Jessica Returns

Life as Taeyeon

*Tiffany POV *

 

Yesterday we told the members. They were so supportive that it made me forget all my worries. Since Tae’s still slightly sick we didn’t sleep in the same bed. I want to cuddle though. Sooyoung is right I feel like a love struck teenager. I sit up on my bed and hug the pink heart cushion Taeyeon gave me. I look at the writing ‘I love you’. Do you love me Tae? I think I know but I want you to tell me directly. Am I too selfish when you give me so much already?

Prince runs in the room and barks happily. I smile and pick him up, “Good morning.”

He snuggles up to me and tries to my face. I giggle, “Cutie.”

My phone vibrates and I put Prince down. I blow him a kiss then pick up my phone. It’s a message from the company. They want to see me? Recently no good news has come from the company. Will it be different this time?

I get ready and I’m about to go to Taeyeon’s room to tell her that I’m going but I decide not to in case I get bad news.

When I enter the room one of the company higher ups are waiting with a cold expression.

“Good morning.” I say cheerfully and bow.

“Good morning. Tiffany-ssi please take a seat.” He gestures to the seat in front of his desk.

I sit down, “Is there a specific reason you wanted to see me?”

He sighs ,”I never thought I would be put in this position.”

He pushes a folder to me. I pick it up and look for confirmation that I can look inside which is returned by a gesture. I open it and the first picture I see is a picture of me kissing Taeyeon. A picture from yesterday when we were in the car.

I gasp and cover my mouth.

“I may be old fashioned but honestly it’s disgusting. It’s disgusting but as you and Taeyeon are a necessity to our company. I have stopped this before it got out.”

I grab my shirt under the table to try hold back my emotions and I bow, “Thank you.”

“This is why Americans are...” He mutters under his breath.

I grip my shirt tighter and keep my head down. Eventually I raise it.

“As I’m sure you expect there will be some changes. If you fail to oblige to these changes we will be left with no choice to terminate your group contracts under risk of endangering the other members. Firstly whatever was happening there needs to stop. Secondly you must move out from the dorm. We will organize a hotel for you to stay at while you figure out a new living situation. If you aren’t interested with that proposal we will discuss with Taeyeon-ssi if she would rather move out—“

“Does Taeyeon know anything about this?”

He frowns because of my interruption, “Not yet. We felt it would be better to discuss separately.”

“I’ll do what you say but please don’t tell Taeyeon.”

He’s silent for a while then breathes deeply, “You have a week.”

In the car I try to hold back my tears. Why is life so cruel? Deep down I knew this would happen that’s why I always denied how I felt. But it’s all my fault because I don’t think before I act. Everyone always tells me to think before I act.

I’m so stupid.

Tears start to fall from my eyes. It’s all my fault that’s why I have to do this. I know Taeyeon the best... that’s why I can’t let her know. I can’t let her throw away her career, everything she’s worked so hard for. I’m not worth it.

I’m her number one fan so I know... Taeyeon is the prettiest when she sings.

 

*Taeyeon POV *

 

Tiffany and Sunny are out. So it’s just me at the dorm as usual. Since I’ve been out sick I need to go through some music that was given to me to work on. I don’t just laze around all the time. After some time my still sore throat becomes unbearable so I go to check what’s on TV for a break. Just then Tiffany comes home.

“Welcome back. Do you want to watch some TV?” I offer but Tiffany walks past without looking at me.

“I’m going to my room.” She simply says

“Ah... Guere (OK).”

I wonder if she just needs some alone time?

Later Sunny comes home.

“Should we order some food?” She suggests

“Yeah I’ll go ask Fany what she wants.”

I knock on her door, “Fany-ah! What do you want to eat!”

“I’m not hungry!”

Tiffany isn’t hungry? Something must be wrong. I open the door to see her face drenched in tears.

“Were you crying?” I ask even though I know.

She covers her face, “I didn’t say you could come in!”

I walk up to her ,”Did something happen.”

“No!”

I go onto her bed and crawl up to her. She tries to push me away but I hug her and she accepts me.

She starts crying again and hugs me back, “I’m sorry!”

She’s gripping me tightly and her tears are wetting my top. I don’t know when the last time was that Tiffany cried so intensely. All I can do is hold her.

 

*The Next day *

 

Today all the members are meeting at the company to discuss our 10th anniversary plans and plans for releasing an album. Tiffany still seems sad but she won’t talk to me about it. In the car she even intentionally sits separately from me.

Sunny comes to sit next to me instead , “Did you fight with Fany?” She whispers

There’s little chance of Tiffany hearing us since her earphones are on and I can even hear a faint sound of music coming from them.

“We didn’t fight...” I reply.

“Are you sure?”

“... I’m not sure. She won’t talk to me.”

“It sounds like you did something wrong and she’s upset with you. I’ll try talk to her later. You two are always fighting over silly things.”

Did I really do something wrong? I don’t remember her getting angry at me. I also didn’t get angry at her...

I put my earphones in.

We arrive at the company and slowly the other members arrive as well till everyone is gathered. We talk happily.

“Finally a new album! If they weren’t going to write one I was going to do it myself!” Hyoyeon anounces

“I don’t know how great that album would be.” Yuri jokes

“I have my chief writer Seohyun.” Hyoyeon replies putting her arm around the maknae

“What happened to writing it yourself.” Yoona jokes

“Let’s just be grateful Hyoyeon doesn’t have to write it.” Sooyoung adds

“Yah!” Hyeoyeon shouts

Sunny and Tiffany are busy talking amongst themselves. I wonder what they’re talking about. Did Sunny ask her why she's ignoring me?

Soon one of the company oppa’s walks in, “Good morning.”

We stop talking, “Good morning.” We reply.

We take seats around the large table and he hands out files filled with concepts and ideas to discuss.

He takes a seat in the front, “Before we start. As is this your tenth anniversary we have invited one other person to join us. Come in!” he calls

The door opens and we’re all shocked. It can’t be...

“Hey guys did you miss me!” Jessica says cheerfully as if she had just come back from a short holiday.

We’re all quiet for a moment . After the way things ended we didn’t think we would be meeting again in this type of situation. Back then we felt abandoned as she talked to us about moving on, leaving the group, getting on with her life almost as if we were just a phase, a memory. Then blaming us that we didn’t do anything when she was told to leave the group when we thought that was what she wanted.

“Of course we missed you.” Yuri finally breaks the awkward silence.

“Yeah where have you been.”Sooyoung adds

The awkwardness turns into a warm atmosphere as we begin to remember the times when we were all together. Jessica takes a seat next to Tiffany.

Tiffany smiles at her, “It’s been a while Jess.’ She says in English.

We discuss ideas together like the old days. It’s almost as if time went backwards. I would be happy but Tiffany won’t even look at me and I don’t know why.

After the meeting we walk out the room chatting happily amongst ourselves and with Jessica. I look back to see Tiffany still in the room, “Fany-ah!” I call

The company oppa replies, “I just have some things to discuss with Tiffany-ssi.”

“Arasso (OK), I’ll see you at home!” I say to Tiffany but her usual eye smile is no where to be found. No cute wave . No happy reply. So I leave feeling sad and trying to think back to something I might have done to make her act like this.

I go outside other members have left and Sunny is still inside talking to some of the staff so I decide to wait in the car. I go to our car and Jessica is standing in front of it.

“Sica, It’s good to have you back. I know everyone missed you.” I say to her

“Did you? Did you Taeyeon? Because it looked like you didn’t even notice I was gone.” She says coldly

“Why are you being like this? Recently everyone has a problem with me even—“

“Even Fany.”

I’m shocked

“How did you know?”

“Just a feeling. We did used to be close after all.”

“We can... still be close.”

“Would you have let them kick me out if I was Tiffany.”

“That’s... The situation was...”

Jessica’s phone starts ringing, “I have to go.” She starts rushing away but I think I hear her say something maybe to me? Maybe to herself

‘We’ll find out soon’

What does she mean?

I go in the car and shortly Sunny comes. Tiffany will be going home separately.

“I talked to Fany.” Sunny begins

“Did she say anything?”

“ No...”

“I see.. Thank you for trying.”

“Don’t be too down Taeyeon-ah. Tiffany doesn’t hold grudges especially against you.”

She hasn’t before but she also hasn’t acted like this before. How can she be like this? I even took her to Disneyland. How can she treat me this way. If I wasn’t concerned I would be the one angry right now.

I wait for Tiffany to come home. I definitely have to talk to her. She opens the door and I immediately go in front of her to stop her path, “Why are you acting like this?”

“Like what?“

“Don’t pretend you don’t know! You’ve been cold to me all day!”

“You don’t have to know everything in my life.”

“Oh really! Fine then! I don’t want to talk to you if you’re like this!” I say and go straight to my room.

I can’t believe her. She can just do what she wants. I don’t care. And I’m not apologizing for something I didn’t do. She should just hurry up and apologize to me. I want a sincere apology.

 

*The next day *

 

No apology from Tiffany yet. Usually if we fight we make up right away... This is so frustrating I don’t even know what we’re fighting about. I get up to have breakfast before I reach the kitchen I hear Tiffany and Sunny talking.

“You can’t be serious.” Sunny says

“I am serious. You know when I say I’m going to do something I do it.’ Tiffany replies

“But what about Taeyeon.” Sunny adds but then they see me and the conversation stops.

“Good morning.” Sunny says

“Morning Sunny.” I say making sure that Tiffany knows I didn’t include her in my greeting.

Tiffany doesn’t look at me. I wish she would at least look at me.

I’m out today. I’m doing a photoshoot. Hopefully Tiffany thinks about what she’s done and apologizes to me ...and then we have make up ... No! I’m still angry with her. I look at my phone to see if she left a message but nothing from Tiffany.

Although I’m surprised to see a message from Jessica , “Can we meet up today?”

Jessica hasn’t messaged me in a years.

I reply, “I can meet up in an hour.”

For once I actually don’t want to go back to the dorm. We decide to meet up at a cafe.

“I’m surprised you came so easily.” She says then takes a sip of her cafe latte. I ordered cake and a caramel macchiato.

I eat some of my cake, “The dorm was getting stuffy.”

“How have things been recently?”

“At the moment... it could be better.”

“Life can’t be good all the time.”

“Yeah... How have you been?”

“Good. I was hoping we could talk more about the past.”

“Of course. There were lots of good times. It doesn’t seem that long ago.” I say then take a sip of my drink. I haven’t really gone out with Jessica like this even in the past.

“It seems silly now but I think I used to have a crush on you.” She says normally but I almost choke on my drink.

What does she mean? What is she talking about?

She smiles ,“I’m joking.”

I laugh nervously, “Yuri had a crush on you though.”

She doesn’t know what to say and is silent.

“I’m joking as well.” I tease.

If all of that were true I think our group would be pretty messed up.

She laughs slightly, “ It’s foolish to have a crush on a girl. It will never work out. Love is between boys and girls.”

“... People do say that...”

I don’t know why Jessica called me. She seems to hold a grudge against me. Things aren’t how they used to be. When I get back to the dorm I see a man I’ve never met before carrying two suitcases out the house.

What is going on?

I enter and Tiffany is by the door.

“Tae..” She says softly.

Oh now you stop ignoring me.

“I have something to tell you.” She continues

Is this finally an apology?

“Let’s break up.”

I stop breathing. I can’t believe what I just heard. Was that my imagination?

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m moving out the dorm.”

What nonsense is this? Were those your suitcases? Who were those guys? Where are you going?

“You’re moving out? We’re breaking up? You cant be serious! This is just one of those fights! We fight all the time! You don’t have to apologize! I don’t even care anymore.”

She starts to walk out the door but I grab her wrist, “Don’t! I...I love you.”

She doesn’t look at me, “Love is... Between boys and girls.”

I let go of her wrist and she walks out the door.

I’m staring at a closed door. I just stand there.

Sunny who is sitting on the couch puts an end to the silence, “I’m sorry Taeyeon... I tried to stop her! I really did! But no matter what I said she wouldn’t listen to me!”

I crouch down to the floor. Ginger runs to me and tries to nuzzle up to me as if he knows that I’m sad.

“Ginger... Fany left.”

 

 

A/N: Sorry for breaking Taeny up Orz but don't worry I have plans.