AL 14

Abrupt Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***WARNING: Quite long, and rather a very very lame and messy chapter. I apologize if this chapter will bore you so much. But still, if you chose to read it, take some free time first before doing so. Thank you.***

 

It was already late in the morning in London’s time, the people outside are all out already and probably have started their respective days, yet the two were still deeply asleep in their room, savoring each and every time that they had to rest and sleep more. The tiredness from the long travel plus their late night strolling activity indeed took its toll on them. Their bodies weighed heavy against the mattress of the bed and their eyes were tightly shut and seemed like impossible to be opened. The cold air condition was also too comforting for them that they indeed found themselves sleeping deeply at the moment.

          The unending, and rather annoying noise that suddenly came to their room woke Baekhyun up from his sleep. As he prepped his head up from the pillow slightly, he noticed that it was coming from the hallway outside and eventually realized that it was the doorbell.

          He slumped his head back down on the pillows before he sighed loudly and shut his eyes. It’s morning, goodness. He then looked on his side to Taeyeon, who was still in his arms and was deeply sleeping as she cling on his body closely. The sight immediately sent a smile on his face and even moved his heart on his chest. It was enough to remove the annoyance that he got from the doorbell, which was actually still ringing at the moment.

          Sighing once more, he carefully and hesitantly pulled his arms away from Taeyeon’s body, moving as swiftly as he could to not wake her up in any possible way. He then fixed the duvet on top of her before he went out of the room, to go open the door.

          As he walked hastily towards the door, eager to get rid of the noise that the doorbell was emitting, he then peeped through the peephole and saw her mom, still in her pajamas, outside the door. He quickly opened the door and furrowed his brows in confusion as he looked at her. “Mom, what are you doing here?” He asked with his husky voice.

          His mom then felt guilty as she noticed that her son looked like he just woke up from his sleep. “Oh gosh, sorry for disturbing you!” She quickly apologized.

          Baekhyun shook his head as he stood between the door and the doorframe, preventing the door from closing. “It’s okay mom. Why are you here though?” He asked.

          “Oh I was thinking of inviting you two since we ordered some breakfast upstairs.” His mom answered.

          As his mom mentioned it, Baekhyun placed a hand on the nape of his neck as he looked back inside of the room and back to his mom. “Taeyeon is still sleeping though.” He uttered as an answer.

          His mom expected it, knowing that they were very much tired as well from their flight alone. “I knew it. By the looks of you, you looked like you were enjoying your sleep until I woke you up.” His mom answered before she chuckled and ruffled her son’s already messy hair.

          Baekhyun chuckled as well as he shut his eyes while his mom messily ruffled his hair. “It’s okay mom, don’t worry.” He said as he placed his arm over his mom’s shoulder after.

          His mom then placed her arm on his back as she spoke. “I’ll send the foods that we ordered here later so you wouldn’t have to order by yourselves.”

          “Mom,” Baekhyun called out, sighing after. “Don’t bother anymore, we can get our meals ourselves.”

          Shaking her head firmly, she looked up to her son after. “I insist. It’s your first morning in London, let me take care of you two for now.”

          Baekhyun chuckled at his mom’s response. “You don’t have to, mom.” He answered.

          “But I want to, so you can’t do anything.” She answered back before ruffling his hair once more. “I’ll send the foods in a while, take some more rest for a bit okay?”

          He didn’t argue with his mom anymore and just nodded his head and smiled. “Alright. Enjoy your breakfast with dad.” He uttered.

          “Enjoy yours as well in a while!” She then leaned in to give her son a kiss on his cheek, before she slightly tapped on it and waved him goodbye after.

          Baekhyun watched her until she the separate hallway that led to the elevator before he went back inside the room.

          As he quickly closed the door, he immediately went back to their room and caught Taeyeon still sleeping deeply on the bed, now clinging on a huge pillow instead. The mere sight of her was enough to pull the corners of his lips into a tender smile. He then carefully went back to his place on the bed, leaning his back on the pillow and placing his left hand behind his head as he stared at Taeyeon on his side. For the many times that he woke up beside her and her beautiful face every morning, he still never got tired of watching and observing her features. He even wondered if he would ever get tired of doing it. Probably not.

          Her closed eyes defined her long and beautiful lashes more than ever, her cute little nose that wrinkles whenever she’s annoyed or pissed, and her pinkish lips that he could clearly remember how soft it felt on his when he kissed it. Of course, how could he forget that. Every time he would see a glimpse of her lips, he would always be reminded of that moment on their wedding. It would always play on his mind.

          Before he could even notice, he was already stretching out his hand to run it through her hair on the top of her head. He carefully her hair and continued to watched her dearly as she slept.

          Minutes after, Taeyeon moved a little on her place and leaned on the touch from Baekhyun’s hand which caused him to smile widely on his place. She’s so cute.

          Taeyeon then stretched out her arms on her place before dropping it back on the pillow. Baekhyun didn’t stop with what he was doing and instead just observed her, waiting if she would wake up in any minute.

          Leaning her head on the pillow that she was hugging, she felt a hand her head and slowly opened her eyes without moving. When she finally adjusted her then blurry sight, she looked up and saw Baekhyun looking at her endearingly and realized that he was the one her head. Of course, who else would do that? “Good morning,” Baekhyun greeted in a low voice, smiling at her after.

          Instead of answering back right away, Taeyeon once more stretched her arms and her body on her place. After so, she scratched the back of her head as she looked up at him and finally made a greeting. “Good morning,” she muttered in a sleepy voice.

          Baekhyun let out a soft and short chuckle at her after. “Did you sleep well?” He asked as he removed the strands of her hair from her face.

          Taeyeon heaved a heavy sigh out from her nose and answered. “I’m still sleepy.” She simply answered as she blankly stared at the ceiling of the room.

          Baekhyun chuckled at her answer as he finished with his action. “You have an event to attend later, don’t forget.” He reminded her and she only groaned at the sudden reminder as her response. He was about to speak once more until the doorbell once again rang, getting both of their attentions right away. “Wait here.” He simply said to Taeyeon before standing up from the bed and walking to the door.

          His expectation was right as a butler with a cart full of meals appeared right in front of him after he opened the door. The butler then told him that he was asked to deliver the foods from the room upstairs, which was his parents’ room so he immediately opened the door widely and stepped aside to let him in. He then ushered and asked him to set the foods on the mini dining table near the glass door of one of the terraces. As soon as he finished his work, Baekhyun thanked him and the butler politely exited the room after.

          Putting on the jacket that she used last night when they strolled around, Taeyeon went out of the room slowly with her bare feet and quietly walked behind Baekhyun, who was facing her backwards at the moment and peeked over his side on the dining table. “What’s that?” She carefully asked to not startle him.

          Baekhyun just raised his brows upon hearing the sudden soft voice behind him and looked over at her and smiled. “Mom ordered these earlier and wanted to invite us upstairs to eat with them, but you were still sleeping so she sent it here instead.” He answered as he turned slightly towards her so he could face her in a nice position.

          Taeyeon made a silent “oh” after, pouting her lips out as she nodded her head before she spoke. “But auntie didn’t have to bother, really.” She answered as she straightened up on her stance.

          Baekhyun then chuckled at her. “You should practice calling her mom now, you know.” He uttered and only received an apologetic and cute smile from Taeyeon as a response. “But I told her that already, but she said she wanted to take care of us for our first day here.” He answered shortly after.

          A smile then crept out of Taeyeon’s face. “Your mom is so sweet, I love her.” She uttered before pulling out a chair to sit in. “Let’s eat, I’m hungry already!” She cheerfully invited.

          Her action made him grin and chuckle as he pulled the seat in front of her as well and sat down on it afterwards.

          The two were served with the traditional Full English Breakfast that they both seemed to enjoy eating. Along with it were a few toasts, a cup of coffee for each of them, and a few slices of apples and pieces of grapes. The two enjoyed their first breakfast in the London as they sat beside the glass door where they joyfully watched the morning unfold in London and its people. The roads were starting to get busy, and the sidewalk were quite crowded with people who were all probably headed to their respective works at the moment, but nonetheless, the scene was still very much pleasing for the both of them.

          It didn’t take them long to eventually finish their breakfast. As soon as everything was cleaned up, Taeyeon opened the glass door and stepped out on one of the terrace like how she did last night. She leaned her body on the black railing and happily watched everything around her. There was something about London that was making her feel relaxed, contended, and joyful. She didn’t mind being in the city where most of the people were found, in fact she could really care less about that matter. What she cared the most was how everything in London so far was making her feel good for some reason. She wasn’t sure, but out of all her trips in London, it was by far, the one where she was enjoying it the most. Well, it was absurd for her that she hadn’t done anything around the country yet, but she was already feeling good and happy.

          Baekhyun then stared on her back as he leaned on the doorframe of the glass door. He crossed his arms across his chest and crept a smile as he watched her looking around on her surroundings. “You like it here?” He asked.

          Taeyeon turned her head at him and smiled. “Very much,” she answered before pulling herself away from the railing. “Come here!” She invited.

          He then happily obliged and stood beside her and joined her as he leaned on the railing as well and looked around the surroundings. They stayed there in silence as they continued to observe the busy road and the people around the area. If it wasn’t for the doorbell ringing, the moment would be left uninterrupted. What’s with these doorbells today? Baekhyun thought. He then turned around and told Taeyeon that he would get it.

          Walking towards the door, he was surprised to see Jessica holding two covered and hanged clothes, standing outside the door. He quickly opened the door and greeted her. “Baekhyun!” Jessica greeted and gave him a short hug. “Is Taeng there?” She asked.

          “She’s out in the terrace.” He answered and made way for her to enter.

          As Taeyeon was busily exploring her eyes at everything that she could, a sudden familiar voice then called her. “Yah Taeyeon!” The voice caused her to jerk her head back immediately, and there her friend appeared right on her sight after.

          “Jess? What are you doing here?” She asked as she stepped back inside the room, closing the glass door behind her after.

          Jessica dropped the clothes that she was holding on the couch. “I brought your outfits for later.” She simply answered.

          Taeyeon then furrowed her brows at her and glanced on the covered clothes that her friend placed on the couch. “Jess, you didn’t have to.” She said as she slowly walked towards the couch.

          “You’re attending my branch opening later, of course I want you guys to wear something that I made.” Jessica answered as she sat down on the couch after.

          Taeyeon looked at her and tilted her head on her side. “Don’t tell me you’re making everyone wear your designs later?” She asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

          As her response, Jessica simply shrugged her shoulders. “Well, that’s how I wanted things to be done.” She simply and proudly answered after.

          Rolling her eyes, Taeyeon then looked at Baekhyun who was leaning on the doorframe of the bedroom that was just near to the couch and chuckled at Jessica’s answer. “I appreciate your personal delivery of our outfits, so may now leave thank you.” Taeyeon uttered, pulling her friend up from the couch.

          Jessica then protested and slapped Taeyeon’s hands. “Why are you in a hurry? Can’t I rest for a few minutes? I came all the way down here just to give the outfits to you for your information!” She complained.

          Taeyeon scoffed and rolled her eyes at her friend. “You’re staying in Knightsbridge as well, don’t be so dramatic.” She fired back that caused Baekhyun to laugh on the side.

          “Oh shut up lady! At least give me something to eat before I leave!” Jessica complained as she continued to push away Taeyeon.

          “Are you seeing any foods around here? Huh?” Taeyeon asked as she stretched both of her arms wide to show the place to her friend. “Here, eat this instead.” She uttered after getting the mini plant on the center table on the sitting area and handed it to Jessica.

          “Dammit! Alright, fine! I’m leaving!” Jessica yelled as she finally stood up on the couch, glaring at Taeyeon as she fixed her shirt. “Don’t be late later or else I’ll kill you.” Jessica uttered before she turned her back to finally leave.

          Taeyeon scoffed as she followed Jessica. “You probably should tell that to yourself and not to me.”

          Jessica then rolled her eyes as she reached for the door. “Whatever. I’m leaving now, I know you’re having some quality time with your husband so I’ll leave you two alone. Bye!” She teased for the last time before closing the door quickly so Taeyeon couldn’t answer back anymore.

          And indeed, Taeyeon was left on her stance as she glared through the door, hoping that it could still be sent to her friend. Why do my friends always talk so much? She shut her eyes and heaved a sigh before turning around, only to see Baekhyun who was then playfully grinning at her. She then frowned at him. “What are you grinning at?” She asked.

          Baekhyun laughed at her reaction. “What?” He asked between his laughs and Taeyeon just rolled her eyes at him before completely passing by him as she entered their room. He continued to laugh as he followed her inside that Taeyeon had to ask him again what was he laughing at for. Her reaction made him laugh more which immediately annoyed Taeyeon right away.

          “You’re going to stop laughing or I’ll kick you out of this room?” She asked.

          But instead of answering, Baekhyun just continued to laugh and walked closer to her to pinch her wrinkled nose slightly. “You’re so cute.” He said as he did so.  

          Instead of arguing more with him, Taeyeon just frowned and glared at him for some time before she finally started preparing for the event later in the afternoon.

          Baekhyun on the other hand was smiling throughout the time as he watched Taeyeon moved around the room with a frown on her face.

          The two soon busied themselves to finally prepare for the event later. Taeyeon brought out her own sets of makeups and did her makeup naturally as how she has always liked it to be, and curled the bottom of her long jet black hair. Matching Taeyeon’s simplicity with her style, Baekhyun simply styled his hair down as well.

          As soon as they were done styling their selves, they quickly slipped on their outfits that Jessica brought for them earlier. Taeyeon’s were a black leather straight skirt that hugged her skin until the mid-part of her thighs, and a white long-sleeved shirt that she tucked underneath the skirt. She paired the outfits with her black Jimmy Choo Elba 95 ankle boots, finishing her total look for the day. Baekhyun’s were a blue inner dress shirt and a white blazer for his top, matched with a light grey fitted trouser for his bottom which he paired it with his white sneakers. Taeyeon guessed that their outfits would be part of her friend’s upcoming fall and winter collection for it was her first time seeing it all. It was a clever move from Jessica that she made them wear her upcoming collections so she could provide a sneak peek of it already for the public.

          Baekhyun was then fixing the color of his shirt when Taeyeon finished putting on her boots and placing her stuffs on her black medium Chanel classic flap bag. She slowly walked behind him and peaked over his side to look at him through the mirror. Baekhyun immediately noticed her and smiled as he looked back at her through the mirror as well. Taeyeon then cutely smiled back at him as she placed both of her hands behind her. When he was done, he turned back to her and faced her. “Ready?” He simply asked as Taeyeon slowly pulled herself to straighten up on her stance.

          Instead of answering, Taeyeon stared down on the floor and sighed loudly through her nose. Is she ready? She was still anxious, even after going through the matter together already last night. It was the thought of everyone prying in on her life, on their life that scared her the most. The chaos and the unending possibilities of everything. If only she knew every answer to every problem that they would soon face in a moment, she wouldn’t bother thinking too much. But she didn’t. But I guess that’s what life is about. You have to wait and see it for yourself.

          Taeyeon finally looked up to him minutes after and reached out a hand to his shoulder to straighten out the small crease that formed already on his shoulder. As she did so, she once again let out a loud sigh, hoping that it was enough to release all of her thoughts and leave it all behind.

          Baekhyun carefully watched and observed her face as she continued to straighten out the now invisible crease on his blazer. Her face was fully painted with anxiety. She was obviously nervous; and it would also be a lie if he’d say that he wasn’t nervous as well. But he wanted to stop running away, and the only answer to it was to finally face everything that they feared to face back then. And this, he thought, may be the first step to it.

          He reached out and gently held her arm with his hand and gave it a slight squeeze after. “It’s okay,” he uttered with his comforting voice, smiling at her after. “I’m here.”

          Taeyeon looked up to him and saw the sincerity through his eyes and his smile that he gave her. It was enough to slow down the rapid moving of her thoughts and the uneasiness that she was feeling on her chest. She once again sighed and looked up to him once more and smiled back. “Let’s go?” She simply invited before Baekhyun nodded his head.

          He walked towards the bed and grabbed their coats that were neatly sitting on top of it. He helped Taeyeon wore hers and slipped on his after. Checking the room if they have left anything, they soon walked out to the hallway and to the elevator after. As the elevator was nearing towards the ground floor, Baekhyun reached out his hand to Taeyeon who was standing slightly behind him. Taeyeon stared at his hand for a moment, before finally placing hers on it, intertwining their hands together. A quiet sigh escaped Taeyeon’s lips as she once again felt the comfort from him, while a smile then formed on Baekhyun’s lips in contentment.

          Walking out of the lift hand in hand, they immediately saw the black van that they believed was the one that Jessica sent to pick everyone up. Walking out of the huge glass doors of the hotel, they immediately opened the van and saw Sunny, Yoona, Tiffany, and Sooyoung inside who then welcomed them with a “Good afternoon love birds!” as soon as they opened the door.

          “What in the hell?” Taeyeon asked as she narrowed her eyes at her friends but only received their laughs in response.

          “Hop in now love birds! Jess might kill us if we’re late!” Tiffany teasingly uttered from the back.

          Taeyeon was about to ignore her friend’s teasing, but immediately noticed the guy who was sitting right next to her. Wait, is that… “Nickhun?” She asked before she could even enter the van. Her brows were furrowed down as she stared at the familiar yet unfamiliar guy inside the van.

          Her other friends then laughed after which she took as a confirmation that indeed, it was Nickhun who was sitting beside her friend. “Hi Taeng!” Nickhun shyly greeted as he waved to Taeyeon.

          A huge grin then formed on Taeyeon’s lips as she teasingly looked at her friend. “You didn’t tell me that you guys are back together.” She told Tiffany before finally entering the van with Baekhyun behind her.

          As they sat on the front seats, Tiffany then answered back to her. “Who said we’re back together?” She asked and only received a “boo” from her other friends.

          When they were finally seated comfortably, Taeyeon slightly turned back to answer her friend. “I guess that explains why you were the last one to fly here in London.” She teasingly said which the rest of the girls agreed after.

          “There’s nothing going on between us. Jess invited him, so I tugged him along. That’s all!” Tiffany answered back, which the rest of the girls chose to completely ignore, knowing that it was indeed a lie.

          “Baek, that is Nickhun, Tiff’s boyfriend. Nick, this is Baekhyun…” Taeyeon immediately trailed off as soon as she realized that she was actually finally introducing Baekhyun to someone after their wedding. She then looked at Baekhyun who was already staring at her with his brows raised high and with what she thought was some kind of anticipation on his eyes. She then let out a short sigh before she spoke once more. “This Baekhyun, my husband.” A smile then tugged on her lips after as she looked at Baekhyun, who was also smiling at her at the moment.

          If it wasn’t for the need to politely shake Nickhun’s hand behind, Baekhyun wouldn’t even had the guts to remove his eyes from hers. “It’s nice to finally meet you, and I’m not Tiffany’s boyfriend.” Nickhun uttered as they shook hands.

          “Don’t believe him,” Taeyeon mumbled to Baekhyun, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

          “But it’s true!” Tiffany cried out.

          “We’ve heard that before, lady.” Sunny who was seated on the back answered and everyone, including Kyungho, Sooyoung’s boyfriend who was with them as well, couldn’t help but to agree with it.

          “You know what, whatever.” Tiffany uttered as she finally gave up with her friends.

          As soon as their laughs died down inside the van, everyone remained silent as they finally made their way to Oxford Street. As the other girls chatted on the back of the van, Baekhyun and Taeyeon on the other hand continued with their admiring of London which they had been doing since they strolled last night. More ideas and plans for their trips came to their minds as they adored the surroundings of London.

          It was until when the familiar designer stores appeared on their sights that they realized that they were already arriving in a moment. The ride was relatively short for Knightsbridge wasn’t really that far away from Oxford Street. As soon as the sight of the crowd with their phones, and huge cameras on their hands appeared to them, Taeyeon felt her heart pounded loudly on her chest. As her habit, she unconsciously reached for the wedding band on her left hand and caressed each parts of both rings to calm herself down. It would be the first time that they would actually and officially appear to the public and to the curious medias as a couple. They did during her fashion show, when she gave some autographs to some of the fashion students who were outside the venue before they proceeded to the after party, she was even questioned if the heart shaped diamond cut ring on her left ring finger was an engagement ring. But no words were spoken. Rumors came out, but it died down and disregarded quickly than ever. But this time was different. News had already spread out and journalists have probably researched about them already. Yet, she refused to read every article there has in the world about her wedding and marriage. About them. She doesn’t know what’s about to happen once she stepped outside with Baekhyun in front of everyone, but she has to see it for herself.

          With his sharp eyes and keen observation, Baekhyun immediately noticed her uneasiness and the way she was touching her rings on her finger. She was staring outside, on the flock of crowd, cramped behind the metal barriers in front of Jessica’s store and was biting on her lower lip as she did so. He could totally understand what she was feeling at the moment for he too was being nervous. They did talk about it, but it wasn’t enough to actually calm their minds. It wasn’t detailed enough for them to know what to actually do when this time arrives. But the time was right in front of him already. In front of them. There was no turning back indeed. So instead of burying his self with his thoughts, his worries, his fears, and his concerns, he decided and bravely pushed those all away. After all, they were in London and he wanted to spend every moment that they have in the place nicely.

          He hastily reached out for her hand and squeezed it which made Taeyeon to turn right at him; her eyes were overflowing with worries. “It’s okay, don’t worry.” He whispered, so only Taeyeon could hear it.

          Taeyeon stared at him with her brows furrowed down in concern. “Baek,” was all that she managed to utter in a whisper before she turned back to look outside the window of the vehicle.

          Baekhyun draped an arm over her and gripped on her shoulder to comfort her, while his other hand was still holding her hand tightly. “It’s alright. We’re all here. I’m here.”

          She wished it was enough to actually calm her down like how it did earlier back in their room, but the overwhelming sight of the medias with their big cameras with them was too much for her to make herself calm. “It’s about time. Breathe.” Baekhyun whispered to her minutes after, before she heard the door of the vehicle sliding open. Obliging to what Baekhyun said, she took a deep breath and sighed loudly, squeezing Baekhyun’s hand as well after. The short nod that she gave Baekhyun was enough signal for him to know that she was ready. Before going out, he gave her one warm smile before finally stepping out of the vehicle.

          As soon as he stepped out, a clamor then started to erupt from the crowd and their cameras started to flash madly as they curiously and eagerly took photos of Baekhyun.

          Taeyeon quickly slid herself on the seat and followed Baekhyun shortly. She took the outstretched hand of Baekhyun as she stepped down from the van and gave him a polite, yet careful smile as her gratitude after.

          As her friends started to hop down off of the van after, a man whom Taeyeon recognized as one of Jessica’s staffs came up to them and ushered them towards the store. As they made their way, questions were thrown into them, more specifically to her, asking if the man who was with her—Baekhyun, was her “mystery” husband. And as she learned from her experiences, she chose to ignore every questions and silently followed the staff with Baekhyun behind her. None of them were actually hiding the rings from the crowd, and in fact, Taeyeon was so sure that everyone had probably taken a photo of their rings as soon as they made their way out of the huge vehicle. It is an enough answer for all of their questions.  

          Arriving in front of the store,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter