Annoying Caller

Life as Taeyeon

*Tiffany POV *


Taeyeon is out again. She’s been very busy recently with her album coming up. I can't wait for it but she won't tell me much yet. I’m about to meet up with my annoying caller at a cafe. I can already see Nichkhun sitting at the table. He waves with a smile on his face but I don’t reciprocate. 

“Why do you keep phoning me!” I say angrily 

“Wow Tiff. That’s the first thing you have to say. We haven’t seen each other in years.”

I sit down, “Maybe my reaction would be different if you weren’t persistently phoning me and yesterday at 3:00?”

“I thought maybe you weren’t picking up because you were busy.”

“Did you forget we broke up? People don’t usually answer phone calls from their ex boyfriends.”

“We may have broken up but I didn’t do anything wrong. It came out of no where and then you don’t even talk to me?”

“But why now Nic? That was like 2 years ago.”

The waitress comes and I order hot chocolate and a cake. He orders a cappuccino 

“I heard that you wanted to repair our relationship.”

“Where did you hear that? I know this sounds mean but we can’t be friends.”

He frowns ,”Who ever I heard it from was lying because you’re still cold to me. We used to get along.”

“I told you when we broke up. You’re not... The one. It just wasn't working.”

“At our age we can’t be talking about ‘the one’.”

“I’m seeing someone. Well not just anyone, the one. I’m really sure.”

“I don’t know Tiff... What’s his name?”

“I don’t have to tell you.”

“If he really is the one. I’m sure it will be all over the news when you get married.”

Marriage... 

“Marriage might take a while.”

Our drinks and my cake arrive. 

“Why are you being so secretive? ”

 I glare at him, “Just because I don’t want to tell you Nic.”

“Is he a fan?”

“No.”

“An actor?”

“No.”

“Well built?”

“Umm”

“Sensitive?”

“Yes.”

“Rich?”

“A bit.”

“Wow you’re right I wasn’t the one. Sounds like a chubby, insecure guy with money. That’s the guy you chose. ”

“NO! Taeyeon isn’t—” I cover my mouth 

! Did he hear that? 

“Taeyeon!” he says shocked, “You can’t be serious.”

“Now you know who it is, happy.”

“You are serious? You left me for Taeyeon?”

“No I didn’t ... “ I think back to when I was going out with Nichkhun, “...Maybe I did...”

“You didn’t seem that into girls when we slept together.” He accuses 

“Well I wasn’t. I mean I’m not. Taeyeon is an exception. I don't have to talk about this with you."

“Are you sure she’s not missing something down there.”

I get up, “You never used to be such a jerk!”

I’m about to walk away when he grabs my wrist, “I’m sorry OK. I would understand if you had a history but are you sure. When Jessica spoke to me she said you hadn’t been in a good place. If you’re just looking for someone to lean on.”

“Jessica spoke to you! Don’t listen to anything she says she’s a liar and a snake!” I brake his grip, “Don’t phone me again or I’ll block you.”

He pulls me back and kisses me. I push him away and slap him in the face. 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!” 

“I’m not over you!”

“ARE YOU CRAZY RIGHT NOW! ITS NOT HAPPENING!” 

I rush out the cafe. 

I CAN’T BELIEVE HIM! I’M NEVER TALKING TO HIM AGAIN! I USED TO LIKE HIM? 


*Taeyeon POV *


It’s been a long day but very productive. Everything is really coming together. I'm so tired. I just want to sleep. I open the door and see Tiffany sitting on the couch listening to music while hugging the pink ‘I love you’ cushion I gave her. She seems kind of down. Maybe because of the music? Twilight Soundtrack? Haven’t heard this in a while.

She hasn’t even noticed me yet. 

“I’m back.”

She immediately looks at me, “Tae.”

She lets go of the cushion and comes up to me. Tiffany wraps her arms around me unexpectedly for a hug and buries her head in my shoulder. 

I hug her back lovingly ,”Did something happen?”

“Today wasn’t a good day but I feel better now.”

I was planning to go to my room but I guess change of plans. 

“Do you want to talk about it?”

She nods in my shoulder , “Yes.”

We go to the couch. 

“Actually recently... Nichkhun has been phoning me... I was ignoring him but he kept phoning me so I met him today to tell him to stop. He was being a jerk then when I got up to leave he forced a kiss on me! Of course I rushed out immediately afterwards. I can’t believe I used to like him!”

Nichkhun.... Kiss... 

I take a deep breath and hold it in. Then I let it out. Tiffany kissing someone else again. Kissing Nichkhun again. 

“You should have told me earlier. I would have gone with.”

“You’re  so busy with your album. I didn’t know it was going to end up like that. He was never that type of guy.”

“You don’t have...any feelings for him?“

“None. I only have feelings for you.”

I lean forward and kiss her, “So it’s fine if your lips are mine again?”

She smiles, “More than fine.”

Tiffany puts her hand on mine and holds it, “I realized... I don’t think anyone has made me feel this way before ... So this is what true love is.”

My heart races. True love. 

“Fany.. Stephanie ... I feel the same way.. Love.. True love. I know I don’t say it enough but when I’m with you, you make me feel that way. When we were younger you used to say things like friends forever so I didn’t want to feel this way and... Sorry I don’t know why I’m saying this now.”

I think my palm is getting sweaty. 

She looks at me reassuringly, “No Taeyeon it’s fine. I want you to tell me. You can tell me anything.”

This isn’t like me. I should have turned the music off it’s making me kind of emotional. 

“I wanted to be friends but when you would sleep in my bed it would drive me crazy. And I couldn’t touch you like how I touched the other members. You would talk about your boyfriend in America and your crushes and your new boyfriends. But it didn’t matter because I was just happy that you were there next to me, not them...and as the years went on it became harder to imagine a future where you weren’t there... Where you would live apart from me with someone else.”

Tears drop from Tiffany’s eyes. 

“Did...I say too much?”

She wipes her eyes, “No. Taeyeon your feelings how could I not get emotional. Your palm is sweating. You’re really nervous.”

“I am. I mean these are things I never thought I would say to anybody. I didn’t want you to feel burdened.”

“I would never! I could tell.. I mean I felt that you cared about me and I care about you too Tae. More than I ever cared about any guy. You’re so important to me. I don’t want to live apart, ever.”

You don’t ever want to live apart? Tiffany is still American right? If I went to America. 

“Will you...”

What am I saying? What am I thinking? 

“Will I?”

“No it’s nothing.”

“I would have said yes.” She says and kisses me

Yes? 

She slips her hand under my top and I pull away, “I’m tired.”

Tiffany takes my hand and puts it on her , “Still tired?”

Soft... 

“Just... Just let me close my eyes for 5 minutes.”

I slide down and rest myself on the couch ,”Maybe 10 minutes.”

“Tae.“ she whines 

I close my eyes and Tiffany lies down next to me. 

“No space.” I complain 

She doesn’t move.

“Arasso, come closer.” I say and put my arm over her and pull her closer. I close my eyes and listen to the music. The lyrics slightly remind me of my own song rain. 

“Cause they’ll be no sunlight if I lose you baby~” I sing along 

 “You know this is a romantic song. You tell me your feelings, I kiss you then you take a nap. I thought you said I drove you crazy.” She mopes 

I smile and turn her flat onto the couch then move on top of her, “Ah jinjja! (Seriously)  Yeah you drive me crazy! I can’t sleep!”

I move my face closer to hers and she closes her eyes. Before I reach her lips I change and kiss her forehead softly. 

Afterwards I move off the couch, “I’m going to shower then sleep.”

I start walking away. 

She sits up on the couch and throws the heart pillow at me, “Fine! No ever again!”

“kkkkkk. Love you too!” I say in English 


*The next day *
Tiffany POV


I wake up to an empty bed again because Tae has already left. I look at my phone and see a message from her.

“Good morning beautiful! You were half asleep so I don’t know if you remember but you didn’t want me to leave today. Kkkk I almost couldn’t get out of bed!” 

“Don’t act like you didn’t like it!!! <3”

Sooyoung also sent a message. 
“DID YOU SEE THE NEWS!!??”

What news? I immediately check and the top news makes my heart stop.

A PICTURE OF NICHKHUN AND I! 

 

‘Tiffany and Nichkhun back together! The two were witnessed having a date yesterday at a cafe. They ended the date with a romantic kiss.’

Comments:

‘Khunfany!!’
‘What about Taeyeon-unnie.... Taeny TT'
‘No TT Nickhun oppa TT'
‘Cafe date so cute!’
‘Fany-unnie TT TT TT as long as she’s happy TT.’
‘Noona why! TT'
‘Love these two!’

 

I can’t read anymore. This is a joke right? We broke up ages ago. Do people really believe this. 

I phone the company straight away and it doesn’t go well. 

“YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS?” 

“We’ve already released an official statement to confirm.”

“YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS? YOU CAN’T DO THIS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! "

“We couldn’t stop the pictures. This was the best decision for your image.”

“WITHOUT TELLING ME!”

“After a reasonable amount of time we will release a statement confirming a break up. Until then try to meet with Nichkhun-ssi a few times—“

I hang up and dial Taeyeon. 

“Tae! Do you know?”

She sighs, “I couldn’t get away from it as soon as I came to the company.”

“I really wish this didn’t happen! I don’t know what to do! Like I’m not breaking up with you I swear!”

“Fany-ah calm down I know. I trust you. I believe what you told me yesterday. I wish I could have done something. They won’t listen to me. I.. I’m fine with it. Just wait and everything will be fine. Don’t worry too much.”

“But how can you say that! I’m dating you! You’re the one I love not Nic!”

“I’d love to tell everybody that but I want you to live a happy life... I have to go. I’ll see you later OK.”

“I’ll see you later...”

I hate it! I hate this company! I always have to lie! This is all one persons fault! I dial Jessicas number but she doesn’t answer. Of course she didn’t she’s too busy messing with my life! I’m going to kill her! We are definitely not sisters! Not even friends!