AL 7

Abrupt Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon hurriedly enter her office and saw that Luna was already there, doing some work on the couch with a bunch of papers and photographs scattered on the coffee table. "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late!" Taeyeon said as she stepped inside.

        Luna glanced up to her and smiled. "No biggie unnie! I was just fixing these papers that we need later and the photographs of the other models." Luna answered before going back to her business. 

          Well, if it wasn't because of her great cousin Key, she wouldn't be late at all. 

          "Yah noona what is that even?" Key asked as he peeked through Taeyeon's sketches. 

          Taeyeon closed her eyes and sighed. "What now?!" She asked.

          "Oh my god noona, what would you do without me?" He asked before grabbing the sketch out from Taeyeon and crumpling it before throwing it away across the living room. 

         "Oh my ing goodness Key," Taeyeon uttered as she brushed her hands on her hair. "We wouldn't be able to finish anything if you're going to keep complaining about what I'm sketching and not doing anything at all." Taeyeon complained as she looked on the scattered crumpled papers all over the floor. 

          Key dropped the can of beer on his hand and grabbed a pencil and paper. "Okay okay I'm sorry. Let's start now, for real." He said and started sketching on the piece of paper.

          Taeyeon just looked at him in disbelief. "Seriously? After two ing hours? You're just going to be serious now?!" She asked which Key just ignored so she decided it's better to go back to work as well. 

         The two finished by almost three in the morning already. Taeyeon was thankful enough that Key became since then until they finished. As an offer, Key presented to do produce the suits as well by himseld and his team to carry out the load on Taeyeon's shoulder. Since Key specializes in men's outfits, he couldn't really help Taeyeon with the female's dresses and her own gown itself. "Why don't you ask Jessica noona then?" He asked as he help Taeyeon fix their trashes.

          "I mean do you think mom would approve?" She asked, glancing up to him.

          "Auntie doesn't have to know, and I'm here, I'll cover up." He said as if it wasn't a big problem at all. 

         Taeyeon just looked at him with a skeptical look instead. It's not that she doesn't trust him when in fact she already asked him to design the other outfits, it's just that she felt like they would still get busted even if Key would cover it up. 

          "Don't give me that look noona. I'm hella serious you know." He said before going back in picking the trashes.

          Taeyeon heaved a sigh. "Alright then, I'll talk to Jess tomorrow." She answered. 

          It didn't take long for them to clean up their mess. After resting for a bit, an hour later, Key left Taeyeon alone and wished her goodnight. 

 

          "I will leave you here for a while is that okay? I'm just going to announce something to the staffs." Taeyeon said as she settled her things down on her desk.

          Luna nodded and smiled. "Sure unnie! I'll be right here!" She answered.

          And Taeyeon wasted no minute and hurriedly went out of her office to gather the staffs. "Hey guys good morning! Can everyone please gather for awhile? I'm just going to say something." She announced and patiently waited for everyone to face her and listen. "Okay so again, good morning and I know you guys have been really busy as well bringing my designs to life and all, so I will make this quick." She started and took a deep breath before continuing. "So I'm going to get married." She blurted out and as soon as the words escaped from her, the staffs were brought to a sudden shock by the news. Their hands on their mouths. "I know guys, I know this is a shocker, I was shocked as well but yeah." She added. The gasps awhile ago was then replaced by 'congratulations' by the staffs. "Oh my gosh guys please it's an arranged marriage okay please," but then again, she was still congratulated by everyone and Taeyeon could only shake her head and laugh at them. "One more thing guys, the wedding's next week." She added and gasps could once again be heard in the room. 

          "But... how about the fashion week?" Esther asked, anxiousness painted on her face. 

          Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and sighed. "Well... let's just hope it won't land on the day of my show." She answered and smiled. "That's all guys! And I don't think your loads would double since my mom won't really make me do the outfits so... yeah, that's all and I'm going now! Have a great day everyone!" She said and her staffs once again congratulated her with Taeyeon just laughing it off. Going back to her office, she saw Luna stil immersed on her work. "Hey, you're still not done there?" She asked before walking on her desk.

          "I'm almost! I'm just sorting these files so we wouldn't have any problem later." Luna answered as she almost finished on her work. 

          Taeyeon nodded before sitting down on her chair. "Alright then," she answered. "Do you think we can finish checking the venue by twelve?" Taeyeon asked as she scroll down her emails on her phone. 

          "I think so, we shouldn't take more than two hours in there though. Why?" Luna answered and asked, looking up to Taeyeon.

        "Well, Baekhyun messaged me earlier that our parents said that we're going to have a late lunch later. I guess to discuss the wedding." She answered without looking away from her phone. 

          "What time is the lunch though?" Luna asked. 

          "One? One-thirty? Around that time." Taeyeon answered. 

         "Well if you want, we can finish things up in the venue quickly so you can proceed with the models' briefing and then go to the lunch." Luna suggested as she finally fix her things, indicating she's down with her work. 

         "Oh , the models. Right." Taeyeon mumbled, guilty that she forgot about that schedule. "Speaking of models, we still need some right?" She asked. 

          Luna nodded before looking up to Taeyeon after finishing her task. "Maybe about ten more if I'm not mistaken." Luna answered.

          "Contact Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri, and Seohyun." Taeyeon said as she stood up from her chair and grabbed her coat. 

          "You're booking them?" Luna asked as she stood up as well from the couch. Taeyeon just nodded in response before grabbing her purse. "Will they say yes?" Luna followed.

         "That's a question I don't need to answer." Taeyeon replied. "We better get going now so we could finish everything early." She added before walking towards the door with Luna trailing behind her. 

          Baekhyun walked out of his room with his laptop with him and walked staright to the kitchen. He set the laptop on the kitchen island before proceeding to the fridge to get himself a glass of water. On his way back, he brought a bowl of cereal with milk poured on it already. He sat down on the stool and opened his laptop. He immediately went to check on his emails and was delighted to see a reply from Krystal. 

          As Baekhyun and Kris continuosly chat while they enjoy their supper, the sudden vibration on his phone startled him. He fished his hand on his pocker for his phone and saw a message from Taeyeon.

FROM: Kim Taeyeon

     I'm home! Thank you again and have fun! :) 

          "Who's that?" Kris asked curiously as he munch on his pizza.

          Baekhyun glanced up to him from his phone before placing it back on his pocket. "It's nothing," he answered. 

          Kris instead gave him a suspicious look before speaking. "It's your wife isn't?" He asked.

          Baekhyun gave him surprised look. "What are you saying wife?" He asked. 

          Kris grinned at him. "Don't deny it. You like her don't you?" 

          "Hyung, what is this nonsense? You really are a weird hyung, really!" Baekhyun uttered before munching on his pizza. 

          "Hey you midget, don't even deny it. I can tell by the way you act, and you were smiling as you read the message on your phone a while ago if you didn't know." Kris said before smirking to Baekhyun and going back to his food. 

          Baekhyun was left dumbfounded by Kris. This hyung is really... weird. Ugh! He thought as he go back on his food as well like the elder did. 

          When Baekhyun was finally free from Kris, he finally decided to reply to Taeyeon. 

      TO: Kim Taeyeon

             Hey! Sorry for this late reply though, but im glad youre finally home! :) 

          Before he could even placed the phone on the passenger seat, a beep came in, indicating he receieved another message.

FROM: Kim Taeyeon

    No worries! Be careful in driving on your way home! :)

      TO: Kim Taeyeon

              I will :) Hey, can you send me Krystal's email? I'm just going to ask something :)

FROM: Kim Taeyeon

             Why do you want to add up something? Remove something? Want me to call for a meeting tomorrow? 

          Baekhyun chuckled by Taeyeon's reply. Whenever she worries or get anxious, he always find it cute and he doesn't know why. 

      TO: Kim Taeyeon

              No no! Hahaha, i just want to have her contact as well just in case, and i'd just like to ask her about the venue. 

FROM: Kim Taeyeon

             Oh, okay. Hehehe. Alright then. 
            krystaljung@****
             There you go! 

       TO: Kim Taeyeon

              Thanks! Have a great night designing with your cousin! :) 

FROM: Kim Taeyeon

             Oh god, dont even mention it... but thanks! 

          And Baekhyun went off the road with a smile painted on his face which he wasn't aware about. 

 

          He immediately clicked on Krystal's reply as soon as he saw it.

FROM: krystaljung@****

Subject: WEDDING; Locations & Invitations 

Good morning Baekhyun! Sorry for replying this late, but yes I already have a few on the list of the wedding's venue! I'm going today to check all of it and pick the most suited for the wedding. I can give you the address of the locations in case you guys want to come with me and check it yourself! Just give me a message or call me! And also, the invitations are already printing, my staff can start sending them later today! We'll be sending you two your own copies of the invitation as well, don't worry! 

         It totally shocked Baekhyun how fast Krystal worked. She wasn't joking when she said she can do this in a week. He thought. He clicked on the compose message to send a reply to her. 

TO: krystaljung@****

Subject: WEDDING; Locations & Invitation

Good morning to you too Krystal! That's great to hear! We'll be having a lunch with our parents later in the afternoon, I'll tell Taeyeon about this later and to our parents as well and will message you right away if ever we can drop by to join you! Thank you and have a great day! 

          He closed his laptop and proceeded to finally have his breakfast. 

          "Move this set over here, it doesn't look pleasant over there." Taeyeon instructed to her staffs who were designing the venue for her show. 

       "Unnie! Unnie! Do you still have some people to add on the list? Because we'll be sending invitations already." Luna asked after running towards Taeyeon who was busy arranging the designs.

         "Now move take this out please, goodness why are the designs like this?" Taeyeon shouted, completely ignoring Luna. She then turned to her after. "I'm sorry Luna, what was that?" She asked. 

          "Are you still going to add some people on the list because we'll be sending the invitations out already." Luna repeated, showing Taeyeon the guests list. 

        "I don't really know yet, just make sure there's a handful of extra ones and even the VIP and backstage passes." Taeyeon answered before returning her attention back to the staffs who were arranging the designs of the venue. 

          "Should I double the extra seats then?" Luna asked.

          Taeyeon faced her. "Well," she started before scanning the place. "How many guests did we have last year?" She asked.

          "We had a total of three hundred. More than half were the walk-ins and medias." Luna answered.

         "Maybe about four hundred. I think that'll be good. Just make sure we have some back up seats if ever things go out of hand." Taeyeon replied, crossing her arms across her chest. "And one more thing, I won't be outside on the show until the end of it where I'll be introduced already. I'll be backstage, managing the models." Taeyeon added as she started walking. 

        Luna gladly followed Taeyeon as she walked and asked. "But, that's supposed to be my work. And who will welcome the guests, the VIPs?" She wondered.

         Taeyeon stopped on her tracks and faced Luna. "We'll exchange positions now. You welcome everyone, I'll manage backstage." She answered, smiling after to Luna. 

          Luna gasp by Taeyeon's answer. "But unnie... the VIPs are very... known and respectable people, I don't think I'm fit to do it." Luna uttered. 

        Taeyeon reached for Luna's shoulder and gave it a little squeeze. "How long have you been working for me? You've been with me since the beginning and you've met these people multiple times already in different occasions. I wouldn't put you there if I know you can't." Taeyeon answered. 

          "But unnie..." Luna trailed off.

         "No buts, okay? You'll be out here to welcome everyone. I mean it's time now for you to meet them by yourself." Taeyeon said, grinning to Luna as she placed her hands on her pockets. 

          "I wouldn't leave you!" Luna then uttered. 

          "I didn't say anything you little kid! And I don't have any plans of letting you go any time soon excuse you." Taeyeon replied. 

          "But unnie... can I do it?" Luna worriedly asked again.

        Taeyeon sighed and rolled her eyes. "You can, trust me. Now, did the girls replied already?" Taeyeon asked as she sifted the topic of the discussion. 

          "Yep, and they all said yes." Luna answered, with a big smile on her face.

        "I told you, I don't need to answer if will they say yes or what." Taeyeon said and the two laughed after. "Did you inform them about the briefing later?" She added. 

          Luna nodded. "Already did and they've all confirmed their attendance later." She answered.

          "You can never really go wrong with those girls." Taeyeon uttered before discussing other details further with Luna. 

       Already dressed according to their late lunch later, Baekhyun sat on the couch and decided to complete his guest list for the wedding. He messaged Taeyeon earlier and reminded her about the sudden meeting their parents called and she mentioned to him that she'll be busy for the fashion week today until before lunch. Knowing that he couldn't really do anything to help her, he decided to check off a pending work from the wedding instead. Once he finished, he sent the list right away to Krystal and prepared himself to leave soon. Since the restaurant they're going to meet up is not that far from his place, it didn't take him long to arrive on time. Grabbing his things with him, he left the car and started marching towards the restaurant. He halted all of a sudden when his phone rang on his pockey indicating someone's calling. He fished his hand on his pocket for his phone and was surprised to see Taeyeon's name on the screen. He pressed the green button on the screen and spoke with a careful voice. "Hello, Taeyeon?" 

          "Baekhyun! Yes, hello! Oh my god!" Taeyeon exclaimed as soon as she heard his voice on the other line.

          "Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked as he noticed the panic in her voice.

          "Yeah yeah yeah, I'm fine. Are you already at the restaurant?" She asked quickly. 

          "Yeah, I just arrived here." Baekhyun answered.

          "Oh ," Taeyeon mumbled but Baekhyun heard it loud and clear.

          "Is everything alright?" He worriedly as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter