Where there's force, there's selfishness

White ravens & Black Doves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'The happiness we feel when we're together will always overcome the dark feelings in our heart. No matter where you are just think of me and smile, and i'll do the same. Even when I become part of the past, those feelings won't disappear; They'll forever glow like the light of the stars and the sun.'

"Namjoon? Are you in here?" a voice echoed through out the library, catching Namjoon's attention,

Namjoon sat in his usual seat next to the big window that gave him a nice view of the horizon, a book he had just finished reading opened up on his lap. "Jimin? What is it you want?" he asked as the petite man walked towards him. Jimin smiled "I've been looking for you. I wanted to know if there was anything you needed?" Jimin asked. Namjoon raised an eyebrow,  confused by the man sudden act of kindness. "Um...No, Thank you." Namjoon answered. Jimin nodded and offered him a smile. Namjoon had expected him to leave after he got his answer but when his younger cousin stood in the same spot without making a sound, it made Namjoon feel slightly awkward. what did he want? "Jimin? Do you need something?" Namjoon asked. 

Jimin shook his head "Ah, no. I'm just enjoying the view." he replied while pointing to the window Namjoon was currently leaning his back against. Namjoon gave him a confused smile and nodded. Namjoon distracted himself from the awkwardness by standing up and making his way towards the bookshelf, putting the book he had just finished reading back in its rightful spot. Namjoon jumped in surprise when he turned around and found that Jimin had followed him. "Are you sure you don't need anything?" Namjoon asked. Jimin let out a sheepish laugh "Sorry, It's pretty awkward isn't it? It's been so long since we've spent time together so I'm not really sure what to say to you." Jimin revealed truthfully. Namjoon stared at him, nodding with a smile "Yeah, I guess so." Namjoon replied. "How have you been?" he asked.

Jimin bit his lip "I've been good. Who about you? the last time i saw you was at your mother's....Ah, sorry." Jimin said cutting himself off. Namjoon swallowed, holding back his bitter expression. "It's fine." He mumbled. Jimin laughed awkwardly, stepping aside as Namjoon walked back to his usual space. Namjoon looked at Jimin, His youthful face glowing a warm orange from the sunlight of the sunset. It would be a lie if he said he wasn't surprised to see how much his dear cousin had changed since he last saw him. His baby face matured into that of a handsome man's and his skinny body gaining muscle over the years. He turned to look out the window his gaze lingering on the entrance of the garden 

"Jimin? who was that boy you brought with you?" Namjoon asked. Jimin snapped out of his relaxed demeanor and immediately tensed up at the mention of Jungkook. He flinched when Namjoon's cold gaze was directed towards him. "He's my friend, I told you that already." Jimin replied, trying his best to control his voice. "Yes, I know that, but where is he from?" Namjoon pressed. "He...He's from the Jeon family. They're not really well known, and their clan is really small. Jungkook's parents passed away when he was child so my family took him in." Jimin answered. Namjoon raised an eyebrow.

"Jeon family," He repeated. "I've never heard of them." he said.

 

"Like i said, they're not really well known." Jimin repeated.

 

 Namjoon stared at his cousin, unsure of whether he should believe him or not. "Okay then." He said. Jimin felt himself relax, his heart still hammering against his chest.

"I was thinking about having dinner together, so make sure you're in the dining room by 8 okay?" Namjoon asked. Jimin frowned "No, I don't want to burden you. You can just bring our dinner to our room. I-"

"Jimin, I much prefer if we ate together. To catch up and all." Namjoon interrupted. Jimin felt uncomfortable under Namjoon's gaze. Too nervous to reject his offer, Jimin agreed to dinner together. After Namjoon exited the library, Jimin ran towards his room that he shared with Jungkook, his chest filled with dread.

 

 

 

"Namjoon, what are you doing here?" Hoseok asked surprised as he stood outside the room of his current student.

"I came to see his progress." Namjoon said. Hoseok nodded and opened the door. In the room, in front of a cup with freshly poured blood, on a couch sat a thin pale man. He was dressed in a black pants, black shoes and a loose white shirt. He looked over at Namjoon with a blank face, his sharp eyes most likely intimidating anyone but Namjoon. "Namjoon." He said slowly. "Min Yoongi. You sure look different." Namjoon joked. Yoongi frowned "Yeah, after being tortured by that guy right there." He grumbled. Hoseok released an offended breath.

"I was training you, not torturing." Hoseok argued. Yoongi rolled his eyes "Whatever helps you sleep at night." He replied. Hoseok frowned "This guy has a really bad attitude Namjoon, I don't think I can spend the rest of eternity with him." Hoseok whined. "Don't worry you won't, when I die of old age you can live freely without me." Yoongi said. The silence that filled the room after Yoongi's statement caught Yoongi's attention. He looked over at the two vampires, nervousness filling him "What?"

Namjoon looked over at Hoseok, who avoided his gaze "You didn't tell him?" Namjoon asked. Hoseok released a sigh. "No."

"Tell me what?" Yoongi asked, standing up from his seat. 

"Yoongi, I was going to tell you when you were strong enough, and now that you are....I don't have the heart to tell you." Hoseok replied, tip-toeing around the subject.

"Tell me what!?" Yoongi shouted, annoyed.

"When someone is bitten and turned into a vampire, they don't age. They're forever physically stuck at the age they are turned. So no, sadly you won't be dying of old age. The only way you'll die is if someone kills you," Namjoon explained. "I, on the other hand- because I'm a naturally born Vampire, will age and die of old age." he added.

Yoongi felt his whole world crumble around him. He won't age? Does that mean he'd have to watch all his loved ones die? He'd have to watch his younger brother die as he lived on forever? Forever stuck in his 20's? He felt himself start to hyperventilate.

"Yoongi? Yoongi, calm down. Just because you can live forever doesn't mean you'll have to." Namjoon said, walking up to him and setting his hands on his shoulders. Yoongi looked up at him.

"What do you mean?" he asked

Namjoon released his shoulders and looked over at Hoseok before looking back at Yoongi. "I don't know much about it, but I've heard that when someone is turned and they can't handle living for so long, they decide to pick a age to die. and when they turn that age they....well, they kill themselves." Namjoon said.

Yoongi looked at both of the vampires in shock, shaking his head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter