Never Let You Go

SECRET CUPID

She is mine…
Only mine…
I see her in everything I do, when I breathe, when I wake up… she's on my mind.
I can't forget her…
And yet I was not meant to feel anything for her...
But I did…
And the terror on her face made it all the more beautiful...

 


 

 

It was late January, when he saw her the first time.
It was raining heavily he could see through the out windows of his car.

She was coming home from work, dressed in her usual office attire, an umbrella held over her head with one hand, her other gripping a briefcase.

Jang Hyun Mi was exhausted, her dark hair fell into her eyes, a tired expression crossed her delicate features and every now and then she'd glance at her watch and quicken her pace, her shoes splashing through puddles.

He followed her for a while. She was his target after all.

Name: Jang Hyun Mi
Age: 25
Occupation: Advertising and Marketing Director, Lee’Tec Enterprises
Family: Older brother, Jang Dong Woo (see files attached)
Method: Make her suffer...

And he would do his job efficiently and quickly. She was an easy target.

As he scanned through the files a smile played on his lips, on further research, he saw that Jang Dong Woo had a tendency to travel a lot.

This should be easy.

Once he found the right time… he'd move in.

He continued to watch her and smirked as she crossed the street, “We’ll meet soon Jang Hyun Mi” and he sank back into the leather of his seat.

“Go ahead Hoya…”

The male in the front at the wheel nodded, his black gloved hands resting on the plastic.

“Woohyun… can we really do this? She may not seem like it, but Jang Hyun Mi is a pretty powerful woman -”

“Hoya… if you wish to see another day, I'd advise you to shut your mouth, or -” He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a pistol, pressing it to his temple.

“this will get messier than it has to be.”

The male audibly gulped.

“Yes Sir, I'm sorry.”

Woohyun nodded, “Good”

He put the pistol back in his pocket.

“Let's head back.”

Hoya nodded and stepped on the gas.

 


 

”Dong Woo oppa?”

Hyun Mi kicked off her shoes and set them neatly in the front hall.

“Oppa?”

Making her way into the hall, she flicked on the lights as she went in, a piece of paper stuck to the phone confirmed Dong Woo had indeed gone out.

To my favorite sister,
I got called into work for an emergency, be back in the morning, dinner is in the fridge ;)
Love the best and only brother you have
Xox

Hyun Mi chuckled, then gave a soft sigh, setting her keys and briefcase down.

Another night alone. It was okay, she was used to it.

She made her way into the kitchen, turning on the kettle for something hot to drink. As she waited, she went through her post and sat down in her chair.

She saw nothing of importance and set them down at the side, before she grabbed a cup for some hot tea.

Her gaze travelled to the kitchen window. It was always so silent without Dong Woo’s constant energy.

She smiled gently, her brother meant the world to her. Without him, Hyun Mi doubted she would have the strength she had today.

 


 

Woohyun sat in a dimly lit office, his eyes were trained on the file in front of him.

Jang Hyun Mi…
Exactly what did you do to end up on my hit list?

He smirked and leaned back in his chair.

What way would you like to go?
Memorably? Quietly? Hm?

A knock on his door made him look up.
“What is it?”

“Woohyun ah?”

He immediately became rigid and respectful as the one who had spoken entered the room.
“Sunggyu -”

“Well?”

“I -”

“How is it going? Have you thought of a method?”

Woohyun swallowed, his hands sweating with nervousness.
“Not yet sir, but I will. Very soon Sunggyu.”

The male with the small eyes nodded in approval, “Good. See you don't take long Woohyun… We know what will come of you if you disappoint me.”

“I know.”

He didn't fancy bleeding to death while Sunggyu watched with that sadistic smirk of his.

He'd find the best method he possibly could.

 


 

It was close to midnight.
The rain hadn't let up any. It was if the weather was a foreshadowing of what was to come. Or maybe it was just because Hyun Mi had a habit of finding deep meaning in a peanut.

Despite that, she felt… uneasy, though she couldn't explain why. Was it just a figment of her imagination? Or was she really experiencing a sense that she may not live to see her next birthday?

She shook her head and shuddered, before standing up from the sofa, wrapping her bathrobe around her and making her way into her bedroom.

Her phone rang and before she could question it, she'd answered, worried that it was an emergency.
Had something happened to Dongwoo?

“H - hello?”

“...”

“Hello?” She said, firmer this time.

“...”

“Look, if this is some sort of prank, I'd appreciate if you didn't waste my -”

“Jang Hyun Mi… We’ll meet each other soon.”

“Wait!”

The phone went dead.

What on earth was that?!

She hasn't even realised she was shaking uncontrollably, crouched down on the floor, arms wrapped around herself, soft sobs escaping her.

So… she wasn't wrong then… Someone was after her, it wasn't her being overly sentimental. The constant rainfall was a foreshadowing.

And Jang Hyun Mi was afraid.

Somehow, she managed to curl up on her bed, and after some time, she drifted off into a restless sleep.

 

 

 

Woohyun laid awake, his mind a constant stream of thoughts. How would he deal with Jang Hyun Mi? How severe should the method be (She needed to die. But how would he kill her in a way that satisfied him and pleased his boss?)

That's when it came to him.

He would… take care of her. Keep her here, and day by day, break her little by little until she caved altogether, then, he could kill her quickly.

It was so perfect, Woohyun found himself chuckling.

Jang Hyun Mi, just wait… we'll become well acquainted soon…

 


 

The next morning Hyun Mi awoke with a heavy fear in her heart as she recalled the phone call.
Whoever they were… they had their motive and it wasn't a nice one.

Should she tell Dong Woo? Should she keep quiet and figure it out on her own?

Hyun Mi wasn't entirely sure what option was the best one, which was kind of ironic going by the fact Jang Hyun Mi always knew what to say.

But this time…

She wasn't so sure.

 


 

Woohyun sighed, and stretched his arms, he had a job to do, and he would do it effectively.

This would be enjoyable…

He already knew Jang Hyun Mi’s schedule, he'd watched her constantly. He knew her every move and she wouldn't get away.

He smirked.

Poor Jang Hyun Mi… you have no idea what's coming to you. And won't it be beautiful to see your terror stricken face? I need to see it… I'm greedy for it…

He would do what he did best. Make the victim suffer slowly, then finish them off… just like that.

He his lips and made his way to the bathroom to wash his face.

 


 

The day passed slowly, all Hyun Mi could focus on was the eery, yet honey sweet voice that had called her.

Who was he?

She'd asked one of her co workers on the DL to track the caller, making an excuse that she had something to give him and had no idea of the location she needed to go to.

He came up empty, which made her even more paranoid.

She had no leads.

Then again, the positive side of her brain told her over and over, it was just a prank, the person had nothing better to do.

But he was so… meticulous about it…

She ran her fingers through her hair.

 

 

As the evening drew to a close, Hyun Mi had found herself working over time in her office, she was alone aside from the new intern who was mostly quiet and kept to himself, Myungsoo she thought his name was.

He seemed to hover near her desk as if to ask her something but never opened his mouth.

It unnerved her a little.

“Myungsoo - sii, you can head home first, I'll lock up here.” She said trying to keep her voice even.

Myungsoo intensely stared at her, making her feel cornered.

“I - is there something on your mind?”

He shook his head, “No.”

“O - okay, then head home first.”

She cleared and turned back to her computer.

Until she felt a hand over , she screamed, but it was muffled.

“Shut up. Come with me. Quietly.”

Hyun Mi struggled, trying to get out of his hold, but it just became stronger, and she whimpered, feeling her forearms start to bruise.

“If you come quietly… I don't have to do anymore than this… but struggle… and you might find yourself in a situation, you don't want to find yourself in.” His voice was cold.

She whimpered, but stopped struggling.

“Good.”

He pulled her outside through the back, a black car pulled up beside them, and Hyun Mi found herself being pushed roughly into the back seat, a blindfold was put over her eyes, taped shut.

“Gotcha…” a voice said in her ear, making her shiver, as his breath tickled her neck.

The voice on the phone.

“This was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.”

His voice was so… honey sweet and that unsettled her all the more.

“Good job Myungsoo.” The same honey like voice praised the intern.

“Yeah.” he simply shrugged and made his way back inside, intent on disposing of Hyun Mi’s things.

Pity… she was well liked in the workplace.

He smirked and halted his steps.
“Do a good job Woohyun.”

 

 

At some point during the drive to wherever it was she was going. Hyun Mi had passed out.

She was terrified, panicked…

This couldn't happen.

Once they had arrived at the warehouse, Sunggyu had conveniently set up for this exact ‘job’ Woohyun gave a sigh of annoyance, noticing the limp woman.

“Hoya… carry her inside.”

The driver nodded, bowing and picking Hyun Mi up into his arms, carrying her inside.

“The room is prepared, hyung.” Lee Sungjong, the youngest in their little family greeted when they stepped inside.

“You did everything I asked?” Woohyun said flatly.

Sungjong nodded.
“Yes.”

He smirked, perfect.

“Good. Go ahead first, Hoya, I'll be right there.”

Hoya bowed again and made his way to the room at the furthest end of the hall.

He lay the woman on the dirty mattress near the wall, pulling the blindfold off and un - taping .

He sighed. This wasn't the life he wanted, but he had no choice, he was their chauffeur, sworn to secrecy, his life held in the balance.

He stepped away from the bed and grabbed some rope, tying the woman’s hands together and her feet too.

She had no chance of escaping here. The targets never did, but tying them up was a precaution.

They'd never had a woman on their hit list before.

He his lips, cast one last sad look at the woman, before he left, locking the door behind him.

 

 

Hyun Mi groaned and her eyes fluttered open. The first thing she noted… she was bound. She couldn't move her hands or her feet.

She saw a grey ceiling that seemed to be leaking, something pressed painfully into her back and her anxiety was through the roof.

She gasped and tried to struggle but only succeeded in tightening her binds.

She let out a choked sob, feeling tears pouring down her cheeks.

Where was she?

Why was she here?

This had to be a nightmare.

But she felt everything; her heart pounding in her chest, her head spinning dizzily, the binds cutting into her wrists and ankles.

She tried to shift herself off the mattress she was lying on, but only succeeded in falling hard on the floor with a cry of pain.

She froze and backed up against the wall when she heard a key turn and the door open.

A male stepped into the room and shut the door behind him.

“I love when a target looks this terrified…” he smirked and approached her slowly.

When he spoke Hyun Mi instantly recognised him as the owner of the smooth as honey voice.

Hyun Mi backed herself up closer to the wall.
“W - who, w - who are you?”

Woohyun sighed, “My name is none of your business, Miss Jang Hyun Mi…”

He gripped her shirt.
“I wouldn't ask too many questions if I were you…”

His eyes held nothing but coldness in their depths, his mannerisms were rough as he pulled her by the collar of her shirt and sat her on the mattress.

“Ah… I've been waiting to see you in person Miss Hyun Mi.” he cupped her cheek roughly, “I must admit you look cute. I wonder what you'll be like when you're dead…”

“W - what do you want from me?” She whispered.

“What I want Miss. Hyun Mi… is your life… it's been rather tedious trying to get to you, and today, was the perfect opportunity, when I realised it was only you and Myungsoo there… alone… it was so easy, I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it sooner.” He gave a disgusting smirk.

“I know everything about you Hyun Mi… it's a pity your brother never got to say goodbye to you.”

Hyun Mi froze.
“W - what did you do to my b - brother?”

Woohyun gave an exaggerated sigh, “We didn't do anything to him Miss Hyun Mi, he's not our target… you are. And if you do as I say, and stop asking questions, this'll be easy, and quick.”

Hyun Mi stared, taking in his appearance. Broad shoulders, quite short for a male, plump lips, and cold dark eyes, that may have been happy and full of life once.

“W - what do I have to do?”

“See, there you go, asking too many questions again…” he clicked his tongue and pushed her down on the bed.

“Have you ever… had someone this close to you before?” He straddled her, hands resting on either side of her, making Hyun Mi curl up in a ball.

“I take it you haven't then?”

This is what Nam Woohyun did best, threaten and break a target, it meant it was easier to kill them since they'd already be begging for it.

A mercy of sorts…

He leaned closer to her, Hyun Mi could feel his breath on her face.

“Tell me… are you a Miss Hyun Mi?” he smirked.

Hyun Mi whimpered and pushed him away.
“D - don't -”

Woohyun pouted, “Aww… it was just a simple question. You're no fun…”

Her breathing was fast and her expression was terrified.

It was so… beautiful

He grabbed her shoulders and held her against the wall while his tongue trailed over the shell of her ear.

“N - no! S - stop it!”

Woohyun smirked and continued to her ear, before biting it gently.

Hyun Mi tried to push against him, but was only grabbed roughly and slammed against the wall seeing stars.

“Stay still!”

He began kissing down her neck before pulling back.
“Now that you’re here… you're mine… I own you… until the moment you take your last breath. Got it?”

Hyun Mi was crying now. She felt… disgusting.
The male’s hands were tight on her shoulders.
“But if you comply… it'll be easier for you.

She whimpered, and looked away.

What other choice did she have?

“Good…” the male ran his fingers through her hair, his eyes never leaving hers.

“That's very good. You've made me happy Miss Hyun Mi.”

He got off her and stood up, “Are you hungry? Thirsty? I wouldn't want you to die early on me.” he pouted.

Hyun Mi looked away, saying nothing.

“Answer me.” he said coldly.

“No… I'm not hungry”
Was the weak reply.

Woohyun shrugged,
“Well then, don't say I didn't offer.”

He turned away from his captive and made his way out the door.

“Rest… We have a lot of acquainting to do tomorrow.” He smirked and locked the door.

Once he made his way into the dimly lit hallway, his smirk fell.

This woman…

What had she done?

His shoes made soft footsteps as he made his way to the kitchen for some beer, seeing it was oddly deserted.

Whatever… they probably had another call

At least he could sit down and think for a moment.

He grabbed a can of beer from the fridge and began to drink it.

Woohyun didn't approve of getting women involved in this. He knew he needed to kill her, but deep inside, something shifted, though he wasn't sure what it was.

He brushed it off in frustration.

In this world you were not allowed to feel…

 

 

Hyun Mi cowered against the wall, her hands had fallen asleep from the rope and she

couldn't move.

Her body kept protesting painfully, tears poured down her cheeks and all she could think of was all the things she wanted to do, her big plans and hopes for the future… they were all meaningless now.

She felt her breathing grow rapid, and felt sweat sliding down her forehead.

Her body felt too warm and she couldn't even open to cry out for someone to save her.

After a short time, she'd passed out.

 

 

 

When Woohyun came back, he had some water and rice, despite the woman saying she didn't want anything. He didn't even know what possessed him to even think of her… but here he was.

When he unlocked the door and pushed it open, he stopped and frowned, setting the food aside once he acknowledged the woman on the floor.

He went to shake her and felt the heat radiating from her skin.

Well this was just inconvenient.

He gave a sigh of frustration and lifted the petite woman onto the mattress, taking a small knife from a pouch hanging at his waist and cutting the binds on her hands and ankles.

“Ugh… you just made things more bothersome. Why get a fever now?” he complained.

He made his way over to the small cupboard like bathroom, and grabbed a rag wetting it and making his way over to Hyun Mi’s side, placing the cloth on her forehead.

“The only reason I'm helping you Miss Hyun Mi, is because, I'm meant to kill you, and until I do, you can't die first.” He finished, wiping her down.

He paused, his hand stilling for a moment, as he felt that strange feeling in his chest again.

What the hell…?

He didn't want to stick around if his hostage was making him feel strange.

He shifted her and left the cloth in her forehead after rinsing it out again.

“Who are you Jang Hyun Mi?”

He pushed himself up, glancing once more at the woman before leaving her be.

 

 

 

He stood outside her door for a few minutes, and swore, turning around and unlocking the door.

“I'm only tending to you this once because, you're bothering me.” he hissed and began to tend to the woman.

He pressed a hand to her cheeks and forehead and mumbled a swear again, before trying to bring down her fever.

“You only just got here… why the hell do you keep drawing me back?!”

The woman groaned at his loud voice and her eyes fluttered open slowly, Woohyun pulling back from her quickly and staring her down with a cold glare.

“You've… come back to your senses?” he kept his tone cold and detached as he saw the sick woman strain to sit up.

“Lay back down damn it!” he growled and lay her flat. I'll get you a blanket, may as well keep you comfortable for your last few days.” he mumbled and reached into a closet pulling out a blanket and putting it over her.

“You… are a pain…”

He turned away to leave, only for Hyun Mi, unaware in her feverish state, to grab his sleeve.

“What the -”

“Please…” She pleaded weakly, “Don't… don't leave me here alone…”

Shut up! Don't you know I'm the last person you want around you… in a few days, I have to kill you, you stupid girl!

He froze, back to her, pulling his arm from her weak grip.

And leaving the room.

 

 

 

Outside Woohyun leaned against the door, hand to his chest, his heart was beating fast and he didn't know why…

What's wrong with me?!

He slapped his cheeks and walked away, towards his room, but Hyun Mi, and her pleas - whether meant or not- for him to stay, had him confused.

He grew so frustrated, he made his way to the basement, grabbing his gun from the back of his jeans and proceeded to shoot the target in front of him.

Just bang stop bang feeling bang.

“Woohyun?” his head snapped up when he heard a voice and turned to see one of the taller members studying him with a strange expression.

“Cool it… you're losing it…”

“ off Sungyeol! I'm not in the mood!”

The tall male Sungyeol scoffed.
“Clearly. What the hell is wrong with you?” he demanded, taking the gun from the shorter.

“You need to keep in control, remember what happened last time…”

Sungyeol’s tone was firm and he continued to study the male, gun held above him.

Woohyun remembered… he remembered perfectly…

Myungsoo… Kim Myungsoo… they called him L

L had been like their brother, had stood by them no matter what.

He almost killed him.

While Myungsoo acted as though it was behind him, Woohyun knew better.

That's why he worked outside and not on the inside with the rest of them.

“I'm not playing around Myungsoo!” Woohyun yelled, grabbing him by the shirt.

Myungsoo didn't even bother to fight him, “It's not our fault she died hyung.” He said softly, his eyes still on him.

“SHUT UP!” He'd snapped, slamming him against the wall, pulling a gun on him.

The others aside from Sunggyu, tried to stop him, but he was too far gone.

Myungsoo grabbed him, to hug him…

And the shot went off…

Woohyun snapped back into the present, gripping his hair.

He'd almost killed his friend and brother… all over a girl he had been close with, she died in tragic circumstances. Maybe that's why Woohyun changed.

“ you for reminding me…” He spat.

Sungyeol sighed, “You only get like this when your feelings are a mess and I bet it's because of her… Jang Hyun Mi…”

Woohyun saw red and pinned Sungyeol to the wall.

“Shut up… don't say another word!” he growled.

Sungyeol didn't seemed phased in the slightest, he got out of the grip and twisted Woohyun’s hand behind his back.

“Focus… you can't feel anything for your target Woohyun… you know what that'll mean for you.”

“I feel nothing for her! She's only got here… she's my target, that's all!”

“You've been watching her since last year… Why else would you have taken this long to -”

Crack.

Woohyun punched the taller square in the nose, Sungyeol stumbling back, blood pouring down his face.

“Leave it to me Woohyun!” he wiped the blood with the back of his hand, “Let me take care of it, you can't -”

Woohyun felt that weird shift in his chest.

Damn it… what the hell was going on?!

“She's my target, Sungyeol… I’ll see to it.”

He shook his head,
“I hope you know what you're doing.”

He turned away without looking back, tossing Woohyun’s gun behind him.

 

 

 

Once Sungyeol had left, Woohyun brought his fist down on the wall.

His head was a mess. He didn't know what was happening.

Even his own self was confusing.

He ran a hand through his hair and studied the gun lying on the floor.

Could he really finish her off?

He his lips.

Yes he could.

He had to…

 

 

 

A few days passed.

Hyun Mi hadn't eaten any of the food that was brought to her.

She'd grown skinnier and weaker, and it had Woohyun on edge.

He wanted to break her… but this was too easy.

After finding another full tray of untouched food outside her door he had it.

He slammed the door open.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” he demanded.

Hyun Mi flinched and pressed her back against the wall.

Woohyun stomped towards her and grabbed her shoulders roughly.

“What the hell are you trying to do?! Why are you trying to kill yourself before it's time yet!” he exploded, slamming her against the wall, the woman crying out before coughing and falling into his arms her body so weak it couldn't hold her up.

He was in shock.

“W - what are you doing?!”

Hyun Mi breathed heavily, her small hands fisted in his shirt.

Woohyun was ready to push her away. But for some strange reason, he couldn't… he couldn't do it…

“Please… just kill me now…” she whispered. “I can't take this anymore… please just… kill me.”

His heart beat fast when she said those words.

Why was she giving up already?

“Are you stupid?” his eyes widened when the words slipped out.

“W...what?” Hyun Mi looked up at him, not letting go and the strangest thing… Woohyun didn't push her away either.

“You should be begging me to let you live… the least you could do is try…”

He was trying to make it sound like he didn't care… but… he did as much as he tried to deny it.

After a few minutes he took out his knife pushing her back,

let's see if she truly means it.

He held the knife to her neck.

“I know just where to cut…” he was trying to sound threatening but his voice shook a little.

Hyun Mi sighed and closed her eyes.

What the…

She was literally giving up?

She really wanted to die…

Wait, why was he so worried?

This was what he aimed for… he broke her… in a little over a week… he could end it quickly.

But his hand was frozen… he couldn't do it.

His heart felt strange.

He pushed back quickly, pocketing his knife and hurrying out of the room, slamming the door and locking it.

What was happening?

I can't feel compassion. I don't have compassion! Why is she doing this to me?!

He hurried down the corridor, not caring about s questioning him.

He needed a minute.

 

 

 

Sunggyu had seen enough.
Despite Woohyun constantly saying he'd take her out soon, she was still alive. She was still breathing and that irked him.

He watched as the male strode past him, hands in his pockets, eyes trained on the floor.

It was only too obvious that he was having a mental fight with himself.

He followed him and grabbed his arm, pushing him against the wall.

“S - Sunggyu -”

“What's the meaning of this Nam?! She was supposed to be finished off days ago… I warned you Woohyun… if you fail this… you're only worth being buried…” He held him there, his small eyes cruel.

“You will finish her off no later than tomorrow or I will pride myself in making you pay for it…”

Woohyun grit his teeth, Sunggyu tossing him aside before turning away from him.

“If you value your life… you'll do what you're meant to do…”

Woohyun was left with his thoughts.

Exactly what was it that kept him from acting?

What was it about her that made his thoughts a jumbled mess?

He couldn't explain the feeling… he hated this feeling...

He sank down against the wall, closing his eyes and leaning his head against it.

 


 

The time came. He'd avoided the woman, only checking on her when he knew she was sleeping.
Maybe it was stupid, maybe he was pathetic.

But he couldn't look at her… knowing she would be dead tomorrow.

His mind told him one thing and his heart was putting up a pretty good fight.

And he hated it!

He stepped into the room, knife held at his side.
His footsteps echoed on the floor, and he acknowledged her, just sitting on the mattress, blanket around her shoulders, eyes trained outside the window.

She didn't even turn to look at him.

He cleared his throat.

“You've come then?” She whispered, her position never changed, she looked so small and fragile for a moment, a fleeting thought of holding her crossed Woohyun’s mind and it shocked him.

Why would he need to hold her? She was nothing to him, nothing.

And yet…

He strode towards her pushing her against the wall, the blanket falling from her shoulders.

And when she noted the blade in his hand… she smiled…

She actually smiled…

What?

Woohyun was momentarily shocked, he didn't know how to react to this.

“You're finally going to do it… Thank you…” She said softly.

Woohyun felt anger flare through him and pressed the knife to her neck.

But his hand was shaking uncontrollably. Something was stopping him from delivering the final action of this ‘mission’

He couldn't do it…

He couldn't kill her…

He just held the knife there.

“Why?” he whispered.

“Why aren't you fighting back?”

For the first time in a while… Woohyun’s voice trembled, his heart shook, and he felt something he hadn't felt since…

“Why the hell are you doing this to me?!”

He didn't know what possessed him to, but he gave into a year of denial. A year of pretending he had it all under control.

He dropped the knife.

Before he could stop himself, his lips were on hers… he kissed her roughly, pushing her back onto the mattress, holding her there, deepening the kiss.

To his shock, she didn't resist.

She just let him do what he wanted…

He pulled back, slightly out of breath.

He felt… different.

He knew she was the reason for everything he'd been feeling. He wanted to hate her… but he couldn't… he couldn't hate her.

He pushed back in shock, and left the room, slamming the door shut and leaning his back against it.

What did I just do?

What even was that?!

What the hell are you thinking Nam Woohyun?!

He pushed himself away from the door.

He couldn't do it… he couldn't kill her…

He also knew… he was as good as dead now…

 

 

 

Sunggyu knew immediately by his expression…
He'd failed. Again.

Just like before…

Just like that one time…

He had to make it look like an accident.

Now it seemed like he'd have to do it again.

His grip tightened on the gun he was holding.

Nam Woohyun. Once again. He'd given into his emotions. And that wasn't good enough.

 

 

 

Hyun Mi sat in shock, her hand going to her lips.
What she had experienced… she couldn't understand but the confirmation in her heart made it clear.

Through the days she'd been kept here, even though he was cold and seemingly heartless, she'd found herself… drawn to him. Even when he was rough with her. When he cut her down with harsh words. It made her heart beat fast…

Telling him she wanted to die… knowing he could not do it…

She felt… strange…

A strange want…

She wanted him.

All of him.

And she couldn't understand why.

She buried her face in her hands, as thought after thought crossed her mind.

The kiss…

She wanted more.

She craved his touch.

And still… she didn't know his name...

 

 

 

Woohyun had made himself go to the roof.

He knew he was dead… unless he could somehow fake it…

Find a way to get her out…

What the hell am I thinking?! Have I lost my mind?! Maybe I have… I don't know why… but I can't let her go… I need to hold onto her… but why?! WHY AM I FEELING -

Woohyun felt the air get knocked out of him as a strong hand gripped his throat.

“I gave you one simple task… one and as I knew, you'd give into your damn heart again!”

He choked for air as the grip on his throat tightened.

Sunggyu.

Sunggyu already knew he couldn't do it…

The leader threw him to the floor, and proceeded to land punch after punch to the male’s face.

And through it… Woohyun wasn't bothering to fight back.

It was as though his limbs had been frozen in place.

He just let him beat him, even when blood hid his usual handsome face, even when he was choking and on the brink of unconsciousness… he didn't fight back.

He… couldn't.

It took time before Sunggyu was satisfied, and he turned away, leaving the supposedly unconscious male lying bleeding on the rooftop.

He would see to it that Hyun Mi was disposed of…

 

 

 

Woohyun struggled to stand, blood blinding his vision. Even simple steps were agony for him, but he couldn't let him touch her.

She was his target.

He grabbed his blade from his pouch, and without knowing what possessed him to… stabbed it into his neck.

The leader crumpled like paper.

Woohyun didn't have much time before the other members found the mess he made and made him pay for it.

But he needed to get to Hyun Mi… he didn't know how… but he had to… somehow.

He used every remaining bit of strength he had, to force himself to run to her room.

Grabbing the key and slamming the door shut, locking it from the inside.

It would take time for the lock to be broken. If he was lucky that was…

 

 

 

At the appearance of her abductor. Hyun Mi shot to her feet.

She hurried and caught him before he hit the floor.

“W - what happened?” her voice was weak, barely above a whisper.

“I… I couldn't do it damn it! I couldn't k... kill you…” he choked out.

“W --what?”

Woohyun’s breathing became heavy, more forced.

“A… a year ago…” he coughed. “I saw you a year ago… and I… knew then… I had to… take your life like I was… meant to… but… I couldn't do it… I couldn't do it Miss Hyun Mi… I… I don't know why… but… the idea of you… dead…” he wheezed, his eyes closing.

“I didn't want it to happen… a… again. I… don't want this life a… anymore… I can't...”

Hyun Mi was confused.

“What are you trying to say?!”

“I… I LOVE YOU… AND I DON'T… KNOW WHY! IT'S FRUSTRATING”

He… loved her?

How could he?

He didn't even know her…

How could he?

Woohyun said one word… or more specifically a name before he lost consciousness.

“W… Woohyun…”

This was over her head. She didn't know how or why, even after being held here against her will, even know this… confession?

How could they have?

Love…

It shouldn't have existed here… but it did…

Somehow… without her knowledge…

“W - Woohyun?”

His name…

She shifted her position and lay the male gently on the floor before hurrying into the bathroom.

She'd seen a first aid kit somewhere…

She found it easily enough and rushed back to him, falling down beside him in wide eyed shock…

Noting that he wasn't breathing…

“No… Woohyun… Woohyun ssi? Woohyun ssi?” she shook him, as if that would help.

It didn't of course.

She brushed her long hair behind her ear, unbeknownst to herself she was crying… shedding tears for this person and she didn't understand how…

She pressed her lips to his, and proceeded to do CPR.

“Woohyun ssi - please…”

He took time, but she managed to bring him back, for how long she didn't know.

With careful hands, she brushed his hair back from his face and made to tend to his wounds, wiping him down carefully, tenderly.

She didn't know what else to do, she took off her jacket and made a pillow, putting it under his head and just sat looking at him.

 

 

 

Only mere minutes passed before there came pounding on the door, the sounds of boots kicking the wood, the endless stream of profanities from the members.

They had been betrayed.

And they were out to make him pay.

Through the cacophony of sound, Woohyun’s eyes fluttered open.

His body was in agony, even a simple action like breathing felt like he was dying.

“W - Woohyun -”

His heavy lidded eyes trailed to her.

She was here…

Why was she…

Crying over him?

“M - Miss Hyun Mi -” his eyes were filled with worry as he acknowledged her appearance, her eyes were swollen and red.

“W - Why? Why are you crying over me?”

“I… I don't know -” she choked out.

The banging became more forceful, making Woohyun shoot up, his head spinning, vision whitening.

“Hyun Mi - Hyun Mi… you need to get out… you need to leave…”

He struggled to reach for something in his pocket.

“W… window key… take it and get the hell out of here!”

“W - what?!”

“Get out! If you stay here they'll kill you too… I… I didn't spare you… so you could die… by someone else's… h… hands.” his consciousness was fading again.

“I can't… I can't go without you… whatever you've done… they'll kill you!”

“I… I deserve to d… die anyway…”

Hyun Mi felt pain shoot through her chest.
“No… no you don't…”

Woohyun strained to keep his eyes open to look at her, not hiding his shock.

“W- what?”

“You don't… deserve it…”

She moved to him, trying everything she could to force him up, letting his whole weight rest on her.

“Y… you're coming with me?”

“Are you… insane?” Woohyun growled, trying to push the woman away.

“I've… already… given you a chance… to run… to leave… Go damn it! You're not getting caught up… in the life of… a killer!”

“No!”

CRACK

The wood was splintering.

She didn't have much time.

“I… swear I'll push you out… m...myself…”

He was crying…

He… Nam Woohyun… the man who chose to never feel… was shedding tears. Over her…

“I won't let… history r...repeat itself.”

“W - what do you -”

She was cut off by his lips on hers once more. Desperate, hungry.

“I'm begging you Jang Hyun Mi… you need to leave… you have to…”

She dragged him to his feet.

“We both go, or we both stay here… your choice Woohyun…”

The way she said his name… made his heart flutter… the same feeling he had a year before…

How… how did he fall in love with someone he couldn't?

He knew she wouldn't change her mind and followed her to the window.

She pushed it open after unlocking it and climbed over the sill. Woohyun following painfully slowly, before the wood splintered.

“STOP THEM!”

Woohyun closed his eyes, and held onto her…

Then they jumped...

 

 

 

The world was white… a icy white…

Had they… died?

Hyun Mi’s eyes focused and she gasped.

The entire area was covered in a blanket of snow.

It had managed to cushion their fall?

Woohyun!

Her eyes searched desperately for him and she saw him.

Laying there… lifeless…

No…

No…

Please…

“WOOHYUN AH!” She screamed and proceeded to shake him with all her strength.

“WOOHYUN AH!!!”

He was still… his body was so cold…

“WOOHYUN AH PLEASE!!!”

Nothing…

Oh God…

Please…

She positioned herself over him, kissing his lips… they were… still warm.

She couldn't lose him… over the week… over one week, her heart had been confused, had been shaken and when she finally got to grips with her confusion… it was too late.

“You can't go like this!”

She was about to give up her desperate attempts. Thinking it was too late… until she felt lips on hers… gentle… sweet…

Woohyun’s hands trailed down her waist. As he deepened the kiss.

“H - Hyun Mi yah…” he said gently, pulling away, his eyes were warm… kind… this was who he truly was…

“I - I'm sorry… for what I've put you through for -”

He was cut off by her arms around his neck, as she held him, sobbing into his neck.

“Hyun Mi yah?”

“I… I thought you died… I thought -”

He felt his heart warm and wrapped his arms around her.

“I'm sorry… I'm so sorry…” he buried his face in her hair, his tears falling once again.

He never wanted that life… he may have played it off that he did… that he had it all in control… but… he hadn't…. He never had…

The only reason he accepted the ‘task’ was with the hope of protecting her… somehow…

“Woohyun ah…” She sobbed.

He held her tighter.

“I'm sorry…”

“Don't…”

“But…”

She silenced him with a soft kiss.

 

 

 

Months had passed…
He spent every moment by her side. The rest of s it wouldn’t be long… Before they killed him for what he’d done...

He'd escaped the world he hated… but… how long would it be, until they tracked him down?

Until then he’d have to prepare himself, for her sake. To keep her safe...

He'd ignored his heart too long, and when it came down to it… he'd only been lying to himself.

They lay side by side, hands entwined, her head resting on his shoulder.

“Hyun Mi yah…” He whispered softly.

“For all the mistakes I've ever made… I'm going to fix them… for the pain I put you through all those days -”

She silenced him.

“I already know… but now… it doesn't matter to me… just… love me… like this… For as long as we can stay like this…”

 

 

 



Dear Melody, 

Baby child have a gift... I'm sorry I'm out of practise

Love,
Chika