Love for You

SECRET CUPID

 

Did you know that high up in the sky, there was a beautiful place where beautiful creatures lived in. If you did not know, then let me told you. The beautiful place was like a shrine, everything was white and bright there but something that would amaze you, was people or we could call them “tiny people” who lived in there. They were cupids.

The cupids did not just live at the shrine, they also worked there. Their job were to help people to meet their soulmate who were meant to each other and who were destined to be with each other. They really loved their job. And today was an important day for the cupids because every cupids would be assigned to help a couple to be together. The cupids had to succeed with each of their assignment, they could do any ways or methods to make the couple become together, as long as it would not harm anything or anyone, and the cupids really loved peace.

There was a certain cupid that always succeeded with every of his assignments, his name was Baekcon. Baekcon walked confidently to the huge desk in front of all the cupids, who was currently waiting for their assignment in the cupid shrine hall, where a cupid leader was sitting at with stacks of rolling parchments on her desk. The cupid leader gave him a parchment while smiling, knowing that Baekcon would succeed with his assignment again this time. After all the cupids got their own assignment which were couples that they should help to be together, they could do their assignment immediately. As a cupid who had a very good reputation, Baekcon eagerly open his parchment of assignment.

“Joon Ji Hye x Kim Jong Dae,” he read the couple names and wondered how they looked like. There was also other informations that would be needed for him to make a plan for the couple to be together.

The other cupids were starting to fly, leaving the shrine to their respective couples, so did Baekcon. He flapped his little pair of wings and then flying to search for his own couple.

~~~~ LOVE FOR YOU~~~~

 

Baekcon did not get a very good reputation for nothing, he was really good at doing his job as a cupid that he easily found his respective couple. Joon Ji Hye lived alone in her apartment, her apartment building had a little balcony to look outside and other apartments in the same building had the balcony too. And Kim Jong Dae was coincidentally living next to her so their apartment balconies were side by side to each other.

It made Baekcon smiled to himself, “I think this couple will be as easy to help to be together as Lee Hoya x Lee Bi Ah couple or HoBi couple,” his confidence growing even more while remembering the previous couple that he had helped to be together.

But suddenly, he heard unpleasant sound, someone was crying. He found out that it was Joon Ji Hye who was crying. Baekcon flew towards Ji Hye’s apartment balcony and looked inside her dark apartment. He used his magical power to open the slide glass door a little bit and slipped inside. Then he flew around her apartment to find Ji Hye was crying while hugging her knees close to her chest on the floor not far from the balcony. He landed on the floor next to her, people could not see the cupids because their tiny size and also because there was a magical shield around them to protect them so they could not be seen by normal people.

Baekcon looked up at Ji Hye and wondered why she was crying, he did not like seeing someone crying. Suddenly, he got an idea, from the informations he had about the couple, Kim Jong Dae also did not like seeing or hearing a girl crying. Baekcon hurriedly flew again outside to see what Kim Jong Dae was doing and to know that Jong Dae heard Ji Hye’s crying or not.

He saw from Jong Dae’s balcony that Jong Dae was unpacking and tidying his room. Baekcon knew that Jong Dae had just moved to his current apartment. It looked like Jong Dae could not hear Ji Hye’s crying because Baekcon himself could not hear it from Jong Dae’s apartment balcony. Baekcon started to think how to make Jong Dae could hear Ji Hye’s crying while wandering his eyes around then he spotted a little potted plant in the balcony. He smiled to himself that he finally got a perfect idea.

Jong Dae still tidying his room and when he was near the balcony, Baekcon lifted the potted plant with his magical power and dropped it to the ground to get Jong Dae’s attention. And he definitely got Jong Dae’s attention as Jong Dae walked to the glass door and opened it to look outside, he found that the potted plant was on the ground. When Jong Dae was outside in his balcony, Baekcon magically made Ji Hye’s crying sound even louder so Jong Dae could hear it. Jong Dae halted his movement when he heard the crying sound, he knew the sound was from his neighbor. He trying to look at his neighbor apartment from his balcony and saw the apartment was dark and he just could hear a girl was crying inside, he did not like hearing it. He thought for a second deciding what would he do and he started to humming a melody loudly, hoped that he could distract the girl who was his neighbor to stop her crying.

Ji Hye suddenly heard someone was humming a beautiful melody that she stopped crying, she sniffled, rubbed her swollen eyes and walked towards her sliding glass door. She opened it a little just enough to look outside, it was already dark outside and her apartment also dark, she did not know how long she had been crying. She saw a guy was at the balcony of his apartment. He was the one who humming the beautiful melody and he was her new neighbor. Ji Hye quickly closed the glass door, she felt embarrassed that the guy perhaps could hear her crying. She thought that the apartment beside her was still empty and she did not know when the guy moved to the once always empty apartment.

A thought suddenly crossed her mind that maybe the guy humming a beautiful melody to stop her from crying. It warmed her heart if the guy really did it because of that, but she still felt embarrassed or the thought was indeed just to cover her embarrassing. She chose to not think any weird things and began to turn on all the lights of her apartment.

Jong Dae stopped humming when he did not hear any crying sound anymore and he was now curious how his neighbor looked like. After he placed the potted plant to its place, he came inside his apartment and unpacked his other stuffs.

Baekcon did a cheery dance in the air as he saw that his idea really succeed. Now, he would find another idea to make a plan for JiDae couple. He liked the name of the couple.

 

~~~~ LOVE FOR YOU~~~~

 

Baekcon learned from the informations he had that JiDae went to the same college, Joon Ji Hye was in art major whereas Kim Jong Dae was in music major. Kim Jong Dae just moved to his current apartment, and became Ji Hye’s neighbor, because it was closer to their campus building. Baekcon also learned that Ji Hye was crying last night because her crush left Korea to study abroad. Her crush. Baekcon hoped he could make Ji Hye forgot about her crush and would at least shifted her attention to Jong Dae because her crush was not meant for her.

Ji Hye hurriedly opened the door of her apartment to go to campus that early morning, but she was actually nearly late because she was one of the staffs of her campus art exhibition that would be held a week later. So, she had to come to her campus early to do her job as one of the staffs. When she opened the door and came out, her neighbor apartment door was opened too and a good-looking guy came out. She frozed for a moment and when the guy finally looked at her, she felt shy and embarrassed because of last night incident.

“Good morning. I’m Kim Jong Dae, I’m new here,” Jong Dae spoke as he smiled a charming smile to her.

“I-I’m Joon Ji Hye, nice to meet you and good morning. I-I have to go now..” Ji Hye did not know why she had to stuttering, she bowed at him and quickly walked almost running to reach her campus as fast as she could.

Jong Dae bowed at her, but she already ran and descended the apartment staircase. He even yet to said “nice to meet you too” to her. He felt that Ji Hye was a nice girl and she was cute as well. He hoped they could be a good neighbor. When Jong Dae was about to come inside his apartment, he came out of his apartment because he heard the sound of his neighbor opening her door and he wanted to greet her, he saw something shining on the ground in front of Ji Hye’s apartment door. He picked it up and it was an ID card in plastic laminate with strap. It was Ji Hye’s ID card; there were her name, her picture and her assign job as a staff of the coming exhibition from art major. Jong Dae thought it was important to her, so even though he had no classes today, he would give the ID to her.

Baekcon felt extremely happy when he saw Jong Dae picked Ji Hye’s ID card and now Jong Dae was going to his campus to give the ID card to Ji Hye. He once again succeeded with his plan. He purposely dropped Ji Hye’s ID card using his magical power when he saw Jong Dae came out from his apartment and greeted her. He now following Jong Dae while sitting on Jong Dae’s shoulder, without Jong Dae knowing of course, because he was a bit tired to fly.

 

~~~~ LOVE FOR YOU~~~~
 

The Excellent Outstanding Campus, or EXO Campus, was one of the most pretigious universities in South Korea. And the campus building was so huge, making Jong Dae wondered how to find Ji Hye, but he determined to give the ID card to her. Baekcon also trying to help Jong Dae to find Ji Hye, he read the informations given to him and according from that Ji Hye surely was in art major building now and that was the place where Jong Dae was heading to. Jong Dae began to search for Ji Hye and finally found her in the room of the art exibition would take place with a little help from Baekcon. A little, because JiDae couple had already a feelings connection between them like the other couples who were meant to each other.

After made sure Ji Hye was not too busy, Jong Dae started to approach her and she immediately felt surprise that Jong Dae was there.

“I want to give this to you. I think it’s important,” he handed the ID card to her, “it was on the ground in front of your apartment door, I think you accidentally dropped it,” he added as he accidentally charmed her with his charming smile.

“T-thank you, thank you so much,” Ji Hye tried to not stutter this time, but she was too mesmerized by his charming smile, but again she quickly tried to shift her attention from his smile, “how did you find me?” she asked him.

“I’ve asked everywhere and I also a student here, so it’s pretty easy to find you,” Jong Dae explained to her.

“You are a student here also??”

“Yeah. I’m in music major.”

They continue talking to each other, making Baekcon became sure that he would succeed with his assignment again this time. He hoped JiDae couple would really be together.

~~~~ LOVE FOR YOU~~~~

 

Five months later. Baekcon was still tagging a long with JiDae couple and the couple had not yet showing any love spark except they became really close friends now. Baekcon tried to be patient, but he somewhat a bit disappointed because he had a record that he could make a couple become together only in two months. That was why he had a very good reputation as a cupid. He also had a confident for JiDae couple that they would become together quickly before, he still had that confident but maybe there was something that he missed while helping JiDae couple to be together. And Baekcon always seeing that JiDae relationship was like a newlywed couple, that was why he wondered, why the love spark had not appeared yet between them.

So, Baekcon made another plan aside his plan to help them to be together. The another plan was finding something that prevented the love spark appeared between JiDae couple. He gave more attention to each of them and surprisingly found out that Jong Dae starting to consider Ji Hye more than just his close friends. In one sentence, he attracted to her.

Baekcon now was in Jong Dae’s apartment while watching the couple baking a cake together. Jong Dae had asked Ji Hye to help him make a cake for his mother’s birthday. He wanted to give his mother a special cake made by him and also because he secretly wanted to always be with Ji Hye. They now starting to have a flour fight; Jong Dae poked Ji Hye’s cheek with his flour coated finger and Ji Hye did the same to him. Jong Dae throwed a bit flour to her and laughed when she started to sneezing cutely, she then took revenge and dipped her hands in the flour, but when she would touch Jong Dae’s face with her hands full of flour, Jong Dae ran away from her and they ended up ran in circle at the kitchen while laughing. Baekcon was enjoying watching a cute couple in front of him while smiling and hope the love spark would finally appear soon between them.

After the flour fight, they chose to continue making the cake and a hour later the cake was finally done. It was a beautiful cake and they hoped the taste would be delicious too.

“Oppa, I think your mom will like the cake, even though maybe the taste isn’t as delicious as a cake from a cake shop,” Ji Hye said.

“Of course she will like it. And the taste will definitely delicious because you the one who made it,” Jong Dae replied while smiling, making Ji Hye blushed.

“W-we made it together,” Ji Hye did not know why she always stuttered if she saw Jong Dae’s charming smile.

“Yeah, we made it together,” Jong Dae repeated her sentence again and felt how he liked the sentence as he patted Ji Hye’s head softly.

“I have to go now. I have some papers to be handed next week,” Ji Hye tried to not blush even more and took off the apron and began to clean herself from flour all over her body.

But Jong Dae did not seem to hear her as he dipped his hands in the flour and when Ji Hye would bid him goodbye, he cupped her small face with his flour coated hands and grinned to her. Ji Hye suddenly felt something different and her heart beat even faster than normal as she saw Jong Dae from the close distance while smiling at her.

Baekcon eagerly stood up from his sitting position and watched the couple gazed into each other eyes now. He could feel it finally that the love spark starting to appear between them. He also could hear not only Ji Hye’s heart beating faster but also Jong Dae’s heart that beating crazily. Baekcon did his cheery dance again while flew around Jong Dae’s apartment, but then he heard a ring from someone’s phone.

Jong Dae and Ji Hye broke their eye contact upon hearing the ring from Ji Hye’s phone. Jong Dae retracted his hands from her face and Ji Hye quickly picked up her phone on the coffee table and answered her friend who called her. She could not concentrate on what her friend was saying because her heart still beating so fast and it was her imagination or not, but while Jong Dae cupped her face, he also was leaning his face so close to her and staring at her lips. She blushed at the thought and her friend decided to end the call because Ji Hye did not respond and thought that Ji Hye was busy. Ji Hye then bade goodbye to Jong Dae awkwardly and Jong Dae waved at her slightly awkwardly too as he smiled and thanked her for helping him with the cake. And Baekcon really liked seeing it.

 

~~~~ LOVE FOR YOU~~~~

 

Baekcon had to make sure that the love would grow more between JiDae couple, so he watched on them more intense than before at night. He watched that Jong Dae was laying in his bed as he grinned to himself while thinking about something, making Baekcon grinned along that he could feel the love vibe coming from Jong Dae. Jong Dae actually was thinking about today incident when he cupped Ji Hye’s small pretty face and he suddenly had an urge to kiss her soft lips. He wondered what her reaction would be if he continued it.

After knowing that there was love vibe around Jong Dae, Baekcon flew to Ji Hye apartment and entered her bedroom. She was sitting on her study chair while propping her head with her hands on the study table as she also thinking about something. She thought about today incident too and started to blush. Baekcon liked seeing it and he also could feel the love vibe from her, but suddenly the love vibe began to faded when Ji Hye opened a drawer and took out something from it.

Baekcon frowned, he flew to approach Ji Hye closer and landed on the table and stared at a picture in between Ji Hye’s slender fingers as Ji Hye also stared at it with longing in her eyes. Baekcon surprised that it was Ji Hye and him in the picture, but without his little wings and the light orb above his head, he also wearing human clothes in the picture. But again the guy in the picture was definitely not him. Baekcon tried to read what was the letter about behind the picture; “With Baek Hyun” he finally could read it. So, the guy’s name was Baek Hyun and he was Ji Hye’s crush because Baekcon could see her longing to the guy through her eyes. She missed him.

Baekcon never felt so helpless like this because he could not found any idea how to make Ji Hye forgot about her crush, Baek Hyun. He stared at the picture again and really did not like that he and Baek Hyun looked so alike. Suddenly, Ji Hye let out a sigh and placed the picture inside the drawer and grabbed her phone. Baekcon felt curious as he also stared at the phone like Ji Hye did and he immediately widen his eyes out of joy. He read that there was a message from Baek Hyun to Ji Hye yesterday, the message said that Baek Hyun condition was good and he liked staying in China where he was studying now, but something that making Baekcon happy was that Baek Hyun had a girlfriend there. It showed that Baek Hyun did not know that Ji Hye liked him more than just a friend.

He looked up to see Ji Hye’s expressionless face and Baekcon immediately felt sad, he hoped that Ji Hye would not cry because of Baek Hyun’s message. Ji Hye then got up from her chair and started to prepare herself to sleep then she laying herself in her bed and close her eyes. Baekcon looked at her sleeping face from the bed side table and felt relief that she was not crying. An idea popped in his mind, he would enter Ji Hye’s dreamland with the help of his magical power.

~~~~ LOVE FOR YOU~~~~

 

Ji Hye was in a beautiful garden, she was sitting on the grass like carpet that felt so soft beneath her.

“How are you?” she heard someone speaking beside her and found it was Baek Hyun, her friend and also her crush.

“I’m fine. How about you?” she asked him back and felt a bit uncomfortable around him knowing that he had a girlfriend now.

“I’m feeling more than fine,” he grinned at her.

“Because of your girlfriend?” Ji Hye asked him slowly.

“Yeah, she always make me happy with everything she do.”

Ji Hye was silent hearing his answered. She looked down as she felt something stabbed her heart.

Baek Hyun looked at her then he said, “You will find the love for you later. Or maybe the love for you is already there waiting for you to accept it.”

Ji Hye looked up and stared at Baek Hyun, confused.

“I’ve got the love for me and you will definitely get the love for you, Ji Hye,” Baek Hyun said while grinning to her.

 

~~~~ LOVE FOR YOU~~~~
 

Ji Hye woke up and suddenly feeling so happy she did not know why, but she liked the feelings. Baekcon watching her as he smiled that he succeeded to enter her dreamland as Baek Hyun who told her that there was a love for her and indirectly told her that Baek Hyun was not meant for her.

When she opened her apartment door to go to campus, Jong Dae’s apartment door was opened too and he came out as he flashed her his charming smile as usual when he seeing her. Ji Hye smiled at him and started to think that Jong Dae was actually a handsome guy and he even more handsome while smiling so charmingly to her. Jong Dae stood closely in front of her now, making Ji Hye felt warm on her cheeks.

“Good morning, Ji Hye,” Jong Dae greeted her.

“Good morning Jong Dae Oppa,” Ji Hye tried to cover her blushing cheeks from him, but Jong Dae obviously could see it, with the help from Baekcon who was seeing them with happy expression on his face, and Jong Dae liked seeing the pink blushes on both of her cheeks and found it so adorable.

“You’re going to campus too?” he questioned her.

“Yes,” she nodded.

“Let’s go together then.”

The two of them secretly hoped that the journey to their campus would be longer because they liked each other company and felt comfortable to each other. When they about to reach the EXO Campus, Jong Dae suddenly asked Ji Hye, “Are you free this Saturday, Ji Hye?”

 

Ji Hye looked up at him, surprised, “Yeah,” she replied.

Jong Dae smiled hearing her answer. He had made up his mind that he would confess his love to her. And Ji Hye also had made up her mind that she would not make the love for her waiting for her to accept it any longer. She once had a crush to her friend but could not find a courage to confess her feelings to him, but now she already had a courage to accept the love for her.

 

~~~~ LOVE FOR YOU~~~~

 

Baekcon did his cheery dance once again as he saw at the newborn couple; JiDae couple that officially became a couple now after Jong Dae confessed his love to Ji Hye under the night sky full of stars when he asked her out this Saturday, Jong Dae loved Ji Hye so much and she accepted his love because Ji Hye love Jong Dae too so much. And they actually were meant to each other and were destined to be with each other.

After his parchment of assignment magically had a love sign because Baekcon had once again succeeded to help a couple to be together, he flew to return to the cupid shrine. He finally arrived at the cupid shrine hall and met the cupid leader to hand his finish assignment to her.

“Good job, Baekcon,” she gave him a compliment.

“Thank you,” Baekcon grinned at her and bowed to her.

As he walked down the cupid shrine hall, he wondered who was the next couple that he would gladly help to be together later.


 

~~~~End~~~~

 



Dear Jihye,

My Lovely Secret Cupid Child~
I just hope you will like even love this story and I will ship you with your bias to infinity and beyond!!
And you will know who I am after reading 7 paragraphs of the story. XD
(P. S. I'm sorry if there's any grammar mistake in the story ^ ^")

Love,
Little Wings