Valentines Day

Life as Taeyeon

*Taeyeon POV *


I’m so busy but it’s valentines day and I'm with Tiffany. She isn't just anybody. She's the most important person to me. I managed to get out of the company for an hour to search for a present for her. I definitely need to give her more than a cake. I know her she’ll be happier if it’s something expensive so I go to a jewellery store. The rings here are very pretty. 

“A valentines day gift? We have a wide range of male rings if you want to choose something for your partner. We also have new couple rings in stock especially for valentines day.” The female employee informs 

“Ah no that’s fine. I want to get something for my best friend.”

I just want one female ring. We have couple rings already. 

“Oh.. Oh in that case here is the selection of friendship rings.” She gestures to the range. She seems a bit nervous. I wonder if she recognizes me. I had to leave the company in full make up with minimum disguise. 

The friendship rings aren’t exactly what I’m looking for. I look next to the friendship rings and see a ring that catches my eye. It’s sparkly but not too gaudy. It’s very pretty and it’s her size. It stands out a bit but I don’t want it to be like the other rings she has. 

2 800 000 Won (2 500 dollars) 

She’ll definitely like it at that price. That's only a bit less than the necklace I bought her for her birthday. 

“That’s an engagement ring.” She informs. 

“I’ll take this one.”

She obviously hesitates before taking it out. I mean who buys an expensive engagement ring for their best friend on valentines day. I just hope she likes it. 

“Should ...should I wrap the box?” She offers 

“No just the box is fine.”

I beg them to let me out for supper and go back to the dorm to pick Tiffany up. I only realize when I get there that I forgot to take out the blue contacts I was wearing for the music video. I was in too much of a rush. Whereas Tiffany looks dressed for an award ceremony. She’s wearing an elegant but y red dress with full make up and perfect hair. She looks amazing but she looks like Tiffany and I look like Taeyeon with blue eyes. I hope it’s fine. I don't want people to bother us on a date. 

“I guess I have to take you to a fancy restaurant.” I say in the car

“I don’t mind. I’ll go to Burger king like this.” 

I laugh, “We would definitely stand out.”

I take her to an expensive Italian restaurant. It was actually full for the week but they got us a table when they saw who we were. I look through the menu a couple of times. Maybe I should have just bought her fried chicken. I got too caught up in Valentines day. This stuff is going to give me a stomach ache. An expensive stomach ache. 

“Thank you for taking me here Tae. I know you don’t like this type of food.”

“I’ll try find something...”

She smiles, “We can go somewhere else.”

“No it’s fine.” I smile, “This time.”

“I love your blue eyes.” She stares at me in that flirty way that she often does. 

Thinking about it. An expensive romantic Italian restaurant on valentines day and I’m going to give her an engagement ring? No she doesn’t have to know that. It’s just a ring. I look at her over the menu she’s all dressed up as well. Dressed up for me. 

“Should we talk about yesterday?” She teases 

“No.” 

I cover my face with the menu. 

She giggles, “You’re like a puppy. Do you want to know why?”

“No.”

“Because you get really excited when you see me.”

I put my menu down, “Ah Jinjja! (Seriously) Don’t be like that!”

She smiles cheekily, “I like puppies~”

“Have you decided on your drink order? We have wine recommendations with each meal if you are interested.” The waiter informs

“Taeyeonie can I get champagne?” Tiffany asks 

I nod 

She orders expensive champagne and I order iced tea. My album better sell well if I'm going to keep this up. He comes back shortly with the drinks and we order our food. 

Tiffany takes a sip of her champagne, “This is good. Do you want some?”

“I have to go back to shooting straight after this so I think it’s better if I don’t.”

She holds my hand and looks at my nails. 

“I could guess that from your eyes and nails. They’re full of sparkly gems.” 

“Do you like them?”

“I do like them and they’re very pretty but...”

I grin, “But?”

She lets go of my hand, “Nothing.”

I look at my nails, “Maybe I’ll keep them like this for a while. I know you love your sparkly nails. ”

She takes a sip of champagne, “Fine. Do that.”

She so obviously doesn’t like it. 

I chuckle, “I’ll get rid of them as soon as the music video is finished.”

She tries to hold back a smile ,“If you want.”

“I think you’ll love the music video and the song. It's called 'I got love'. It’s your style.”

Very 50 shades of grey. 

“You must let me hear the songs! I’m really curious! You can’t keep me waiting! I’m your biggest fan!”

I chuckle ,“I will . I’ll let you hear them. I promise.”

Tiffany smiles at me then looks in her bag and takes out a box, “I bought you a gift.”

“Fany-ah thank you. I didn’t know if you would.”

“Of course I would!”

She cups her face and leans forward cutely, “Well open it.”

I open it to see a simple but tasteful silver bracelet. I often prefer simple things. I really like it. 

“I know It’s really simple but I think it will go well with a lot of your normal clothes even your pajamas. I want you to wear it a lot because... the front is blank but look at the back.”

I look at the back, “Stephanie.” I read out. It's written prettily in cursive. 

“I’m not trying to take it from you by putting my name on it. It’s yours. I guess I’m trying to say that I’m yours or you're mine or both.” Her face goes red

This is just like her. Giving me something like this. Matching everything, picking out my clothes, pink, things with her name on it. Making it obvious that I'm hers. I smile. 

“I love it.”

"Really! I'm glad! Since it's our first Valentines Day together I wanted to get something you'll like." She says happily 

I put it on straight away then I search my bag for the box. I’m nervous . Maybe I should have bought her a bracelet. 

“I.. Uh.. I got you another gift besides the cake and the dinner.” I say covering the box with my hands

She shows me a big eye smile, “Really?”

“I thought I should get you something longer lasting. I know you like to change things with trends but I want you to wear this a lot too.” I push the box forward and look away. 

She opens the box, “Oh my God! Taeyeon this is beautiful! Of course I'll wear it!”

Tiffany puts the ring on her left ring finger and looks at it, “I love this so much! Its so elegant! This looks expensive! How much was it?”

“... 2.8 million Won.”

“You spent 2.8 million Won on buying me a ring for Valentines day!”

“Is it too much?”

“No! There’s never a too much! Tae If we weren’t in a restaurant I would kiss you . I love you so much. ”

She makes a heart with her hands. 

I smile, “It suits you especially when you’re dressed like this. You’re very pretty. Prettier than the ring.” I complement her. 

She blushes and looks down, “Thank you Taeyeon. I’m really happy. Not just about the ring but about everything. You make me happy.”

It was worth the money. 

The food comes and Tiffany says it’s amazing but I’m not sure. I did really enjoy the desert. She took pictures of me and all the food and us. I’d love to stay longer but I need to get back to the company. She asks for the bill and without hesitation he hands it to me...? I have no clue how he knew I was paying. 

 

*Tiffany POV “


Taeyeon went back to the company. I’m lying on the couch staring at the ring she bought me. How can I be prettier than this ring Tae? It’s so beautiful. Dinner felt like a romance movie. Taeyeon looked so dreamy with dark hair and blue eyes. I want to make out. I want her to touch me. I want to touch her... I sound like a teenager. I take a picture of the ring and post it to the group. 

“Valentines Day gift from Taeyeonie~”

I’d love to post it on instagram but I don’t think I should. 

Oh yeah today I was going to FaceTime with my sister Michelle. It’s probably about 8:00 in America now. I wonder if she’s up?

I try phoning her and she picks up. 

“Heyyy Steph! Good morning!” She says cheerfully in her pyjamas 

“Heyyy Mich!” I reply back ,”How have you been?”

“You’re the one with news! I heard. You and Nic again. Why do I have to hear this stuff from other people Steph.”

I completely forgot. I was only thinking about Taeyeon ever since supper. 

“You heard about that!”

“I’m always looking out for news about my little sister! So it’s already night time there. Did he get you something for Valentines Day? “ she winks

“Actually I am seeing someone but it’s not Nichkhun. That whole dating news was just a misunderstanding! It’s so annoying! The paparazzi are a nightmare!”

She laughs, “Your life is so dramatic . So who’s the new guy? Is it someone I know?” she asks curiously. 

“It’s someone you know but I want to tell you when s.. He’s here.”

“Aw come on Steph I’ll be too curious. At least give me a hint.”

“No way!” I tease 

“Fine!  At least tell me what he did for you on Valentines Day. And if he didn’t do anything you should dump him now.”

I laugh ,”He’s very busy today but he sent me a cake this morning and then he got time off to take me to a fancy Italian restaurant for supper. It was so romantic. S.. He also bought me this pretty ring.” 

I show the ring close to the camera. 

“! Steph can we swap!”

“No~ you can keep your husband !”

“He sounds rich. Is he hot too?”

I smile “Yes!”

She thinks for a moment, “And I know him? Do you have good chemistry ?Have you slept with him? How’s the ?”

I laugh and cover my face, “Are you really asking me that? When you find out who it is you are going to regret it.”

“When you’re married there’s no room for embarrassment anymore.” She jokes 

“If you really want to know... Chemistry is amazing. The is...  hot. Like... Wow. I really had no idea. Way better than I thought. Like the best and I could kiss all the time. But I was actually teasing him today because yesterday...”

I got too carried away. 

“Yesterday?” She grins 

“Nothing!”

“Oh my God Steph! When did you become so secretive! Do Koreans not tell people anything.”

“Seriously Mich I can’t tell you this! Ta... He would kill me. He already got upset when I was teasing him.”

“I’m like on the opposite side of the world and I can’t speak Korean. I doubt he’ll find out.”

She’s never going to let this go. How am I going to word this. 

“Fine... So yesterday... We were having and he came like straight away then he got depressed about it and went to sleep.”

She laughs ,”  I think that’s cute.”

“That’s what I said!”

She laughs again, “I can tell you like each other a lot especially on his side. Try keep this one Steph. And I really want to see him you said you would introduce me. I’m not lying. I don’t want to find out from the news.”

“If you really want to know I might be able to tell you a bit later.”

Depends how tired Taeyeon is when she gets home. 

“Seriously! It’s either later or tomorrow Ok? I need to get going now but I’ll look out for your call. Talk later~”

“Talk later! Bye~”

I’ve committed to this. I have no clue what her reaction will be. She knows a lot about Taeyeon already but I guess now she knows more... Sorry Tae. 


*Taeyeon POV*


I’m finally home. We’ll continue shooting tomorrow. Today has been another long day. I’m surprised to see Tiffany still up. She’s watching TV in her pyjamas on the couch.  She turns it off as soon as she sees me, “Tae! How tired are you?”

She seems too energetic, “Why?”

“How do you feel about talking to my sister?”

I push my hair back and rub my eyes , “Yeah ok for a bit.”

Maybe just a hello. I haven’t seen her in a while. 

“Great! I’ll call her! We’re going to tell her we’re going out.”

Could have mentioned that earlier, “Fany-ah...”

I begin to say but she’s already dialling. Great .

Michelle answers and they talk a bit in English then Tiffany gestures for me to come in the frame. 
I sit down on the couch next to Tiffany. 

“Hi.” I say 

“I’m going out with Taeyeon. Like going out going out.” Tiffany confesses 

Michelle is quiet for a moment, “Wait so yesterday... ”

She bursts out laughing 

I look at Tiffany, “What did you tell her?”

“Nothing!”

I don’t believe that. 

“Ok yeah... I always thought Tae had a thing for you but I didn’t want to say anything. Turns out she ‘really’ had a thing for you.”

What does that mean? 

“If you like Taeyeon you like Taeyeon. You can date who you want Steph. It’s just kind of unexpected. I thought you were guys all the way at least you were in America.”

“When I met Taeyeon things kind of changed. I think I’ve changed. But even you told me before that I have.”

“Yo. Wasup. You look pretty.” I say in my broken English to Michelle 

Michelle laughs and Tiffany bashes me. 

“Oh my God. I’m sorry.” She apologizes to her sister. 

“Oh my Gad.” I imitate then chuckle , “ Tae no! Not now!” I imitate something she would say. 

“I think I know where Tae learns English from.”

“You just wanted to talk to my sister to do this didn’t you?”

“No baby~ Love you!”

“I can’t believe you’re sleeping with Taeyeon. You’re right I regret asking. I have images in my mind of Taeyeon that I never thought I would have.” Michelle says 

I heard sleep. 

I whisper to Tiffany, “Fany-ah I’m tired.”

“Ok Tae it’s fine you can go to bed. Thank you so much for today. It was really romantic .” She whispers back 

“Don’t be too long... I want to cuddle.”

She smirks, “You want to cuddle?”

“No! I meant because you like to.”

“Are you sure that’s what you meant?” she teases 

Thinking about it. Even though it’s Valentines Day I haven’t even kissed her. I hold her hand and shift closer. She stares at me and I look at her natural pink lips. I lean forward slowly. 

*dogun dogun dogun *

She grips my hand tighter. 

“Guys I’m still here!” Michelle interrupts 

Tiffany chuckles, “Taeyeon is really tired so she wants to go to bed. Say bye Tae ~”

I give her a peck on the lips, “Bye.”

She shows me a big eye smile. 

“Oh wow. What was that ? Heart eyes much Steph. You've lived with her for like 10 years."

As I’m walking away I can see she got embarrassed. 

I take a shower and get ready for bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow I’m about to drift off to sleep but Tiffany comes in just in time. 

“Are you still awake?” She whispers 

“Yeah.”

She comes into bed and cuddles up to me then she kisses the back of my neck. 

That feels really nice... She puts her hand under my pyjama top. That also feels really nice... Wait no. 

“What are you doing ?”

“You wanted to cuddle and I wanted to do something else.”

“I can’t. I’m barely staying awake. It's late and I have to be up early again tomorrow.”

“You never want to have anymore.”

“We had yesterday.”

“Yeah ok Taeyeon if you say so.” She says sarcastically ,”I still want my turn. Maybe I should just do it myself.”

“What? Yourself? e? now?”

“Yeah.”

“Next to me?”

“Yeah.”

“You won’t do that.”

She pulls away from me, “You don’t know everything about me Tae.”

She wouldn’t do that next to me. My heart is racing thinking about it. Now I can’t sleep. I want to have of course I want to but she doesn’t have to know that. I don’t just do everything she says all the time.  

“You didn’t want to have this much in your previous relationships.” But if they lived together..., "Actually forget I said anything. I don't want to know."

“Come on Tae. I didn't! I'm not like that. You're special. To be honest they weren't that great. You’re so hot you make me want to do things.” 

I smirk. Really... No this is about pride now. Just ignore her. I already spent all that money on her. I know for a fact if she was the tired one then no would be no. She always gets what she wants. 

 “Ah! Taeyeon! Touch me more! That feels so good!”

Wait is she really! I turn around to see Tiffany just lying there with a grin on her face. 

“You were right. I won’t do that.” She teases 

“Fany-ah!”

“But there's still lots of things you don't know about me... You weren’t the only one that had weird feelings in the past. I had a wet dream about you before. Before we were together. More than once... Still tired ?” She flirts with a sneaky smile and pulls my pyjama sleeve. 

What? When? How long ago? How many times? What exactly happened in those dreams? Was there weird stuff? I can’t calm down. 

“How long ago?”

“It’s a secret but... I didn’t dislike it.”

She’s staring at me very intensely and her fingers are playing with my pyjama sleeve. My heart is racing so fast. Do people know she’s like this? She’s definitely only like this to me.  And she’s doing this because she wants to sleep with me? Because she wants me to touch her? 

“Ok.”

“Ok?” She replies confused 

I kiss her. I can tell she really wants me. She pulls me closer with her legs. 

“My nails...” I remember 

“We can do whatever you want. 69. I don’t care.”

Forget sleep.