Out of Book

SECRET CUPID

Dear Seongyeon,

First of all, I would like to apologize to my child and also everyone who was waiting for this story. I realized that I have done a big mistake for letting all of you guys wait. Especially for my child. I swear that you should not put high expectation on this one. This story is obviously NOT the "save the best for the last", nope. The story is long, yes, but I had to make the story fast by cutting off a lot of parts so I'm sorry if you are left hanging.

To my child, I will make it up for you, I promised.

Happy Valentine's Day?

Love,
Unlucky

 



 


“Not again!” Seongyeon groaned frustratedly as she threw the recent book she bought onto her bed. It was the 8th book she read within the two months and the character she liked ended up dying,again. She wasn’t sure if it was pure coincidence or she was careless enough to buy such books that had a dying character. Maybe it was the latter.

 

“People come and go,Seongyeon. Even the characters in the books.” She sobbed to herself and took the book in her hands again, flipping through the pages to see how much she had been reading. It hadn’t reached the middle of the book, yet her favorite character was already dying! She had lost her interest in continuing to read the novel so she put the 200-pages book into her collection of ‘unfinished-novels-because-my-favorite-character-died’.

 

Seongyeon sighed as she looked at the pile of novels she had read. Did she really have that much time to read tons of them? She really needed to find a new jobㅡ the owner of the apartment she had been living in was always waiting for her at the front door every weekend to ask her to pay the rent. Guess she had to sell the books to get some money for now.

 

She got up from her single bed and collected the books she had no longer touched. Some of them were dusty enough to show that it had been a while she had left the books unread. Coughing, Seongyeon quickly put the books in a stack and got away from the dust. Being someone who had asthma, she had to be careful with her environment. There was a point where she was admitted to the hospital because of it. And it was a hell to be there gasping for air lifelessly.

 

After putting the books together, Seongyeon looked at her digital clock.It’s already 4 in the morning and it’s time for her to sleep after reading ‘Midnight Kiss’ for six hours,the book that she wasted her time on only to find out that the character died in the middle of the story.Seongyeon lazily dragged her feet towards the bed and threw herself on it, pulling the blanket over her and closing her eyes; hoping to have a good quality short sleep.

 

The next day she woke up at around 7 in the morning and spent her time sitting in her couch, watching TV with a mug of hot chocolate in her hand. The weather was getting chilly since it’s almost the peak of winter where the temperature was below 0 degree most of the time in that month.

 

“Aight,Seongyeon. You have a mission today,” she grabbed the remote control, turning off the television. “Let’s find money!” She exclaimed as she stood straight up, one hand shot up in the air while the other one holding her empty mug. Her heart was burning with determination.This was it, the time for her to be productive again.

 

------------

 

“Noooo~” Seongyeon whined desperately with her shoulders pushed outward, her chin up with a frown on her forehead and her lips arched like the London bridge. She had been surveying for a vacant job all over the town but there was none!

 

“How am I going to pay the rent with just 30,000₩ ?” She complaint while she counted the money she got from selling her novels. She needed at least 170,000 more won to pay the rent. It seemed like she had to find a way to rob someone, maybe. But she was wise enough to not do such thing so she absolutely won’t do any robbery towards anyone.

 

As she was walking down the street, Seongyeon looked into the windows of a bar and saw a notice was put up.

 

‘Help wanted. Looking for someone who can sing classical songs. Please proceed to the number below if interested.’

 

Her eyes trailed down to the bottom of the white paper and quickly took out her phone. Her slender fingers were fast as she inserted the numbers in her smartphone despite of the screen having cracks all over it. Blame the thinness of her phone for being too easy to slip from her hand while she was running an errand for her previous job.

 

“I could apply for this one,” Seongyeon thought, biting on her lower lip gently while she peeked into the bar from the windows. The bar was not that crowded. It seemed peaceful. She then stared at the number written in her phone and had a long thought. Was she qualified enough to apply for it? Sure, she had taken some singing class before but it had been several years since the last time she sang. Maybe she should have some practice before applying for it.

 

A smile plastered on her face as she decided to go for it. Maybe it was not so bad to sing classical songs anyway. She then walked away from the bar and headed to the bus stop hurriedly when she saw a bus approaching. She queued in line and boarded, having a seat at the back of the bus beside the window.

 

Her journey to home took around 15 minutes before she got off the bus and walked home.

 

“Oh? A new bookstore?” Seongyeon frowned at the sight of a bookshop across the apartment she lived in. Was it just her or the bookstore had been there all along? She remembered that there wasn’t any bookstore around her apartment other than a mini market at the corner of the street.

 

Seongyeon stood in front of the entrance and looked up to see the name of the shop.

 

“Out of Book? What an odd name for a bookstore.” She uttered and looked inside the shop through the door. It was a bit gloomy on the inside as there were only a few lights on, and it gave off a mysterious and dark vibe; like a place a witch would love to stay in. Perhaps it was only the theme of the shop.

 

Perhaps.

 

Curious of what the bookstore had to offer, she pushed the glass doors apart and dragged her feet inside. The moment she was inside ,she could see a lot of books arranged in their respective genres and her eyes twinkled at the sight of it. It felt like heaven!

 

She walked along the maroon carpet that led her to the romance section and her eyes were wandering to see all the novels. They were arranged in alphabetical order too. The scent of the books somehow smelled like woods, which was quite odd but it didn’t matter to her.Seongyeon randomly picked out a book and looked at the back cover of the book, only to read the description of the story.

 

“Most girls would cry from their left eye because of him,

 

but this girl, she cries from her right eye and that makes him wonder why.”

 

Seongyeon arched her left eyebrow and wondered what could possibly happen to the male character. She started to get interested with the book and checked the title of it. “Lost,” she whispered to herself.However, her eyes were widened when she saw the price.   

 

“Mother of book, this is pricey!” exclaimed Seongyeon. She released a sigh and heavily put the book back on its shelf. She stared at the book and squinted her eyes.

 

“I’ll come back to get you,”

 

------------

It had been almost four weeks since she started her work as a singer at the bar and everything was going smoothly for her. The owner of the bar was nice, the work environment there was nice too. Every Monday and Thursday nights she would go to the bar to sing, but the other days she would volunteer to help the bartenders. She thought she could get extra money by that way.

 

“Thank God! I have enough money to pay my rent now.” Seongyeon skipped rather cheerfully after getting her first salary working as a singer. She decided to sell all her novels except for a few that she kept to herself because those were the only books which her favorite characters didn’t end up dying. And thanks to that she managed to collect some more money to pay her rent.

 

“Thank you!” Seongyeon smiled after she bowed to the owner, grateful as she received some rice cakes in return. She sighed in relief after getting to pay her rent after 2 months. A small smile appeared on her face when she saw a few 10,000₩ notes were still available in her black almost-torn wallet. She wondered when she could actually buy a new one but she just shrugged off the thought since she decided to visit the bookstore again.

 

“What is the title of the book again? Last? Or was it Lost?” Seongyeon whispered to herself as she stepped on the maroon carpet that led to the same Romance section. Her eyes scanned through the books on the shelves, finding the initial L and slowly examined each book to find the previous book she had her attention on.

 

“Wait, the book is not here anymore?!” She asked, a bit louder that the worker heard her groaning in front of the shelf.

 

“May I help you,miss?” Seongyeon turned her gaze towards the girl dressed in long yellow skirt and white blouse, her hair was tied into a low bun and a soft smile appeared on her face as she asked Seongyeon.

 

“I’m looking for a book entitled Lost. Is it out of stock already?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. But we only have one copy for every novel here.” A deep frown appeared on Seongyeon’s forehead as she was weirded out with how the shop ran. One copy per book? Seriously? What type of bookshop worked that way?

 

“Right, out of book.” Seongyeon thought to herself with disappointment and looked through the shelf again, moving her gaze towards the initial M. Her index finger trailed along the arrangement of the books while she read the titles, until she stopped at a book that had a white cover.

 

“Meeting point,” she took the book into her hand and quietly admired the visual of it. It was simple: it had white book covers, the design had only two lines,red and blue that crossed each other, and the book title was displayed right below the intersection of the lines. Indeed simplicity was breathtaking.

 

She looked at the first page of the book and saw a warning on it. “Don’t let them know who they are, or else they won’t exist in your world anymore.”

 

Seongyeon couldn’t care less about the warning because she found it a very odd one and as usual Seongyeon would look at the back of the book to figure out what’s all about.

 

“Don’t ever tell me to not forget you.” -Yoongi

 

And that was it, the only thing she could find on the back cover of the book. A quote by this character she assumed was named as Yoongi,but she was intrigued by the mystery of it. Why was he saying that? And why was he refused to not forget them?

 

Thus, the book was purchased by her and the only thing she hoped for the book was that, the character named Yoongi wouldn’t die.

 

---------------------------------------

 

Seongyeon was hooked with the book she recently bought. She had no regrets on buying it, she loved the storyline, loved the characters, and most importantly she loved that Yoongi wasn’t dying (so far as what she had read). Yoongi was a rider, travelling on the road had been part of his life and he had a group of friends that had the same passion as his. Nakama, was what he named his group of friends as. The group consisted of three friends named Namjoon, Hoseok, and Maerin that had been following him around for their aimless travel on the road.

 

Apparently Yoongi had a crush on Maerin, his own best friend.

 

“Seongyeon, what are you doing?” a voice interrupted Seongyeon as she was so into the book. Seongyeon distracted herself from the book to look at the person and gave her a nervous smile.

 

“I- I’m reading a book. Hahaha,” she laughed awkwardly and closed the book in an instant, pushing it further on the makeup table. Mira could only stared at her in confusion before she lifted her shoulders, giving her a shrug.

 

“Whatever, but the show is starting soon so you should get ready.”

 

“Alright,”

 

They exchanged smiles before Mira took her leave from the waiting room and Seongyeon turned her chair back towards the mirror. She leaned in to look at the makeup done by her colleague and shuddered at the sight. She was not someone who wore makeup so she found it odd to see herself in it (although she had been working for almost a month and two weeks, she hadn’t got used to it yet). Her bob hair was combed with her fingers gently before she stood up from her seat.   

 

“Phew, another show to be done and I can continue with the novel,” she inhaled a deep breath and did a simple warming up for her voice before she walked up to the stage.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

“Maerin,” the girl looked up from the fire, turning her gaze towards the guy. It was a soft gaze, just the way he fell for it all over again.

 

“I have something to tell you,”


 

“You go, baby. Do it now.Do it!” Seongyeon sobbed to herself, her toes curling under the blanket. She had been reading the book for two hours now and it had reached the part where Yoongi was going to confess (that was what she assumed was going to happen).

 

“No,”

 

“What no? No, no, you can’t say no!”

 

“I can’t accept your love,Yoongi. I’m sorry.” Maerin looked at him with guilt, biting down on her lower lip gently.

 

“What the f- no.”

 

“I have someone else in my heart,” she looked down to her feet, not wanting to have an eye contact with the guy who was now standing in front of her, heartbroken and ashamed.

 

“Alright, I’m sorry.” Yoongi whispered, readied to isolate himself.

 

Seongyeon spent her night reading the book, each pages urged her to keep on reading. Ever since the confession Yoongi had slowly parted himself from the group, he didn’t spend his time with them that much anymore. He would isolate himself, having a long thought.

 

A long thought that would change his world completely.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

“Seongyeon, put that book down!” a voice echoed in the small class that squeezed in 15 students in it. Mrs.Kim, her Korean Language teacher approached Seongyeon in an instant upon catching her reading the novel for the fourth time in a row. Seongyeon quickly hid the book under the table and leaned forward to it; giving no access for the elder to take the book away.

 

“How old are you to be reading a love novel?”

 

“Twenty-four?”

 

“I swear to God, Seongyeon, if I catch you reading the book again I will make sure that the book will be disposed by our janitor. Please stay focused, you need to pass this upcoming test.”

 

Seongyeon had her head low, giving her a slight nod at the truth being said before Mrs.Kim walked back to the front to continue her teaching. Seongyeon watched her silently and pulled out a bit of the novel, scanning the paragraph where she had left it off.

 

“Guys,” Hoseok called out for the attention of his two other friends, his well being standing straight in front of the television as the channel was displaying the news.

The two friends exchanged looks before Hoseok turning himself towards them.

 

“Yoongi hyung,”

 

“No way. Don’t tell me-”

 

“He’s gone.”

 

Seongyeon let a loud groan of frustration slipped from her lips, catching Mrs.Kim’s attention once again.

 

“Park Seongyeon!”


 

--------------------------------------------

 

The book that was once never left Seongyeon’s palms was now placed on the table. Seongyeon was done. She thought that Yoongi wouldn’t die but he did. However she never found out how he died because she stopped reading the book instantly.

 

She somehow felt attached to his character. A quiet guy who barely have friends other than his Nakama group, someone who enjoyed travelling on the road, someone whose love was unrequited. Something about him that could make her relate to herself.

 

Seongyeon was somehow saddened with the fact that her favorite character died. Not that she hadn’t got used to it but she felt like something was attached between her and Yoongi. It couldn’t be explained, but there was something that made her felt that way.

 

She rested her cheek on her arm that was laid on the table,catching Mira’s attention when she sighed heavily.

 

“Hey,what’s wrong?”

 

“Yoongi died.”

 

“What? I- I’m sorry for your loss.”

 

“Nah, he’s just a character from a book I read.”

 

Mira mentally hit her forehead upon receiving the answer from Seongyeon, she was giving her glares before shaking her head.

 

“Get a boyfriend,Valentine’s is soon.”

 

“What?! No.That is so sudden,”

 

“Seriously, get one. Chiyeon said she has a friend, shall I set you up for a blind date with her friend?”

 

Seongyeon bit on her lower lip gently, unable to make a decision for Mira’s offer.

 

“No one would want me so no,thanks.”

 

“Oh, c’mon!”

 

The reason why she refused to be set on a blind date was that her previous dates were mere failure. Well, one of the dates managed to get her a boyfriend but it didn’t last for long.

 

“I don’t think you would continue reading the book anyway so why not?” Mira persuaded.

 

“But Mira-”

 

“Trust me, you won’t regret it.” A sigh escaped.

 

“Whatever,”

 

---------------------

 

Seongyeon waited at the table impatiently, her heels kept on clacking on the wooden floor, her hands were fiddling with the fabric of her black dress. Mira managed to set her up on the blind date with this friend of Chiyeon, and she didn’t bother to find out more about him.

 

“Urgh, where is he?” Seongyeon looked at the clock in her smartphone and rolled her eyes as it was already 8:30 pm. They were supposed to meet at the restaurant at 8 pm but this guy hadn’t showed up.

 

“I’m leaving,” she held on her purse and stood up from her chair.

 

“Sit down,” a hand touched her shoulder,giving her a gentle push to make her sit back on her chair. Seongyeon turned her face towards the voice and a few thin lines were formed on her forehead. This guy, he wasn’t that tall compared to her. Just a bit taller by a few inches. And his hair, oh God, Seongyeon loved the way his black hair was covering part of his forehead.

 

“Sorry for being late,” he spoke and took a seat in front of her. Seongyeon was still puzzled with what was going on but she decided to shrug it off. Perhaps this was H’s friend.

 

“Have you ordered anything?” he asked as he fixed his white shirt. Seongyeon could only shake her head in response and waited for him to call the waiter.

 

Seongyeon was stunned with his visual. His pale skin, his cute little lips and the ends of his eyes were sharp. She felt something familiar about him.

 

After placing their orders he turned his gaze towards the lady and gave her a little smile that went unnoticed by her.

 

“Your name?”

 

“Seongyeon. Park Seongyeon.”

 

“I see,” he nodded his head lightly and looked down to read anything written on the menu. The atmosphere was awkward, but Seongyeon kept on observing his features.

 

“How about you?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Your name too,please?”

 

He stared at her momentarily, hesitant to tell his own name.

 

“Yoongi. Min Yoongi.”

 

Seongyeon’s eyes widened at the mention of Yoongi’s name. Yoongi? Was she dreaming? Was she trapped too deep into the book that she ended up meeting someone named Yoongi?

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

 

“N-nothing.” she answered shortly and looked down, trying to avoid his gaze.

 

She was deep in thought. It couldn’t be him. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

 

Or maybe it wasn’t.

 

---------

 

Ever since the blind date, Seongyeon exchanged numbers with him. They rarely called each other but they have met several times at her bar. Until one day, Yoongi decided to call her.

 

“Take me out? Where to?” Seongyeon had her phone in between her ear and her right shoulder as she was making herself a cup of coffee.

 

“Somewhere,” he replied short, as he always did.

 

“Well,okay? When are we going?”

 

“In an hour. At your workplace.”

 

“Okay. See you soon-”

 

“Wait!” Yoongi’s voice echoed from Seongyeon’s phone just a second before she could hang up the call.

 

“Wear pants,if possible.”

 

Seongyeon arrived at the bar 10 minutes before the clock struck 6pm and she waited in front of the entrance. She was quite nervous because she’s going on another date with him and he didn’t tell her where they were heading.

 

A few minutes later Seongyeon could hear the sound of a bike coming from her left side. She squinted her eyes to see who was the rider but to no avail. The rider was wearing a helmet.

 

“Wait a second. . a bike?”

 

Seongyeon blinked her eyes a few times, tilting her head a bit as she connected the pieces of information she had. Min Yoongi,a quiet person, barely have friends, and a bike?

 

She shook off the thought from her mind and watched as the guy rode his bike and stopped in front of her. He slided the cover of his helmet up, showing his eyes for her to recognize them. A small smile plastered on her face as she muttered a ‘hi’.

 

“Let’s go,” Yoongi said cooly and reached for Seongyeon’s arm, dragging her towards the passenger seat behind him. Seongyeon was surprised with the sudden touch coming from him and she couldn’t help but to blush at it. She managed to hide the blush with her hair before Yoongi took another helmet and carefully put it on her.

 

“Get on,” Yoongi commanded and smiled behind his mask. She obeyed and slowly got on the bike, her grip tightened around his leather jacket as she sat on the seat. Seongyeon then leaned forward, closing the gap between her and his back. Yoongi got the signal from her and gradually rode the bike to someplace only he knew.

 

Seongyeon had no idea where he was bringing her to but she loved how the road they were taking was rather peaceful. No cars,just pure nature around her. The bike moved smoothly along the road,up to the hill until Yoongi gradually slowed down the vehicle. He turned the vehicle towards his right and parked it at a flat area.

 

Seongyeon got off from the bike and took off her helmet while she walked ahead with her jaw dropped at the sight. The time was 6:30 pm and she wondered if Yoongi brought her there to witness the sun set.

 

Yoongi stood beside her and ed his hands into the pocket of his leather jacket, a proud smile forming on his face. “Do you like it?”

 

“I do,” Seongyeon answered, her eyes were fixed on the scenery she was seeing. From the top of the hill they could see the town where they came from, and green trees surrounded the outskirt of the town. It was breathtaking.

 

Yoongi took out a mat and laid it out on the ground, asking her to sit beside him.

 

“How are you today,Yoongi?”

 

“I’m alright. You?”

 

“Same,” the conversation stopped there as it was the most common thing to ask but they couldn’t let it took away their time so Seongyeon decided to initiate another conversation.

 

“Yoongi, I was wondering. . uhm, where did you come from?”

 

The latter stared into the distance and clicked his tongue before turning his gaze towards her, “I’m not sure too. I can’t remember anything except for my name.”

 

“Then, how did you know Heejin?”

 

“She helped me. She told me that I was laying on the road in the middle of the night. Thankfully she didn’t hit me.”

 

“Did you lose your memory?”

 

“Kinda,”

 

Seongyeon nodded her head slowly. She was still curious about him, she wanted to find out if he was Yoongi she knew from the book.

 

“Do you by any chance, knew someone named Mae-” Seongyeon started to cough when the wind blew past them, making the dust from the road flew along.

 

“Are you okay?” Yoongi asked in concern when she hadn’t stopped from her coughing. She was panting now, almost short of breath before she started to dig something from her sling bag, urgently.

 

“Let me take it for you,” Yoongi said when he noticed that she took longer to find the thing she was looking for. Yoongi put in his hand into the bag and took out everything he managed to grab, he was a bit panicked until he finally got what she needed the most.

 

He put a hand behind her neck and hovered the inhaler towards her lips, hoping it wasn’t too late for her to take her medicine. Seongyeon pressed the inhaler and a spray could be heard from it. She closed her eyes and exhaled in a slow pace. Yoongi on the other hand could only rub her back with his palm as she took another inhale.

 

“Are you okay now?” Seongyeon nodded at his question and looked at him. It was the first time she saw him smiling and she couldn’t help but to giggle at his action when he was panicked earlier.

 

“Thanks. I forgot to tell you that I have a terrible asthma.”

 

“I’m sorry for bringing you here. I should have asked.” Seongyeon shook her head at his apology and smiled. “It’s okay, but look!” Yoongi looked at where she was pointing and there it was, the sun was setting behind the hills and Yoongi finally sat back in his spot.

 

“Isn’t it beautiful?” she asked in awe.

 

“It definitely is.”

 

-----------

 

Seongyeon and Yoongi had gotten closer ever since their second date. Yoongi would ask her out during weekends and they had fun travelling on the road together. Seongyeon too had known that Yoongi was actually someone really sweet, although he looked cold on the outside. Just like a pineapple.

 

He talked a lot now too every time he spent his time with her. But she noticed something odd happening to him every time someone asked if he was her boyfriend. He looked rather panicked, as if fear was engulfing him. She knew the exact reason why he was feeling that way. The more she knew about him, the more she was certain that he was the Yoongi from the book she read.

 

Apparently she had gone back to the bookstore where she bought the book to confirm her doubt all this while.

 

Indeed, Yoongi was out of the book. The seller told her that, as long as he didn’t know where he came from, he would stay in her world longer. But since he had lost his memories, he wouldn’t be able to remember anything that happened to him.

 

And she silently hoped that it would stay that way. She loved him.

 

“Seongyeon,” a voice called out for her name as she was wiping the bar. She looked up to the person and stopped her work instantly.

 

“W-what are you doing here?” her voice shook as he got closer and grabbed on her wrist.

 

“Jaebum, what are you-” Seongyeon shrieked as he pulled her out from the bar and tightened his grip on her wrist when she struggled to let herself go.

 

“I saw you going out with another guy, who was he?!” Jaebum asked her in an angry tone and Seongyeon was disgusted with how he was acting.

 

“ You don’t have to know who he is, we are over!” Seongyeon jerked him and pulled her hand forcefully, finally getting out from his grip. Seongyeon didn’t expect Jaebum to appear in her life again. When Seongyeon found out how possessive he was, she decided to break up with him and it was definitely the right choice.

 

A slap came across her face and she whimpered at the sting. Her eyes were now filled with tears as she looked back at him. “What else do you want?! Just move on and find someone else!”

 

Jaebum was about to give her another hit before he fell on the ground from an unknown force that bashed him away. Seongyeon gasped and looked towards the person, and she couldn’t be more grateful to see Yoongi there.

 

“Get out from here, bastard.” Yoongi said coldly and gave the guy a few hit on the stomach before taking Seongyeon’s hand in his and pulled her away from the scene, leaving the guy alone.


 

“Are you okay?” Yoongi asked as his hand cupped her red cheek. Seongyeon started to burst into tears and leaned into his chest, her arms wrapped around his waist.

 

“I-I’m scared,” Seongyeon sobbed in fear but Yoongi’s touch had calmed her down.

 

“Don’t be,because I’m right here for you.” Seongyeon held in her sob when she heard the words coming out from his lips, she looked up at him and stared at him fondly.

 

“Will you?”

 

“Yes, I will.”

 

-------------------------------------

 

Seongyeon decided to resign from her job at the bar after the incident where Jaebum found her at her workplace. She knew he was a dangerous guy so she would better take a precaution step to stay away from him.

 

Yoongi was at her apartment on that day to fetch her for another date.

 

“Hey, I’ll go to the toilet first.” Seongyeon said and received a nod from Yoongi as he sat on the couch in her living room. Seongyeon quickly got into her room and headed straight to her desired destination.

 

Yoongi on the same time wandered his eyes around her apartment. It was clean from dust probably because she had asthma but her collection of books were arranged messily on the shelf. Yoongi didn’t know that she read that much of books so he decided to see what books she had been reading.

 

“Midnight Kiss,” Yoongi snorted at the title of the book and looked through the other books.

 

Until a book attracted his attention.

 

It was the book where he came from.

 

“Meeting point.”

 

Yoongi took out the book from the shelf and flipped through the pages,finding a page where there was a bookmark left on it.

 

“Maerin,” the girl looked up from the fire, turning her gaze towards the guy. It was a soft gaze, just the way he fell for it all over again.

 

“I have something to tell you,”

 

Yoongi’s brows knitted to each other as a frown form on his face. He was puzzled with whatever he was reading in the book and he began to massage his temple. The situation was too familiar to him.

 

“I can’t accept your love,Yoongi. I’m sorry.” Maerin looked at him with guilt, biting down on her lower lip gently.

 

“Yoongi!” Seongyeon exclaimed and quickly approached him, only to snatch the book away from him and hide it away from his sight. Yoongi turned to look at her and grabbed her by the shoulders, his stares piercing into her eyes as his curiosity grew in him.

 

“Seongyeon, tell me the truth. W-who am I really?” Seongyeon bit down on her lip and shook her head, refusing his request. “I am a character from the book aren’t I? Seongyeon-”

 

“No,”

 

“Tell me,”

 

“I said no! It wasn’t you!” Seongyeon burst and escaped herself from his grip. It was too late now. Once he knew about his true self he was going to disappear from her life, and now he did know. And that was the last thing she wished could ever happen to her.

 

They had spent a lot of time together and she couldn’t help but to fall in love with him each day. Everything about him had charmed her, and everything about her was adored by him. They were like a perfect match.

 

Except that she was a fact and he was a fiction. Sooner or later, he would find out who he really was.

 

And the day had finally come, and she didn’t expect the day to be this soon.

 

Yoongi chased after her and grabbed her wrist, stopping her from going further away from him.

 

“Don’t go,” Yoongi pulled her to his side. She was a crying mess by now but she couldn’t care less about her appearance. She was preparing herself for the worst.A pair of arms wrapped around her waist and she could feel his chin was rested on her shoulder.

 

“Yoongi,” she managed to speak out in between her sobs. “Please, do not forget me?”

 

“Don’t ever tell me to not forget you.” Yoongi spoke. It was the same quote that was displayed on the back cover of the novel, she realized.

 

“Because people telling me to not forget them means that they are going to leave me alone.” His words hit her hard. She was not leaving him, but it was him who had to go. It was part of the rules. Once the character knew where they came from, it’s time for them to vanish.

 

Vanish completely.

 

She could feel his arms around her slowly felt light. Seongyeon quickly turned her face to see Yoongi and shake her head when she saw that his well being was slowly fading away.

“No, no.” Seongyeon gripped on his arms tightly and he was unable to talk anymore at that state.

 

“Min Yoongi, no,” her tears streamed on her cheeks. “I love you,Yoongi. I love you. .”

 

But he couldn’t hear her.

 

The moment she uttered the three words, he was already gone.

 

Out of the book,

 

And out of her world.

 

 

Fin