! Have a seat!" She greeted, pointing on the seat available in front of her desk for her to seat into.

          Luna did what she was asked to and settled in front of Taeyeon's desk as she one by one take out the files from her case.

         "So, how is it going?" Taeyeon asked after seating back on her chair, clasping her hands together on top of the desk as she watch Luna and wait for her response.

          "Everything's going great, though I have to discuss a couple of things with you." Luna said as she scanned through her yellow notebook.

          "Tell me," Taeyeon said before taking a sip of her now cold coffee.

         "Well um," Luna started before going back through her notes once again. "The guests! Can I have the list of the guests already so I could start distributing the invitations? Other designers have started distributing theirs." Luna explained.

        "I made a list already, hold on." Taeyeon said, opening the top most drawer of her table and bringing out a few papers. "Though this is not complete yet, but these are the ones we sent an email invitation last week. They have yet to respond though." She said, handing Luna the papers.

          Taking it from Taeyeon, Luna gave her a smile before placing it inside of her folder. "Don't worry about this unnie, I'll take care of it. Just give me the next list if you happen to put down some names again for the guests."

          Taeyeon nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I'll give you a call."

        Luna did the same before going back through her notebook to check if she missed something. "Oh and one more thing, the models!" She uttered after good amount of minutes.

          Taeyeon then quirked her brows at the statement. "What's with them?" She confusingly asked.

          "Well, we are actually having a hard time to get us models since everyone's getting booked for the other shows already." Luna explained.

          Taeyeon nodded her head slowly after as she stared into the air as she listened to Luna. "How many do we need?" She asked.

          Luna glanced down on her notebook and looked back up to Taeyeon. "About half of one-fourth," she answered.

          Taeyeon shut her eyes close and heaved a sigh. "," she uttered as she ran her hands through her locks.

        Luna then gave Taeyeon an apologetic look. Seeing how stressed she is, she could only just apologize for bringing more worries to her. She knew arranging the sets and designing it was stressful enough for her and yet there are more external concerns that were slowly adding up to these pile of stress that Taeyeon was having. "Don't worry unnie, I got this! In fact, I have a few appointments later today with different models!" Luna said in an attempt to ease Taeyeon's worries.

          And it seemed so it worked as Taeyeon sighed silently in relief after. "Okay then. Update me right away about it okay?"

          Luna nodded, her lips curving up into a smile after. "And speaking of, I better get going now unnie." She said, now placing her stuffs back one by one on her case as she prepared herself to leave in a moment.

          Taeyeon noddd her head at Luna. "Alright then, call me if you need anything okay?" She then stood from her seat to send her secretary out.

          Luna followed her and nodded her head vigorously. "I will unnie!" She answered, grinning widely at her after as an assurance.

          As they walked towards the door after, Taeyeon placed an arm over her shoulder. "Take care okay? Call me!" She was glad herself that she got Luna as her assistant. Not only that they've quite known each other since Taeyeon was in college, they nevertheless also shared the same circle of friends.

         "Yes unnie! You too, okay?" Knowing her boss, Luna took the urge before to always remind Taeyeon to take care of herself, knowing that she's not capable enough of doing it as she always wanted to finish everything on time and to always meet the demands with her work.

         Taeyeon just rolled her eyes to her but quickly nodded after as she chortle. When Luna bid farewell to her, she watched until Luna vanished out from her sight and closed the door after, walking back to her desk who was waiting for her with a pile of unfinished sketches. With no more interruptions, she engrossed herself on her duties once more like always. It was when her phone suddenly rang maybe an hour after, that her attention was taken away from her work. She flinched at the sudden noise that her phone emitted. "Goodness," she whispered, her hand placed on her chest as she felt the sudden raise of her heartbeat. Damn, was I too focused on my work that I was this startled because of a ring? 

        She grabbed the phone that was lying on the right side of her desk, not farther away from her cup of coffee, and looked at the caller I.D. Her brows immediately creased down together as she saw the name flashed on the screen. Out of all the time. She heaved an exaggerated sigh before clicking on the green button on the lower portion of the screen before placing the phone on her ear. "Hey mom," she greeted, rather not to enthusiastically.

         Her mother's rather too annoying of a voice rang on her ear as she answered. "Hey sweetie! Good morning!" What's good in the morning if I'm going to be greeted by you? "How are you doing?" Her mom asked. 

         Taeyeon yet heaved another sigh, releasing all of the annoyance in her body that she got just from her mother's greeting to her. "I'm fine. I'm at work, as usual." She replied bluntly.

         "How was the planning going? Have you and Baekhyun started planning the wedding?" Her mom asked in no moment as soon as she finished speaking, rather not really interested on how she was doing in the first place as Taeyeon thought.

          Her lips then curved up into a small smirk, almost letting out a snort after. I knew it. You never called without needing something. "Well, we've discussed things yesterday, but nothing was finalized, we just threw out ideas that we want and stuffs." Taeyeon answered nonetheless.

          Her mom nodded her head with her daughter's answer from the other line as she think of something to ask next.  

        The intention wasn't in Taeyeon to brag to her mother about the research that she did the previous night for the catering services, but she thought it would be the perfect timing to mention it for her mother was addressing her inquiries for the wedding. "I searched up a few catering services last night and took note three of them. I figured out you might want to discuss it when we all meet next time." She uttered with much cautiosness in her voice.

         Her mom would be lying if she would say that this didn't took her by surprise. She knew how her daughter was utterly against the whole idea of arranging her to someone and even to some of her demands to her may it be for their benefit and the company's as well, or just in life generally. She wasn't as hard as a rock as her daughter might perceived it, she could feel. And she strongly felt everything that her daughter was feeling even if no words were spoken or compained to her. "That's good sweetie. And yes, we should discuss that soon with everyone." She uttered. "We also have to duscuss your wedding gown details, before I forgot."

        And just by the mention of it, a bitter sigh escaped from Taeyeon's lips. She knew very clearly that the chances of her doing her own gown would be as low as it could get. After all, her mom surely has bitter feeling of her profession and career. Because it ruined their plans for the company, and more so that it ruined them, their only family. Taeyeon knew she shouldn't have expect more and just accept what was obvious already, but she couldn't help nor control the bitterness and the growing pain inside of her.

         "Well, I should hang up now. I'll call you soon, okay? Love you." Her mom uttered in a second and the line immediately went dead soon after. She didn't bother as she wasn't intending to say goodbye to her mom as well, now that her mood seemed to reached it lowest. 

          She tossed her phone on her desk and slouched on her seat. The whole wedding was causing so much stress on her. Mentally and physically. It was surely destroying her in any way possible, in any way that it could possibly get. 

          It didn't take long until her thought drifted back on her wedding gown. The familiar bitter feeling was back on her chest. So much that she felt like she could even taste it. If one would look at it, it was maybe just a simple thing, after all it was just a wedding gown. But Taeyeon was holding a grudge for it. All along since she was a little girl, she had dreamed of designing and making her own wedding gown in the future. She has always loved drawing and sketching dresses and clothes, and this was very evident to her parents, her mother especially. But she was just a little kid, they said, that was one of the silly things that kids usually wanted to do back then, they said.

          Not only that, she also did dream of having a perfect and lovely wedding that she would never forget as she started to grow older, now out of the clouds on the top of her head when she was a kid who did nothing but to deliver senseless and silly thoughts on her head, as what her mother described and said. 

         And she thought, none of those dreams of her would ever happen anymore. They've been taken away by her own mother from her already. Ironic. How cruel.

        Sighing heavily, she grabbed her phone back, went to her contacts and searched Jessica's name through it. She may not be allowed by her mother to do her own gown but she wouldn't let it slip out of her hands just like that. If she couldn't do her gown, maybe her friend at least could do it for her instead. Like what she had always thought before when she was younger.  

          But before she could even ring her friend up, a sudden realization dawned to her. Oh , I haven't told the girls about this.

          And her world seemed to have stopped at that exact moment. Dammit. Can my life get anymore nicer?

         She knew she had to go through her friends first before she could talk this out with Jessica. There were so many things happening around her that this one slipped off her mind already as days passed by. 

          After a good amount of time of thinking, she opened their group chat and left a message. 

 

Hey girls!! ^^

 

          Soon after, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung appeared online. 

 

Kim Choding: Hey there Taeng!!

Shikshin Choi: Hello little Taengoo!! Hehe ^^v 

 

   After which, the girls slowly followed the two and left their own greetings and messages.

 

Sungyu: RISE AND SHINE GIRLS WHOM I LOVE THE BUTTS! 

KkabYul: Can you stop being a ert even for once shorty? -_- 

Shikshin Im: WHAT IS GOING ON UNNIES?! I MISS YOU ALL! ㅠㅠ

Maknae: Hello unnies! Good morning! :D 

Miyoung: HELLO BEAUTIES!! :* 

Shikshin Choi: Where's Jess?? 

Sooyeon: WHAT CHAOS IS THIS?????

KkabYul: There she is 

Home fairy Taengoo: GIRLS! Is everyone in the country? 

 

          And the group chat was then followed by an eight 'Yes' or 'Yep' or 'Yeah'; and soon after that, it was followed by a series of 'Why' and other questions. 

 

Home fairy Taengoo: Nothing hehe can we meet later? At the dorm? Maybe around 6pm? Im just going to say something hehe

Kim Choding: OH YEAH BABY I'M GOING 

Sungyu: Are we having drinks??!! 

Miyoung: DRINKS YOU SAID?? CALL! 

Sooyeon: Hey y'all im calling this a slumber party 

Maknae: What is it that you're going to say though Taeng unnie? 

 

     Taeyeon then panicked. She was totally not prepared to tell the whole marriage thing about the girls since she alone was surprised and overwhelmed enough about it. 

 

Home fairy Taengoo: I'll just tell it later hehehe ^^

 

         On the other hand, Tiffany and Jessica quite sensed what was the sudden meeting will be about, but they kept silent as they don't want to go against what Taeyeon has planned. 

 

Kim Choding: I'LL SEE YOU LATER GIRLS I GOTTA GO LOVE LOVE LOVE <3 <3 

 

         And their group chat soon fell silent. Taeyeon was quite glad the girls didn't further ask her about what will she say. I've got few more hours to prepare myself. She thought as she set down her phone on her desk and proceeded back to her work. 

***

          By four in the afternoon, Taeyeon decided to wrap up her work for the mean time and leave already. The girls left messages on the group chat and asked her to pick up a few drinks as well with the others and foods to munch later. She could only just laugh knowing how much her friends spend so much money for food alone. 

         After fixing her things, she left the place and proceeded to buy everything that she was asked to and that she needed to buy for the "slumber party" as what Jess has called this gathering. 

        It was almost six when she finally arrived at the dorm, and as soon as she stepped inside, she heard her friends' loud voices ringing inside togetehr with the barks of their dogs. Why are my friends so loud? "I'm here!" She announced as she made her way to the living room where everyone was gathered. 

          "There she is!" Sooyoung called out, opening her arms wide as she welcomed Taeyeon. 

          Taeyeon laughed at her friend's reaction as she settled down the boxes of pizza and cans of beer she bought awhile ago. "Oh yes pizza!" Yoona exclaimed out of excitement. 

          "Did you get our favorites?" Yuri asked. 

         Taeyeon snorted at her friend's question. "Of course." She proudly answered. "Like what? We've been ordering that flavors for years how could I not." She slumped her body down on the couch after, heaving a sigh as soon as her body made contact with the soft cushions of the couch.

          Everyone settled there and checked on each other's lives as they waited for the other girls to arrive. And as they were in the middle of listening to Yoona and her story that she was telling, a sudden loud voice entered the room, stopping everyone from what they were doing. "We're here!" 

       They couldn't help but to grunt in annoyance of how loud the voice was. "The noisy pig is here!" Yoona shouted and their dogs barked after, making the other girls to laugh their lungs out with the hilarious conincidence.

        "Yah Yoona! I told you to stop calling me pig already!" Tiffany complained as soon as she revealed herself to the living room with Jessica following behind her. 

          "But you are a pig though." Jessica answered casually from behind her, earning a laugh from everyone except Tiffany who just looked at their friend in disbelief and soon narrowed her eyes at her. 

         "Yah you! After asking me to pick you up and to feed you, you're saying that to me?!" Tiffany exclaimed as she stood there before the girls who were laughing at her endlessly.

           But before Jessica could even utter a retort back at their friend, Seohyun butted in already and stopped everyone like the obedient maknae that she was. "Okay, okay let's better settle down unnies!"

          Hyoyeon then clapped her hands at Seohyun shortly after. "As expected, from our referee!" She uttered in a proudly manner, earning pits of laughters from all. 

          The girls then did settle down after, finally arranging the foods that they bought on the center table of the living room. As they nestle on the comfortable couch with each other, the girls continued with their paused catching up moment before Tiffany and Jessica arrived.  And as they started munching on the foods as well, the girls listened to each others' stories from the time that they've been away from each other due to the demands of life and their jobs. They shared stories of their works, and even travels which they all enjoyed listening to. For the time being, it felt like they were back in their youth. Their works didn't matter at all, it was just them enjoying the moment that it did. It was astonishing for everyone how much comfort being like this together brought to each and everyone of them. It definitely was like when they were in college and would mostly spend their weekend nights like this, together.

          As they were busy listening to their own stories, it was until the spotlight was directed to Taeyeon that they remembered the main purpose of the gathering. "Ah Taeng unnie, you said you're gonna tell something to us. What is it?" Yoona asked. 

          Sunny then turned to Taeyeon after. "Oh yeah right! What is it?" She followed.

       Taeyeon then swallowed, feeling a sudden panic rushing all over her body. "Well," she started. "Um, I was going say that," she added and cleared . "That..." She found it ridicilous how she didn't practice or even thought of this while the girls were busy sharing their stories. You had so much time Taeyeon. And she thought maybe she wasn't really prepared for this moment, at all. 

         Now the girls threw her a concerned look. "What is it Taeng?" Yuri asked, giving a little encouragement to Taeyeon as she noticed the sudden change on her. 

         Taeyeon battled in her head wether to tell it straightforwardly, or start in the beginning on how things happned. But then she thought, if she'll ever do the latter, she knew she'd probably would probably lose the guts to tell them the real matter in here. So chooing her first option, Taeyeon took a deep breath before speaking. "That," She sighed. "I'm getting married." She blurted out. 

        As soon the words rang out of , silence immediately filled the room, the girls—except Tiffany and Jessica—stared at her with widened eyes, blinking countlessly as they process what just came out of Taeyeon's mouth. "Wait, what?" Sooyoung asked, leaning forward as if she heard the wrong thing and afraid that she might get it wrong  again if Taeyeon would repeat it. Obviously, none of the girls were believing what she had just say. 

         Taeyeon sighed. She knew exactly that her friends would react in this way. "I said, I'm getting married." She slowly repeated, to make everyone sure that they didn't got the wrong thing earlier. 

           "What?!" The girls all exclaimed, except Tiffany and Jessica, which took them quite a time to actually procees.

          "How did this happen? Do you actually have a boyfriend?" Sunny asked in confusion.

          "Were you keeping things from us unnie?" Seohyun asked.

          "So what, are you enagaged or what?" Yuri asked.

          ", this is confusing the hell out of me." Hyoyeon uttered before massaging both of her temples after.

          Taeyeon then placed a hand on her forehead and massaged it slightly as the situation was getting too much for her to handle. I never knew this could be this stressful. "Girls, it's an arranged marriage okay? So calm down." But instead to clear things out for them, the girls once again gave her a questioning and confused look.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter