AL 16

Abrupt Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun has brightly shone already and the day has officially started on the household of the couple. It has been two days since they arrived back from London. The time they spent there indeed was something memorable and they wouldn’t forget. It was crazy to think that both were against on the idea of the short vacation in the beginning—even if Taeyeon really has a schedule on the country, but otherwise enjoyed every bits of time that they spent in the country from their arrival to departure. If they were given a chance, they would want to stay longer and tour the country accordingly, but they knew they had to get back home right away.

          The arrival of the couple back home was quite a shocker for the both of them. Though it crossed their minds, none of them expected that a lot of paparazzi would be waiting for them just to snap a photo of them together. It was the first time people—especially the papz, had caught and seen them together in public in their local land since the news of their marriage came out and spread like a wildfire. Their appearance in London had probably spread across the internet already, hence the reason why everyone was anticipating their return.

          Though they were not prepared, the two managed to quickly walked away from the crazy paparazzi who were eagerly taking photos of them nonstop and asking questions that they heard in London already. Good thing, Luna was the one who picked them up and brought some of Taeyeon’s staffs with her as she was aware of the possible situation already after reading the news online. As soon as the staffs found them, they were immediately blocked away to the papz and escorted to the van right away. Though the scene was nerve-wracking, the two were glad that they were quick to escape everyone.

          On the day after their arrival, the two spent it unpacking their stuffs, adjusting back to the local time, and getting some rest before they go back to their daily routine the day after.

          On the morning of that day, the two had their rather very late brunch together after getting some long hours of sleep and Mrs. Lee immediately greeted Taeyeon with a bouquet of sunflowers after they went down the stairs, saying that it was sent to her boutique earlier on that day and a staff of her delivered it home upon Luna’s order. Taeyeon immediately quirked her brows in confusion as she took the bouquet from the lady.

          Baekhyun on the other hand, wouldn’t admit it, but felt some kind of pain in his chest when he saw the flowers. He immediately questioned if Taeyeon has a suitor or an admirer that she wasn’t telling him about. He was burning with his curiosity but he remained silent otherwise and helped Taeyeon out on her seat on the dining area, ignoring the feeling on his chest completely like it was not bothering him in any way possible.

          It would be crazy to think that Taeyeon was being anxious because of it. She was not anxious of the bouquet itself, she was anxious of what was Baekhyun thinking at the moment. After the moments—and kisses that they shared in London up until that moment, of course she would very much be conscious about him and everything.

          The anxiousness in her just disappeared away when she saw the familiar yellow envelop on the middle part of the bouquet on the ribbon. “It’s from Heechul.” She uttered as she stared down at the card.

          Baekhyun raised his brows at her curiously as he sat down in front of her. “What is?”

          “This. It’s from Heechul.” She answered before asking Mrs. Lee to bring the bouquet up to her room, not bothering herself anymore to look on the card inside knowing what was written on it.

          Baekhyun then asked her how did she knew that it was from her brother and she said that it was because of the card. It was yellow. Baekhyun was totally confused of what she was saying so Taeyeon explained to him everything, from the first yellow card that she got and until from the second—apparently she did get a second card with almost the same message as the first one and it was on that time that she realized it was probably none other than her only brother—and the one in bouquet being the third. “How sure are you that it’s from him then?” He asked.

          “I couldn’t think of anyone who would pull such thing on me but him. He did it already before, of course he’ll do it again this time. He’s probably getting back on me.” Taeyeon answered.

          “Get back on you? Why?” He carefully, yet curiously asked.

          Taeyeon sighed as the scene on the hotel of her wedding day replayed on her mind. “Before I left the hotel on our wedding, we bumped into each other and we kind of… well I kind of said some heated words. He’s probably mad that’s why.” The Heechul that she knew would probably not going to sulk over that argument that they had in the hotel, but she wasn’t really sure if she still knew her brother the same way. Things change, and he probably changed as well. I may not know him the same way anymore.

          “Is that so?” Baekhyun asked, not wanting to pry in more on what happened and what they said as he noticed the sudden change of her mood.

          She nodded. “That’s him. I know him and his games.” She assured him—more like she assured him for herself. She didn’t want him to think other things about it for she wasn’t really hiding anything. Wait, why am I even worried about it? Like, what’s happening with you Taeyeon?

          He felt himself letting out a relieved sigh secretly when he knew that it was from her brother. He wasn’t exactly sure why he was feeling that way and neither does he want to acknowledge what he was currently thinking at the moment, so to get away from the matter quickly, he right away placed some foods on Taeyeon’s plate and had their late brunch shortly after.

          Going back to the present time, the two were in their room. Taeyeon just finished dressing up into a white button down shirt and a pair of black skin tight jeans while Baekhyun was on the bathroom taking his bath. She was headed out to meet with Key to talk about the photoshoot for the magazine and meet her friends for a lunch. She originally asked everyone to hang out, but then it turned out that Sooyoung’s mom’s new café and resto was just about to open later today and Sunny wanted to celebrate as well for she just landed a radio DJ job that she had been eyeing for a long time already, so they decided to just meet up at Sooyoung’s mom’s café and celebrate there.

          Taeyeon then headed out of the room to collect some of her stuffs which were on her other room. As she searched and collected her belongings one by one, she heard the telephone outside on the hallway near the stairs ringing. Knowing that Baekhyun was still in the bathroom and it was all left on her to answer, she quickly got everything that she needed and headed out to pick up the call.

          As soon as she neared the phone, she picked it up and held it on her ear. “Hello?”

          “Hello, good morning! Is this the Byun’s residence?” The woman on the other line formally asked in a cheerful tone.

          “Yes, who is this?” She politely asked in return.

          “Good morning ma’am, I’m Miss Choi from the Sun Press Publishing Company. If you don’t mind me asking, who is this perhaps?” The woman from the other line asked. Taeyeon’s brows immediately quirked up as she heard her. Could it be…

          “Oh, I’m Baekhyun’s wife.” Taeyeon simply answered, and she felt her face quite heating up after saying those words. Calling Baekhyun her husband was one thing, calling herself his wife was another.

          “Oh, good morning Mrs. Byun and my apologies of not recognizing it right away. I would like to ask then if I could speak with Mr. Byun Baekhyun perhaps?” She politely asked and Taeyeon immediately answered that she would have him on the phone after a moment.

          As she set the phone down, she quickly ran back to their room and saw that the bathroom door was already open and the closet door was close now. “Baek? Are you there?” She called out as she knocked on the closet door.

          After a few moments, the door cracked open, revealing Baekhyun in a plain shirt and jeans with his hair still dripping wet as it covered half of his eyes. “What is it?” He asked as he looked at her with worriedly.

          “Someone’s on the phone for you.” She said and intentionally didn’t mention about the woman coming from a publishing company. He wanted him to find it himself and didn’t want to ruin the moment for him—if it was actually what Taeyeon was thinking since the woman mentioned about the company.

          With still a towel on his other hand, Baekhyun walked out of the room with quirked brows and went to pick the phone himself and didn’t bother to ask Taeyeon more about the call.

          Leaving Baekhyun outside, Taeyeon quickly placed her stuffs on her bag and prepared herself to leave in a while. While she was applying some makeup on her face inside the closet on her vanity place, Baekhyun immediately stormed inside with a huge grin on his face. Taeyeon immediately looked at him through the mirror with her curious eyes. Did he… “I got the job!” Baekhyun blurted out happily. “I got the job Tae, I got it!”

          Taeyeon was immediately up on her seat, turning around at him after with a huge grin on her face as well. “Oh my god, congrats!” She was about to walk up on him when he instantly ran towards her and hugged her tightly. She could tell how happy he was with how he lifted her up while they were hugging. “Congrats Baek!” She happily whispered on his ear as they hugged for some more time after.

          When she felt Baekhyun loosening his arms on her body, Taeyeon pulled slightly away and looked up at him with the happy smile on her face. “I’m happy for you.” She said endearingly that moved Baekhyun’s heart in an instance.

          “It’s only an associate seat though, nothing big really.” He answered, the smile on his face disappearing, but the happiness in his eyes stayed nonetheless.

          The smile on her face just grew wider after that. She then reached up and held one of his face on her hand and spoke. “I’m still happy for you.” She said to him which caused him to smile even more than how he has been smiling after. “We should celebrate!” Taeyeon added as she excitedly clapped her hands after.

          Baekhyun let out a chuckle. “But you have plans with the girls already. And mind you, you’ll also be celebrating something.” He reminded.

          Right away, Taeyeon dropped her arms on her sides and wrinkled her nose. “Oh right,” she muttered.

          “I’ll treat us out after I got my first salary, how’s that?” Baekhyun asked, grinning widely at her.

          Responding with a laugh, she spoke after. “Way too late for a celebration, don’t you think?” She asked and Baekhyun just shyly smiled at her in return. “But that sounds good to me, whatever you want.” She added, giving him the prettiest smile that he had always adored from her.

          Pulling her close to him until no distance could be found between them, Baekhyun spoke after. “I’ll take us out soon after this, I promise.” He uttered, looking down at her with a glow on his eyes. At that moment, Baekhyun knew that he wasn’t just merely talking about his treat for themselves that they were just discussing. He really wanted to take Taeyeon out, on a date. Something they have yet to do in the months that they’ve known each other. Or at least in a formal way.

          Mirroring the glow on his eyes, Taeyeon nodded her head with still the smile on her face as her response. “I’d love that.” She murmured. “But maybe you should dry up your hair first so you could head out soon already huh? What do you think?” Baekhyun immediately let out a laugh after, before nodding his head at her and doing what he was told to after.

          When the two were both done preparing, they headed downstairs together to finally leave for their own itineraries for the day. Before leaving, Taeyeon went to see Mrs. Lee for a while to leave out some things and Baekhyun remained on the living room, waiting for her even though Taeyeon told him to head out already before her.

          Walking back to the living room, she was surprised to see Baekhyun sitting on the couch. “I thought you went out already?” She asked as she slowly walked towards him.

          Smiling at her, Baekhyun stood up on his seat and spoke. “I wanted to wait for you.” He answered, draping an arm over her shoulder as soon as she neared him.

          Taeyeon furrowed her brows down before chuckling a little after. “Baek, we’re literally going to bring separate cars.” She retorted.

          “Don’t ask anymore, okay?” He responded, pinching her nose a little which he earned himself a groan and a scowl shortly after. He couldn’t help but to chuckle at her reaction before he brought themselves towards the door and out of the house.

          Before Taeyeon could even leave the front of the house and to her car which was parked in front, Baekhyun immediately stopped and called her. “Wait,” he uttered and Taeyeon stopped on her tracks and turned to him with her brows raised in anticipation and curiosity. “Where’s my kiss?” He asked, trying to suppress the huge grin on his face which he was obviously failed to do.

          Creasing her brows down on the middle together, Taeyeon felt her face heating up and she knew for a fact that she was about to involuntarily show off her infamous blush once again. Oh goddammit Byun Baekhyun, you’re such an expert for making me blush like this! “Stop it Byun!” She warned, but only got his laugh as a response. Look, here we go again with his laughing and teasing combo. It wasn’t like Taeyeon doesn’t want to do it—heck that would be a hell of a lie from her—but she just couldn’t seem to bring herself to do such thing anymore. Remember, it was the boldness in her that was driving her before to do such thing back in London, and she wasn’t sure how she would be able to get that boldness back again on her system. She would honestly couldn’t stand to think that over and over again. She couldn’t imagine she did such thing even. Goodness, is that how… irresistible Baekhyun is?

          Her flushed reaction has never failed to make Baekhyun amused in every possible way. He then suddenly felt like they were on London again, when they had just finished eating on a Japanese restaurant and he was playing around with her, teasing her so much. But pressing her would totally pissed her off once again, he knew. So he decided to cut it out already, though he was still laughing behind her as she was about to go off the stairs to her car. “Alright I’m just kidding!” He said as he followed her, carefully draping his arm again on her. “Text me when you get there, okay?” He then reminded and Taeyeon just answered with a nod.

          Pulling her close to him, he then placed a kiss on her temple instead. “I’ll see you later.” He softly said before letting go of her and watched her walked towards her car.

          As he watched her on his place with his hand on his jeans’ pockets, Taeyeon immediately stopped right before she could reach her car, and turned around back at him a few moments after. His brows raised in curiosity, he watched her as she made her way back towards him, stopping slightly on his side with an enough distance between them. He was just about to ask her what’s the matter when right away, she leaned in, tiptoeing on her soles, and gave his cheek a peck, enough not to leave a mark of her lipstick. “See you.” She quickly said before sprinting back towards her car.

          What she did, indeed caught him off guard. The last time she did something close to that, it had also caught him off guard and was very unexpected from her. But nevertheless, the huge smile painted on his face was enough answer that he was pleased with what she did. Oh Kim Taeyeon, why are you so unpredictable?

          Taeyeon didn’t dare to look back nor out of the window as soon as she was inside of her car already. She didn’t even expect she would do such bold thing once again. As soon as she was in front of her car door, she just suddenly felt the urge to do it, even though she was feeling shy and all. She thought it was ridiculous show she was acting like it was nothing when her face says otherwise instead. He has probably noticed this intense blushing even through these dark windows of my car, ugh! Without looking back, Taeyeon turned the engine on, and rode her car off on the road away after.

          Still smiling like an idiot on his stance, Baekhyun quietly watched her car drove away. Even though he wanted to relax his face already, his smile seemed to have its own way of thinking that it was just automatically forming and showing on his face even though he tried containing it.

          When her car was already out of his sight, he made his way towards his car, slightly shaking his head, with still, the obvious and idiot-looking smile on his face. He knew he had to learn how to suppress it, or else he would get a good amount of teasing from his friends if they caught him smiling in such way.

***

          Taeyeon found herself parking in front of the newly built café and resto of Sooyoung’s mom in the late afternoon after meeting up with Key at their headquarters. Her meeting with Key went all, and they’ve agreed on things already. Of course, she told her cousin to tone down the questions, and if possible, don’t give any questions that would just be hard and impossible for her to answer. After all, she knew she would be lying for the most part of the interview given the fact that the marriage started off as an agreement and not the real and traditional one.

          After parking her car perfectly beside Yuri’s, Taeyeon immediately saw her friends inside and hurriedly made her way as well. As soon as she entered the very cozy and relaxing café of her friend’s mom, her friends right away called for her. “The busy woman is here, finally!” Sunny announced and everyone laughed to it.

          “Congrats on snatching that job!” Taeyeon said as she handed her the wine that she got on her way for her friend as her present.

          Sunny upon receiving the very obvious paper bag of the wine, immediately let out a laugh. “You really do know me, huh? Indeed, you’re my friend.”

          “Of course,” she responded and winked at her.

          “Oh, Taengoo is here! Mom come out!” Sooyoung uttered as soon as she saw Taeyeon on the girls’ table and her mom suddenly popped out from behind her and welcomed Taeyeon with a big smile and a hug. “Taeyeon! It’s good to see you after so long!”

          “I’m glad to see you again as well, auntie!” She answered as she gave back the warm hug to the lady. “Congrats on your café auntie, it looks beautiful!” She added after pulling away from the hug. “I bought a present for you!” Together with Sunny’s wine, Taeyeon bought a simple vintage designed plates that could be used or displayed on the café.

          “You shouldn’t have bothered, but thank you! I’m sure this is beautiful!” Sooyoung’s mom answered as she took the present from Taeyeon’s hands.

          “Mom, Taeyeon is rich so you should take advantage of her money.” Sooyoung uttered beside them and Taeyeon frowned at her while her mother just laughed.

          “I’ll leave you girls behind so you could catch up together now. Go get their orders Sooyoung.” Her mom ordered and everyone on their table right away cracked up a laugh as soon as they heard it.

          “Mom!” Sooyoung whined and her mother just responded with a glare and told her to do what she asked her to, so with a scowl on her face, she half-heartedly took her friends’ orders and proceeded to give them to the chef on the back, before returning on their table.

          As they all wait for their orders to be cooked and served, the girls asked Sunny to share to them how she got her job and she gladly did. Though she would be annoyed to repeat the story from the beginning for the other girls who couldn’t make it today, Sunny could care less about it at the moment since she herself was too excited to share it to her friends already.

          Sunny’s sharing went until their foods were served already on their table. In the middle of their meal after Sunny finished, everyone immediately turned their gazes to Taeyeon. Though none of the girls were saying anything, Taeyeon could feel their eyes on her so without looking up at them, she asked, “What?”

          “Hey girlie, before you could even forget, you were the one who asked to hang out.” Tiffany, the always-present-never-absent girl of their group answered.

          “And you don’t do that unless something’s up with you.” Yuri added. There were times in her life where she just regret being friends with them for so long since they could read through her skin already without even her saying a thing.

          Letting out a sigh, she spoke after. “Well,” she started.

          There was a long silence around them before Tiffany brought herself to break it. “Is it Baekhyun?”

          Taeyeon felt herself freezing on her seat as soon as she heard her friend. How could she even guess it? With that, she was silent for a long time once again that her friends took it as a yes right away.

          “Oh my gosh, you’re falling in love aren’t you?!” Sooyoung exclaimed immediately with her eyes widely staring at her and Taeyeon suddenly had to urge to roll her eyes at her friend. Goodness. “Oh my gosh Taeyeon is—”

          “Shut up and let her talk! Geez.” Sunny, who was across Sooyoung uttered.

          Turning to her, Yuri then spoke. “But, are you…” she trailed off, wanting to be careful with discussing the matter.

          “I wouldn’t say that I’m falling in love exactly. Well, at least not yet.” Taeyeon uttered the last few words in a whisper, but the girls were quick to catch it and a small smile then formed on their own lips just from hearing it from Taeyeon herself.

          “Then what is it?” Sunny asked.

          It was a simple question, but it was hard and complicated for Taeyeon when she doesn’t even know the answer herself. All she knew was that he’s… making her confused since they were in London. And for what reason, that she did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter