AL 9

Abrupt Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As her alarm clock emitted a sound that buzzed around her room, Taeyeon as she blinked her eyes open, reached for the alarm and turned it off. Sighing, she then pulled herself up to a sitting position. The sight of boxes all over her room greeted her first on this morning. Gosh, I have to continue with this. It's the start of the new week, and fashion week was over. Taeyeon was completely worn out because of the activities that she did during the whole week. So much that her body felt so heavy, and she felt like a cold is coming on its way to attack her anytime soon. With her eyelids still heavy, she got out of her bed and proceeded to make herself a breakfast to finally start her day. As she quietly eat her food on the living room, she watched the early morning news broadcast, of course talking about the fashion week as it just occurred last week. Cleaning her dishes once she was done, she went back to her room to finally continue on her postponed work. Reaching for her phone, a messaged from Baekhyun welcomed her.

FROM: Byun Handsome

Good morning! I'm dropping by later in the afternoon to pick up everything! :)

TO: Byun Handsome

Good morning! Alright then! I hope ill be finish by then hehe see you! 

          The two haven't talked to each other since their last incident. It was not because they were avoiding each other—well a little part of Taeyeon wanted to avoid him as she didn't know how to face him next after what happened—but it was mainly because Taeyeon had been busy since then because it was still fashion week. Her show wasn't the end of everything, until the end of the week, she was once again out in the scene for everyone, attending shows after shows just like how her week started. It was until yesterday, Sunday that Baekhyun contacted her regarding the house. Since it was settled already, they can now move their stuffs, hence the presence of the boxes in her room. She had been packing last night, hoping she could finish it early. But knowing how she ditched packing last night halfway through and immediately went to bed, it might take her a while to finish everything. 

          Proceeding back to packing, she one by one sort all of her stuffs in the box, leaving only a few clothes on a small luggage that she has for the remaining days until the wedding. As she continue on packing, she didn't notice the time passed by and suddenly, a doorbell came ringing. Standing up straight, she looked outside of her room in confusion and to the wall clock. Oh . The clock said 1:13pm. She hurriedly went out of the room to open the door. She didn't have to look through the peep hole as she knew who it was already. Opening the door, Baekhyun in a simple black shirt and blue jeans, and pair of white sneakers appeared right in front of her. Her heatbeat suddenly started beating fast. What the is happening with me? Admiration? Nervousness? Shyness? She wasn't sure. But more likely, it has something to do with what happened between them on their last meeting.

          "Hey," they said in unison. The two let out a shy laugh after. 

          "Come on in," Taeyeon said opening the door to let him in. 

          "Are you done packing?" Baekhyun asked as he entered inside. 

          Closing the door behind her, Taeyeon shook her head, letting out short giggle. "But I'm almost done." 

          Cute. Baekhyun chuckled. "It's okay, the truck is still on its way so you still have some time." He uttered. 

          "Uh, do you want something to eat or anything?" She asked as she awkwardly brushed the palm of her hands on the side of her thighs. 

          Baekhyun noticed this and curiosity started to boil inside him. Am I making her uneasy? He shook his head and managed to pull a small smile. "I'm all good, don't worry." He said. 

         Taeyeon nodded her head. "Alright then," she started, turning away from him. "I'm just going to finish everything inside." She said as she point towards her room.

          "Do you need help in anything?" He asked. More like, he didn't want her to leave yet. 

         Taeyeon immediately shook her head vigorously. "No it's fine!" She said, rather too fast. "I mean, this shouldn't really take long since I only have a few things left unpacked." She explained after.   

          Baekhyun's mouth parted open as he nodded. "Okay then, I'm just right here if you need help." He said and letting out a smile to crept on his face. 

        Taeyeon didn't say anything but instead nodded her head and went back to her room. That smile though. She continued with her postponed work like nothing happened. Even if she wanted to take a seat and calm her heart for a while, she left the door open, meaning Baekhyun could she her from outside. That distance should be enough for now. As much as she would really be glad for him to help her, her anxiousness took in her already. She couldn't even get over yet with what happened last time. It's not like she's expecting something to happen again, but she's worried of what might happen again that would stir up her emotions and feelings just like last time. 

          As she packed her things in silence, a pair of eyes had been intently fixated on her since she entered her room. Her back was facing him. He watched her as she one by one sort her stuffs into the box. As he did so, questions started to fill his mind. Is she avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? He worried. He didn't like this, he wanted how they were before. How comfortable they were with each other. I shouldn't have done that. He worried that maybe it was because of what he did last time, that she was being like this. He would very much want to ask her about it. But she'd draw herself away more if I'll do that. Settling his mind, he decided to just let it off, like nothing happened. That's better than her avoiding me. As he continued to watch her from outside, he noticed that the engagement ring was on her hand. She's wearing it? He thought with his brows raised. He observed more to see if it was really the engagement ring. When he noticed the heart cut diamond, a smile automatically formed on his face. Seeing her wearing the ring, while she's on her apartment, apparently still in her pajamas, was enough to take away all of his worries. That means she's really wearing it right? All the time? He continued smiling like an idiot from his seat until his phone buzzed on his pocket. Taking it out, he saw a text from Victoria, the one who will be helping them arrange everything in the house.

FROM: Victoria Song 

Hey Baekhyun! We're here already! 

          Standing up from his seat, he then went towards Taeyeon's room and knocked on the door, softly so she wouldn't be startled. Straightening up, Taeyeon faced him with her brows raised. "The truck's here already." He said. 

        "Oh really?" She asked and hurriedly settled her stuffs on the box. Once she was done, she went out of the room and followed Baekhyun outside. There she saw a huge truck parked outside of her apartment and behind it, she saw Baekhyun's car. She went down the porch and saw Baekhyun talking to a girl. 

          When he noticed Taeyeon's presence, he turned over to her and called her. "Taeyeon, this is Victoria, she'll be helping us with the house." He introduced, but before he could even introduce Taeyeon, Victoria suddenly squealed. 

          "Oh my gosh, Taeyeon!" She exclaimed. Oh wow, they know each other? Baekhyun thought.

        Taeyeon raised her brows for a minute before finally noticing who was the girl in front of her. "Oh my gosh Vic?" She asked and Victoria nodded in excitement as she stepped forward to give Taeyeon a hug. "Oh my god, it's been a while!" She said after they pulled away from the hug. 

       "I know! I've been busy with work and you know, going from places to places to arrange houses." Victoria answered. She then turned to Baekhyun then back to Taeyeon. "I didn't know I'll be working with you, I thought he was the one moving alone." Victoria added.

          "Well I didn't know you guys knew each other as well." Taeyeon said in return. 

          The two then shook their heads. "Well I'm friends with some of his, and that's the only reason why we know each other." Victoria answered and Baekhyun nodded after. Taeyeon let out a silent 'oh' as she finally understood. 

          "Oh, she's friends with Krystal and Luna by the way, if you're curious why we know each other." Taeyeon said as she turned to Baekhyun when she noticed the confusion in his eyes.

        "That explains everything then." Baekhyun said and the three laughed in unison. The next thing they're doing, they're already moving Taeyeon's boxes out of her apartment. Baekhyun's stuffs had been taken already and as he assumed, were probably already in the house. As they moved all of her packed stuffs, Baekhyun noticed that it was purely all boxes, probably clothes and other personal belongings. "You aren't going to take any furniture with you?" He asked as she stepped out of her now almost empty room after fixing herself. 

         Taeyeon shook her head. "Nope, I'll be keeping this apartment that's why." She answered, smiling after. She probably have to give this up some other time in the future, but for the time being, she'd like to still have it with her even if she's moving already. After all she shared a lot of memories in this place just like in their dorm. Hence why they won't let it go even if most of them have their own apartments already. "Why? Are you really moving out from your apartment?" She asked. 

        "My bed was the only thing left in there for me." He answered and they both laughed after. The two are headed to Taeyeon and her friends' dorm. She needed to pick some of her belongings there as well. Like the usual, Taeyeon intended to go alone but with how persistent and gentleman Baekhyun is, she ended up agreeing—again with him. 

          "You already look like my driver 'cause you always insist of driving me." She complained as soon as they settled inside his car. 

          Baekhyun laughed as he turned the engine on. "If I'm a driver then, I'm glad to be your driver." He uttered, turning to her and grinning widely.

          Taeyeon just rolled her eyes to him and smiled. Here he goes again, oh please. She quickly turned away as she felt her face heating up. Damn you Byun Baekhyun! 

          Baekhyun couldn't stop grinning especially when he saw her reaction and when he noticed the tint of red on her face. Before he stepped on the accelerator to get the car moving, he looked down on her left hand that is placed near the handbreak and stared at the ring. "The ring really looks beautiful in your hand." He uttered before getting the car moving off to the traffic. 

        Surprised with his words, she turned to face him before gazing down on her hand and the ring. It was probably one of the reasons why she decided to not take it off from her hand since she wore it. She was so in love with it. And I don't think I'll ever think of removing it. She didn't say anything in return but instead, bit her lower lip to prevent herself from smiling.

          Neither of them really spoke too much during the ride, they just let the soothing music coming from the radio to comfortably enveloped inside the vehicle. Neither of them really complained as well with each others' silence. As soon as they arrive, they went straight to the dorm's floor and in no minute, Taeyeon was already pressing the passcode on the door. As the door clicked open, the two stepped in and a noise coming from what they assumed a TV was instantly heard. 

        "We have a visitor," Taeyeon uttered loudly for the people inside to hear. She walked towards the living room and saw Sunny and Hyoyeon immersed in the TV. 

          "Who is it?" Hyoyeon asked, without removing her eyes away from the TV. 

         When Taeyeon didn't answer, the two girls turned their heads towards Taeyeon and as if on cue, Baekhyun appeared from the doorway. He gave a court nod and a wave to each of the girls and greeted them. "Aigo, it's you Baekhyun! Nice to see you again!" Sunny uttered after they waved back to him.

          "Why are you here though?" Hyoyeon asked Taeyeon.

          Dropping her stuffs and her jacket on the couch, she answered. "I'm going to get a few things," she uttered before proceeding to her room.

          "You're arranging your apartment?"  Sunny asked, looking towards the direction of Taeyeon's room. 

          "We're moving!" Taeyeon yelled from inside. 

          "Oh that—" Sunny immediately stopped when she realized what Taeyeon just said. The two girls turned to look at each other with their eyes widened. "What?!" They asked in unison. 

          Taeyeon walked out of her room and tugged Baekhyun along with her. "We're moving to a house," she answered to her friends. "Help me, can you?" She asked as she turned to Baekhyun, who instantly nodded his head without hesitation.

          Taeyeon took out a small box under her closet in the room and a small luggage. "Are you taking your clothes from here?" He asked as he took off his jacket and placed it on her bed located in the middle of the room. 

          Taeyeon shook her head. "I'm just going to take these stuffs, I need these for designing and work." She answered and the two started to pack all of the things she needed. As they continued to pack, Taeyeon excused herself and went to the kitchen to grab something to chew on since she hasn't taken her lunch. As she scanned the kitchen and the fridge, she noticed how empty it were. Oh gosh, I think I had way more supplies than these girls have in here. "Yah, why is the kitchen so empty? Where's the foods?" She asked from the kitchen.

          "Yoona and Sooyoung took all of the snacks yesterday before they flew to Paris." Hyoyeon answered. Oh I forgot, it's still the fashion week. In other countries. That just meant that Sooyoung and Yoona were booked to walk on a show to two in Paris. As expected from my model and beautiful friends. If it hadn't for the wedding and the whole marriage thing, Taeyeon would have went to Paris as well. She was already invited for a number of shows, but she had to cancel last minute as she couldn't just leave Baekhyun, Krystal, and their parents to do everything for her. It will surely eat up her conscience. Practically gave up my work for this. 

        Having no choice, she could just sigh in disbelief. She then grabbed the pack of bread and two bottles of apple juice from the fridge and brought it with her to her room. Baekhyun was too busy arranging the things in the box to notice Taeyeon. She grabbed a few loaves in her hand and stuffed one in before walking to Baekhyun. She handed a loaf and placed it in front of his mouth. Startled, Baekhyun took a glance on the bread and up to Taeyeon with questioning eyes. "Eat up," she managed to say with full. 

        Baekhyun on the other hand, wasn't really sure with what should he do. Is she feeding me? He thought. He just kept his gaze on the bread. When he didn't make a move, Taeyeon moved the bread a little closer to his mouth, urging him to eat. Should I take it? Or should I just let her hold it? He battled inside his mind. Choosing the latter, he leaned closer to the loaf and took a big bite from it. After he did so, he glaced up to Taeyeon and smiled as he chewed on it. 

          Taeyeon let out a scoff and a smile at the same time before rolling her eyes to Baekhyun. As Baekhyun continued with packing her stuffs, she sat beside him on the bed and fed him from time to time. Once she was done eating, she stood up and took the things away from Baekhyun as guilt started eating her up. "I'll do it now, you've done everything so far." She uttered. 

          But instead of answering her back, Baekhyun ignored it and asked her instead. "You skipped your lunch, didn't you?" He asked as it was quite bugging him so much that Taeyeon had eaten so much bread like her life depended on it. 

          Glancing up to him, she raised her brows and quickly avoided his eyes. "No..." she uttered in a low voice, almost a whisper. 

         Popping the bottle of the apple juice open, Baekhyun nodded. "That explains why," he mumbled after taking a few gulps down. He didn't have to ask Taeyeon further if she was telling the truth or what. After all, she was a bad liar. Baekhyun could just shake his head as he watched her pack her things. No one's going to take care of this kid. 

          After spending a good whole hour packing, the two grabbed the box and the luggage out of the room. "Oh my gosh, I thought you'll take all of your stuffs!" Hyoyeon said as she observed everything that Taeyeon took with her out from her room. 

         "Of course not! I'll be going back in here from time to time, still!" She answered, wearing her jacket now that she placed on the couch a while ago. 

          "Baekhyun, please take care of our Taengoo okay? She's still a kid, if I may say so." Sunny uttered. 

          Taeyeon grabbed a pillow and hit her with it. "Yah! You keep your mouth shut!" Taeyeon yelled. 

          Baekhyun let out a laugh as the two bickered. "I will don't worry!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter