AL 5

Abrupt Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yeol seriously, I need to go now." Baekhyun uttered for the nth time to Chanyeol who was on the other line let out a sigh as he stood in front of the mirror to check himself. 

         "Why are you such in a hurry by the way? You've been saying that since the time you picked up my call dude." Chanyeol asked, confused by the way his friend was acting all of a sudden.

          "Nothing, I just really need to go now." Baekhyun answered, more like repeated the words he had been saying earlier to his friend. 

          "I'm asking you why idiot!" Chanyeol retorted back, tired of hearing the exact same words from his friend. 

        Baekhyun heaved a heavy sigh loudly. "I'm meeting my parents for a dinner later and I'm currently getting read just so you know." He answered, moving away from the mirror and walking towards his closet again to pick a new outfit. 

        Chanyeol on the other line, then got the idea and made a silent 'oh' after Baekhyun spoke. "So you're going to meet her right? Your wife?" He asked—more like teased as he was smirking when he spoke. 

          Baekhyun halted, obviously was caught off guard with what Chanyeol have said. Wife. He couldn't make out a response to his friend. How did he guess that? I didn't even mentioned anything regarding about that.

          "I'm taking that as a yes," Chanyeol said, grinning widely as he imagined his friend being flustered on the other line. "No wonder you were all hype up earlier when we went out." He added, obviously teasing his friend. 

          Baekhyun who couldn't take the cockiness of his friend any longer just rolled his eyes. "You like to conclude things on your own don't you? No wonder why you always screw things up." Baekhyun said, firing back up to his friend. 

          But Chanyeol was wise enough to not be affected by it as he was way more determined to tease his friend. "Whatever you say Byun," he answered instead.

          Baekhyun sighed. "You know I'm seriously going to hang up now if you don't have anything to say that is worth all of my godly attention." He retorted. 

          "You boasting yourself won't still change the fact that you're excited to meet your wife later." Chanyeol who was almost cackling on the other line retorted back.

          I'm no match with this man. Baekhyun thought as he gave up keeping up with his friend's teases. "You'll have your day soon Chanyeol, and can you please stop calling her my wife." 

       "You know you like it Byun, don't even deny it. And that's where it'll lead anyways right? Might start early to get used to it!" Chanyeol answered back, following a very teasing laugh. 

          Baekhyun could only just sigh at his friend who was still laughig on the other line. He shook his head slowly as he went back to his closet to look for a new top. 

         "Alright, I'll leave you alone now. You better prepare yourself nice Byun! You don't want to disappoint your wife!" Chanyeol teased for the last time. Before Baekhyun could even shout to his friend, the line immediately went dead. Aish that jerk, really. He tossed his phone on his bed and went back to his business on his closet. 

        Baekhyun had been going through his pile of clothes for awhile but he couldn't seem to find one that he wanted to wear. Finally giving up, he picked up a black button down shirt, pairing it with a black blazer with red linings on the lapel, and red buttons on the sleeves. Going back to the mirror, he checked himself once again before proceeding to leave his apartment after. Grabbing his stuffs, he walked out of his apartment and hopped on his car right away. Before he could even roar his car's engine into life, his phone suddenly rang. Baekhyun sighed in relief when Chanyeol's name did not appear on the screen. I've had enough of that dude today. Instead, his dad's name was plastered on the screen. Weird, he never called me like this. "Hello," he greeted after answering the call. 

         "Hey son, are you on your way?" His dad asked. 

        "Yep, I'm about to hit the road. Is there something wrong?" He asked, quite bothered that his father called him. Usually it's mom who would call me for matters like this. 

       "Oh nothing, just want to make sure since your mom is still busy signing some papers." His father answered and Baekhyun sighed in relief, knowing there's no other reason why his father called.

         "Alright then, I'll see you both later. I'll go ahead now." He said before ending the call and tossing his phone on the passenger seat. After so, he roared his car into life and drove off the busy road. 

       His supposed to be forty minute long drive to the restaurant became thirty due to the less traffic on the roads that he passed by. He immeadiately parked his car as he arrived and scanned the parking after. Her car isn't here yet. He glanced on his wristwatch and it said it's 6:17PM. Quite early Baek. He then peeked inside the restaurant to look for their parents. And there he saw them, chatting like what they were usually doing like always. As if they haven't ran out of things to talk about. He decided to stay outside for awhile and if he coould, to wait for her to arrive. Besides, he'd rather spend the time remaining alone in his car than to be with their parents. 

***

         Finally finishing the sketches she had been working on since yesterday, Taeyeon slammed down her pencil on her desk and stretched out on her chair. "Ahhh!" She yelled out as she stretched out. Glancing up to her wall clock, it said 5:11PM. Better get ready now or I'd be dead if I'm late. 

          She stood up and hurriedly went for the bathroom in her office. Her mom called her last night informing her about the dinner tonight, knowing that she'd be spending the whole day on her office—and she really did—she took with her the clothes that she'd be wearing for the dinner later at night already when she left her apartment so she could save time for herself instead of going back and forth to her apartment just to get herself ready.

       Changing into the clothes that she brought: a black button down shirt with see through sleeves and some scattered rose embroidered as its design. She matched it with a black skin tight jeans and her favorite loubotin patent-leather so kate black pumps. She tied her hair in a low ponytail and applied enough makeup to make herself look decent. To match her outfit colors and as the final touch, she put on her rouge red lipstick. Perfect. 

         Once she was done, she grabbed her black purse on her desk and headed out of her office. Saying goodbye to Esther and the other staffs, she went out of the boutique, the cool breeze of the late afternoon and the approaching evening slapped on her face as she opened the door for her exit. She quickly hopped on her car after, resting her purse on the passenger seat, and soon after, she was down on the busy road headed to their dinner finally.

       If it wasn't for his need to go to the bathroom, Baekhyun would have stayed longer outside and wouldn't present himself that early to their parents. He quickly made his way to the bathroom as he entered, ignoring their questions for a while. When he got back after, his mom right away asked him. "You're not with Taeyeon, honey?" She asked.

         Baekhyun shook his head as he took his seat. "I came here by myself," he answered. "But she's probably on her way." He added as he glanced down on his wristwatch after. Well, she should be on her way right? 

         It kind of surprised Taeyeon that there weren't any traffic anywhere, or at least on the roads that she took on her way to the restaurant. With that, she arrived on time and quite early that she expected to. She quickly entered the parking space and found a spot to park on. As she was parking, she glanced up on the car in front of her and noticed that it was actually Baekhyun's car. Oh he's early. She thought as she positioned the car properly. Well I'm always the late one, what's new.

         When she was done, she pulled the key out of the ignition and grabbed her purse on the seat and hopped out of her car. She passed by his car as she made her way towards the restaurant and as she entered, she immediately saw their parents—and him. She went up to them quickly and made her presence known by everyone. "Hey guys," she greeted as she arrived at their table, getting everyone's attention who were busy talking to each and everyone.

          Her mom turned her head over her and smiled. "Oh sweetie! I'm sorry we didn't notice you, come sit!" 

     From the time Baekhyun laid his eyes on her when she arrived, he couldn't seem to take it away anymore. God, is she always this stunning? There was no doubt that Taeyeon was indeed really beautiful and everyone could agree over that one fact. But she indeed looked way beyond beautiful at the moment. Or at least in his eyes.

        Taking the only vacant seat in front of Baekhyun and beside her mom, she looked at him and smiled after. Damn that smile. "Long time no see," he said, suppressing the smile that was threatening to form on his lips widely.

          Taeyeon nodded, her smile getting wider. "It's been only six days," she replied, chortling after.

          Baekhyun let out a soft chuckle as well. "Still, long time no see." He said, finally smiling back to her now. 

        Taeyeon laughed and her eyes suddenly went down on his shirt. There she realized that he also had red and black on his outfit. She looked down on her button down and saw that they had the same color of outfits. "Red and black?" She asked, looking up at him and quirking a brow as the right corner of her lips started to lift slowly.

          Baekhyun gazed down on his shirt and on hers after, realizing as well that their outfits both had the said colors. "Oh well, I guess it's the colors of the day!" He answered, emitting a laugh from the lady seated in front of him after.

        The six of them soon ordered their dinners so the talk about the wedding could start already. After giving their orders, Taeyeon's mom then opened the discussion right away. "Taeyeon, do you have with you the catering services that you found?" She asked. 

         "Oh yeah! That one!" Taeyeon said, placing her glass of water back down on the table and taking the paper and mini notebook out of her purse. "I picked base on the cuisines, the reviews given, and of course the price." She said, giggling a little after. 

          Cute. Baekhyun thought. 

          "Two of these serves western cuisine and the other one serves Japanese cuisine. Since Baekhyun likes Japanese foods, I figured out it's nice to have it on the wedding." Taeyeon explained, looking at their parents as she did so. 

          As soon as Taeyeon finished, Baekhyun jerked his head up and raised his brows. To say that he was surprised would be an understatement, but indeed he was touched on how Taeyeon considered his likings in choosing the services. He didn't even thought that she would still remember what they had talked about during their first meeting. But apparently, she did. 

         "Well, I guess having a variety of food choices will be nice. In that way, the visitors won't bore their selves with the usual foods served on a daily basis." Taeyeon's father said, after a couple of minutes. 

         "And Taeyeon's right as well, Baekhyun likes Japanese foods a lot, in that way he will enjoy the wedding!" Baekhyun's mom said, earning a laugh from everyone.

         And that was the main reason why Taeyeon thought of including the Japanese cuisines for Baekhyun. Because it's his favorite. The wedding alone was stressful and even depressing enough at some points for the both of them, knowing that they're both forced into it. It was the least that Taeyeon could do to make this wedding be realistic as it could possibly be. For her. For him. For the both of them.

          "Okay then, I'll agree with it." Taeyeon's mom said after minutes of consideration.

          Taeyeon turned to her and quirked her brows. "So we're gonna have western and japanese?" She asked.

         Her mom nodded. "Yes, and you two should work on this soon! We have no much time left. The wedding will be in a week." And just by the mention of that, Taeyeon felt like her heart stopped beating for a moment. Guess the wedding's going to push through during the fashion week. As much as Taeyeon wanted to fight for it, she knew she'll lose anyway. It would just cause much more damage to the burning flame already. No point of arguing anymore. 

          The sudden change in Taeyeon's mood did not escape Baekhyun's keen observation. He could only just imagien how she had to deal with the stress in the following week for both the fashion week and her wedding. He may not have known her that well yet, but it was evident enough in his eyes that she was under a lot of pressure and stress already. And then the wedding suddenly came out of the blue, adding more weight on her now heavy shoulders. Please hold on Taeyeon. 

          "One more matter," Her mom suddenly spoke. "Organizer!" 

          Taeyeon immediately looked up like nothing was wrong with her and spoke. "About that, you know Jessica?" Her mom nodded, with her one brow raised high. "Her sister is an organizer," She knew her mom would no doubt disregard her suggestion, so before she could even speak, she started adding on what she said already. "She organized a lot of weddings and events for celebrities and politicians already, and if I'm not mistaken, she just organized a party for Vogue magazine, but I wasn't sure what that party was for." Taeyeon didn't plan for Jessica's sister to be her organizer, but it popped out on her head as soon as her mom mentioned organizer. And if she would be asked, she would have anyone but her friend's sister to organizer, knowing that she could trust her and she was also known in her field and by a lot of people because of her incredible works.  

          Of course her mom wouldn't agree. But as soon as she heard the party for Vogue and events for celebrities and politicians, she hesitated and thought twice. "Is she good? Can she handle this? We have only a week left." She asked.

          If there was one big advantage of getting Krystal as an organizer, it was Taeyeon knew her very well already. She would no doubt immediately picked Krystal if she'd be talking about events, parties, and celebrations. "Mom trust me, she could organize the best event in the town in approximately forty-eight hours. I'm not even kidding." Krystal was always dedicaded with her work that she always get things done properly, and early. If you told her to organize a party in twelve hours, she would no doubt, give you more that what you expected.

         Her mother was being hesitant still, but the fact that she have organized most of the known events around the place, or even outside the country, was the one that was making her think twice. After all, wouldn't it be nice to have someone who's known already for creating such incredible parties to organize your daughter's wedding?

       "I guess it's a good advantage for us that Taeyeon knows the organizer personally, in that way we could requests things easily right?" Baekhyun's mom uttered moments after.

       "And besides, didn't she say that this person organized already for known personalities? I think that's enough reason to have her for the wedding." Baekhyun's father added. 

         Her mom then looked at her husband who only gave her a shrug. Sighing, she then turned to her daughter after. "Alright then, just make sure she's great okay? I don't want any fails on the wedding itself." She said. 

         And Taeyeon felt like she won the lottery when her mom aprroved of it. She couldn't also believed that her mom agreed on this. Having Krystal as her organizer would at least make it a little possible for her to do her own gown, and if it not, at least lend it to someone she could trust enough. Besides, Krystal knew her enough as well. "Don't worry about it mom!" She said rather too excitedly. "Okay I can't contain my excitement, shoot!" She said, earning a laugh from everyone.

         Having Krystal just emitted a lot of advantages for Taeyeon. And even for Baekhyun at some point. If there was one thing that Taeyeon wanted with Krystal as the wedding organizer, was that she could do anything for the wedding. If she would let her mom choose the organizer, she knew that her ideas wouldn't be heard and everything would follow in accordance to what her mother wanted. But with Krystal, she could at least make this wedding—and probably her only wedding in her life—memorable at least. Or just what she wanted to. For her, and for Baekhyun as well. Who she knew was also just following what his parents were telling him. But maybe I could make a little difference for the wedding. For our wedding. At least make it something that we both wanted. 

         Further details were discussed while they were having their dinner and Baekhyun could only just listen as he never really been fond of planning and organizing events. But this is your wedding. The one thing that he had been keeping on his mind since earlier. He was glad enough that from time to time, before finalizing something, Taeyeon would ask him first and discuss it with him before turning to their parents and settling it. And he doesn't have to worry since he have not opposed on anything that Taeyeon suggested, wanted, and planned for the wedding. As long as it's private. His one and only important note. 

          And Taeyeon knew his note very well, that's why she made sure that everything that she would agree on for the wedding will go through him as well. She doesn't want to overdo the wedding for them as well, nor does she want the wedding be everything that she wanted alone. It is their wedding. She kept in mind. He and his ideas are important as well just like yours. 

          It was almost nine when the dinner and the talking finally ended. Both of their parents said their goodbyes soon after, and it was just the two of them left on their table after. "I never knew planning could be this exhausting." Baekhyun said, slumping down on his chair. He would admit that he practically didn't do much for it, but the talking, discussion, and thinking alone were exhausting enough for him.

          "And we're not even on the half of it, goodness." She said, sighing after and leaning her head back on the chair. 

       Silence surrounded them as they both let their bodies rest for awhile, not minding the noise around them from the other costumers of the restaurant. "Hey do you want to grab some coffee and chill for awhile? There's a coffee shop three shops down here." Baekhyun asked as he suddenly craved for a coffee and also needed a time out from the exhausting thing they just got themselves into. 

        Raising her head, Taeyeon looked at him before grabbing her purse and standing up right away. "Let's go, I need to get out of this place already." She said and walked away after from their table after.

          Baekhyun just shook his head and laughed at Taeyeon. He trailed behind her until they got out of the place. And once out, the two walked side by side to the coffee shop, that just like he said, were three shops down from the restaurant they had just dine in. 

         Pushing the door open, Baekhyun held it open for Taeyeon to enter first, as he faced sideways to give way to her. Taeyeon gave him a small bow as she entered. After so, Baekhyun followed behind her, letting the door behind him closed as he walked on her side. "I'm taking our orders, what would you like?" He asked as they both scanned the list on the top part of the cashier.

          "I'll have White Mocha," she simply answered after a few minutes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter