Red Pearl

White ravens & Black Doves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi felt his lungs burn as he he ran down the empty street. He had to get away from the red eyes, he felt like he was going insane. He ran and ran but no matter how fast or how far, he felt the pair of red eyes burn into his back.

It had been a rough few days for Yoongi since he left his gang. He spent nights in bars or abandoned houses, barely able to sleep a few hours due to his paranoia. He jumped at every little sound and was unable to ignore the feeling of being watched. But that wasn't the only thing driving him mad. The feeling of hunger plagued him. Every second of everyday he felt hunger burn a hole into his stomach. He tried to eat, but he was unable to even swallow it, his body rejecting it, refusing it and told him to seek out something else, blood.

Yoongi knew sooner or later, if he didn't eat, he would die of hunger. He had already lost so much weight, his bones were starting show. Yoongi quickly ran into the closest bar. The bartender looked at him questionably. "Do you guys have a bathroom I could use?" He asked anxiously. The bartender nodded and pointed to a door off to the side. Yoongi speed walked towards it, slamming the door closed. He leaned against the sink and gasped for air. He was sleepy and hungry and he had no way to relieve either one.

He glared at his reflection. His former black hair now a platinum blond and his skin was so pale it looked like it belong to a dead man, which in a way, he was. Yoongi gripped the sides of the sink, frustration bubbling up inside him. He watched as his fangs grew sharper, desperate for blood. He clenched his jaw, an animalistic growl coming out of him. It shocked him, how could he make such a noise?

He released a manical laugh "That's right....I'm not human anymore." He whispered. He heard his stomach growl "I...I need food...." He said to no one. Slowly, he walked out the bathroom. The bar was full of drunk men, laughing and shouting at each other. He clench his hand around his bag strap and quickly stomped out the bar 'No....I can't.... I'm not a monster...' He thought. He ran out onto the empty street falling down to all fours, gasping in pain.

He jumped when he heard a loud crash. Turning around, he watched as a drunk man stumbled out the bar, unaware of his presence. Suddenly, the drunk man fell to ground unconscious, the alcohol finally catching up to him.

Yoongi swallowed, staring hard at the man. Slowly, he crawled to the unconscious man, reaching over to grab his hand. He stared down at the smooth skin of the mans wrist. Carefully he leaned down, his mouth right above the wrist. He froze, hesitant and fearful. Tears filled his eyes , he was so hungry. Finally he opened his mouth and went to bite the mans wrist. He stopped when the felt his fangs dig into the skin, the feeling and sound of skin being penetrated by his teeth making him feel nauseous. He quickly pulled back and covered his mouth.

He watched as a small amount of blood come out, creating a tiny bubble on the hole. Yoongi stared hard at it, the small little red pearl of blood making him sick to his stomach. He tasted the small amount of blood that was on his tooth, cringing away at the foul taste. Was this what blood tasted like? Yoongi wondered. If so why would anyone want to drink it?

Yoongi shoved the mans hand away, standing from his kneeling position. He walked down the street, his hand buried deep into his jacket pockets.

"I suggest next time your hungry, don't drink from a drunk." A voice said behind him.

Yoongi felt goosebumps spread over his body, quickly spinning around. He frowned when he saw no one "Am I going crazy?"

"No."

Yoongi jumped in terror when he heard a voice whisper in his ear. Turning he finally saw who had spoken to him. He was slim and had a straight nose, his hair was a chestnut brown and he had red eyes.

Yoongi quickly back away from the vampire, fear filling him. "You have an interesting scent, did you know? You smell like someone I knew." The man said. Yoongi swallowed the ball in his throat, unsure of how to reply. "He's dead now though, killed by hunters. It's odd though, you smell almost identical to him. When I first caught your scent the other night I knew I ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter