The Boy Who Lived Under The Garden

White ravens & Black Doves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of singing was the best thing he remembered from his childhood. He remembered waking up in the morning to the sound of his beautiful mother's beautiful singing. He remembered sneeking out of his bed and into the kitchen where she was preparing him and his father breakfast. He remembered wrapping his arms around her waist and hugging her tight, resulting in her to chuckle and pat his head. "Namjoon, good morning." She said, her voice smooth like silk, calming him and comforting him.

"Good morning, mama." He said quietly. "Namjoon, go sit at the table. Breakfast is almost ready." She said with a smile. Namjoon giggled and nodded, jumping over to the table and sitting down on a chair, his feet dangling a good half an inch from the floor as he was still too short to reach the ground, though being 12 already. Namjoon swung his feet as he listened to his mother him a soft tune.

He stared at her back, admiring her beauty. Her skin glowed in the light and her long silky black hair cascaded down her back like water. He turned to look out the window, staring out at the garden that was so big his father had warned him never to go into it, in fear that he would get lost in it, and Namjoon, being the good boy he was, listened to his father and never dared to enter the garden.

He released a sigh as his mouth started to salivate at the scent of what his mother was preparing. He was starting to become antsy, the hunger burning a hole into his stomach. He looked out the window again and froze in surprise. There at the main entrance of the maze like garden, stood a tall boy. He looked older than Namjoon, possibly 16, and wore a white silk robe that reached his shins, he looked at Namjoon through the window, their eyes meeting.

Namjoon felt hypnotized, the boy was beautiful, maybe even more beautiful than his mother. The boy smiled at him before quickly turning and running into the garden, disappearing behind the huge hedges.

"Namjoon?"

Namjoon jumped in surprise and turned to look at his father who had walked into the room undetected. He watched as his father looked over at the now empty entrance of the garden. "What are you looking at Namjoon?" He asked, his voice deep and intimidating. Namjoon looked over at his mother who walked into the room with a tray in her hands, freezing in her spot and smile immediately dropping from her face when her eyes landed on Namjoon's father.

" I though I saw someone." Namjoon answered. His father stared deep into his eyes for a silent moment before sitting down next to him. "Someone? Who?" He asked. Namjoon looked back out the window "A boy. Around my age I think?" Namjoon answered. He turned back to look at his father, fear jumping in his chest as he was glared down at by his father.

"Namjoon."

Namjoon turned to his mother, who made her way to the table with a tense smile. "You must have a very active imagination." She said setting the tray down on the table. Namjoon frowned at her and turned to look at his father. His father frowned at him "Namjoon, listen to me, no matter what happens or what you see don't go into that garden. I don't want you to get lost."

Namjoon nodded and turned to his mother, her eyes shining with something similar to disgust. Why though? Namjoon wondered.

He heard his mother awkwardly clear . Namjoon looked at his mother, who smiled at him. Carefully, she reached over and picked up the glass bottle from the tray, popping the lid off. Namjoon suddenly remembered his hunger and leaned closer to the table.

"Control yourself, Namjoon." His father said. Namjoon bit his lip and watched as the red liquid poured out the glass bottle and into the glass cup, the amazing smell filling his nostrils. Namjoon's eyes followed the cup as his mother set it in front of him. "Patience, Namjoon." His mother said slowly. She poured another two cups for his father and herself. She stuck the lid back onto the bottle and carefully set it back on the tray. Namjoon watched as his mother and father picked up their glasses, raising them into the air. Namjoon followed suit and raised his glass.

"Let's hope for another safe day from the hunters and for a good day." His father said, downing his glass down in one gulp.

"Cheers." Namjoon and his mother both said in unison before downing their cups also. Namjoon felt the delicious warm liquid fill his mouth and flow down his throat.

"It's quiet delicious isn't it Namjoon?" His mother asked. Namjoon set his half empty cup down and smiled up at his mother. "Yes, mama. Where's it from?" He asked. His mother smiled at him "I was told it was from a from the next town, she was given up as a sacrifice. I always enjoy clean blood. Namjoon, trust me when I say this, ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter