AL 6

Abrupt Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon woke up to her phone snoozing. "God dammit," she uttered as she searched for her phone on her bed. "Where is that damn thing ." She complained with her eyes closed as she continually look for her phone on her bed.

          When she got a hold of it, she immediately turned the alarm off and lie back down to her bed. She peeped her one eye open to check the time. "Oh ," she cursed when she saw that her phone says it's already nine o'clock. 

          Baekhyun reached out for his alarm clock and turned it off immediately. Stretching out, he brought himself up and got out of his bed after. 

         He proceeded out of the room and to the main door to pick up the daily deliver of newspaper and milk. Once he got the newspaper on his hand, he scanned the front page and the words on the upper right of the paper immediately caught his eyes. 

Fashion Week: What to look forward? 

          Walking to the kitchen, he set the newspaper and milk down on the table and went to the fridge. Looking at his supplies, he decided to have grilled cheese and a bowl of cereal for breakfast. 

          Grilled cheese. 

          She instantly went to his mind. She wanted grilled cheese. And at that moment, he decided to make an extra one for her. 

       Once he finished preparing his meal, he went back to the table, sat down, and began eating. He opened the newspaper on the fashion week article and scanned it immediately. A particular section caught his eyes right away, and he wasted no time in reading it. 

"Besides from the outstanding celebrities who will attend the fashion week shows, of course we have the main core of the fashion week, the designers! Topping the list of the most awaited designer for this year is none other than the very stunning, elegant, and beautiful Kim Taeyeon! We can all remember how she wowed the crowd with her outstanding designs for the past two years, definitely catching the eye of the public in a very short time! Now she'll be back with her new sets of designs! Who can't wait to see her designs? We're definitely with you guys! In an interview with her, Taeyeon herself said she couldn't also wait to finally reveal her works. "I'm very excited to show my designs to be honest! *laughs* It's ridiculous I know, but I conceptualized the sets since last year and we just couldn't wait to show it to people!" See that? Even the desinger herself couldn't contain her excitement! It's therefore a must to attend her show! Following that, Taeyeon revealed her friends, who are very much also involved in the fashion industry, will be surely present in her show. "They'll come. No doubt in that. As soon as my show last year ended they've confirmed their attendances for this year." Her friend, and also a designer Jessica Jung announced that she wouldn't be participating in this year's fashion week, but looks like we're still going to see her! Now, next on the list..."

          He scanned the article further to look for her name if it was ever mentioned again. When he found nothing more written about her, he set the paper aside and resumed eating. Wow, Taeyeon is a big star. He thought. He couldn't imagine getting his self involved with someone like her, a public figure known by many. This is going to be a crazy ride. 

         Taeyeon stood up from her bed and lazily walk to the kitchen to feed herself only to found out that she's already running out of supplies. "What a great life," she uttered before grabbing the bread on the table to make herself some toasts. As she set the loaves to be toasted, she went to make a cup of coffee. 

          When her toasts were ready, she brought her meal to the living room and ate her breakfast while she sat on the couch. I'm so sleepy. I hate my life. What did I get myself into? She randomly thought as she munch on her food. 

          Once done, she placed the dishes on the sink and went back to her room. She threw herself on her bed and comfortably hugged her pillow. "I don't want to move, I don't want to move. I don't want to leave. I want to sleep." She uttered under her breath. But then she realized she couldn't really do anything. Dammit. She had to comply. It's for her wedding after all. Damn life. She once again hesitantly pulled herself up from her bed and started preparing herself. 

          Grabbing a knee length black shorts, and a white tee on his closet, he dressed himself after doing his thing on the bathroom. Fixing his hair and his self, he checked his reflection on the mirror. After so, he gathered his stuffs and went out of his room to out on his shoes. He glanced down on his wristwatch and it said 9:16am. Time to get going. He grabbed the paper bag placed on his center table that has Taeyeon's grilled cheese and a bottled water. Leaving his apartment he went for his car and hopped in right away, placing his stuffs and the paper bag on the passenger seat. Soon, he roared his car to life and drifted away to Taeyeon's place. 

         Taeyeon picked a pair of denim shorts and a baby blue loose shirt for her outfit today. Going to her bathroom, she then started doing her makeup, knowing she has quite more time to do so. 

          Since it was still quite early in the morning, Baekhyun didn't have any difficulties in going to her apartment, in fact the road was still quite clear from any traffic and cars. He parked in front of her apartment, where he parked before as well. Checking the time on his car, it said 9:56am. Once ready, he grabbed his black cap on the backseat and put it on. Well, I hope she's all set. He thought before going out of his car. Marching up on the porch, he then rang the doorbell up. 

        On the middle of her work, a doorbell then rang out. She stopped moving and froze. Another doorbell then came in. , no way. She hurriedly went out of her room, face still undone, with a makeup brush on her hand, and a cute little clip on the top of her head to hold her hair. Peeping through the peep hole she cursed under her breath upon seeing Baekhyun. "What the ," she uttered. She then glanced on the wall clock on her living room and it showed 9:58am. She grabbed the doorknob and pulled the door open. With a frown on her face, she faced Baekhyun. "What are you doing here?" She asked. Okay that was a stupid question Taeyeon, but whatever. Keep your cool. 

          Taeyeon's look quite surprised Baekhyun. Oh shoot, she's not yet ready. "Well, um, picking you up, I guess?" Baekhyun answered, placing his hands on his pocket. 

          The frown on her face grew more. "You're two minutes early!" She complained, and she wasn't kidding on it. 

          Baekhyun's brows flicked up. What? He thought. "But it's almost ten," he answered. 

         "You're still two minutes early! You said ten!" She answered back. She then opened the door wide to let him in. "Wait for me here. Do not touch anything!" She warned before running back to her room. 

          Baekhyun shook his head as he laughed. She's so cute. He closed the door behind him and sat down on one of the couches on the living room. Scanning the place, he noticed how tidy and clean Taeyeon is. Her apartment also looked kinda empty. Probably because she still often stay in their dorm. Remembering something, he then called out Taeyeon. "Hey Taeyeon!" 

          Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "What?!" She yelled back. 

          Baekhyun could just chuckle as he imagined Taeyeon's face. "Give me your number, I don't have it yet." He answered. 

          Taeyeon frowned. "Are you serious? Right now?" She asked. 

          Baekhyun laughed silently. "Yes, I'm serious!" He answered back. 

          "Can it wait? I'm doing my goddamn makeup Byun Baekhyun!" She complained. Is this man out of his mind? Goodness. 

          Enjoying the moment, Baekhyun decided to tease Taeyeon more. "But I can't wait though. Give me your number now!" He yelled back. 

         "Don't on me Byun!" Taeyeon yelled. 

          He laughed. "I'm not!" He answered. 

       Giving up, Taeyeon heave a sigh and picked her phone up and went out of the room. Throwing her phone to Baekhyun, she spoke. "The password is my full name, save your number I'll text you later so you could save mine. Just save your number! Don't do anything else!" She said before going back once again to her room. 

          Baekhyun couldn't stop laughing. Oh god she's so adorable. He the did what Taeyeon told him to do. Placing his number, he saved it with his name Byun Handsome and locked it again immediately, following Taeyeon's instruction to not do anything more than to just save his number. 

          She was mentally cursing Baekhyun for coming early. Well I thought he'll be late! Everyone's always late, duh! She thought. You're the only one who's always late Kim Taeyeon. The other part of her mind said. Okay fine! Still! I didn't get to do my makeup properly! Fixing her things, she then grabbed her black sling bag and headed out from her room. 

         Baekhyun jerked his head up when Taeyeon appeared from her room. Her face full of anxiety, he then laughed and stood up. "I didn't do anything with your phone, I promise." He said, handing her phone back to her. 

          Taeyeon kept her gaze to Baekhyun for about a minute before reaching out a hand to grab her phone. "Let's go," she said as she went for the door and Baekhyun followed behind her. After locking the door, the two marched down the porch to Baekhyun's car which was waiting for them in front of her apartment.

          To Taeyeon's surprise, Baekhyun grabbed the handle of the passenger door and held it open for her. "Thanks," she uttered as she entered the car. As Baekhyun shut the door close, she noticed the paper bag on her seat. Thinking it must be Baekhyun's stuff, she placed it on the backseat and didn't bother to check the inside of it. 

          Hopping inside the car, Baekhyun then looked for the paper bag as he noticed it was out of his sight already. "Where's the paper bag?" He asked. 

          "Oh, I placed it right there." Taeyeon answered pointing at the backseat. 

          Baekhyun then reached for the paper bag and placed it on Taeyeon's lap. 

          Taeyeon's brows quirked in confusion and she gave Baekhyun a confused look. "What is this?" She asked. 

          "It's for you," he simply answered before starting the engine of the car. 

         Though still confused, Taeyeon peeked inside the paper bag and saw a grilled cheese packed on a zip lock and a bottled water. Although she wanted to scream in happiness because it's a grilled cheese that she received, confusion topped her emotion. "Grilled cheese?" She asked. 

        Driving the car to the road already, Baekhyun nodded before speaking. "Yeah, remember? You were whining about grilled cheese last week since you asked me what I had for breakfast?" He answered. 

         Taeyeon was left speechless on her seat. There's no way he could remember that silly thing. "You remembered that?" She asked, looking at him in shock. 

          Baekhyun just grinned as his response as he continued to drive on the road. 

          Taeyeon slapped his right arm and asked again. "You seriously remembered that?" 

          Baekhyun laughed. "What do you think then? Of course I did, I already told you earlier!" He answered, eyes fixated onthe road.

         Goodness, he really did remember. Taeyeon couldn't seem to digest it yet. But that was a week ago, how could he? Oh goodness, this man is for keeps. Wait what?! Okay I didn't say that, I said nothing. Shut your mind Taeyeon! She mentally scolded herself. 

          Baekhyun noticed Taeyeon's sudden silence so he turned to her. "If I were you I'm going to eat that already before it totally gets cold." He said, smirking as he did so. 

         Taeyeon faced him, narrowing her eyes at him. "You just want to eat some, admit it." She said before unwrapping the grilled cheese and started munching on it right away. Baekhyun didn't say anything anymore but instead grinned as he saw her eating already. 

        Their ride was full of bickering and talks like the usual. It was when they're about to arrive when Taeyeon started talking about the wedding details. "Gosh, this is in one week's time, do you think the caterings will accept it? And oh, goodness I haven't talked to Krystal yet, can you please remind me of that later? We have to pass by her. Also—, outfits. Oh my god, I honestly—" Taeyeon suddenly stopped talking, the stress finally eating her up. 

        Finally arriving, Baekhyunimmediately parked the car before turning to Taeyeon, only to see her crying silently as her head hung low. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?" He worriedly asked as he carress her left shoulder. Taeyeon just continually cried silently on her place. "Hey, what's wrong?" Baekhyun asked once again. 

        Taeyeon wiped her tears with her hands. "I just," she started. "I don't know how to do everything anymore. It's all eating me up." She answered. 

          Baekhyun remained silent, knowing that she has a lot more to say. 

          "I feel so irresponsible, I don't know." She added before tears started to flow out of her eyes once again. 

         "Shh, no. You're doing fine, okay? You don't have to carry all of the chores alone, I'm here don't worry." Baekhyun said as he continually sooth her. He emphatized the woman right on his side. He could just only imagine how much stress she's carrying with all of the things going around her. Fashion week, the wedding. Not to mention  the pressure her mother is giving. When Taeyeon didn't say anything, he pulled her closer and placed her head on his shoulder. "It's alright, cry it out. You'll feel better." He said, still carressing her shoulder as he sooth her. 

         Taeyeon didn't bother to argue as it was the only thing she needed right now, a shoulder to cry on. She've been enduring the pain and stress from the beginning, and as the events come nearby, she couldn't help it but to get anxious of everything. She couldn't blame anyone but herself, knowing she could have done something better for all of these, maybe even for these things not to happen. 

          For a good five or more minutes, Taeyeon just silently cried on Baekhyun's shoulder as he comforted her at the same time. When she finally felt quite better, she pulled away from him and started to wipe the tears on her face. "Oh my god, your shirt's wet." Taeyeon said as she noticed the marks of her tears on his shirt. 

          Baekhyun looked down. "Don't bother, it's fine." He said, giving her a assuring smile before pulling out his handkerchief out of his pocket and handing it out to her. "Here," he said. 

          Taeyeon shook her head. "No it's fine," she said as she tried to reject it but he insisted. She ended up taking the handkerchief and using it since she forgot to bring even a small pack of tissue with her. "Oh my god, give me a few minutes I'll just fix myself." She said, as she started to touch up her makeup. 

          Baekhyun then laughed at her. "Goodness, seriously? You're doing your makeup again?" He asked, looking at her. 

         "Of course! You know how hard it is to put on a makeup then I'll just ruin it by crying. And also, I need to look decent." She answered as she busily do her makeup. 

        "You look decent!" Baekhyun answered, not really understanding what she meant. Taeyeon looked at him and sighed. "Just wait okay!" She answered. Baekhyun was left dumbfounded so he just did what Taeyeon told him. To wait. 

        After doing her business, they proceeded out of the car and into the restaurant. After being welcomed inside, Baekhyun then asked for the catering service and in no time, they were being escorted to a room, ready for food tasting. 

        As they were left alone for a while by the staffs, Taeyeon then started feeling embarassed of what happened in the car. Goodness Taeyeon. "Look um, I'm sorry for... you know just crying like that earlier." She said, trying really hard not to picture the scene in her head anymore. 

        Baekhyun sighed before answering. "I told you it's fine. I understand. And it's not really a big deal." He answered, trying his best to make Taeyeon feel better. 

          "But—" Taeyeon tried to protest but she was cut off right away. 

         "You don't have to apologize or be embarrased about it. We all go through our own obstacles so I understand, really." He said, smiling at her after. 

          Taeyeon was left speechless on her spot. She couldn't even think of a word to say. She barely open up to her friends about her problems, most of the time she handle it alone. She couldn't control the tears earlier anymore so she just silently cried it out. Having Baekhyun around her as she breakdown was new to her. She is used of handling things on her own and to have Baekhyun there with her on that state was something a foreign feeling yet she was thankful. It was the first time in a long time that someone comforted her as she breakdown. It feels good to have a shoulder to cry on. Though she was indeed thankful, she couldn't seem to utter those word to him. 

       Her thoughts was suddenly interrupted when the staff came back in the room. She started explaining things and also the food that was placed on the table in front of them. Her thoughts was still clouded that she couldn't really think straight even when the food tasting started. She was just nodding whenever Baekhyun asked her something. Plus, she couldn't really say something because it was a Japanese cuisine, Baekhyun's favorite. "Do you have anything that you don't like?" Baekhyn asked her. 

        Taeyeon scanned the foods, remembering if she disliked a certain dish as she was tasting it before shaking her head. "Everything is good for me. How about you?" She asked back, looking at him. Baekhyun grinned before shaking his head as well. Taeyeon smirked. "You love everything don't you?" She asked. In which Baekhyun responded by nodding his head vigorously like a kid. Taeyeon chuckled with his reaction. 

       Baekhyun did everything after it. Settling the dishes, the payment, and everything that needs to be settled. Taeyeon couldn't really argue anymore since she was mostly thankful for Baekhyun for doing it. She just watched and listened as Baekhyun settled with the staff with all that is needed for the wedding. 

          After so, the two agreed to also settle the western cuisine down already. They drove up to their next destination, a few blocks away from the restaurant. Parking the car, Baekhyun spoke before getting out of the car. "Alright, let's get this down too." He said. The scene earlier at the restaurant replayed as they were welcomed by a staff and was delievered to a room for the food tasting as well. Seeing the western dishes placed in front of her, Taeyeon exoected herself to participate more here than earlier, but she was wrong. After picking the dishes, she once again let Baekhyun do the settling alone. 

           Baekhyun on the other hand didn't really complain, nor bothered to do so. He haven't really done anything for their wedding and this might be the only thing he could offer to do, so he gadly did everything alone. And besides, he knew there's a lot in Taeyeon's mind right now. Her responses when he was asking her during the food tasting for the japanese cuisine answered it, he knew right away that something might be going on in her head. 

          Once finished, the two left the place in no time and proceeded to go to Krystal's office, few blocks away from her boutique. The ride was silent but comfortable. All the talking and negotiation made Baekhyun tired, and all the crying and non-stop thinking made Taeyeon tired. After an hour and a half drive, they finally arrived at Krystal's place. "Just park it there in front." Taeyeon instructed to Baekhyun. Once the engined died down, the two stepped out of the car. Baekhyun trailed behind Taeyeon as they enter the shop.

          Two girls were inside, one sitting behind a large desk and one standing on the side as they talk. The sudden entrance of the two made the girls jerk their heads to their direction. "Unnie? What are you doing here?" Luna asked as she saw Taeyeon entering.

         Taeyeon heaved a sigh as she stopped in front of Krystal's desk. "Hi girls. Girls, thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter