Fighting and Reconciling

Life as Taeyeon

*A few days pass *

 

I was so busy with solo activities that I didn’t have time to speak to the company about tiffany. After that night she acted completely fine. The usual bright tiffany. She’s so strong but I know she’s worried.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi what did you want to talk about.”

“I heard about what you told Tiffany.” I say to one of the employee oppas that is in charge of our contracts.

“Contract matters are confidential.”

“You can’t kick her out the group.”

“This isn’t about kicking out I simply told her that her image at the moment may be negative for the group.”

“You know Tiffany always puts members before herself how could you say that to her!”

“Her dream was to go solo from the beginning. We plan on supporting her in all her solo activities.”

“But she doesn’t want to leave! “

She wouldn’t have cried like that if she did

“Taeyeon-ssi—“

“I’m not re-signing unless Tiffany is still in SNSD !” I blurt out. I’m usually so careful with my words but it just came out.

“Don’t throw away your career for—“

I leave before he can finish. I don’t want to hear anything else.

I go back to the car where my manager oppa is waiting ,”What did you have to do at the company? We need to get to your photo shoot.”

“It’s nothing oppa. It’s fine.”

He doesn’t seem convinced but we need to get to the next schedule so he let’s it go.

We arrive at the studio and it looks like some fans knew I would be here.

“Taeyeon-unnie!”

“Unnie!”

“So cute!”

I look back before entering the building and shout, “GOMAWO!”(thank you)

That makes the fans happy and chuckle.

The photo shoot goes on I had to be made into a nerd which everyone said suited me better than they thought. Next I’m going to be the complete opposite but they need time to change the set. I take out my phone and see a message from Sooyoung, “I was just at the company ....YOU TOLD THEM YOURE LEAVING IF FANY IS????”

Sooyoung catches on to news fast...

“it’s not exactly like that.... Don’t let Fany know.”

I get a reply almost instantly ,”You know that’s not possible...”

I sigh then take out snapchat and play with the filters

After the photoshoot I take out my phone again in the car.

There’s a message from hyoyeon, “YOURE LEAVING THE GROUP!?”

As usual looks like hyoyeon missed some of the information

“Yah! Hyoyeon-ssi I’m not leaving.”

When I get home and open the door I see Tiffany sitting on the couch watching tv but as soon as she sees me she stands up, “Taeyeon come here!” She says angrily.

“What!” I shout back half jokingly but she doesn’t look happy so I walk to her.

“Why did you tell them you’ll leave!”

Tiffany hardly ever gets angry first. Her signature eye smile is missing and shes standing with her arms crossed. Her brown hair is loosely falling over her shoulders. She’s only a bit taller than me but she seems way taller...Tiffany looks hot when she’s angry... but I don’t like getting shouted at.

“Why are you so angry about this? I did it for you!”

“Do you think I’ll be happy about this ?”

“You should be!” I snap

“How can I be when you threatened them to let me stay! “

“I just... “

“YOURE NOT MY BOYFRIEND TAEYEON!” She shouts in English leaving me speechless and frozen.

Neither of us noticed Sunny was standing by the door, “Should I come back later?” she finally says because of the silence.

That brings me back to the real world, “NO!” I shout but Tiffany does as well at the same time so we glare at each other then go straight to our rooms.

How could she say that to me? What does that mean? We’re both girls. That’s not even an insult since I didn’t like any of her boyfriends anyway. They didn’t take her shopping, they didn’t care about what she was doing, Tiffany loves doing everything together but where were they, they don’t know Tiffany like I do...

I pick up my Jack doll and hug it, “Jack don’t tell Fany but I wish she wouldn’t talk about boys all the time.”

I hear my phone vibrate. From sunny, “Make up with Fany soon. You two are always fighting. It’s lonely in the lounge alone.”

“Tell Tiffany to call her ‘boyfriend’ over to keep you company.”

 

*Sunny’s point of view *

 

I can’t believe these two are fighting again. Now I have to watch tv alone. Taeyeon replies to my message and I sigh. I start typing a message I’ve thought since forever, “Taeyeon do you like Fany more than just—“ I immediately delete my message.

“Yah Taeyeon! You know Fany doesn’t have a boyfriend. Stop being stubborn.” I end up sending

I’m not a love expert but you don’t look at your friends like that. Tiffany wants to get married and have children. We live in Korea I can’t let you realize your feelings taengu. Even Tiffany sometimes... No I’m over thinking it.

 

*The next day *

Tiffany POV

 

I open my eyes. I can’t help thinking about yesterday. Why did I have to say something like that to Tae? Sometimes I wish I would think more before speaking. I turn to see my bedside table has a letter placed against the table light so it sticks out.

“To Fany”

I recognize the writing straight away. Wasting no time I pick up the letter and open it.

“I woke up early to write this. You know I’m bad with words. I can’t seem to say what’s on my mind. Although you know me the best I guess there’s still things you wouldn’t know without words. Recently everyone has been busy with solo activities. Even our maknae is finally getting a solo debut. Of course I’m happy but what if we all drift apart. I thought we would be together forever but when Jessica left I realized that I wasn’t being realistic. When I thought that you might drift away from me I over reacted.

I’m sorry – taengu

P. S I wore your favorite color today “

 

I smile and hug the letter. I can’t stay angry with you Tae if you do stuff like this. I sigh, I didn’t know you were so worried about the group. I wish you would tell everyone this so they can see how much you care.

I message Tae right away,

“I read your letter <3

You know me too well. I can’t be angry when you do this.

I’m sorry too TT

I just didn’t want you to abandon your life for me

No matter what we’ll always be together boo <3 <3”

I get a reply straight away

“<3”

I smile at my phone like an idiot, just a heart emoji. I think she’s done talking about her feelings for the month.

I see a message from Sooyoung, “I’m holding a charity bazaar and concert. It would be great if you could join. I’m also inviting a few other people. “

“I would love to join!! Are you sure it’s fine if I go... “

“Fany-ah! Pull yourself together. The only ones who still care about the scandal are the haters that look for anything to attack. I heard the company has been getting loads of messages from the fans who miss you.”

“Really!?”

“Everyone misses you Fany-ah!”

“TT Everyone is so kind. Thank you Sooyoung-ah! I love you <3”

“I expect to see you at the meeting later! I’ll phone you with the details.”

“I’ll be there kkk”

 

*Taeyeon POV *

 

Today was spent at the company. I’m busy working on a new OST for an upcoming drama. It’s always difficult to find the right feel so it can go with what the characters are experiencing. People have told me that it always seems like it’s the female main character who is singing since I can bring out the emotions well. Maybe it’s because I’m not good at expressing myself so I end up putting more feelings into my music. People often ask me what I think about while singing but honestly I don’t think about much. Sometimes I think about my members , the people close to me, Tiffany..

She messaged me again today. She said she is going to perform at Sooyoungs charity concert. It’s good to see her regaining her confidence. I know the fans want to see her on stage again.

I arrive back at the dorm at about 20:00. I open the door and see Tiffany lying on the couch listening to music through the speakers. I walk through without saying anything and head to my room. I’m tired but Tiffany sees me

“Tae I have good news.” She smiles and walks to me

“Oh what news?”

“Drum roll.... I renewed my contract and.... I’m still in SNSD! “ Tiffany starts jumping excitedly and gets me to join by holding my hands.

“That’s great! “ I smile, “Wait you went to the company? You knew I was there why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want to bother you.” She explains then looks down to my pink Jersey and grins .

She pulls my sleeve cutely and stares at me with her beautiful brown eyes “I love your Jersey.” She says in English

*Dogun Dogun dogun *

Before I blush I look away.

“You should wear pink more often.” She teases

I look back to meet her gaze and she smiles as if she was waiting for me to look at her.

“It’s embarrassing, the fans know I wouldn’t buy pink for myself.”

“You should it suits you so well. By the way Tae. I was thinking of making cupcakes.”

“At 20:00 ? Well have fun I’m going to relax in my room.” I say and continue to walk to my room but Tiffany catches my hand stopping me from going forward.

“You have to help me! “ she whines, “It will be fun.”

And so now I’m making chocolate cupcakes. I’ve said before but Tiffany loves doing stuff together. If she does something she wants to do it together, shopping, cooking, exercise etc. Because of this I end up doing many things. I’m about to pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients .

“You need to sieve that first!”

“That takes too much time I’m sure it will be fine.”

I begin to pour it in

“You have to follow the instructions. If they don’t work it’s your fault.” She pouts.

I start to stir it together clumsily, “You can count on chef taengu.”

I start getting impatient and bash the batter with the whisk then i start laughing at my foolishness as some flour falls out the bowl. As soon as I look up I see Tiffany filming me. I smile then she stops filming, “I have to film chef taengu! You’re such a professional. “ She chuckles.

“Fany-ah looks like you got something on your face.”

“Oh where?” she replies sincerely and I take the chance to put some batter on my finger and smudge it on her cheek.

“Kkkkkkk” I chuckle

“Taeyeon!” tiffany shouts and sticks her finger in the bowl. She manages to get some batter on my face despite how I’m trying to avoid her.

She bursts out laughing ,”It looks like you have a mole!”

“It’s a beauty mark.” I joke earning more laughs.

How is she so pretty when she laughs. I don’t know anyone with a better smile.

“Fany come here.” I call her to come closer and she follows straight away. I wipe the batter off my face with my thumb and it before I pick up a cloth and wipe the smeared batter off her face gently. I can see she’s smiling at me with a smile I’ve only really seen her make to me.

“There now you’re beautiffany “ I say referencing her show heart a tag.

Oddly she gets embarrassed and turns away ,”We should put the cupcake batter in the tin. “

I’m still looking at Tiffany. She got embarrassed? She’s blushing ,embarrassed Tiffany is so adorable! I feel her push my shoulder, “Are you going to help?”

“I got it, OK” I say in English then I chuckle while I get the tins.

Later sunny arrives back home and sees us sitting on the couch, “Did you two make up?”

“Of course! Taeyeon and I even made cup cakes.” She points to the decorated cupcakes on the table.

“One day you’re fighting about nothing. Next day you’re making cup cakes I swear these two never change.”

“I don’t know how I’m going to sleep after all this sugar.” I complain

“5 year old” Tiffany comments

Sometimes I wonder if Tiffany really does see me as a little kid. It bothers me slightly but I’m not sure why.

Sunny laughs, “Guess no drinks for taeyeon.” And she holds out a plastic packet.

“Yah Sunny! You with your alcohol problem.”

“Problem? I haven’t had a drink in like 2 days!” She brags, “Fany I bought your favorite champagne.”

“Hmmm I’ll have just a bit.” Tiffany replies.

“Isn’t it a bit late?” I worry

“It’s about 22:00.”

“It’s bed time for kid taeyeon” Tiffany jokes again.

I frown, “No I’ll join you too sunny.”

“Really? You never want to drink with us.” Sunny says surprised now fetching cups from the kitchen.

“I do sometimes.”

“No I think it’s the first time. I’ll bring you a beer from the fridge.”

“Bring two beers!”

“Taeyeon will you be fine. I don’t want you getting sick.”

“I’ll be fine.” I retort.

We drink for a bit and joke around. I finish my first beer and as expected I’m sleepy.

“I’m tired!” I say and pretend to fall asleep.

Sunny and Tiffany laugh.

“I told you taeyeon 2 beers is too much for you.” Sunny teases

“You can go to bed if you want tae.” Tiffany adds.

“No I’m fine.” I regain some energy and open my next beer.

“Let’s put some music on!” Tiffany says excitedly and turns it on without anyone agreeing.

The first song on is a slow song but it doesn’t stop her from dancing along.

“Woo y!” Sunny shouts and slaps Tiffanys which causes Tiffany to laugh then look at sunny. Sunny joins the dancing when a more lively song plays. I finish my second beer but then I take some of Sunnys makgoli. I just sit drinking while watching Tiffany dance until she pulls me up to dance too.

“You gotta dance ” she tells me in English.

I dance a little but I can’t feel the music like Tiffany. She puts her hands up, she plays with her hair, she shakes her hips... Sunny is right Tiffany is y. I didn’t realize I stopped dancing.

“Are you tired Kid Taeyeon?” Tiffany grins

I don’t know why she likes that nickname so much. It’s annoying me now.

“I’m not a kid.” I finally say

“But you still look how you did 13 years ago DaeDae. Don’t be upset it’s a good thing.”

“But I’m not the same. “

“I know.” She replies.

I stare at Tiffany’s face, her eyes, her lips. She’s so perfect.

“I think you’re a bit drunk tae.”

Tiffany starts to turn to tell Sunny that she thinks I should have some water but I grab her hand. She turns back and I kiss her, on the lips. Tiffany’s lips are so soft...

‘Tiffany’s’

I pull away as soon as I realize who I just kissed . Sunny picks up a cup of makgoli and Downs it. Tiffany is standing in front of me. She looks shocked, “...Tae.”

I quickly let go of her hand, “I, um.”

I don’t know what to say so I stumble back then rush to my room.

I just kissed Tiffany. I just kissed a girl. Did she like it? No this is Tiffany. She talks about boys all the time. She prays every night . She talks about marriage . I put my hands over my face.

Why did I do that? I like boys you know sort of. I went out with baekhyun .It just didn’t work out. But when I kissed Tiffany it wasn’t like when I kissed baekhyun. I want to kiss Tiffany again... I must be drunk.