The Finale

Life as Taeyeon

“You’ve been ignoring me.” Jessica says as she catches me before I leave the company. 

She’s not wrong. I haven’t replied to the message she sent me. I was hoping she wouldn’t notice me. 

“I just haven’t known what to say.”

“Did Fany tell you not to speak to me?” 

“Uhh...” 

I look around the hall then grab her wrist and pull her into an empty room. This isn’t something to talk about in public. 

“You need to apologize to Fany if you really want to make things right.”

She sighs, “I can’t talk to Tiffany.”

“Why not?”

“W-well. Since I don’t think this is a secret anymore... I like you. I kind of liked you in the past but I realized I still do... I’m jealous of Fany...”

I heard but... It’s hard to think of what to say. 

“Sica, I—“

“I already know what you’re going to say. I’ve known since forever Taeyeon. You don’t hide your feelings as well as you think you do.”

“She’s very important to me... That’s why unless you apologize to her we can’t speak.” I open the door to leave. 

“Is it fun being told what to do all the time? The company, Tiffany?”

“Fany doesn’t tell me what to do. I do these things because I want to. If you really liked me you would understand.”

I turn away. I’m about to leave the room—

“It was me. I heard... A rumour about you and Fany. So I hired paparazzi to follow Fany around. I gave the pictures to the company in order for them to let me back... At the time I thought it was a chance for me to get revenge for being mistreated by the company. Then I saw you again and remembered the feelings I once had. What I felt towards you was never hatred. I had changed it into that in order to move on. In order to finally be happy with my boyfriend but it didn’t work. That just made me want to break you two up more so I talked to Nichkhun which led to the scandal. After all this it just made your relationship stronger so there’s no point in keeping this a secret... Now you know. Now you can hate me and I can finally break off the feelings I have for you.”

It all makes sense now. The reason Jessica knew about the pictures. The reason Tiffany calls her a snake. If she had told me this a few days ago she’s right I would hate her but because of everything that’s happened. It’s led me to this important decision. I turn back to her. 

“The pictures don’t matter anymore because I’m going to tell everyone myself.”

“Did I hear that right.... Are you crazy! I heard your album had about 80 000 preorders  and today all the songs on the album are lined up on the charts! You’re the most successful female Singer in Korea! Are you trying to ruin your life!”

“No... No I’m not. It’s because of that.”

“That doesn’t make sense! Does Tiffany know about this?”

“No she doesn’t. I told you she doesn’t control what I do.”

“This won’t make her happy. In fact probably the opposite.”

“... I’ve decided already. I’m not changing my mind. Today... I got so many messages from people close to me and from my hoobaes and from people other companies telling me they look up to me, that they love me. How I inspire them. This morning I was thinking why is our country like this? So strict, so disapproving. Why doesn’t someone change it? But the answer was obvious. Since a long time ago our group SNSD has been leading the way. All these new groups look up to us, up to me. I’m the one that has to take risks and to be true to myself. My fans trust me. I was always more used to following. I followed my brother and asked him for advice but now I’m not a follower anymore. There’s no one ahead of me telling me what to do.”

Sica starts tearing, “That... Seems kind of lonely. I know it is. We’re similar.”

I shake my head, “I thought that before but it’s not lonely anymore. I have the members beside me, I have the people that support me and this time while working on the album I made friends. I went out with them. I was really happy. Right now I’m really happy and... Fany...makes me really happy.” I get embarrassed from my statement but I see Jessica wiping her tears. She probably feels bad for doing everything she’s done. I hope she does... I don’t know if I can forgive her... I can’t forgive people who hurt the ones I love. I understand now. Jessica can’t be in the group any more. 

I sigh and give her a hug ,”I’m still angry. Leave your boyfriend , apologize to Fany and focus on being happy in your life. I wouldn’t be able to make you happy. You need someone who has their life in order... When I tell everyone. Does that mean all of this over?”

She holds me tightly, “For me it means I can’t be here anymore! We were all talking about the songs and concepts! But when I go no one will even know!”

“Sica-yah I’m sorry but... It’s better this way... Goodbye. Please understand.”

I let go of the hug and leave the room. I try not to look back. For some reason this feels nostalgic. It feels as though I’ve already made this decision many times before. My life is full of too many decisions. No one ever gives me the right answer.  It was my fault that this happened . In 2014 I shut everyone out. I wasn’t in a good place because of that I hurt lots of people. I hurt Jessica, I hurt Baekhyun. We were always fighting, I was depressed. I don’t want to be like that anymore. 


Tiffany POV 


I’m in my room listening to music with prince. I got him to wear this cute pink outfit I bought him. He’s cute. Cutest dog in the world. Sorry Taeyeon Prince is cuter than Ginger. I feel like I haven’t been doing much recently. I want to perform again! I feel like writing music so I switch of the current song and take out my notebook. Its weird I’m lying on my bed but I haven’t slept here in a while. Taeyeon likes her room too much she’s even got a projector in there. 

I sigh, “ My room is nice too Tae!”

Couples usually share one room. Maybe I’ll reorganize her stuff without telling her. I smile to myself . Or not. She’d hate that...

I stare at my notebook. For lyrics... It’s often about love. 

But if I write about love now ... The way I feel now... I push my pencil onto the page. 


‘I want to kiss you 

I want to touch you 

I want you 

I love you ‘- inspired by Taeyeon Make Me Love You 


My face goes red. Maybe it’s not such a good idea to write now. I take out my phone. 

“Tae what are you doing? Are you busy?” I message 

“I have a break now. I’m not busy.” 

“Did people congratulate you at the company?”

“Yes~ everyone I’ve run into. I’m starting to get shy.”

“It’s ok taeyeonie ~ Don’t be shy~ and smile ~^^”

“kkkk ok.... Hey Fany-ah what do you think would happen if I stopped releasing music, I stopped appearing on tv, I stopped updating social media and just disappeared... With you I mean.”

I frown, “TAEYEON! ARE YOU CRAZY! STOP BEING SILLY!”

“.... I thought so... I have to make the right decision about something that’s why... I kind of felt like running away.”

“What type of decision made you think that way?”

“... Today I have a promotion for my album. I want you to come.”

“If it’s for your album am I allowed to go? Isn’t this short notice?”

“It’s on Vapp. I’m sure they won’t mind.”

“Maybe a phone call would be better. I want the spotlight to be on you.”

“Please. I can’t do it without you.”

“Just a short appearance....”

Why does Tae want me to come so badly? Is there something going on? Are other people coming? 

I get another message but it's from Jessica, "I'm sorry. Goodbye. "

Is that all? All of a sudden? Goodbye? 


Taeyeon POV 


It’s almost time. The Vapp is about to start. Tiffany isn’t here. She said a short appearance so she didn’t come here on time on purpose. I should have suspected as much... Today the plan is to have a Vlive while I’m on the bed. A relaxing live broadcast where I talk to the fans and listen to music before bed. That was the plan. But I may have changed the plan without anyone knowing. We’ll see... 

I lie down on the bed and the live starts. Everything goes along normally and I talk to the fans. After about half an hour I see Tiffany by the door. The staff looks surprised. Tiffany can tell so she keeps her distance and watches from a far. I gesture with my hand for her to come forward. The staff decide to just go with the flow and encourage Tiffany to come in front of the camera. 

“Fany came!” I announce to the camera 

“Hi everyone ~ congratulations Taeyeonie! I hope I’m not intruding. I’ll just stay for a bit.” Tiffany sits down on the bed , “Is this how you do it? I’ve never been on one of these bed Vlives before.” She smiles. 

I grab her wrist and lightly tug her to lie down, “You have to lie down.”

“Right ! Of course!” she lies down and looks at me then realizes this situation is too close to reality so she turns and looks the other way. She laughs, “This is kind of fun! The atmosphere is very homely.”

“It’s fun right. The time just flied. I’ve been talking to the fans and listening to music.”

“Your songs?”

I laugh awkwardly, “Not yet.”

“You’re horrible at promotion Tae. I guess it was good I came. “ She smiles.

I stare at her, “Yeah it’s really good that you came.” I hold her hand and move closer. 

She looks at me surprised. Right now our relationship doesn’t look very friendly but she can’t say anything because this is live. And if she suddenly pulls away it would be weirder. 

“There was actually something I wanted to say.” I continue. 

I can’t concentrate too well on what I’m saying because all I can hear is my heart rate. Tiffany can probably tell that I’m nervous. My palms are sweaty. I don’t want to look at anyone else around me right now. Let me just pretend I’m alone with Tiffany at home on the bed. 

“What is it...” She tries to act natural 

“The thing is... What I want to say is....”

I’m taking too long I can tell the staff want this to stop. 

Tiffany can tell something is wrong, “Ta-Taeyeon wait. We can’t. This is too... I should... I should probably get going. I’ll see you at home ok.” 

I can sense some of the staff want to end the broadcast. They’re holding up signs telling me to say goodbye. I have to say it now or they’re just going to end it themselves. 

“I’m in love with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Not as just friends. You’re the love of my life. It can’t be anyone but you. If we could I want to get married. I want to be married to you.”

The staff pauses for a moment from pure shock. 

“Did you just propose to me.” Tiffany let’s out. 

Hearing Tiffany speak starts the chaos and the staff quickly ends the stream. Tiffany panics as well. She pulls away from me , “OH MY GOD!  OH MY GOD! THAT WAS LIVE TAEYEON! LIVE!”

The staff starts to swarm us. I’m freaking out. I can’t handle this. People are boxing me in. They look frantic. I can’t hear anything they’re saying. I grab Tiffany’s hand and pull her out the room. 

“Taeyeon! Wait! What are you doing!”

“I-I don’t know! I wanted everyone to know how much I love you! You can... You can just say you rejected me!” 

“WAIT! TAEYEON! NO! THIS IS CRAZY! DID YOU NOT WANT TO TELL ME BEFOREHAND!”

I can feel my phone vibrating like crazy. People know. People saw. People are following us. It’s  sinking in. What I just did. 

“I THINK I MADE A MISTAKE! THIS TIME I WAS WRONG! I-I’LL JUST DISAPPEAR.”

Tiffany stops causing both of us to halt then she throws her arms around me and hugs me, “ YOU’RE SO STUPID! YOU SAY YOU WANT TO MARRY ME AND THEN YOU SAY YOU WANT TO DISSAPEAR ALONE!” 

I can feel Tiffany shaking. She’s scared. I hug her back tightly. 

“I thought maybe I could make a change but I think I messed up! If people started hating on you because of me I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself! That’s why this has to be all my fault! Tell them you didn’t know anything!”

“I can’t! Do you think I’m a strong person Tae? Because everyone seems to think so! But they’re wrong! I can’t do anything without you! I said so a long time ago! You’re the roots that hold me together ! If I don’t have you I’ll fall to pieces!”

My shoulder feels slightly wet. Is she crying? Staff are gathered. I guess it wasn’t possible to be alone here but they don’t get too close. How could they when Tiffany is hugging me tightly while crying. I don’t think they know what to do. I can hear whispers. 

“Fany-ah... Are you upset because of what I did?”

“I don’t know!”

I pull away from the hug, “You are crying...”

She wipes her tears, “I’m overwhelmed.” 

“Now... It’s not a secret. Now everyone knows that I love you.”

“Yeah they do.. Everyone will know....”

I lean forward and give her a Peck on the lips. Some people gasp. 

“So I can do this now?”

Tiffany looks around at the people in a panic ,”I-I don’t know if you can.”

She holds my hand looking for help. Gripping it tightly . Tiffany seems so helpless right now... 

I turn to the people, “Is there something you want to say or are you just going to watch?”

I look back at Tiffany who is looking down, “Let’s go home. I’ll make sure everything is ok.”

We go home and as soon as I open the door I see Sunny standing there. 

“ARE YOU CRAZY!” she shouts. 

“Sunny I—“

Tiffany interrupts me, “Let’s just deal with this tomorrow.”

Sunny makes a fist to calm her rage then sighs, “Tomorrow will be chaos. There's nothing we can do now."

Tiffany looks at me, “I want to sleep in my room today.”

Alone? She is upset with me? 

“Guere (ok) I understand....”

“You can sleep with me.”

Maybe not? 

“O-Ok.”

We get ready for bed... Tiffany has been very quiet. I turned my phone off because it wouldn’t stop vibrating. We’re lying in Tiffany’s bed. She’s curled up with her back to me. I don’t know if I can sleep today. 

“Can you turn the light off?” Tiffany asks 

“Right.” I reach over to the bed side light but bash the notebook leaning on the side causing it to fall over. It falls to the floor and I reach to pick it up but pause as I see what’s written.

I can feel Tiffany turn, “Did something fall?”

“Yeah. I’ll pick it up now.”

I pick up the pencil and notebook. 

“Did you see?”

“Are those lyrics about me?”

She blushes, “...They’re about you.”

“I feel the same way.”

“Today.... What you said. I don’t know if you wanted me to give an answer but yes. Yes I’ll marry you. ”

I grab her hand, “I’ll! I’ll buy you a really expensive ring! So expensive!”

She smiles, “You said it not me. No take backs Tae.”

“...Yeah.”

“I’ll buy you an expensive ring too and we can have a big wedding. We can invite all our friends and family and take lots of pictures. We’ll wear fancy designer dresses and it will be so beautiful. Does that mean we just get lots of bridesmaids? Prince and Ginger can be the best men. They would look so cute in tuxedos.” She tells me excitedly 

“....”

“Taeyeon?”

I’m taking everything in. That is what people do when they get married. I didn’t think that far ahead 

“O-Ok.”

“Too much? Did you want a smaller wedding?”

“No. We can have a wedding exactly how you want it.”

She hugs me. We still live in Korea right??  Tiffany you know we live in Korea right! 

“I’m really happy! I mean you proposed to me! Kim Tiffany? Hwang Taeyeon?” She giggles 

Koreans don’t usually change surnames! Tiffany you know we’re Korean right! Should I say something? But she’s really happy.

Since she’s in a good mood now.... And clingly and bra-less. And hot and my wife and bra-less. 

“We should consummate our marriage.”

“What’s that in English?”

“...Complete our marriage by having ”

“When we’re married are you going to lose interest in me? People say that. That it’s just a honeymoon phase.”

Lose interest??? 

“Mian (sorry) . When we’re 50 we’ll still be having everyday.”

She pulls away from the hug and bashes me ,”Byuntaeyeon.”

“That’s what you want right?”

“Maybe... I don’t want to think about being 50.”

“When I’m 50 will you still like me?” I worry.  

“Of course! Just take better care of yourself and come with me to the gym.” 

There were conditions... 

She laughs, “Don’t look sad Taeyeon . I’m just joking! Not really though.” She teases 

I frown and put my hand around her waist to pull her closer, “I heard there’s this thing that keeps you young and your skin healthy and all sorts of things and only you can help me with it.” 

She smirks ,“I’m sure there’s tons of people willing to help you with that actually.”

“So I should go ask them?” I tease 

“You ask them. You die Tae.”

I smile, “I got it honey.” I say then kiss her. 


*The next day *


“There’s paparazzi outside the dorm!” Sunny runs into the room. 

Tiffany opens her eyes and shakes me, “Taeyeon wake up! What do we do!”

I slowly wake up, “Uhhh.... I’ll talk to them.”

“Talk to them and say what!” Tiffany and Sunny shout at the same time. 

“That... We’re married now ....”

“Taeyeon’s still half asleep.” Sunny says

“Do you want to tell them that we’re together ?” Tiffany says 

“Fany-ssi that is a bad idea. Let’s just not say anything now. Taeyeon has already said enough. I saw some news articles... Because of your 'relationship' with Nichkhun the spotlight has been put on Taeyeon.” Sunny worries 

“Its not just Taeyeon! It's me too! I love Taeyeon! Taeyeon put clothes on we’re going to talk to the paparazzi!” Tiffany decides 

“FINE! You two do what you want!” Sunny complains and leaves the room. 

Wait what really? Are we going to tell them that?! Tiffany drags me out of bed and before I know it we’re standing in front of the door. 

I give Tiffany a hug, “Is it ok?”

“It’s ok. This is what you decided. Do you remember? Together no matter what?” 

I hold her for a while then slowly let go. 

I open the door.... ,”Together forever.”

****


*11 years ago *


“Taeyeon I was thinking...” Stephanie says while we’re out shopping together. 

“’You’ were thinking?” I tease. 

“What! You know I think about stuff!” she bashes me. 

“Ow. So what were you thinking about?”

“We’ve been practicing together and everything but they keep moving people around. What if we don’t end up in the same group?”

“Hmmm....”

“Will you miss me?” She says sadly 

“ Of course! But even if I’m not there you get along so well with everyone...”

“But you’re my best friend.”

“You’re my best friend too.”

She flashes me a huge eye smile ,” You mean that right TaeTae! Because I don’t know if you know this but you mean a lot to me. That’s why I’m scared.”

I hold her hand, “You don’t have to be scared even if we’re not in the same group we’ll still see each other. If you get lonely or if Korean is too hard or if something is bothering you you can phone me. I’ll always be there for you.”

She stares at me, “You’ll always be there for me?”

*Dogun dogun dogun *

“Yeah.”

She let’s go of my hand and sticks out her pinky ,” Do you want to promise? Together no matter what?”

I link my pinky with hers, “I promise... In 10 years will we really remember. There’s so many things could happen.”

“It’s the people that make them reliable Tae. I’ll never forget. But I guess...” She leans forward and gives me a kiss on the cheek. She blushes and looks away, “Now you can’t forget ok.”

“....”

“Taeyeon?”

I think my face is red so I turn away, “I’ll never forget. Together forever.”

 

The end 

 

A/N: Thank you everyone who read my story and supported it and subscribed and upvoted and left comments! I really hope it turned out to be an interesting story! TT I had a good time writing it ^^ I'm happy with ending it this way but there is the possibility of a sequel in the future if people are interested. Or maybe just an omake (extra ) Also if you want to follow me on twitter:  My twitter