Shopping

Life as Taeyeon

“Taeyeon.”

“Unn.”

“Your alarm.”

Tiffany is shaking me. I slowly open my eyes. 

“...” 

“I’m just going to switch it off.”

She reaches over me and turns my alarm off.  s in front of me... Well now I’m awake. 

She sees me staring, “Tae you’ve seen me thousands of times and yesterday.” She teases

I look away, “Yeah.”

She gives me a soft kiss on my shoulder ,”I think you have to get up for work honey.”

I smile, “Yes darling.” 

Yesterday was... Wow. Everyday is wow. 

She hugs me, “I’ll miss you.”

“If you spend too much time with me you might get sick of me.” I joke 

She digs her head into my shoulder, “That would have happened already.”

I turn towards her and return the hug. 

Soft... Warm... Bare skin... I want to...

“Taeyeon...”

“Yeah.”

“Your s are hard.”

Time to get up. 

I let go of her, “I’m ...just a bit cold.”

She smirks, “Ok.” Before I move away to get up she grabs my hand, “Um... Tae... Do you ever think that you want me to go inside... You know with my fingers. ‘Cause I could start doing my nails differently... If you want.” She says shyly 

Is this a conversation to have right now? 

“Uh... Do them how you want.”

Even if I told her to keep them short I doubt that would last. 

“Are you sure? Because then I’m going to keep them like usual.”

“Your nails make you look... Straight.”

That just came out. It’s still early. My mind isn’t working. Does that make sense? 

She grins and raises her eyebrow, “Do you like it when I look straight?”

“I like how you usually are ... Very... Feminine.”

She laughs, “You definitely like girls Taeyeon.”

“Ah! Whatever! I need to get ready!”

 She smiles at me, “Do I get a goodbye kiss?”

I lean forward and kiss her on the forehead. 
She pouts. I don’t think that’s what she had in mind. 

“I can’t because then I won’t want to leave.” 


*Sooyoung POV *


I’m shopping with Tiffany today. She looks very happy. Probably because of valentines day yesterday. She kept telling everyone in the group about it this morning. 

“That ring looks prettier in real life.” I say when I see her hold up an elegant white dress. Putting the ring in full view. 

She puts the dress back on the rack, “Did I tell you what Tae did yesterday?”

I laugh, “Yes! And everyone else.”

She blushes, “Right.”

“Sunny still isn’t back from Japan yet right. So it’s just you two at the dorm?”

“Yeah but Tae has been so busy that she’s only back at night and she just wants to sleep.”

“So you haven’t done anything?”

“Um... No... we did stuff.. I’ve actually found out a lot of things about Taeyeon recently. She’s been more open about what she thinks. Like even this morning. She said I don’t have to cut my nails because it makes me seem less straight. Does that even make sense?” 

I laugh, “She was probably half asleep and forgot you were dating.”

Taeyeon likes straight girls... Not surprised when she fell in love with miss boy crazy Tiffany... She’s a lost cause.  

Tiffany laughs, “I think she knew we were dating. Apparently she meant that she likes that I’m feminine. She never used to say things like that before.”

“Of course she does... You’ve always been very girly. So what’s the story with Nichkhun?”

“Honestly I don’t even know. Like there’s been so much drama. What happened was Jess spoke to him about how I wanted to repair our relationship then it turned into a mess when the paparazzi caught us together. They fabricated a whole  story from those pictures"

“Sica spoke to him?”

“Weird right! Then I find out she was the one who gave the pictures to the press and besides that she told me she’s in love with Tae. And they kissed! Taeyeon didn’t deny it so I know it’s true.”

Taeyeon... Sica... Sica gave the pictures? 

“WHAT? Wait there’s too much going on. Sica caused the scandal? And since when did Taeyeon go around kissing girls? Especially Sica who she hasn’t seen in 2 years?”

“I don’t know either Ok! I’m sorry but really I can’t do our comeback with Jess. I want to talk to the company about it. Either she’s in SNSD or I am. She’s trying to mess up my life Soo.”

“Fany-ah I understand. I had a weird feeling about Sica. All of a sudden she wants to come back? It didn’t make sense but I don’t think you should talk to the company. If you’re not promoting with us everyone will be crushed.”

“But I don’t think I can do it with her Soo!”

“We need to discuss this with the members first.”

“Do you two need any help?” An employee offers 

“No we’re just browsing.”  Tiffany replies

“Do you want to go to the next shop. I haven’t seen anything here.” I say 

She locks our arms, “Yeah let’s go. Oh and I have to pick up underwear for Taeyeon.”

I glare at her, “You’re buying her underwear for her?”

“What?”

We go to the underwear store and I see Tiffany pick up some plain black . I think I’ve seen Taeyeon wear those. 

“Leave those. Let’s get her something y.” I suggest

“We can get her something similar to this but if you’re thinking of something like a G-string she won’t wear it unless she has to. I’ve bought her stuff before and it just sits in her cupboard.”

I glare at her again, “Before? You were buying her underwear before you were dating.”

“What? We do that for the other members.”

On special occasions not regularly. I swear these two. They live in their own world. I’m glad at least they’ve stopped playing the we’re a couple game and actually started going out. 

“Do you buy Sunny’s underwear for her too?”

“Um... No... Not usually. Taeyeon always wants to stay home so sometimes I buy stuff for her... It’s not such a big deal Sooyoung!”

I sigh, “Ara (I know). Well since you’re dating isn’t there anything you want to see her in. That’s how it works right. Because you’re attracted to her.”

Tiffany blushes ,”I guess... I don’t know. I never thought about it that way.“

I laugh. 

“Well you know! It’s not like all of a sudden it’s going to !” She defends 

I guess Tiffany has never been interested in girls or girls in underwear or girls ...at all. Wait then how does that work. 

“Then what does?”

“Like... How she looks at me... And touches me... It makes my heart race...” She says with embarrassment 

Ok. I see... 

“So we get the boring for Taeyeon and buy you something y.”

She glares at me, “You just want to make someone wear y lingerie.”

I smile, “Maybe...”

“Fine. Taeyeon likes see through stuff.”

“I thought you said she doesn’t wear... Oh right. Ok never mind.”

So see through hey Taeyeon.

 

*Taeyeon POV *


My music video filming is done. It’s going to be good. I can’t wait to see everything after editing. I got too caught up in the mood of the song that I ended up buying something that I never thought I would buy. 

“What did you buy Tae?” Tiffany interrogates immediately after she sees me walk through the door. 

“Maybe I’ll tell you later.” I try hide the packet behind me but she reaches and grabs it from me. 

“OH MY GOD! A STRAP ON?” She says angrily and takes it out. 

“My nails are still full of gems and you said you wanted one!”

“I was drunk! I changed my mind!”

“I didn’t think I was that into it but then I thought of the possibilities like cowgirl style and—“

“You bought a strap on to make me do the cowgirl position? I’m confiscating this! It’s not happening!” 

Tiffany starts walking away with the packet. 

“Why! We could try make babies together!” I joke 

She turns back, “That’s why! You’re just going to play around with it!”

“I won’t! I’ll be serious!”

She doesn’t reply. 

You were pretty into doing everything yesterday! It was so difficult to buy that... Which reminds me. 

“Fany-ah! Did you buy me new underwear?”

“Yes! It’s in your cupboard!” She replies from the other room. 

“Gomawo! (thank you)”

I sit down on the couch and turn on the Tv. Show champion is on. Just in time for Red Velvet. My cute hoobaes. They’ve been doing so well. 

“Rookie Rookie ~” I sing along and mimic the dance moves .

I hear Tiffany laugh which brings my attention to her now next to me then she copies my dance moves. 

“Rookie.” She says properly pronouncing the ‘R' 

“RRookie~” I imitate her American accent. 

She sits down next to me and hugs my arm
“You’ll get there one day Tae ~” she teases 

“Your sister liked my English.” I grin 

She laughs ,”She thinks you’re a dork.”

“...She likes me though right?”

“Yes~”

“Fany-ah. Today I finished shooting my new music video and most of the songs are finished. I know you wanted to hear so—“

“YES! Let’s listen to them now!” She says excitedly and turns off the Tv. 

I chuckle, “I have them on my phone.”

I take my iPhone out and sync it to the speaker ,”Hmmm....Ok first this is the song for the music video I’m pre releasing. ‘I got love’.”

I play the song. Tiffany is quiet while listening to the song very seriously. I stare at her trying to see her reaction. 

The song ends, “WOW! TAEYEON I LOVE IT! THIS IS SO MY STYLE!” she says passionately. 

I smile, “I thought you would like this one. They’re all really good tracks. They could all be title tracks. I’ve been working really hard on them.”

I play the next songs that are complete including the title track, ‘Fine’. I see Tiffany tear up. 

“Fany-ah...”

“They’re all such beautiful songs Tae. You’re right they could all be title tracks. These are perfect for your first full album. You’ve been working on this for a long time. I can really feel how much emotion you put...” She takes a moment to hold back her tears., “I don’t know why I’m like this again.”

Looking at her like this is making me emotional.

“You’re going to make me cry. I just...I really want everyone to enjoy my music. This is for everyone. This is what I love.”

I can feel myself tearing up so I look away. 

Tiffany hugs me, “Everyone will love them. I know it.”

I put my arms around her. After a short while she moves back and I stare into her mesmerizing brown eyes. 

*Dogun dogun dogun *

I move my face closer to hers. She closes her eyes. I pause before I reach her lips to enjoy the proximity and hear her deep breathing. She grips my top and edges her face closer so our lips just touch .

I kiss her. Our tongues caress each other in a loving kiss filled with our feelings. 

After a while Tiffany pulls back, “Taeyeon I’m scared.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you but I don’t know how to do that.”

Rest of our lives... 

I hug her, ”We can... We can just do that. We don't need official documents for that. If something happens... I’ll ...protect you.”

She holds me tightly, “I think you’re the one that needs protecting Tae.”


*Next day *
Tiffany POV 


This is something I need to do. I have to go to see Taeyeon’s parents. She doesn’t say anything but I’ve seen her trying to phone them. I pull up in front of her parents house. I tried to phone beforehand but they wouldn’t answer my calls either so here I am in Jeonju. I take a deep breath then I exit my car and walk to the front door. 

I hesitant for a moment before I ring the door bell. 
Taeyeon’s Mom opens the door. As soon as she sees me she pauses for a moment then starts to close the door. 

“Mom...” That word escapes from my mouth 

She stops closing the door and looks at me. I can see tears welling in her eyes. Unexpectedly and suddenly she pulls me into a hug. 

“Fany-ah... Yer... Yer the ideal daughter-in-law! I meant it when I said it! I.. I know yer the only one that can make TaeTae that happy! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I’ll be a better mother to you from now on!”

I can’t hold in my tears. I hug her back and cry, “Mom...Mom... Taeyeon... She really misses you!” 

Taeyeon’s mom releases from the hug and covers her face to hide her tears, “I’ve been such a horrible parent! I know ha Dad feels the same. We said we would support her no matter what... Will she ever forgive us.”

“She will! She definitely will! I’m sorry this is all my fault!” I wipe away my tears but they keep coming. 

“No... Ya haven’t done anything wrong... How can I hate ya fer loving my daughter.”

I crouch down on the floor and hide my face. I’m so overwhelmed. I would never forgive myself if I took Taeyeon’s parents away from her.