Everyday Life

Life as Taeyeon

Life as the leader of the universes best girl group is tough. That’s what I always thought but we haven’t had a comeback in so long. It made me realize that not having to be a leader is tougher. Our contracts are ending this year what if someone leaves like Jessica? What if people don’t like us anymore? What if we let them down? What if the whole group falls apart and I have to leave the dorm and tiff—

Just that moment my door opens and a blinding light enters the room, “Urrrgg!” I flinch and turn my head away from the door.

“Tae how long have you been in here for?” A husky voice says half ,half used to it.

“Ummm” I mumble

“And you need some light in here.” She continues as she opens the curtains.Now the whole room is lit and my eyes have adjusted so I can clearly see my self proclaimed best friend Tiffany ..of course. It looks like she just got back from Pilate’s, her hair is tied up into a pony tail and she’s still wearing her gym tights with a pink top. She always looks so beautiful and here I am in my sweat pants with an over sized t shirt. I sit up from my bed and stretch my arms out Tiffany turns around and flashes me a huge eye smile which makes me pause my stretch half way.

“You look like a cat.” She laughs and I smile back putting my hands down, “Sunny thought you haven’t been home.”

“Yah! I saw her this morning when I got breakfast!” I complain

“She probably thought she saw a ghost.” She giggles

It’s so much brighter when Tiffany is here. What if one day she isn’t here...

Tiffany’s smile fades as she sees me thinking again, “You mustn’t think so much Tae. You always think about dark thoughts when you lock yourself up in your room.”

“They aren’t dark.. Just worries I suppose.” I try think of a good way to explain myself. Tiffany knowing I’m bad with explaining my feelings grabs my hand and tries to pull me up from the bed stopping my thoughts. I follow her lead and get up.

“We’re going shopping!” She says in English like in those American movies

“Shyapping” I try imitate and she laughs

“Shyapping.” She imitates my bad pronunciation and I laugh

“I don’t want to go though.” I grin and she let’s go of my hand and pushes me lightly.

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon you’re coming. I need to shower so get ready. When I get back you better have changed.” She says looking at me while leaving the room then stops at the door and looks again to make sure I get the message.

I sigh, “I’ll get ready.” I say then she smiles and leaves to shower.

Tiffany is so cute I think to myself as I get ready. I put on jeans , a plain white t shirt with a black cardigan and put some bb cream on. No point wearing make up if we’re going to have to cover our faces with sunglasses and a mask anyway. I leave my room but as expected Tiffany isn’t ready yet.

Isit on the couch and Ginger runs up to me, “Gingayah did you come to see mommy.” I go to him but he moves away, “Gingayah “ I say again but he walks off and I sigh. Next prince comes up to me, jumping excitedly wagging his tail. I smile and pick him up,” Prinsu you like mommy don’t you?” He then tries to my face.

“Prince! Don’t taeyeon!” I hear Tiffany scold in English then I look towards the passage. Tiffany walks up to prince and I. He starts to fight my grip so I let him go and he runs to tiffany who immediately bends down and him. So Tiffany is your favorite even though we watch sunsets together hey prince. Tiffany changed into shorts and a black v neck t shirt but it was kind of revealing so I couldn’t help looking at tiffany over prince. Next thing I see Ginger run past me with my favorite Jack doll he got off my bed from leaving my door open, “Ginga! That’s mine!” I moan and jog after him

Tiffany bursts out laughing ,”Just give it to him, he loves that doll.”

“But so do I!” I say while trying to wrestle it out of his mouth without damaging Jack.

“You two get along well.” Tiffany comments while giggling

“How?” I groan

“Fighting makes you closer.” She says

“Then we must be really close... Got it!” I cheer then quickly put Jack in my room closing my door properly afterwards. I walk back to Tiffany with a big smile proud of my accomplishment.

“I can’t believe you’re 29 this year.”

“Jealous because I don’t have wrinkles.” I tease

She pushes me lightly, “I don’t have wrinkles either!”

“We were going shopping right.” I say walking to the door

“Tae!” She whines catching up to me.

We walk around the shops trying not to get noticed even with a mask and sunglasses we can tell some people recognize us but let us be. Tiffany loves shopping. She looks so happy when shopping. I don’t really like shopping but she often drags me with. We have so many matching things because Tiffany loves matching things.

“Tae look at this.” And she holds up matching purple and pink Jerseys I point at the purple one, “I like that one.”

“I know you so well.” She says proudly and adds it to a pile of other items she picked out.

“Fany-ah ,let’s look at the toy store now. “

“Okay just this too.” She says adding another item of clothing to the pile. I walk up to the clothing pile and pick it up as if it were my own and we walk to the register. When paying I take out my card to pay but Tiffany stops me, “I’ll feel bad if you pay for everything, I picked out a lot of stuff.”

“It’s fine.” I say and hand my card over

“Gomawo (thanks) taeyeonie.” She says with a big eye smile then hugs my arm. I’m glad I’m wearing a mask so no one can see me grinning. If its Tiffany I don’t mind paying a lot of money. I don’t go shopping often anyway. After the toy shop Tiffany gets a message from SM entertainment and she doesn’t seem happy about it, “I need to go to the company now, sorry tae.”

“Why are you so sad, did something bad happen ?”

“It’s nothing . Just... “

“Just?”

“I wanted to spend more time with you.”

*Dokun dokun dokun *

“Tae?”

“... me too.”

Why did I have to make it awkward. That’s normal for best friends.

“Then why don’t you do Pilate’s with me.” She teases

I’m glad she didn’t notice.

I show a disgusted face, “I don’t like exercise.”

“I’ll get you to go one day” she says as we walk to the car. I drive her to SM, she seems to have forgotten her sadness as she sings along to the American songs on the radio. She tries to get me to join but i don’t really know the words. We reach the company then she gets out the car not forgetting to say,” Bye Tae, see you later at home.”

“Bye.” I say in English and she smiles.

I arrive back at the dorm with a huge smile on my face while thinking about my day with Tiffany. I didn’t notice Sunny was home at first so she saw my smile. “Good day today?” She teases, “I see you bought a lot of stuff so that can only mean tiffany-ssi.”

“I could have gone shopping alone.” I retort.

“And bought that much stuff? I would hold a convention. You had to make two trips to get all the bags.”

“You saw that and didn’t help? Yah! Soonkyu!”

“Mian (sorry)” She says obviously not sorry at all. I leave all the bags by the entrance and sit on the couch where sunny is watching tv. I close my eyes drained from being outside the dorm for so long. The dorm is heaven.

“So where is Fany?” sunny asks

“The company.”

“Do you think it’s about the contract?”

My stomach sinks and I feel nauseous. Is that why she looked so sad? Can’t she renew her contract? Doesn’t she want to?

“Taeyeon don’t worry. This is tiffany you know her better than anyone. She will renew her contract.”

“I thought I knew Jessica. “ I say forgetting my good mood from spending the day with Tiffany. Sunny lightly punches me, “I swear you’re only happy when Fany is around. “she says in a joking way but that statement kind of shocks me a bit. Sunny notices so she continues to say, “I’m just joking you’re not that depressing taenguyah. Don’t blame yourself about Jessica our bond is still strong. Jessica just.. Lost her way a bit.”

“Thank you sunny.”

“Ah what’s with the atmosphere. I was watching a comedy.”

I laugh, “Mian “ I say not sorry at all and Sunny smiles.

Later I return to my room and lie on my bed. I take out my phone . There’s a few messages. Sooyoung was posting weird memes in the group chat. I read through them almost dying from laughter. “Kkkkkkk” I reply There’s also a message from heechul, “Why don’t you want to be in my music video TT TT “ “I told you you’re pretty enough to be the girl Kkkk” And thats all my friends....Time to play games

I was about to have a shower when Tiffany returns home. “I’m back! “ she announces loudly in English. Doesn’t she know it’s late already I chuckle “Fany-ah night time voice.”

“Oh sorry” she realizes and attempts to lower her voice. I’m glad she seems fine is what I thought but then she says, “I know we aren’t kids anymore but can I sleep with you today.”

“...Of course Stepani.”

 

*Flashback 13 years ago*

 

I have two room mates Stephanie Hwang and Choi Jinri (Sulli). Jinri is younger so I try to take care of her a little bit but I usually like to keep to myself. I’m not good at opening up to other people. My other roommate Stephanie is from America, she doesn’t know much Korean. At first I thought she was older but it turns out she’s the same age as me. So it’s true that foreigners look older. She often tries to talk to me in her broken Korean, it must be tough having to learn another language. She seems so outgoing unlike me.

“DaeDae um this.” She says as she points at some Korean on a page. She started calling me daedae after she heard my family calling me that. I guess it might be easier to pronounce then taeyeon.

“Boolgochogje it’s like pretty lights” I reply

“Fireworks?” She asks in English

“Probably.” My English isn’t that great.

“Let’s watch it!” she squeals

So I ended up watching fireworks with Stephanie. She was so happy watching the fireworks but now back at our room she looks the complete opposite. Did I say something wrong?

“Stepani are you OK?”

“It’s nothing. “

“You can say it in English.”

“I was having so much fun watching the fireworks but then I thought of how my brother loves fireworks and how I haven’t seen my family in so long and it’s so different here like the food and I can’t talk how I want to.” She blurts out in English but she talks so fast I can’t really understand.

“Everything will be OK.” I say to her

All of a sudden she gives me a big hug ,”Thank you Taeyeon.”

*Dogun dogun dogun *

Jinri opens the door and sees us hugging. I think it’s because I’m not a hugger but I feel awkward.

It’s almost time for lights out so we shower and go into our beds. I close my eyes ready to sleep ,”Tae can I sleep with you?”

*Dogun dogun *

“I’m lonely.” She continues I don’t say anything but I open my blanket and she takes that as a sign to get in. The beds aren’t that big so there isn’t much space. She cuddles up to me, she’s warm and she smells really nice. My heart starts beating really fast. I can’t sleep like this. I’m about to say I changed my mind.

“You’re like my best friend.” She says softly

I can’t kick her out.

“Good night, yepeoni”

 

*present time *

 

I get out of the shower and tiffany has already made my bed her own. It looks like she’s sleeping already. I wonder if she was lonely again. I get into my bed unlike our old dorm beds I now have a way larger one. Big enough for two people to sleep in without getting into each others way. It’s dark but I still look over to tiffany. She’s so pretty, how is she so pretty. Without noticing I’ve already kissed her forehead. WHAT WAS I DOING! I hope she’s asleep. I quickly lie down with my back facing her. I feel Tiffany’s hands on my back as she cuddles up to me. I can feel her breath on my neck.

“Because of my Japanese flag scandal they don’t want to renew my contract.”

My heart that was beating out of control suddenly stops and I turn around.

“That’s ridiculous!”

Tiffany looks down tears welling in her eyes, “It’s all my fault. They said I could continue solo but my image now would be bad for the group.”

“There is no group without you!”

“I don’t want to bring hate to everyone else.”

“Everyone loves you. You’re brighter than gems fany fany tiffany. Don’t listen to the haters. More people hate me than you.”

Tears start falling from her eyes, “People love you taeyeon.” I wipe her tears from her eyes and pull her into a hug ,”Everything will be OK.”

You’re way prettier when you smile fany-ah

 

A/N: This is my first time writing fan fiction. I'm still not sure where this story is going. But if you like it make sure to subscribe 。^‿^。